princess

Ashlee Simpson

Simpson-Wentz have 'Alice in Wonderland' wedding

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Don't be surprised to find Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz grinning Cheshire cats — they're newlyweds.

The pop-star little sis of Jessica Simpson and the Fall Out Boy bassist tied the knot Saturday night at her parents' Los Angeles-area home with an "Alice in Wonderland" theme, according to People magazine.

Simpson, 23, and Wentz, 28, exchanged vows at the property in Encino, a bedroom community in the San Fernando Valley. Joe Simpson, her father, performed the non-denominational ceremony and sister Jessica was the maid of honor, the magazine said.

People also reported Saturday that the couple is expecting a child together, which both Simpson and Wentz have long denied.

Rumors began to fly midweek that the wedding was on, and things got curiouser from there.

A flurry of arrangements on Saturday afternoon just outside the guarded gates of the Simpson's property indicated that the pop singer's wedding to Wentz was imminent. White shuttle vans with deeply tinted windows were streaming through the gates, as were several delivery vehicles.

Drivers of a few expensive cars who arrived at the guard tower were told to park elsewhere and take a shuttle. One was a well-dressed woman who arrived in an Audi packed with red boxes.

And of course, the paparazzi had been gathering before 3 p.m., lingering outside the property. Aerial photos posted online Friday on several celebrity Web sites appeared to show an outcropping of large white party tents.

Simpson and Wentz began dating in fall 2006 and announced their engagement April 9.

Ashlee Simpson's latest album, "Bittersweet World," was released last month. It peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 in its first week, and tracks have logged more than 19 million plays on her MySpace page.

___

Associated Press

Ashlee & Pete Say "I Do" in Sunset Ceremony

In a sunset ceremony at the home of her parents, pop star Ashlee Simpson, the little sister of Jessica Simpson, walked down the aisle with Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz.

Around noon on Saturday, the groom arrived via limo at the Encinco, Calif., home of Ashlee's dad Joe Simpson, who also officiated over the non-denominational ceremony under white tents.

Big sis Jess, who arrived with on-off beau Tony Romo before noon in the Employee of the Month star's Range Rover, was maid of honor. According to reports, Pete's bulldog Hemingway served as ring-bearer.

Also in attendance were Nicole Richie and her rocker babydaddy Joel Madden. Wearing jeans to the event were the other members of Fall Out Boy. Scrubs star Donald Faison along with girlfriend, Jess' former assistant CaCee Cobb, were there for the blessed event.

Sources inside the wedding say the bridesmaids wore Vera Wang gowns, while Ashlee wore an ivory gown by Monique Lhuillier.

The event was catered by celeb chef Wolfgang Puck, whose staff began to arrive on the scene around 3pm PT.

Around 5:30pm PT, the approximately 150 guests enjoyed a cocktail pre-wedding party. And shortly before 10pm, shuttle buses began to leave the Simpson house for those guests unable to party through the night.

One wedding VIP who definitely won't be boozing it up tonight is the bride, who sources tell OK! finally revealed her pregnancy to everyone at the reception. Weeks ago, OK! was the first to report that the couple were expecting a baby — a story that both Ashlee and Pete danced around on talk shows and in interviews.

Since there's so much rivalry in Hollywood and ladder-climbing, I wonder how the older sister feels about all this since she seems to go from one disaster to another - as reported, in her 'personal' life? Or is that engineered?

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

EXCLUSIVE: See Ashlee & Pete's First Wedding Photo

Posted Image

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz's weekend wedding may have looked like the ultimate rocker event – complete with 10,000 black magic roses, red-and-black décor and chandeliers dripping with crystals – but for the couple and their 150 guests, it felt more like a sweet fairy tale, PEOPLE reveals in its new issue.

"She looked like a girl right out of a movie," the groom, 28, says about his new bride, 23, who wore an ivory lace Monique Lhuillier gown and a cathedral-length veil during the nondenominational ceremony officiated by her father, Joe Simpson.

He looks more feminine than she does in that People pic :wacko:

Yeah, he almost always does. So does his dog.

If that recent, hideous pic of Chestica is anything to go by, Asslee's scheduled to turn into a man in a couple of years. Why Pete married her is becoming clearer all the time. It's not just famewhoring, he gets to be the pretty one!

She looks like she is in drag !! The dog is the cutest thing about the whole picture !! Jessica looks like she is getting screwed from behind !!! lol If thats the pic of Jessica and Tony People pd a million $$ for to be on the cover they lost money !!

She looks like she is in drag !! The dog is the cutest thing about the whole picture !! Jessica looks like she is getting screwed from behind !!! lol If thats the pic of Jessica and Tony People pd a million $$ for to be on the cover they lost money !!

On the contrary, a BAD picture of Jessica is worth way more than a good one. My theory: this is the only photo in which they could capture Tony smiling.

On the contrary, a BAD picture of Jessica is worth way more than a good one. My theory: this is the only photo in which they could capture Tony smiling.

The "smiling Tony" theory makes a lot of sense. Besides, when was the last time Jessica didn't look like a drag queen?

The "smiling Tony" theory makes a lot of sense. Besides, when was the last time Jessica didn't look like a drag queen?

I think Jessica looks young and pretty when she goes without makeup and doesn't let that freak Paves near her hair. Most of the time when she's made up she looks like a drag queen in a Texas beauty pageant.

Ashlee Simpson Becomes Ashlee Wentz

Newly married Ashlee Simpson is changing her name to Ashlee Wentz in honor of her husband, Fall Out Boy Pete Wentz.

"I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man," she tells PEOPLE. "It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."

The singer, whose May 17 wedding featured an Alice in Wonderland-themed reception, says that privately she'll go by Ashlee Wentz and professionally she'll be Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.

Pete Wentz says he left the name change decision to his wife. "These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee," Wentz says. "I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."

Still, he admits, he was flattered. "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded!" he says. "It feels insane. It feels unreal."

Ashlee and Pete Wentz Confirm Pregnancy

Newlyweds Ashlee and Pete Wentz have confirmed that they are expecting their first child.

"While many have speculated about this, we wanted to wait until after the first trimester to officially confirm that we are expecting our first child," they wrote on Wentz's site, friendsorenemies.com. "This is truly the most joyous time in our lives and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family."

After getting married in L.A. on May 17, the couple honeymooned in Turks and Caicos.

The bride, who has changed her name to Ashlee Wentz but will go by Ashlee Simpson-Wentz professionally, told PEOPLE after the wedding, "I would love to have a big family one day."

Added her new husband: "A big soccer team or a band!"

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz Confirm Pregnancy

Thursday May 29, 2008

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz have confirmed they are expecting their first child.

They announced the news — which Usmagazine.com first broke in April — on his Web site, friendsorenemies.com, on Wednesday.

"While many have speculated about this, we wanted to wait until after the first trimester to officially confirm that we are expecting our first child," they wrote. "This is truly the most joyous time in our lives and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family."

The couple wed in Los Angeles on May 17. They just returned from their honeymoon to the Caribbean.

"I feel great!" Wentz recently told Ryan Seacrest of married life. "It is sunny and 65 in my head."

Posted Image

On the same day they announced that they are expecting their first child in a joyful blog post, Pete and Ashlee Wentz step out for dinner at Pace Restaurant in Los Angeles on Wednesday. "This is truly the most joyous time in our lives," the newlyweds wrote, "and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family."

Is he wearing the same scarf that caused that Rachel Ray/Dunking Donuts flap? Does anyone else think he's balding badly and has a bad comb-forward?

Ashlee Simpson Postpones Summer Tour

By Kristin Boehm

Originally posted Sunday June 01, 2008 10:50 AM EDT

Just days after confirming her pregnancy, Ashlee Simpson has postponed her summer tour.

"After careful consideration, Ashlee Simpson has decided to postpone her summer tour," the singer's publicist said in a statement Saturday. "She is committed to giving her fans the best show possible, and will be back better than ever and ready to rock in the future."

Meanwhile, the new Mrs. Wentz was in Vegas with her parents and husband for the Palms Place grand opening party where Wentz was spinning.

Playing "Power of Love," Wentz said into the microphone, "This is dedicated to my father in law Joe Simpson. I definitely have the power of love for you."

He later dedicated a song to his "baby momma," who was sitting in VIP with her mom drinking water.

• Reporting by MARK GRAY

Is he wearing the same scarf that caused that Rachel Ray/Dunking Donuts flap? Does anyone else think he's balding badly and has a bad comb-forward?

I think he is fugly AND has a bad comb-forward!

Posted Image

On the same day they announced that they are expecting their first child in a joyful blog post, Pete and Ashlee Wentz step out for dinner at Pace Restaurant in Los Angeles on Wednesday. "This is truly the most joyous time in our lives," the newlyweds wrote, "and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family."

Why are they looking so annoyed that the papparazi are taking pictures of them when they're out in public on the same day they announce she is pregnant?? :rolleyes: