princess

Eliza Dushku

Eliza Dushku and Rick Fox Have Split

By K.C. BLUMM

06/24/2014 at 03:15 PM EDT

people.com

Eliza Dushku and Rick Fox have split.

The former Dollhouse star and retired NBA player, 44, who dated for five years, have gone their separate ways after Dushku has moved back to her native Boston.

"Rick's an L.A. guy and I'm a Boston girl," she told The Boston Globe.

Dushku, 33, told The Globe that she's bought a condo near Watertown and is planning to go back to school, but isn't turning her back on acting.

"I'd rather be a little physically cold here than emotionally cold in L.A.," she said. "I missed my town and my family."

Dushku told The Improper Bostonian that she will start studying for a bachelor's degree in the fall.

"I have a new life right now," the former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star added. "I'm on kind of a different path for the time being."

It is ridiculous but I never can like her because of the character she played on Buffy. I couldn't stand Faith. Now, I know the actress is not the character, but she did it too well. I can't like her.

It is ridiculous but I never can like her because of the character she played on Buffy. I couldn't stand Faith. Now, I know the actress is not the character, but she did it too well. I can't like her.

That's funny because I think Faith is the reason I like her!