princess

Ashlee Simpson

Jessica's Sis Gets Realby Shawna MalcomTV Guide.comBrace yourselves: Another Simpson is about to get the MTV-reality treatment. As previously reported, Jessica's 19-year-old actress sis, Ashlee ? who plays Cecilia on WB's 7th Heaven ? has landed a six-episode series that will chronicle the writing and recording of her as-yet-untitled debut rock album.Premiering in June, Ashlee was pitched to MTV by manager dad Joe Simpson , who saw it as an opportunity for the actress-singer to break out of her famous older sister's shadow. "I knew people were going to say she got her record deal just because she's Jessica's sister," he says. "I wanted people to see Ashlee's the real deal."While the cable network bit, Ashlee herself proved a tougher sell. "I was sort of anti-reality because my sister has her show," the younger Simpson admits. "But it's cool because it's the first time people will really get to see the real me."So, who is the real Ashlee Simpson? Well, musically speaking, she's not Jessica. While the Newlyweds star can't resist a good frothy ballad, Ashlee ? who co-wrote each track on her forthcoming CD (due in July) ? counts Courtney Love and Alanis Morissette as influences."I get p---ed off," says Ashlee, whose voice is a surprisingly soulful rasp that complements her music's harder-edged sound. "And writing a song helps me get over it." To wit, one of the disc's tracks, "Autobiography," is "basically a response to people assuming I'm a Jessica clone. It's like, 'If you wanna know me, just ask me!'"Or just watch Ashlee, which, like Newlyweds , will focus on both the star's professional and personal lives. "You'll see my heart completely break," says Ashlee, who split with her boyfriend of two years during the course of filming. "It could be scary to go public, but I don't have anything to hide. I want people to connect to my music. And I think they will if they can connect to me."

Posted Image

BACK IT UP

Ashlee Simpson, Jessica's little sis, rocks out Sunday at a New York City concert. The busy singer-actress will release her debut album, Autobiography, on July 20 ? and, in keeping up the family tradition, an MTV reality show chronicling her life will premiere June 16.

Posted Image

GUY MAGNET

Ashlee Simpson basks in the attention of her male fans Thursday after appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman in New York City. It's a big week for Jessica's little sis: The MTV reality star will release her debut album, Autobiography, on Tuesday.

people.com Those Simpson sisters, they share everything ? including aspiring pop star Ryan Cabrera. Twenty-year-old Cabrera, whose debut album hits stores next month, is opening for Jessica on some dates of her Reality tour ? and he's also dating younger sis Ashlee, 19. "I'm with Ryan," she told us at the release party for her own CD, Autobiography, at New York nightspot PM this week. The 5-month-old pair recently reconciled after a brief hiatus, she said, because "we like each other too much." Ashlee, who is finished with her role on The WB show 7th Heaven (though she may go back for guest spots) and is pursuing a movie career, told us she had hesitated to get into the music biz. "I was more shy (than Jessica) about singing," Ashlee says. "I never really knew I could do a record. It's something I always really, really wanted, but I didn't know because I kind of felt like that's her thing, I don't need to do that. But I really wanted to ? so I just did it." The two sisters are planning to share something else this holiday season: Their father, Joe, tells us that Ashlee will join Jessica for a duet on her Christmas album.

Mean Magazine Hosts Record Release Party for Ashlee Simpson.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ashlee Simpson and Shane West

Posted Image

Kelly Osbourne

EOnline.com LIL' SIS MAKES GOOD: Ashlee Simpson debuting on top of Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart, selling over 398,000 copies of Autobiography.

Wonder if Jessica ever thought lil sis would have a hit recort :huh: (guilty pleasure but do find myself singing along to Pieces of You).

Posted Image

HOTTEST SIBLING RIVALRY

Move over, Jessica – Ashlee's the new No. 1. Simpson's dark-haired little sister, 19, topped the album chart by selling 398,000 copies of Autobiography. If that wasn't enough, her MTV reality series, The Ashlee Simpson Show, was the week's highest-rated cable program.

She has very pretty eyes. She can pull off the blue eyed brunette look (thus not looking like a Jessica clone)..its just that mullet/shag extensions hairstyle..:blink:. She just needs something different done to her hair.

Ashlee Simpson Show May Get Second Season

Tuesday Aug 03, 2004 12:00pm EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Wednesday is the finale of the eight-episode Ashlee Simpson Show on MTV, but word is circulating that Jessica Simpson's little sister may be back for a second season.

Ashlee averaged 2.9 million viewers a week, nearly the 3.5-million figure achieved by MTV's Newlyweds, starring her sister and brother-in-law Nick Lachey. In even more desirable demographics, Ashlee nabbed 2.1 million viewers among MTV's core group of 12-34 year-olds, compared to 2.5 million who tuned into Newlyweds.

MTV has declined comment on the show's prospects for a second season, but TV reporters say its return is likely.

All told, it's been a very good two weeks for the 19-year-old brunette. Her debut, Autobiography, debuted atop the Billboard 200 albums chart after moving more than 398,000 copies in the week ended July 25.

"This is beyond my wildest dreams," Simpson said in a statement. "I'm so excited for what's happened and what's to come. I am so thankful for everyone's support."

Ashlee co-wrote the 12 tracks on her first album, including debut single, "Pieces of Me." (The track hit No. 3 on Billboard's Top 40 radio airplay chart.) Autobiography also includes Simpson's ballad "Shadow," which tells of her decision to step out of her older sister's shadow and carve out her own musical and acting niche.

"She is making her own shadows now. It took a lot for Ashlee to make this record and step outside of expectations," said Ashlee's mom, Tina Simpson, in a statement released through her younger daughter's label, Geffen.

Page SixOut in La-La land, pop sensation Ashlee Simpson has called it quits with singer Ryan Cabrera. Cabrera, also managed by Ashlee's father, Joe Simpson, has been featured on MTV's "Ashlee Simpson Show," but scheduling problems have doomed their budding fling."They are both so busy with touring and promotion," a source shared. "They looked at the calendar and realized that the next time they'd be able to get together is a year from now."A representative for Ashlee ? whose latest album, "Autobiography," recently topped the pop charts ? did not return calls.

Jessica & Ashlee: Different Lives The Simpson sisters are both reality-TV stars and chart-topping singers ? but in other ways, they're worlds apart. Peek inside their lives. By Serena Kappes

people.com

Posted Image

THEIR SISTERHOOD:

"We're only competitive when it comes to who has the better outfit or gets more of Mom's time," says Jessica, 24, of sister Ashlee, 19 (in New York City in May). "She usually wins, 'cause she's the baby." Says mom Tina of her rebellious younger daughter: "Ashlee likes to test the waters more than Jessica."

Posted Image

THEIR MEN:

Jessica and her husband, Nick Lachey (at the Super Bowl in February), first met at the Hollywood Christmas Parade in 1998, and married in Austin in October 2002 following a traditional courtship. By contrast, Ashlee made the first move when she met her on-again, off-again singer-songwriter boyfriend Ryan Cabrera (in Atlanta in May) while guest-starring in his video in December 2003. "I totally pulled him against the wall and started making out with him," Ashlee told Teen People.

Posted Image

THEIR ONSTAGE LOOK:

Ashlee (performing in West Hollywood in May) sports a rocker-chick look, in keeping with the styles of her music idols, Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders and Janis Joplin. Sis Jessica favors couture ? as in the one-of-a-kind Roberto Cavalli dress she wore during her Reality tour, which ended Aug. 1.

Posted Image

THEIR SCREEN DREAMS:

Though she's in talks to play Daisy Duke in an upcoming big-screen version of the TV show The Dukes of Hazzard and briefly guested on That 70s Show, Jessica has yet to really get her feet wet as an actress. But Ashlee (at a WB party in 2003) already has a TV series under her belt: She got her acting start playing sweet-natured neighbor Cecilia Smith for two seasons (2002-2004) on 7th Heaven.

Posted Image

THEIR CAREERS:

Jessica has expanded her empire beyond performing: She launched a beauty line, Dessert (being tasted by husband Nick at an event in January), which she'll follow up with a fragrance line called Taste, and she also has clothing in the works. Meanwhile, Ashlee is focusing on her budding music career: In its first week on the charts, her album Autobiography reached No. 1 and sold 398,000 copies.

Posted Image

THEIR PERSONAL STYLE:

"My look is always changing. One day I'll be into purple eye shadow, the next day I'll just wear gloss and men's clothes," Ashlee (in L.A. in July) told Teen People. Meanwhile, Jessica (in West Hollywood in April) has a penchant for designer looks: Some of her favorite pieces include her $1,190 Gucci carryall bag and her $2,495 Monique Lhuillier trench coat.

Posted Image

THEIR BODIES:

While Jessica is curvy and names her "boobs" as her best body part (and her "short legs" as her worst), Ashlee (with her sister at a Golden Globes party in January) is taller by five inches (she's 5'8") and lankier. "When I was younger, I tried to be skinny," says Jessica, who now embraces her voluptuous figure.

Posted Image

THEIR HAIR:

Ashlee (in New York City in July) said good-bye to her flaxen locks several months ago, dyeing her hair brunette and adding extensions. "You have one life to live," says Ashlee. "Why not have turquoise hair for two months of it?" Though Jessica (in April) varies her styles from curly to pin-straight to wavy, she has never strayed from being a blonde.

Posted Image

THEIR RELATIONSHIP:

Ashlee used to be Jessica's back-up dancer, and her song "Shadow" is about taking a backseat to her sister. "For a long time, I always felt really guilty, because I knew that it was because of me that she wasn't living a normal life," Jessica (with Ashlee in Dallas in July) told Vanity Fair recently. "But now she realized that she was not supposed to. We're closer now than we've ever been."

Wonder if she'll go back to blonde when she starts filming 7th Heaven again?? I don't think they would want the faux punk look :;

EOnline.com NO MORE ASHLEE? Ashlee Simpson telling Blender magazine that she is not coming back for a second season of her popular MTV hit The Ashlee Simpson Show. However, the singer's reps say she is talking with the network for one more go-round.

Posted Image

SEXUAL POLITICS

Ashlee Simpson's tee might just be the right motivation for some Total Request Live fans. The singer-actress was on the show Monday to promote her album Autobiography and the upcoming second season of her MTV reality show.

Posted Image

CLUB KID

Ashlee Simpson winds down after an evening of partying at hipster club Prey in West Hollywood on Thursday. The singer (who celebrated her 20th birthday on Oct. 2) will be the musical guest on Saturday Night Live on Oct. 23.

Ashlee Simpson and Ryan Cabrera Back Togethergossiplist.comA saavy LiveJournal.com user snapped Ashlee Simpson and Ryan Cabrera sharing a tender embrace at the Dallas Airport. Obviously, they are back together.

So did anyone see the SNL ?(Man I don't tape that show anymore)Apparently she had a total "milli vanilli" moment. What I can gather, she and the band were about to do their second song. Backing vocals come on for the Wrong Song (so much for singing live)...the band starts playing the correct song Live...Ashlee does some little dance..guess she didn't know what to do...and Walks off stage. From what I read, the band had smiles on their faces. SNL abruptly cuts to commercial..then comes back on with some repeated segment. Sure bet Papa Simpson was none too pleased. Then she comes on at the end and blames the band for "playing the wrong song" Oh yea..right :D Kind of feel sorry for the gal but blaming the band...why didn't you just do your best and sing the right song live..Fox News showed it but I missed it.I always thought it was a rule that the bands Had to play Live on SNL..hmmm