princess

Celebs Getting Airbrushed 2

E!'s Answer Bitch

Q: How do celebs manage to keep their eyes so white all the time? Do they use some kind of eyedrops?

Curious Kitty, Los Angeles

Posted Image

A.B. Replies: I shudder to think what you would ask Buddha if you ever reached the top of the mountain. One rude awakening coming up! But first, did you know that...

? Tobey Maguire can't really climb walls or sling webs.

? When you hear Pink singing about some horrible aspect of herself and then you hear another Pink on the same track singing backup about that horrible aspect, it's not her twin.

? And David Boreanaz can't really do that vampire thing with his face.

These are special effects, touch-ups, show-stopping entertainment magic, if you will, dear Curious Kitty.

Same goes for those celebrity eyeballs in magazines. (Come on. They reflect enough light to tan a Hilton. Of course they're fake!) At least in most cases, says Joshua Kessler, a celebrity photographer who has snapped everyone from Maggie Gyllenhaal to Michael Stipe.

"The answer lies in two places," he says. "In most photographs, the whites of the subjects' eyes are usually given highlights, and therefore are used to base the whole exposure and color of the image. Generally, when lit, the eyeballs go white and do not show detail, covering up red or bloodshot eyes."

Got it. What else? Kessler spills more secrets: "In the age of retouching, any remaining lines or discoloration are probably retouched."

Also remember: Magazine editors are often ordered by publicists to make their celebrity clients look great--or else no more interviews with the A-listers. Ever. Most entertainment media--me excluded, of course--live and die by those interviews, so if Señor Crowe had a rough night at Papas & Beer in Rosarito, May-hee-ko, you can bet the style editors at GQ will work late to ensure you never know, at least not by way of his appearance in their magazine.

Some makeup artists throw eyedrops into their subject's faces, just in case the retouchers get too busy drooling over some Olsen Twins spread and forget to do their jobs.

"I use Clear Eyes Extra Relief," says makeup guru Sadie Wilson of frank.studio in Santa Monica, California. (See our next entry for Sadie's dish on ridiculously thin eyebrows!) "I'm also all for splashing your face with cold water."

Sure, you go ahead and splash Russell Crowe with cold water. I'll wait for you waaaay over here.

Celebs with and without makeup:

Posted Image

JENNIFER GARNER

Posted Image

JENNIFER LOPEZ

Posted Image

GWEN STEFANI

Posted Image

PAM ANDERSON

Posted Image

CAMERON DIAZ

Posted Image

BEYONCE KNOWLES

Posted Image

BRITNEY SPEARS

Out of everyone, drew barrymore, liv tyler and somewhat beyonce are the only ones who still look pretty or beautiful without make-up.

Edited by Jerrica Benton

Out of everyone, drew barrymore, liv tyler and somewhat beyonce are the only ones who still look pretty or beautiful without make-up.

I agree with Jerrica's picks and I want to add, IMO, Jennifer Garner. Madonna looks really rough as does Pamela Anderson. :blink: :ph34r: Edited by canal

gawker.com

We have to hand it to Stuff magazine editor Mike Hammer, just for having some hefty (if not slightly misogynistic) balls. While speaking at Syracuse University, Hammer doled out the secrets to successful covers, including such nuggets as, "Make sure [your cover girl] -- or their caboose -- is huge." Also, singer Sheryl Crow is not "super hot," so photogs have to work extra hard to make her look good. Hammer then revealed that Carmen Electra and Pamela Anderson are great fallback covers, if all else fails (their publicists are going to love that). Most importantly, Stuff does NOT use Photoshop to increase chest size, but they do shave some inches off the hips. Because "child-bearing" simply isn't fuckable.

When I was in John Casablancas Modeling school back in 1988 or so......long time ago.........Cindy was just getting big and they said at the school then she had a pretty bad complexion. It was really "textured" they said and not like she looked in magazines. They said back then she had bad scarring all over the place. Cameron Diaz has not looked good since the early 90's. Whatever happened to her she just let her self go much like Britney is doing. Cameron and Paltrow are same age as me and I cannot get over the difference in appearance. In my opinion Gwyneth looks great still and Cameron looks like a junkie or something. She has pretty eyes but thats about it besides a nice bod. The rest of her face is just yuck but she does make 20 mil a pic so she must be doing something right. I think out of the pics posted Jen Garner, Liv and Drew and Beyonce look the best. I think Beyonce actually looks better and prettier without the heavy caked on make-up. J.Lo doesn't look horrible either but she doesn't look beautiful or anything without her make-up, just very average. At least she has a clear complexion. Maddonna looked haggered and Pam is showing her age. Britney has really just jumped off as cliff as far as her looks going downhill. I cannot believe her complexion is so horrid. YUK! I guess Justin Timberlake is attracted to pizza faces or something.

Edited by Rebelgirl

time for a new nose job too...never seen a Christmas tree shaped nose before...her palstic surgeon certainly didn't do a very good job the first time around...

In the older pictures, she does have brown eyes. I read somewhere she has some kind of very expensive contacts that do not show the brown.

Posted Image

okay so it ain't clear but i find it hilarious so that makes it exempt :D

Wow, that's Paris - right?? If so, yes - she wears contacts and seems to be pretty common knowledge.