Sign in to follow this  
Maxiemom

Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy

I love him every time I see him on a talk show (esp Graham Norton) but I still haven't watched any of the tv shows. It's streaming, right? Do you recommend it?

Maxiedad and I have been watching the live broadcasts on CNN, so I can't speak to streaming options.  The first season was supposed to stream on CNN+, which obviously didn't happen. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the first season but am on the fence with the second so far.  It wasn't bad but didn't seem to have the same charm as the first season, where he interacts with old Italian friends through his travels as opposed to strangers. His wife Felicity also makes an appearance in the first season - they married in Lake Como, so it's not at all forced.  It's a good watch if you enjoy Stanley and/or the Italian culture.  You may be disappointed if you go in to it expecting Anthony Bourdain 2.0 though.

• Like 1

No, I'm not imagining Bourdain. I've sort of always had the image of The Trip with Steve Coogan in my head. Hell, I probably saw them on the same Graham Norton episode and that's why I think that, who knows. I'll try to find, see if they re-air the 1st season.....