princess

Celebs Getting Airbrushed 2

Here is a pic of Lindsey NOT airbrushed. Not bad, although funny how you never see that many freckles on her on cover shots :D

Posted Image

Yeah, suck in that gut, Camie!

Edited by BobbyD

Posted Image

Yeah, suck in that gut, Camie!

Oh jesus, I think I'm going to go running for another hour and not eat the rest of the year if we're calling that "a gut"! :(

That is pretty ballsy of her to be wearing a bikini. Also, it might not be a bad idea to put a bag over her head. How did she get to where she is? Casting couch? Also, that pic of Paris is hilarious. I've seen her with brown eyes too. Aren't blue eye contacts so 80's? If she and her sister didn't have Hilton as a last name, they'd be nobody's.

That is pretty ballsy of her to be wearing a bikini. Also, it might not be a bad idea to put a bag over her head. How did she get to where she is? Casting couch? Also, that pic of Paris is hilarious. I've seen her with brown eyes too. Aren't blue eye contacts so 80's? If she and her sister didn't have Hilton as a last name, they'd be nobody's.

LOL! Better make it two bags!! :D

Casting couch?

Probably, but would you do her if she came in looking like that? :huh: What is Justin thinking? :rolleyes: *meow*

That is the neatest site. I think all teenage girls should have to view that to get a better idea of what they are trying to emulate, and maybe a better self body image.

Edited by adb263

Interesting, it talks about some celebs looks and so many different celebs mentioned so I posted this here........hope thats okay........NY POST..PAGE 6 JUNKETEERING journalists are widely regarded as sycophants who write fluffy prose about movie stars in exchange for access and free travel. It's too bad they don't share their true, warts-and-all impressions of Hollywood A-listers. Two veteran, New York-based junketeers have confided their real feelings to PAGE SIX - and their appraisals aren't pretty: * Tom Cruise has only two ways of expressing himself: He either wields a "dead-serious expression," like Ben Stiller's "Blue Steel" stare in "Zoolander," or he just "laughs and laughs inexplicably," flashing his million-dollar choppers. "It's disturbing. You don't know what he's laughing about." * Brad Pitt, up close, lives up to his last name. "He has pockmarks the size of the La Brea Tar Pits and his teeth are yellow and cigarette-stained." * Jennifer Lopez is "gorgeous, but totally business-like, terrible. There was nothing real about it." Says one journo, "I was the only one who dared ask her something about Marc Anthony. She responded with a non-answer, but her Miramax publicist muscled me after it. I said, 'See you later,' and the publicist said, 'I doubt it.' " * When he doesn't like a question, the Dalai Lama-loving Richard Gere has perfected "the silent treatment." Additionally, the Brazilian celebrity magazine Contigo excavated these junketeers' comments about other stars: * Harrison Ford "proves why his bad temper is so well-known," says one writer. "When I mentioned the word 'charisma,' and asked him why he's so in demand to play heroes on screen, he cut me off, saying, 'If you want to talk about charisma, go find Ricky Martin.' I was speechless after that." * Catherine Zeta-Jones is "astonishingly beautiful, no arguing that. But intellectually, she's weak. When she doesn't understand a question, which isn't rare, she tries to make up anything by way of a response. The worst part is when she makes jokes, she's the only one who laughs. A total embarrassment." * Andy Garcia is "a great disappointment. I thought he would be charming and interesting. But at the 'Ocean's Eleven' junket, I met a plain man in an ugly jacket who was fat and slung into a chair." * Angelina Jolie, an exception to the rule, is "one of the most fun celebrities to interview. She's always in jeans and without make-up."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Net posted this in another thread, thought was really good and should share here too.

And slightly off-topic, here's something interesting that soho2chelsea's post reminded me of.  (It may take a minute to load.)  I think it should be shared with teens and pre-teens.   

http://demo.fb.se/e/girlpower/retouch/retouch/index.html

It shows a magazine cover, and how it's manipulated to change the image.

Wow!! They took off about 1/4 of Nicole Richie!! Cool site! There are a couple of damn good pics of Johnny Depp there also. :P

It's a real photo... sort of

by roto January 13th, 2001

06:33:32 AM CST

aintitcool.com message board

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but _all_ movie art is heavily retouched in Photoshop before being leaked to fanboys. I know, I used to work for a design agency where I got to digitally iron out Sharon Stone's wrinkles. Anyway, I have no doubt that this image is Tobey Maguire in a rubber suit, but the buildings are fake, the lenses have been retouched, the highlights on the suit are accentuated, etc., etc. But so what? I'm sure they'll be digitally retouching the suit similarly in the actual movie, and it's all make-believe anyhow, unless they taught Tobey to climb walls and squirt webs.

Worth1000 members kick off the week with some hilarious and creative masterpieces in this photoshop contest that removes the retouching from airbrushed celebrities - Detouching

There was an amazing article on ONTD about how celebs/models are retouched, stage by stage for magazine photoshoots. You see that what you are actually looking at mostly does not resemble the real girl as she is in everyday life. They're all airbrushed to death but it's usually done so well most people think there are really people walking round as flawless as that. It's a real con. :rolleyes:

There was an amazing article on ONTD about how celebs/models are retouched, stage by stage for magazine photoshoots. You see that what you are actually looking at mostly does not resemble the real girl as she is in everyday life. They're all airbrushed to death but it's usually done so well most people think there are really people walking round as flawless as that. It's a real con. :rolleyes:

Yes it is.But it also enables these "stars" to walk amongst us, unnoticed. And it really pisses me off because people STILL think that there are people who actually look that good and it makes my job even harder. <_<