Sign in to follow this  
Hoyaheel

The First Lady

We had free Showtime this past weekend so I recorded the first episode of The First Lady - we watched last night. Viola Davis, Gillian Anderson, Michelle Pfeiffer- all amazing, but Pfeiffer is the most amazing. Viola and Gillian doing weird mouth things (and it looks like Gillian has teeth or other prothesis - and I barely recovered from her Margaret Thatcher from The Crown, the Eleanor Roosevelt mouth might do me in).

Michelle Pfeiffer as Betty Ford - wow. I mean, she is so good. No clue when I'll get to see the rest of the episodes (and I'm not even sure how many episodes there will be) but I do recommend after my first look!

• Like 1

Ok, watched first two episodes and really liking it.  The writing is excellent, and whoever did casting is a genius!  Even the small bit parts are well cast.  Agreed that Michelle Pfeiffer is spectacular.  Viola Davis' mouth thing can be distracting, and in a few of the scenes between her and the guy that plays Barack Obama it feels like they are just doing over the top impersonations.  Same with Gillian a few times, over the top impersonation of Eleanor Roosevelt.  But overall like what everyone is doing.

I checked imdb.com and looks like first season is 10 episodes.  I'll be watching.

I work with someone who worked with Betty Ford in the early 90's in the addiction industry.  I'll ask her if she has seen this show and what she thinks.

• Like 1