Sign in to follow this  
princess

Alanis Morissette

Morissette Gets "Naked" at Juno Awards

imdb.com

Alanis Morissette poked fun at America's censorship rules while hosting Sunday night's Juno Awards in Edmonton, Canada, by stripping off to reveal a skin-colored body suit with lifelike nipples and pubic hair. The "Ironic" singer initially shocked TV viewers and audience members with her stunt, but when it was apparent she wasn't actually revealing anything, the crowd burst into fits of laughter. When Morissette was told she couldn't show nipples or pubic hair on national TV by the telecast's assistant director, she ripped off the fake body parts. She later explained her act was targeted at Americans who have over-reacted to cultural, free expression, in the wake of Janet Jackson 's Super Bowl shocker, in which she exposed a breast. Morissette said, "As you may or may not be aware, recently in the United States, I ran into a little problem with regards to a lyric in one my songs, which includes the lyric, 'I can be an a**hole of the grandest kind.' It was requested that I change a word in the first verse. Well, I am overjoyed to be back in my homeland, the true North - strong and censor-free." In truth, Morissette agreed to make the change, replacing the offensive word with "nightmare".

From Yahoo.com...

Top Stories - AP

Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds Engaged

NEW YORK - Isn't it ironic? Alanis Morissette (news), who made her name with poignant, angry songs about wrecked relationships, is engaged. The 30-year-old singer says her boyfriend, actor Ryan Reynolds (news), has asked her to marry him, according to Us Weekly magazine. The couple hasn't set a date yet.

Morissette and the star of the movie "National Lampoon's Van Wilder" started dating by e-mail two years ago.

"I knew early on that he was someone I could spend the rest of my life with," she told the magazine for its June 28 issue. "I just feel like we're family and we're on this journey of evolving together. He's courageous, he'll talk about anything, he takes responsibility, he's just unbelievable."

Reynolds, 27, flew to Ottawa to ask Morissette's parents for permission to propose to her — which the singer didn't know about. He also helped design her 2.5 carat emerald-cut platinum ring, and got down on one knee to give it to her.

"We were at home," she said. "It was very simple, pure and sweet — and shocking!"

Morissette, whose songs include "Ironic" and "You Oughta Know," has won several Grammys (news - web sites), including album of the year for 1995's "Jagged Little Pill."

He "helped" design the ring? WUSSY!!!

Edited by BobbyD

people.com She's come a long way from her time as a Jagged Little Pill ... nowadays, formerly tortured singer Alanis Morissette is more concerned with her impending wedding to actor and fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds (Blade: Trinity, Van Wilder ) than with the old lover who done her wrong. So, what's new on the nuptials front? The pair is "putting the plans together, although just barely," Morissette tells us. "We're thinking sometime next year. I don't believe in the gender thing, so some of my bridesmaids will be men." As for a venue, Morissette said only that the wedding will take place "somewhere mellow." Next up in her professional life: Morissette will appear on an episode of American Dreams and on MAD TV this month. It seems a flair for comedy has been her "back pocket secret for awhile," she says.

people.comMONDAY, JUNE 13: A decade after the release of her album Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette is back with a gentler – if not kinder – acoustic reworking of her 1995 CD, which has sold more than 30 million copies worldwide. But you'll have to get your music where you get your soy lattes: The album – which includes extra tracks – is only on sale at Starbucks for the first six weeks and then it'll hit record stores on July 26. And the singer was so inspired by her pared-down album that she'll hit the road on June 7 for a 27-city acoustic tour.

Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds Split

Wednesday Jun 07, 2006 10:45am EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Posted Image

Morissette and Reynolds in 2004

CREDIT: KATHY HUTCHINS / HUTCHINS PHOTO

Singer-songwriter Alanis Morissette and her fiancé for the past two years, actor Ryan Reynolds, have split, a source close to the couple confirms to PEOPLE.

Morissette, 32, and Reynolds, 29, first met at Drew Barrymore's birthday party in 2002 and dated for two years before becoming engaged in 2004.

In June 2005, Morissette told PEOPLE.com of her fiancé, "He's just such a supportive creature. I feel so loved by him, in a trampoline kind of way. He's always very happy for me."

She credited the success of their relationship in part to the fact that they're both Canadian. "We already started off with the shorthand, so I think it's a really great base. I attempted dating many American men. I tried!"

No wedding date was ever announced. "We're just really enjoying this (engagement) phase," Morissette told PEOPLE.com last year. Said Reynolds, "We feel like we're already married."

Reps for Morissette and Reynolds could not be reached for comment.

Alanis Morisette at the LA Suite in the Roosevelt Hotel, Los Angeles (07/27/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

HWB

She can do no wrong for me. I think she is one of the greatest chicks in rock. I wish she was still angry.

people.com

MONDAY, JUNE 13: A decade after the release of her album Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette is back with a gentler – if not kinder – acoustic reworking of her 1995 CD, which has sold more than 30 million copies worldwide. But you'll have to get your music where you get your soy lattes: The album – which includes extra tracks – is only on sale at Starbucks for the first six weeks and then it'll hit record stores on July 26. And the singer was so inspired by her pared-down album that she'll hit the road on June 7 for a 27-city acoustic tour.

Has she run out of original ideas? :huh:

FRIENDLY EXES

Though they ended their engagement in June, Alanis Morissette and Ryan Reynolds look quite cozy as they enjoy a Sunday stroll in New York City's Meatpacking District.

Posted Image

Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds End Engagement

People

Ryan Reynolds and Alanis Morissette have called it quits – and this time, it's official.

Their reps, Dvora Vener and Meredith O'Sullivan, tell PEOPLE in a joint statement, "Ryan Reynolds and Alanis Morissette have mutually decided to end their engagement.

"They remain close friends and continue to have the utmost love and admiration for each other. They ask that their privacy be respected surrounding this personal matter."

Morissette, 32, and Reynolds, 30, had previously split in June, a source close to the couple told PEOPLE at the time, but within weeks they were seen walking in Vancouver, holding hands in L.A. and, on Oct. 1, kissing in New York City.

The singer and the Smokin' Aces actor, both Canadian-born, met in 2002 and dated for two years before becoming engaged in 2004.

They never announced a wedding date. "We're just really enjoying this [engagement] phase," Morissette told PEOPLE in 2005. Added Reynolds, "We feel like we're already married."

Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds End Engagement

People

Ryan Reynolds and Alanis Morissette have called it quits – and this time, it's official.

Their reps, Dvora Vener and Meredith O'Sullivan, tell PEOPLE in a joint statement, "Ryan Reynolds and Alanis Morissette have mutually decided to end their engagement.

"They remain close friends and continue to have the utmost love and admiration for each other. They ask that their privacy be respected surrounding this personal matter."

Morissette, 32, and Reynolds, 30, had previously split in June, a source close to the couple told PEOPLE at the time, but within weeks they were seen walking in Vancouver, holding hands in L.A. and, on Oct. 1, kissing in New York City.

The singer and the Smokin' Aces actor, both Canadian-born, met in 2002 and dated for two years before becoming engaged in 2004.

They never announced a wedding date. "We're just really enjoying this [engagement] phase," Morissette told PEOPLE in 2005. Added Reynolds, "We feel like we're already married."

I thought this happened months ago!?

HOLY MOLY

Isn't It Urinic?

Dead-eyed, gurning simpleton Alanis Morissette is reportedly a huge fan of urine therapy, which involves drinking one's own micturition and also rubbing it into the skin (so now deaf and blind people can hate her too).

The 'Jagged Little Piss' singer never leaves the house without a little flask of her own bladder juices, so she can have a quick slurp or a dab behind the ears should the fancy take her.

Practitioners of this 'therapy' are also referred to as 'uro-paths', though the prefix 'psycho' would seem to be more appropriate.

Isn't THAT ironic?

Morissette wins sci-fi movie role

Singer Alanis Morissette has joined the cast of Radio Free Albemuth, based on a book by sci-fi writer Philip K Dick.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the Canadian star will play Sylvia, a woman with cancer who appears in the visions of a record label executive.

Based on Dick's semi-autobiographical 1976 novel, published posthumously in 1985, the low-budget film is written and directed by John Alan Simon.

Morissette said she was "a big fan" of Dick's "expansively imaginative" work.

"I feel blessed to portray Sylvia and to be part of this story being told in film," she is quoted as saying.

Hallucinations

Currently shooting in and around Los Angeles, Radio Free Albemuth was loosely inspired by the hallucinations Dick himself experienced in the mid-1970s.

The science-fiction writer, who died in 1982, has had several films adapted from his work, among them Blade Runner, Total Recall and Minority Report.

Morissette, 33, is best known for recording career but has made sporadic ventures into film.

In 1999 she played God in religious satire Dogma, while she appeared as a lesbian anaesthesiologist last year in TV series Nip/Tuck.

Earlier this year she released a parody version of the Black Eyed Peas song My Humps that was widely circulated on the internet. http://www.bbc.co.uk

Morissette Reflects on Breakup With New CD that 'My Humps' video

By RYAN PEARSON AP Entertainment Writer

BURBANK, Calif. June 9, 2008 (AP) The Associated Press

Early last year, the 34-year-old singer-songwriter split with her actor fiance Ryan Reynolds after a 4 1/2-year relationship. And lo, the product of that broken relationship lands on store shelves this week in the form of "Flavors of Entanglement."

Like her Grammy-winning 1995 major label debut "Jagged Little Pill," the new album is at once biting and vulnerable, optimistic and angry. In person, Morissette laughs easily at the creative rush that came as things fell apart with Reynolds, who is now engaged to Scarlett Johansson.

She had us laughing when, seemingly out of the blue, she put a tongue-in-cheek cover of Fergie's "My Humps" up on YouTube in April 2007. It's since been viewed over 13.5 million times.

Morissette sat down with The Associated Press to talk about writing as therapy, Fergie's lyrical gems and Reynolds.

AP: Tell me about the process of recording this album.

Morissette: In the middle of my breakup, I went to London for 12 days, wrote 12 songs. It was all very immediate and visceral. Then I came back to LA and wrote 12 more songs with a gentleman named Guy Sigsworth, whom I adore. So the writing itself was very immediate. Versus my having written in the past retrospectively. It was very in the moment. It was like a little life raft for me. The structure of going in the studio every day was very helpful for me.

AP: It seems like half the album is looking back at your relationship with Ryan and half is these moving-forward songs. Was that intentional?

Morissette: One of the main themes of this record is this recovery, rising up from the ashes so to speak. So it's sort of an unraveling of my own personal life, hitting my own rock bottom and rising up. ... I didn't even realize it while I was writing the record, but it definitely goes through all the stages of grief.

AP: Are you into celebrity gossip?

Morissette: I'm definitely not online or reading those magazines anymore. I used to read them all the time but I think once the tables were turned on me, I stopped reading it. I started to see the nature of it, and I started to see in my case anyway a lot of it was inaccurate. So I stopped reading it, because I thought well if it's that inaccurate about me, it can't be accurate about other people. But every once in a while they nail it on the head. (Laughs.)

Morissette: Guy Sigsworth and I were in the studio, and I was writing the 20th song. The running joke with him was I would come into the studio and he'd say 'What horse from the Apocalypse is coming in today, Alanis?' So that particular day I was like 'God, I wish I could write something really simple.' I said 'A song like 'My Humps' would be great.' So I with him interpreted it on the piano. And then within a week we were recording the video for it with my friends in my garage at my house. ... Whenever a song is slowed down and balladized, as I call it, the lyrics have more of the light shown on it. So I did learn a few things about having to make your man work work, make you work, make you work work work. It's very profound. And true! It works!

AP: Ryan has now moved on. Is that difficult for you? What's your message for him?

Morissette: I have enough distance, so to be perfectly honest I'm not really that focused on it. I wish anyone whom I love, whether I hang out with them or not, great success and love in their life. So — Godspeed.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Dave Coulier on Ex Alanis: "We're Good"

Posted Image

Comedian Dave Coulier says people oughta know there's no bad blood between him and ex Alanis Morrisette.

Can you believe these stars dated?

Coulier — best known as goofy Uncle Joey on ABC's Full House — is the inspiration behind Morrisette's 1995 angst-ridden anthem "You Oughta Know."

Lyrics include: "And I'm here to remind you / Of the mess you left when you went away / It's not fair to deny me / Of the cross I bear that you gave to me."

He says he was driving when he first heard the tune.

"I said, 'Wow, this girl is angry.' And then I said, 'Oh man, I think it's Alanis,'" Coulier tells the Calgary Herald. "I listened to the song over and over again, and I said, 'I think I have really hurt this person.'"

Inundated with press calls, he says he tried to get a hold of her — and eventually got through.

"I said, 'Hi. Uh, what do you want me to say?'" he recalls. "And she said, 'You can say whatever you want.'"

Eventually, he says, "we saw each other and hung out for an entire day. And it was beautiful. It was one of those things where it was kind of like, 'We're good.'"

Morissette and her on-and-off fiance Ryan Reynolds officially split in 2007.

[

Eventually, he says, "we saw each other and hung out for an entire day. And it was beautiful. It was one of those things where it was kind of like, 'We're good.'"

I just can't trust a man who uses the word "beautiful" to describe a day of hanging out.

Alanis Morissette Gets High from Running – and the Occasional Joint

Alanis Morissette struggled with depression her whole life, but recently, she found an effective antidote: running.

Morissette, 35, tells Runner's World that "running has made being depressed impossible. If I'm going through something emotional and just go outside for a run, you can rest assured I'll come back with clarity."

The Grammy-winning singer, who has run two marathons, tries to live a healthy lifestyle, including eating lots of kale. But she still occasionally indulges "in red wine, and it's fun to have medical marijuana once in a while," she says. "I still party and include a little debauchery."

Always an active athlete – Morissette says she was once a "hard core" swimmer who trained seven days a week – she sometimes struggles with the motivation to run. "But I tie my laces, put on a tight bra and get out there like a little robot. The first 10 minutes are excruciating, but soon I get into the flow."

Morissette ran the two marathons for charity and did November's New York City Marathon with Edward Norton on behalf of the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. In October, she did the Bizz Johnson Trail Marathon through Lassen National Forest in California, representing the National Eating Disorders Association.

"I struggled with eating disorders, especially in my teens," she says, "but I've noticed when I treat my body like an instrument instead of an ornament, my relationship with food completely changes.'

To ease aching muscles, she takes ibuprofen. But after a long run she sits in an ice bath to "get that inflammation down. It's not too pleasant, but you get used to it."

Source People

Saw Alanis on the Today show this morning and just ordered her new album - listening now. It's good!!! Which is funny to me because I'm GenX, full on Lilith Fair era college student, but this is my first Alanis album ;-)