Sign in to follow this  
Buffgirl

Kelly Osborne in rehab

A year after her older brother checked himself into rehab, 19-year-old Kelly Osbourne is seeking treatment for addiction to painkillers.

Kelly's parents, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, revealed the news Friday (April 2) on CNN's "Larry King Live," where they had originally planned to promote the third season of "The Osbournes," which begins on Tuesday.

"I'm angry," a teary-eyed Sharon said. "I'm let down. I feel like I failed again. I can't take it."

Sharon told King her publicist received a phone call from a British tabloid Friday morning asking for comment on a photo showing Kelly doing a drug deal. Sharon then confronted her daughter, who at first denied doing drugs.

"Being a drug addict and alcoholic myself, I know telling the truth doesn't come easy," Ozzy said. "It's a family illness. It's in the genes. In this day and age, the availability of getting drugs is amazing."

Kelly, whose hard-partying antics are a common theme on "The Osbournes," eventually admitted to taking painkillers and turned over a bag of some 500 pills, Ozzy said.

Sharon then phoned the Promises treatment center in Malibu, California, where Ben Affleck, Robert Downey Jr., Charlie Sheen, Christian Slater and Tim Allen have all received treatment. Jack Osbourne brought his sister there later in the day.

"She didn't put up a fight," Sharon said. "It happened so quickly, she didn't have time. It was so much of a shock she said, 'I'll go.' "

Kelly is still being assessed by the facility, and the family has no idea how long she'll be in treatment. After discussing the details, King asked the Osbournes why they hadn't suspected anything. "I did, but she's so good at telling lies," Ozzy answered.

"You never want to believe it," Sharon added. "She's my baby."

In mid-April last year, Jack checked into Las Encinas Hospital in Pasadena, California. He later admitted to being addicted to the painkiller OxyContin as well as marijuana and alcohol. Jack celebrates one year of sobriety on April 23. "He's doing so good," Sharon said.

Ozzy also has a history of drug and alcohol abuse and spent three months in rehab after he choked and threatened to kill Sharon in a drunken rage in 1989.

"For every good thing that's happened to the Osbournes, there's been a bad thing," Ozzy said.

In recent weeks, Kelly has been hard at work writing her next album as well as shooting an ABC pilot.

Ya know after seeing what drugs did to their dad you think those kids would have the sense to stay away

Edited by Buffgirl

:o A bag of 500 pills? OMG!! I have four children and I would be crushed to know they may an addiction. They are young and we keep a close eye on them still. But the lifestyle celebrities and their families have is nuts. They need to have a strong backbone to decline these invitations. It is hard and peer pressure is a strong component too. I am not naive enough to think my kids won't try drugs at some point, but an addiction is quite another thing. I hope I never have to deal with that kind of problem.

Sharon Osbourne was asked on Larry King Live last night how she would advise other parents to keep their kids away from drugs."I'm a failure," she replied. "How can I give anybody advice?" :(

Have you seen the Osbournes show? They let their kids stay out to midnight + on school nights, no rules that they enforce, etc. It makes for great TV (don't get me wrong, love the show) but when you lose control at that age, of course problems are going to follow....

Yea, just from the glimpses we got of the family on the Osbourne show, they didn't seem to have alot of rules or structure. Glad that she's smart enough to get help. But she's still going to have major temptation when released. I don't know how someone like her and Jack (being so young and involved so heavily in the celeb/music business) are able to stay sober vs someone not in the 'business'. I wish them all the best.

I watched the Osbournes and got a hoot out of it, but I agree with ya. No rules, no structure and kids are just going to do what they please. I guess I don't understand why Sharon is so surprised by her kids behavior. They were an accident waiting to happen.

What I don't understand is how Sharon thinks the way she's raising her kids is normal. When they don't listen to her, she's shocked. Well, at least they are in a loving home - that's clear from the show - but perhaps this will help the parents realize they need to lay down some rules and structure, and stick to it.

I've also wondered about the whole language thing. Even with liberal parents, do kids these days use that kind of language in front of their parents?? Iadmit it was funny when watching the show but also seemed disrespectful in a way. I would have been grounded for life if those words had come out of my mouth. Is that talk the norm these days?? just curious :)

No, it's NOT the norm.....none of their kids have even graduated HIGH SCHOOL, let alone gone on to do anything else academically to expand their minds......I will admit, too, that I do watch the show like a guilty pleasure---BUT--it really is sad watching these kids stumble through their teenage years with the pressures that too much money, too much freedom, and absolutely non-existant rules has done to their lives. I know Ozzy and Sharon LOVE their kids, but you can't be your kid's best friends and still help them grow up to be responsible adults..there is a definate line that they crossed way too early and now they are reaping the turmoil that they've sown in them long ago....their oldest daughter Amy talked about how the kids never used the foul language, etc. until they moved to LA and experienced first-hand the whole "scene".....I hope they pursue serious family counseling.

Kelly in Rehab, Ozzy Overmedicated

EOnline.com

by Lia Haberman

Apr 5, 2004, 7:30 AM PT

Along with the retinue of dog trainers, gardeners, maids and minders hired by the Osbournes, the family might want to consider a live-in drug counselor.

Kelly Osbourne , the middle child in MTV's dysfunctional clan, has checked into rehab for addiction to painkillers, according to her flamboyant parents who appeared on CNN's Larry King Live on Friday.

The 19-year-old, who copped to the problem "after a lot of twisting," was subsequently driven to Malibu's Promises rehabilitation center by her younger brother, Jack--who's just about to celebrate a year's sobriety.

Jack, 18, spent a stint in a Pasadena clinic center last year for addiction to OxyContin, marijuana and alcohol.

The troubled twosome, whose wild ways have been frequently captured on camera, have an older sister, Aimee, who refuses to take part in the family's reality series, which returns to MTV for a third season April 6.

Of course, the kids have nothing on their hard-partying dad, Ozzy , who has a long history of drug and alcohol abuse. The Prince of F***ing Darkness spend three months in rehab in 1989 after he tried to choke Sharon in a drunken stupor.

In fact, Ozzy's currently embroiled in a conflict with a doctor he paid $650,0000 to help kick a prescription drug habit, per the Los Angeles Times.

The heavy metal icon has filed a complaint with California's medical board against a Beverly Hills physician he claims overprescribed addictive drugs to him.

According to the Black Sabbath frontman, drugs such as Dexedrine, Valium and Zyprexa--and not years of hard living--led to his dazed and confused demeanor on The Osbournes reality series.

Authorities have scheduled a sit down with Dr. David Kipper, Ozzy and Sharon to review the singer's medical records since 2002 when Ozzy retained the doctor's services.

Kelly, on the other hand, was less forthcoming about her addictions.

Indeed, the 'rents only found out after an English tabloid approached them Friday with a photo of the "Papa Don't Preach" singer engaged in an apparent drug deal on Sunset Boulevard.

Ozzy told King that his daughter, who's working on her next album, denied having a stash of drugs but that a family maid found a stockpile of pills under her bed.

"So the bag was delivered to me, and I opened this bag and it was full of pills?There must have been 500 pills," Ozzy said.

Sharon described herself as angry and let down by the experience and when asked for advice on how to steer children away from drugs, she answered, "I'm a failure?How can I give anybody advice."

Her famous hubby chalked the addiction up to a "family illness."

Hmmmm, a Drug Counselor? Sharon could just do what my mother did, I get in any kind of trouble and she beats me. Problem solved! Acutally she didn't hit that hard but I knew what would happened to me if I messed up.

Agreed those kids could use an ass-whupping...but it might be a little too late? The way those kids speak to sharon and ozzy....I mean, I want to spank those spoiled, chubby, little brats for them!!!

I remember when the Osbornes first came out, everyone was calling them "wonderful parents" "we sould all be like them" I thought well now I know I'm in trouble because I think as parents they turn a blind eye. I think if my father was a druggie like Ozzy I wouldn't had much of a chance either. As families go I think those folks are messed up

Um, I think what they mean was if you are a TEENAGER they are wonderful parents....what 16 year old kid wouldn't love filthy rich parents, don't need to get a job like the rest of the teenage kids do - so they can get a work eithic and contribute to society when they are adults? Oooohhh, I just got really mean! Just burns me when I'm busting my hump to make ends meet and I hear this crap.....rant over!

Guest saltandpepper

I feel sorry for Ozzy. He's been a druggie for years and unforunately is reaping the seeds of that in his later years. Still he keeps going.As parents I think they definitely love their kids but I wouldn't classify them as good parents. The kids are way too spoiled and out of control.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Kelly Osbourne: 'I Could Be Kylie'

AP / Dan Peled, file

Ozzy Osbourne's daughter Kelly is planning to breathe new life into her

ailing pop career by copying Australian pop princess Kylie Minogue.

Osbourne is convinced she shares many similarities with the petite Minogue,

and hopes her recent shift towards Minogue's favored electro pop, will win

her some fans.

She says, "I have learned lots about performance by watching old videos of

Kylie."

She intends to rival Minogue's status as the most perfect bottom in pop,

with raunchy sex-themed videos.

She adds, "Sex really does sell, so I'll be doing loads of that."

-_-

Yeah, Really Hot

Posted Image

Kelly Osbourne was leaving Noir in Vegas the other night with Paris Hilton when she turned to her friends and said, "Paris gave me my first alcohol poisoning!"

Rush & Molloy reports that Paris laughed and said, "I did?! That's hot."

Paris was probably shocked, because I'm sure that's a first for her. She's probably used to people saying, "Paris gave me my first STD!"

http://www.dlisted.com/