Sign in to follow this  
princess

Met Gala 2022

I thought the best dressed were a couple of the men! Kilts on Oscar Isaac, the CAPE & suit on Stormzy (who i have never heard of) was gorgeously amazing and perfectly tailored! Same with Bad Bunny!

Lizzo looked great  too - the coat/cloak was my favorite accessory on anyone 😉 (there was someone else who said he was channeling Andre Leon Talley and I can't remember who right now - his memorial service was recent so it's possible it was someone's comment there, not the Met Gala, but I really think it was the Met....)

I always appreciate Sarah Jessica Parker's preparation and research, even if I don't love the reality of the look. I did like her look! Wouldn't have necessarily been my first choice but I understand what she was trying to do.

I thought was a lot of good looks this year.  Some I liked better than others, but overall I thought well done this year.  Agreed the men did not slack off at all either.

I hate to admit it, but Kim Kardashian looked good too. :jawdrop:

• Like 1

KK never does it for me. Honestly, of all the K-J group, I think Khloe looked the best. I do not like Kim as a platinum blond and didn't think the dress did anything for her.

• Like 1

I was disappointed in a lot of the looks this year. Not sure if it’s a coincidence i liked SJP and Blake Lively, as from what I saw they were at least being able to explain their link to the theme.

Emma Stones was blah, I was reading today it was the dress from her wedding reception but that didn’t improve it in my eyes! 

OK, I often find CB a little too mean for me, but I wholeheartedly agree with this take on KK:

What makes me mad is that Kim wore this incredibly historical piece of clothing and she made it look so basic and Kardashian. Her styling sucked, the hair was completely wrong, the jewelry was wrong, and Kim doesn’t actually have the natural charisma or sexiness to pull this off.

https://www.celebitchy.com/765373/kim_kardashian_claimed_she_lost_16_lbs_in_three_weeks_to_fit_into_marilyns_dress/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guess I'm the minority here.  I thought the dress looked great.  Not a fan of the hair/makeup either, but I thought the dress looked good.

It kills me that they let Kim wear Marilyn's actual dress for even five minutes. Historic dresses should be kept in a museum and not worn. Wearing them ruins them. The body oils, make up, etc. will degrade them. Plus she stepped on it at one point, and I heard that even with the massive weight loss her rear end still didn't fit into it so god knows what they did to get it on her. I'm with the many costume historians that are outraged by her being allowed to wear the dress at all. I also didn't think it looked good on her (Marilyn she is not) and the hair was atrocious. 

• Like 3

It didn't fit - that's why she had the fu shrug - to cover the lacing or pins or whatever was holding the non-functioning zipper in place. I mean, originally Marilyn was sewn into the dress. And that silk isn't made anymore because it's too dangerous (flammable). I read way too many archivists and costumers horrified on twitter, agree it was just a bad ego-driven decision. (ego on KK's part AND Ripley AND the Monroe estate who ble$$ed this - there's more interest in Marilyn now than in years and that just means more $$)

• Like 3