Sign in to follow this  
princess

PETA

(Pagesix.com)

Twin Targets

THE animal-loving freaks at PETA are training their hate-beams on the Olsen twins, whom they've dubbed "The Trollsen Twins." :D PETA is furious they've "ignored pleas to stop wearing fur and using it in their fashion collection." The group is unveiling a campaign against the "fur fiends" - Mary-Kate ("Hairy Kate," above) and Ashley ("Trashley") - with a tag line: "Fur Is Worn by Beautiful Animals and Ugly People." The Trollsen Twins poster will be unveiled today at their Walk of Fame star in LA.

(Pagesix.com)

Twin Targets

THE animal-loving freaks at PETA are training their hate-beams on the Olsen twins, whom they've dubbed "The Trollsen Twins." :D PETA is furious they've "ignored pleas to stop wearing fur and using it in their fashion collection." The group is unveiling a campaign against the "fur fiends" - Mary-Kate ("Hairy Kate," above) and Ashley ("Trashley") - with a tag line: "Fur Is Worn by Beautiful Animals and Ugly People." The Trollsen Twins poster will be unveiled today at their Walk of Fame star in LA.

I used to be a supporter of PETA but their "campaigns" sicken and disgust me. They've become the ugly people.

(Pagesix.com)

Twin Targets

I used to be a supporter of PETA but their "campaigns" sicken and disgust me. They've become the ugly people.

Such f :angry: ktwits, this is the same organization that used fur-loving Dita Von Teese as a spokeswoman...that kind of negates anything they say about fur wearers being evil.

PETA Targets Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in New Campaign, Calls Them the "Trollsen Twins"

Tuesday December 11, 2007

Posted Image

Well, two targets: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

In a new ad campaign to be unveiled today at the Olsens' Walk of Fame star on Hollywood Boulevard, PETA blasts the 21-year-old star sibs — whom they dub the "Trollsen Twins — for wearing fur and including it in their collections Elizabeth and James and The Row.

"Thin-twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are about to get some publicity that will have them running away faster than if they'd spotted a calorie," the group said in a snarky statement today.

The new ad features the twins above the headline "Fur Is Worn by Beautiful Animals and Ugly People."

To coincide with the ad, PETA has also launched a new web site devoted to "Hairy-Kate" and "Trashley."

It features, among other things, a mash-up video called "Full House of Horrors," in which footage from the twins' former hit TV show is interspersed with – you guessed it – scenes of animals being killed for fur.

"No one would argue that Mary-Kate and Ashley could use some meat on their bones, but the last thing they need is hair on their backs," PETA's Assistant Director of Youth Campaigns Dan Shannon said in a statement.

usmagazine.com

Edited by QTPIE

I don't like fur, but that stupid ad makes me want to go out & buy a huuuge fluffy warm coat. :rolleyes:

Peta needs to understand that hateful campaigns like that defeat whatever they are trying to accomplish.

I don't like fur, but that stupid ad makes me want to go out & buy a huuuge fluffy warm coat. :rolleyes:

Peta needs to understand that hateful campaigns like that defeat whatever they are trying to accomplish.

*Carves up a T-Bone steak and uses Chinchilla fur napkins* :D

Peta Declares War On The Olsens

Posted Image

Peta has gone after the Olsens dedicating an entire website and MySpace to them. They have dubbed them "The Trollsens" and individually named them Hairy Kate and Trashley Trollsen.

They are going after the twins for wearing fur and also including it in their fashion collections.

Peta said, "No one would argue that Mary-Kate and Ashley could use some meat on their bones, but the last thing they need is hair on their backs."

Their MySpace reads: " Hi, we're Hairy Kate and Trashley Trollsen, and like most trolls, we live under a bridge and wait for furry animals to walk by so we can skin them and wear them as hats. Because we're celebrities, we don't have to live by the same rules that ugly people like you do, and if we want to wrap ourselves up in someone else's skin, or drape our bodies in the rotting remains of someone's family, we totally can! And boy, do we ever."

Like the Olsens give a fuck. They live in their own troll bubble. They probably don't even know what the internet is. They can't be bothered with petty things like that. All they know is high heels and Marlboro Reds.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Peta Declares War On The Olsens

Posted Image

Peta has gone after the Olsens dedicating an entire website and MySpace to them. They have dubbed them "The Trollsens" and individually named them Hairy Kate and Trashley Trollsen.

They are going after the twins for wearing fur and also including it in their fashion collections.

Peta said, "No one would argue that Mary-Kate and Ashley could use some meat on their bones, but the last thing they need is hair on their backs."

Their MySpace reads: " Hi, we're Hairy Kate and Trashley Trollsen, and like most trolls, we live under a bridge and wait for furry animals to walk by so we can skin them and wear them as hats. Because we're celebrities, we don't have to live by the same rules that ugly people like you do, and if we want to wrap ourselves up in someone else's skin, or drape our bodies in the rotting remains of someone's family, we totally can! And boy, do we ever."

Like the Olsens give a fuck. They live in their own troll bubble. They probably don't even know what the internet is. They can't be bothered with petty things like that. All they know is high heels and Marlboro Reds.

LMAO! that was just funny as hell even though that pic was scurry! :D

‘Got Pus?’ merchandise may land PETA in court

Milk processors say they will sue over slogan, give Saturday deadline

MSNBC.com

WASHINGTON - Got a problem with milk? Better not rip off the industry's well-known marketing slogan to express it.

Milk processors are demanding that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals end a publicity campaign that asks "Got pus? Milk does."

PETA, which advocates a dairy-free diet, has plastered the slogan on T-shirts, mugs and other merchandise to draw attention to what it says are dangerous levels of somatic cells — pus — in much of the milk sold in this country. The pus gets there because of an udder infection called mastitis that can infect cows raised for their milk, PETA says.

The California Milk Processor Board, which owns the Got Milk? trademark, has laughed off countless previous knockoffs, from Got Fleas? to Got Freud? The board even has welcomed some as boosting publicity for milk.

But the board contends there is no truth to the pus claims and that PETA is violating the campaign's trademark.

"Milk is one of the most regulated, tested and therefore safest products that consumers can buy," said Steve James, the milk board's executive director. "Pasteurization has been required for almost a century in order to remove harmful organisms and bacteria so it's safe for human biology."

In a letter provided by PETA to The Associated Press, lawyers for the milk processor board demand that PETA immediately cease the Got Pus? campaign and, by this Saturday, turn over any remaining merchandise along with profits. If PETA fails to comply, the milk board will sue, the letter says.

PETA's lawyers planned to reply in a letter Thursday that would dismiss the trademark infringement allegation as "entirely without merit."

"Your client cannot seriously contend that an appreciable number of consumers who see a T-shirt bearing the 'Got Pus? Milk Does' slogan would be confused into thinking that your client is the source of the T-shirt, attempting to sell milk by letting the public know that when they drink milk they are also consuming pus," the PETA letter says.

The dispute comes several years after PETA sued a different milk group, the California Milk Producers Advisory Board, over its ad campaign depicting allegedly happy cows grazing in California pastures. The ad campaign argued that happy cows produced great cheese, but PETA argued the ads were false and misleading. A state judge threw out the case in 2003 and the California Supreme Court declined to take it up.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

RENOUNCING SKIN

December 20, 2007 -- KIM Cattrall , who's dripping in fur in the "Sex and the City" movie, wants those pesky PETA people off her back. So she's arranged to have all the pricey skins donated to the organization after filming is completed. PETA claims Cattrall, whose Samantha character is splashed with red paint by protesters in the flick, is "adamantly against fur. She once wore fur, but had a change of heart once she learned how animals are drowned in traps and electrocuted on fur farms," a PETA rep said. The donated skins will be marked by a red "X" on the back and given to the homeless.

nypost

Gallop poll: Pink's all horsefeathers

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:00 AM

Pink is working with PETA.

Members of New York's Horse & Carriage Association are cracking their whips at Pink now that the rocker has accused them of animal cruelty in a billboard campaign with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

The singer told us last week that "these horses aren't taken care of at all. Their hooves are made for grass and they're forced to walk on concrete, and there're fumes from all the Mercedes, which the horses suck in all day long."

Carriage-owner rep Carolyn Daly bridled at Pink's charge that the asphalt hurts the horses' hooves. "They have specialized shoes for concrete," said Daly, adding that their equine partners get a four-month vacation at a Pennsylvania farm.

"We haven't had one animal cruelty violation from the three agencies that oversee us," said Daly, who derided the "ignorant comments of a B-list pop star. A true 'Stupid Girl' is one who talks publicly about something she knows nothing about."

Hansom cab driver Ian McKeever said he's never witnessed a driver abusing a horse — and would intervene if he did.

McKeever, whose horse Roger has appeared on "Sex and the City," argues, "My horse is more famous than [Pink] is!"

Gallop poll: Pink's all horsefeathers

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:00 AM

Pink is working with PETA.

Members of New York's Horse & Carriage Association are cracking their whips at Pink now that the rocker has accused them of animal cruelty in a billboard campaign with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

The singer told us last week that "these horses aren't taken care of at all. Their hooves are made for grass and they're forced to walk on concrete, and there're fumes from all the Mercedes, which the horses suck in all day long."

Carriage-owner rep Carolyn Daly bridled at Pink's charge that the asphalt hurts the horses' hooves. "They have specialized shoes for concrete," said Daly, adding that their equine partners get a four-month vacation at a Pennsylvania farm.

"We haven't had one animal cruelty violation from the three agencies that oversee us," said Daly, who derided the "ignorant comments of a B-list pop star. A true 'Stupid Girl' is one who talks publicly about something she knows nothing about."

Hansom cab driver Ian McKeever said he's never witnessed a driver abusing a horse — and would intervene if he did.

McKeever, whose horse Roger has appeared on "Sex and the City," argues, "My horse is more famous than [Pink] is!"

Sometimes they go too too far. They forget the facts.

(Pagesix.com)

Fur Flies

ARETHA Franklin may be steaming mad at Beyoncé for calling Tina Turner - and not her - the "Queen of Soul," but PETA thinks she's not a queen but a clown. In a letter to Franklin, PETA mouthpiece Dan Matthews writes, "Music lovers may think of you as a 'queen,' but to animal lovers, you are a court jester . . . Why not shed the old-fashioned look that adds pounds to your frame and detracts from your beautiful voice? Please consider donating your furs to the homeless as 'queen of compassion,' Mariah Carey, did. You'll get a tax credit for the donation, and we at PETA will all sing your praises."

(Pagesix.com)

Fur Flies

ARETHA Franklin may be steaming mad at Beyoncé for calling Tina Turner - and not her - the "Queen of Soul," but PETA thinks she's not a queen but a clown. In a letter to Franklin, PETA mouthpiece Dan Matthews writes, "Music lovers may think of you as a 'queen,' but to animal lovers, you are a court jester . . . Why not shed the old-fashioned look that adds pounds to your frame and detracts from your beautiful voice? Please consider donating your furs to the homeless as 'queen of compassion,' Mariah Carey, did. You'll get a tax credit for the donation, and we at PETA will all sing your praises."

thank you!

as I looked at that duck I thought how many animals died to cover that clown arse. boo hoo I'm the queen, I'm the queen! Want sympathy grow a heart towards your fur friends

Eva Longoria, Lindsay Lohan Top PETA's Worst Dressed List

US

PETA has crowned Aretha Franklin as the "biggest loser" in its online poll for 2008's Worst-Dressed Celebs.

Lindsay Lohan, Eva Longoria, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue and Marilyn Manson were runners-up in the poll that scolded stars for wearing fur and leather.

PETA wrote:

Aretha Franklin

How 'bout some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for animals? Aretha, when you waddled into the Grammys in yet another vulgar fur, you looked as if you were going to perform "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles. You might be a queen, but you don't know jack about compassion.

Marilyn Manson

Always draped in leather from head to toe, Manson has enough skeletons in his closet to fill a pet cemetery. As if wearing dead animals isn't foul enough, Manson says that he wears his cow-skin pants 24/7—only peeling the smelly things off to have sex. That alone should be enough to tarnish leather's dated sex appeal. Manson might only be the shock rocker's stage name, but his wardrobe is a real-life tale of blood and guts.

Eva Longoria

Eva Longoria is short on compassion. In her trashy furs, she looks like the streetwalker of Wisteria Lane. Eva is one "desperate housewife" in need of a quickie divorce—from her stylist.

Lindsay Lohan

I Know Who Killed Me isn't just the title of Lindsay Lohan's latest bomb, it's the cry of the animals snuffed out so that this "mean girl" can pose in their pelts. Lindsay, there's no road to recovery for the foxes who are anally electrocuted so that you can look skanky.

Kate Moss

Nothing completes the transition from supermodel to super tramp like a fur coat. If Kate could see clearly through those bleary eyes, maybe she’d clear her closet of those furs.

Kylie Minogue

What does Kylie Minogue have in common with her python purse? They are both cold-blooded. Come on Kylie, it's not cool to clutch an accessory made by nailing snakes to a tree and skinning them alive.

Aretha makes PETA's `worst-dressed' list

AP

PETA thinks Aretha Franklin is no queen of soul when it comes to wearing fur.

Franklin was crowned this year's worst-dressed celebrity by the animal rights organization. Her crime: wearing "yet another vulgar fur" at the Grammy Awards.

"... you looked as if you were going to perform `I Am the Walrus' by the Beatles," People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said Wednesday of Franklin's appearance. "You might be a queen, but you don't know jack about compassion."

"How 'bout some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for animals?" PETA added.

The other offenders are Marilyn Manson, Eva Longoria ("in her trashy furs, she looks like the streetwalker of Wisteria Lane"), Lindsay Lohan, Kate Moss and Kylie Minogue.

PETA called Minogue cold-blooded for toting a python purse. As for Lohan, the group remarked: "`I Know Who Killed Me' isn't just the title of Lindsay Lohan's latest bomb, it's the cry of the animals snuffed out so this `Mean Girl' can pose in their pelts."

Christina Ricci, Martha Stewart and Alicia Keys have said they've given up wearing fur since being singled out by PETA in previous years.

PETA asked people to vote on the Web site Fur Is Dead.

The group said it took Britney Spears out the running because they didn't want to kick her while she's down.

Here's A Handy List Of Fur-Wearing Celebs For You To Throw Red Paint On When You See Them!

Posted Image

I'm kidding. I could care less. I mean, I would probably sign your petition, but I like my leather harness....I mean shoes! The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, aka PETA, have released their top ten list of the worst offenders when it comes to wearing fur. The queen of soul Aretha Franklin won top honors. They better watch out, she's no one to tangle with. Those boobs alone will end you. About Aretha they said: "How 'bout some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for animals? Aretha, when you waddled into the Grammys in yet another vulgar fur, you looked as if you were going to perform "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles. You might be a queen, but you don't know jack about compassion." Seriously, she will hit them with her canned ham. Other targets (cause you know this campaign is ongoing) include Lindsay Lohan, Eva Longoria, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue and Marilyn Manson. The Olsens appear to have escaped PETA's notice or maybe they made a donation. Seriously, Lohan can wear an entire bear cub around her bod as long as she stays clothed in photoshoots from now on. Damn. Bad wig, badly lit, bad idea.

Here's some delightful images of celebs sporting animals.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Why The Hell Isn't Sharon On This List?

Posted Image

Peta compiled their list of the Worst Dressed Celebrities of 2008, but they failed to mention Cruella Stone! Sharon basically wears fur every time she's out. She must be sucking some major Peta dick, because I don't understand. Peta did however target Aretha Franklin. They better not mess with the queen. She's going to turn into a real bear and go on the attack.

Here's how the rest of the list looked:

Marilyn Manson: "Always draped in leather from head to toe, Manson has enough skeletons in his closet to fill a pet cemetery. As if wearing dead animals isn't foul enough, Manson says that he wears his cow-skin pants 24/7, only peeling the smelly things off to have sex. That alone should be enough to tarnish leather's dated sex appeal. Manson may just be the shock-rocker's stage name, but his wardrobe is a real-life tale of blood and guts."

Eva LongWHORIA: "Eva Longoria is short on compassion. In her trashy furs, she looks like the street walker of Wisteria Lane. Eva is one "desperate housewife" who needs a quickie divorce—from her stylist."

Lindsay Lohan: "I Know Who Killed Me isn't just the title of Lindsay Lohan's last bomb—it's also the cry of the animals snuffed out so that this "mean girl" can pose in their pelts. Lindsay, there's no road to recovery for the foxes who are anally electrocuted so that you can look skanky."

Kate Moss: "Nothing completes the transition from supermodel to super-tramp like a fur coat. If Kate could see clearly through those bleary eyes, maybe she'd clear her closet of those furs."

Kylie Minogue: "What does Kylie Minogue have in common with her python purse? They are both cold-blooded. Come on, Kylie—it's not cool to clutch onto an accessory made by nailing snakes to trees and skinning them alive."

Again, where the hell is Sharon! As the wise Khia would say, Something in the milk ain't clean!

Stone Blasted by PETA Members for Wearing Rat Foot

Actress Sharon Stone has been slammed by animal rights campaigners for wearing a broach made from a rat's foot to Sir Elton John's post-Oscars party on Sunday night.

The star picked up the lucky charm after hearing it was an item Scotsmen wore on their wedding day.

But her choice of accessory has left activists at the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals fuming.

In a scathing attack on Stone for her fashion attire, PETA campaigners said: "Maybe Sharon, passed over by the Academy yet again, was jealous of 'Ratatouille''s Oscar win and thought a rodent paw might go with her haggard look."

"Her accessories these days are as dead as her career."

Stone has previously come under attack by PETA members for her love of fur.

Meat-Free Milano Dons Lettuce Dress For PETA

Sexy actress-turned-sportswear designer Alyssa Milano has gone green for a new pro-vegetarian People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals ad - she's wearing nothing but lettuce, asparagus and cabbage leaves.

The former Charmed star looks fetching in her floor-length organic gown, which features an asparagus corset.

The ad is part of PETA's 'Let Vegetarianism Grow On You' campaign.

Milano, who is a veggie, is urging fans to boycott meat and checkout PETA's free vegetarian recipes.