princess

Ashlee Simpson

Ashlee Simpson says she relates to her role as fame-hungry Roxie Hart in the London run of the musical "Chicago." She's been there, done that. "The play is absolutely all about celebrity and wanting to be famous and having your name in the papers and your picture in the papers," the 21-year-old singer-actress told AP Radio in a recent interview.

"And, in that sense, it's been kind of cool because I've really got to connect to that, because I've seen that world and been in that world."

Simpson, whose 2004 debut album, "Autobiography," was a hit despite her "Saturday Night Live" lip-synching snafu, called her new role "extremely humbling."

"You are not a celebrity when you come here," she said. "Everyone is equal, everyone has to work together, so this has been amazing. But, as far as tabloids and whatnot go, I really try to keep my head out of them and try not to read the stories or anything like that, because they are never really true."

Her 26-year-old sister, Jessica Simpson, is also a pop superstar/media magnet. Yet, there's no sibling rivalry, she said.

"Jessie and I don't have that because we're sisters, we've got to be there for each other. We can have the other people we're competitive with, but not each other."

abcnews.

Posted Image

Makeover complete! Is that a picture of Ashlee or Jessica? All that remains is for Papa Joe to force Ashlee to get her boobs done so he'll have Jessica's understudy/his next meal ticket when Jessica's star goes down in flames.

Posted Image

Makeover complete! Is that a picture of Ashlee or Jessica? All that remains is for Papa Joe to force Ashlee to get her boobs done so he'll have Jessica's understudy/his next meal ticket when Jessica's star goes down in flames.

Seriously - Ashlee or Jessica? That looks like Jessica - and I've never thought she and Ashlee looked that much alike....

Posted Image

SISTER ACT

Jessica and Ashlee Simpson make the rounds – separately – over the weekend in London. Ashlee (left) gets dialed into the theater world Saturday in preparation for her West End debut as vixen Roxie Hart in Chicago. And Jessica – who's in town to cheer her sister on at Monday's opening night – attends a London Fashion Week party on Friday.

TAKE A BOW

Ashlee Simpson soaks up the applause on her opening night as Roxie Hart in Chicago in London's West End on Monday. Of performing on the London stage, Simpson said, "This is definitely an honor for me. It's my dream!"

Posted Image

SUPPORT SYSTEM

Ashlee gets a hand from big sister Jessica (who sat in the front row cheering squad alongside parents Joe and Tina) on opening night. After the show, Jessica said of Ashlee's performance, "Perfect. What could be better than that?"

Posted Image

TAKE A BOW

Ashlee Simpson soaks up the applause on her opening night as Roxie Hart in Chicago in London's West End on Monday. Of performing on the London stage, Simpson said, "This is definitely an honor for me. It's my dream!"

Posted Image

SUPPORT SYSTEM

Ashlee gets a hand from big sister Jessica (who sat in the front row cheering squad alongside parents Joe and Tina) on opening night. After the show, Jessica said of Ashlee's performance, "Perfect. What could be better than that?"

Posted Image

honestly, Jessica doesn't look too thrilled.. she's probably jealous..

Ashlee Simpson is attracted to English men.

The blonde star, the sister of "Dukes of Hazzard" actress Jessica, admits she goes weak at the knees for guys from the UK, because they are so charming.

She said: "They are really sexy, I like their accents."

It seems her father and manager Joe approves of her taste in men and has given Ashlee, 21, the green light to pursue a guy from across the pond.

Joe said: "I certainly approve of Englishmen."

Ashlee, who is currently starring in "Chicago" in London's West End, is determined to embrace all aspects of English culture and not just the men while she is in the capital.

The sexy star is most looking forward to visiting one of the city's many pubs.

Ashlee said: "The cast are going to take me a traditional English pub where the floors are sticky."

Source: BANG Showbiz

Posted Image

Oh my gosh! I totally thought that was Jessica! Wow, she's had a LOT of work done.

Nick: How I Got Back At Paris

September 30, 2006 -- NICK Carter says he decided to fight fire with fire when he learned that Paris Hilton was rampantly cheating on him with Sophia Bush's fiancé, Chad Michael Murray - so he waited until she jetted off to Australia and then jumped into bed with Ashlee Simpson.

The former Backstreet Boy revealed his revenge tactic when he and his kid brother Aaron visited Page Six yesterday to promote their E! show, "House of Carters," on their way to an Us Weekly luncheon

"I'd fallen head over heels with this chick. Then, all of a sudden, three months go by and I got people telling me, 'Nick, you know what Paris is doing to you,' and I got a little upset," Carter related. "So then I just decided to fight back a little bit and started doing my own thing again. The result is I hooked up with Ashlee Simpson. When Paris came back from Australia, they talked to each other and she found out about it.

"So I brought it up to her and said, 'You know what I did, and now it's your turn. Why don't you tell me what you did.' And she goes, 'I never did anything! I never cheated on you.' I had kind of started to really like Ashlee and I was thinking about the dating stage, then, before you know it [bleep]ing bitch-face comes back."

Carter, 26, told us he has no regrets, but still has a bitter taste in his mouth about Hilton. "I got so burnt over that whole Paris [bleep] with all this swinging and switching. Whatever happened to morals and values?" asked Nick, who's now working on a highly anticipated Backstreet Boys reunion album: "We've done about half of it so far."

Meanwhile, Aaron, 19, who has a new album due in February, says his own shotgun engagement last year to Playboy Playmate Kari Ann Peniche, who'd previously dated Nick, failed because he just wasn't ready to settle down. "It was just a big mess. She was pretty upset, but I just realized I made a mistake," he said.

And it wasn't a cheap mistake. While he never got her an engagement ring, "I bought her earrings for $10,000," Aaron confided. "And I need to get 'em, back. I need to get 'em back!" Good luck with that.

EXIT STRATEGY

Ashlee Simpson checks her vixenish alter ego Roxie Hart at the stage door as she goofs off with fans outside London's Cambridge Theatre after her Thursday night performance in Chicago.

Posted Image

NICK Carter, 26, claims he slept with Ashlee Simpson to get back at his ex, Paris Hilton. The Backstreet Boys singer was so mad Paris cheated on him with Chad Michael Murray he flew to Australia to bed Ashlee. He told the New York Post: "I'd fallen head over heels with (Paris). Then, all of a sudden, three months go by and I got people telling me, 'Nick, you know what Paris is doing to you', and I got ... upset. So then I just decided to fight back ... I hooked up with Ashlee ...I was thinking about the dating stage, then, before you know it f***ing b***h-face comes back. I got so burnt over that whole Paris s**t with all this swinging and switching. Whatever happened to morals and values?" - From BANG Showbiz

Source: News.com.au

MEET & GREET

Following Monday night's performance in Chicago, Ashlee Simpson dons her little red – er, waving? – hood as she greets fans outside the Cambridge Theatre in London.

Posted Image

MAD HATTERS

Fresh from a recent night out in Hollywood, Fergie crosses the Atlantic and hooks up with fellow pop star Ashlee Simpon for dinner Monday at Mr. Chow in London.

Posted Image

Do you think she ever wakes up in the morning and looks in the mirror and wonders who the hell that is looking at her? She's lost her soul, and is now just another INCREDIBLY dumb blonde. She's ten seconds from the "where are they now" file and will be appearing on group reality TV before the year is out..maybe Flav needs another fill-in girlfriend?

Couldn't happen to a more deserving family.

IT'S BEEN REAL!

Ashlee Simpson gives her regards to London's West End after her final bow as Roxie Hart in the musical Chicago on Sunday.

Posted Image

Fit To Be Taye'd

IDINA Menzel, you'd better watch your man. Taye Diggs, who married his "Rent" co-star in 2003, was spotted "cheek to cheek" with Ashlee Simpson at G Spa last week. They took tequila shots and were intimately whispering and intertwining arms for a half hour. A rep for Simpson says she and Diggs are "just friends."