Sign in to follow this  
dixiedoodah

Alec Baldwin

I did a search and didn’t find a thread. Is that possible? I can’t think of any other category where this belongs. Shocking.just tragic and shocking,

Alec Baldwin Shoots Prop Gun, Killing 1, Injuring Another on Set of ‘Rust,' Officials Say

Halyna Hutchins, the director of photography, was killed and Joel Souza, the film's director, was injured, according to police

Published 3 hours ago  Updated 19 mins ago

Producer and actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun that killed one woman and injured a man on the set of the movie “Rust” in New Mexico on Thursday, Santa Fe County Sheriff’s deputies confirmed.

The film's director of photography, Halyna Hutchins, 42, was killed, and Joel Souza, 48, was injured when a prop firearm was discharged by Baldwin, the sheriff's office said in a statement Thursday evening.

Souza was taken to the hospital by ambulance and was receiving emergency care, officials said.

For more on this story, go to NBC News.

This is his statement - it was released as two tweets. Also, the second person injured has been released from the hospital. 

There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours. I'm fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.

Edited by dixiedoodah

I guess a Twitter statement is better than no statement, but sheesh....I would think the circumstances warrant something a bit more official.

• Like 1

safety-sign.png

Movie Crew Safety Shocker

October 22, 2021Blind Gossip

We have some shocking inside information about what was really going on behind the scenes of a troubled movie that is currently in production.

The crew actually staged a walk out before this happened.

The crew walked out? Why?

The crew had very serious concerns about safety from the first day of production. The cast was also worried.

It was obvious that the “expert” who was hired did not know what the hell they were doing when it came to handling weapons and it scared both the cast and crew.

The crew was afraid that someone was going to get hurt. That’s why they walked out.

So the producers knew there was a problem?

Absolutely. They knew there was a very serious problem and they knew why the crew walked out.

Wow.

So this accident did not happen out of the blue.

The safety issues on this movie were known to cast, crew and producers from the very beginning.

The crew was concerned enough to walk out.

Clearly, the problem was not fixed.

Given all this, the production company and the individual producers – which include the lead actor – may ultimately be responsible for the tragic consequences of their actions.

Similar: Photo Blind Item 59

Movie:

Actor:

[Optional] Was this preventable? Whose fault was this? What do you think will happen? Always use real names and keep your comments civil.

Knowing his temper, I wondered if this was something more.  But yikes if this BI is true - easy enough for law enforcement to check if there were walk-offs even before it happened.

Entertainment Lawyer

The significant cucumber other of this A list mostly movie actor will do whatever she can to protect the inheritance she will get when the actor dies.  There has been talk that the insurance company will not defend or pay any wrongful death lawsuits which of course means it will come out the actor's money.  She wants to fundraise so she can protect her inheritance.

Alec Baldwin exclusive: 'The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger'

George Stephanopoulos' exclusive interview airs Thursday on ABC, streams on Hulu

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/alec-baldwin-exclusive-trigger-pulled-pull-trigger/story?id=81491305

"Alec Baldwin Unscripted," produced by George Stephanopoulos Productions, airs in a one-hour primetime special event on Thursday 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on ABC and streams on Hulu later that evening.

Next week, a two-hour “20/20” delves into the events ahead of the deadly shooting on the set of “Rust” and the pending investigations into what went wrong, featuring the Baldwin interview and new interviews. “20/20” airs Friday, Dec. 10 (9:01–11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC and streaming next day on Hulu.

Where's that eye roll emoji?? 🙄 Ah, Hilaria.....

I saw the interview with Alec (or part of it, probably) on the Today show today. Not really sure how the hell a gun went off if no one pulled the trigger.....(that particular type of gun I do not think is a kind where the trigger might be easily set off by movement etc....)

Few more BIs:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/02 **4**
This A list actor would now have you believe there was some kind of supernatural force at work or another killer responsible for the death he caused.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/03 **7**
Want to hear something crazy? The wife of this A list actor now is saying the person who died, committed suicide.

I didn't watch the interview (I think I recorded it?  But I got lost in a Yellowstone binge marathon so....).  But the clips I've seen make it look like he is trying to wiggle out of any responsibility.  If he didn't do anything, why wiggle so much??  Are we taking odds if he gets arrested for this?  He is Producer in addition to the actual Actor that fired the gun.

An attorney who posts on another forum I follow chimed in that Alec's interview comments are rooted in legal theory, and specifically that spreading the blame if you will serves to reduce any damages paid out to the victim.  This attorney also noted that while the legal theory in question is widely used it's not really applicable for this fact pattern.

That said, I personally believe that Alec's attorneys must be cringing whenever he or Hilary (because let's face it - she ain't Spanish) open their mouths. Save the defense for a court of law and not the court of public opinion.

4 hours ago, Maxiemom said:

Hilary (because let's face it - she ain't Spanish) open their mouths.

She might not be Spanish, but if she says her name is Hilaria, that's what I'll call her.  People get to tell me what to call them - not me.

Just saw this morning they both closed their Twitter accounts. smart. Because that interview was NOT smart.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Just saw this morning they both closed their Twitter accounts. smart. Because that interview was NOT smart.....

Agreed.

I seem to remember that producers were trying to cut a lot of corners with $, and the safety team they had just recently hired caused a lot of other crew to quit just a few days before.  Alec was both a producer, and the one to actually fire the gun - I'm guessing he will actually do some jail time.

I think regulations should change; I think air guns (NO REAL GUNS) should be used on sets, but cost is a huge factor. I do not think actors should be liable. I think Baldwin - as a producer who was severely cutting costs and impacting safety on set - should be charged. But not actors. I support SAG-AFTRA getting involved (rewriting contracts on this topic?) to limit liability.

• Like 1