Endora

Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson Says She Prefers Younger Men

TUESDAY AUGUST 08, 2006 08:15AM EST

People.com

Janet Jackson doesn't have a problem with dating younger men: In fact, she prefers it, the singer says in a new interview.

"I came to realize that younger men had less of a problem with who I am than older men," Jackson, 40, whose boyfriend is 33-year-old music producer Jermaine Dupri, tells Vibe magazine.

"With the younger guys, there was less ego. Things were less competitive. They weren't threatened by who made more and who made less."

Dupri, she says, gives her self-esteem "a little boost." "When I look at Jermaine, I see myself," Jackson tells the magazine in its September issue, on newsstands Aug. 15. "I feel as if I'm looking in the mirror. The connection I feel with him I have never felt with anybody else."

The couple, who have been together for five years, recently made headlines by hinting that they're planning to get married – possibly on Sept. 26, the date Jackson's new album, 20 Years Old, hits stores.

On the rumored wedding, Jackson told a British radio DJ, "Everyone's been asking me about it. And if it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

One thing she tells Vibe will happen: motherhood. Asked if she wants to have kids, Jackson says, "I do and I will. I didn't before, but with Jermaine I do."

Whether she becomes Mrs. Dupri or not, Jackson doesn't plan to change her risqué image. The singer, who recently dropped more than 60 lbs., appears on the Vibe cover wearing nothing but bikini bottoms and a large shell necklace.

Will she ever stop posing for sexy pictures? "Of course," Jackson says. "When I'm 80. That's when I'll call it quits."

As for her famous Super Bowl performance, during which her nipple was exposed during the game's live halftime show with Justin Timberlake, Jackson has put the incident behind her.

"It's just over and done with. It's old. It's the past. It's history. I'm onto something new," she says. "Everybody got their licks in – those who wanted to – and it's done."

EXACT DEMANDSAugust 8, 2006 -- JANET Jackson impressed radio execs in London when she demanded chilled spring water from Fiji - and then had her staff check it with a thermometer to make sure it was cold enough. "It was simply unbelievable," a source at the Johnny Vaughn show on Capital Radio told the London Sun. "It was hilarious watching her staff make such a fuss." Jackson's rep did not return our call.

Singer Janet Jackson has revealed that her famous brother Michael used to tease her about her weight when she was younger.The 40-year-old star told Q magazine that she was left feeling self-conscious about her body image for years after Michael taunted his younger sister by calling her names such as "Fat Butt" as they were growing up.Janet, who has shed around 60 pounds ahead of the release of her forthcoming album 20 Y.O. on September 26th, is so pleased with her new figure that she recently stripped off to pose for the front cover of next month's Vibe magazine.But the singer said she felt very different about her body image when growing up in the Jackson household."I was always made to feel I was a fat kid by Michael," she told Q magazine."He’d call me brutal names. It really affected me, even as an adult," she added.But Janet said that she had since forgiven Michael for his taunts, which she claimed were probably the result of "issues" he had with his own body.source: inthenews.co.uk

Singer Janet Jackson has revealed that her famous brother Michael used to tease her about her weight when she was younger.The 40-year-old star told Q magazine that she was left feeling self-conscious about her body image for years after Michael taunted his younger sister by calling her names such as "Fat Butt" as they were growing up.Janet, who has shed around 60 pounds ahead of the release of her forthcoming album 20 Y.O. on September 26th, is so pleased with her new figure that she recently stripped off to pose for the front cover of next month's Vibe magazine.But the singer said she felt very different about her body image when growing up in the Jackson household."I was always made to feel I was a fat kid by Michael," she told Q magazine."He’d call me brutal names. It really affected me, even as an adult," she added.But Janet said that she had since forgiven Michael for his taunts, which she claimed were probably the result of "issues" he had with his own body.source: inthenews.co.uk

Two things: I THOUGHT there was somthing wrong with her brother.... Second, I wish she'd put it away. Her flaunting that body that tons of money bought her is totally offensive to me. I cannot stand her anymore. OK one more thing: SHUT UP about the fab sex with the midget already, would you? It totally makes me ill to think about it.

Janet Jackson and boyfriend Jermaine Dupri were surrounded by a cloud of fragrant smoke at Meatpacking uberlounge TenJune, where they celebrated June Ambrose's book "Effortless Style." Partying along were Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Diddy, Busta Rhymes, Zac Posen, Penelope Cruz and Gabrielle Union.

Justin Timberlake is on Janet Jackson's "Nasty Boys" list. When Chicago radio station Power 92 asked Janet when the last time she spoke to JT was, the salacious singer responded in her signature whisper: "I haven't spoken to him since all that drama." That drama would be when he ripped Janet's shirt open onstage during a Superbowl half-time performance that introduced the phrase "wardrobe malfunction" into our lives. "He has tried to reach out but I'm just not ready right now to talk," she revealed.

Justin Wishes He Did More Then, But Still Not Doing Much Now

Justin talked about the rippin' incident in an MTV interview that aired earlier this month and came thisclose to apologizing, but instead taught sociology. "If you consider it 50/50, I probably got 10 percent of the blame," he said. "And that says something about society. I think that America's harsher on women and I think that America's unfairly harsh on ethnic people. At the time it was happening, it was so crazy to me that I didn't handle it the best way I could have."

ohnotheydidnt

Janet: 'I Could Not Believe How Big I Was'

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2006 09:00AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Janet Jackson's dramatic weight gain – a reported 60 lbs., which she has since lost – gave even her pause, she admits.

"I could not believe how big I was, how heavy I really was," the singer, 40, tells TV's Extra in an interview airing Tuesday night. "I would see myself in the mirror, but I wouldn't look too often. I didn't want to get used to that image."

Jackson lost the weight through healthy eating and tough workouts – and she's offended by speculation that she had plastic surgery.

"It does drive me crazy," she says, "because I've worked real hard … and I think it's really easy for (the tabloids) to write it off as (surgery)."

She jokes, "It isn't hurtful – it just pisses me off. … I want to kick some ass."

But Jackson admits she had some cosmetic work done when she was a teen. "It's no secret," she tells Extra. "When I was 16 I changed my nose. Would I do it again? I don't know. … I've seen a lot of women that have been pulled and snatched, and it's not too cute."

She also talks about whether she'll marry her boyfriend, producer Jermaine Dupri, 33. "I don't know," she says. "If that's God's will, then it will happen."

She'd have children with Dupri, she says: "I would love to … with him. Never thought I would. God willing, it will happen."

FASHION FORWARD

Janet Jackson peeks out from the front row at the Bill Blass runway show in New York City on Tuesday. The singer, whose new album 20 Y.O. hits stores Sept. 26, also got upfront recently about another matter: her reported 60 lb. weight gain. "I could not believe how big I was," she told Extra.

Posted Image

Janet Jackson’s breasts are back

Singer Janet Jackson appears bare-breasted in her new video.

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Janet Jackson’s breasts are back.

The singer, who caused a furor when she flashed a boob at the Super Bowl in 2004, appears bare-breasted in her new video for the single “So Excited.” Although nipples are never clearly visible, Jackson’s clothes disappear in a number of shots, and she quickly reaches up to cover her bare breasts.

“You’d think she’d have learned from that whole [super Bowl] debacle,” sighs a fan. “The girl just can’t help herself.”

Meanwhile, Jackson is saying that she’s never seen herself as sexy, and blames older brother Michael for her issues with her body.

“My brother Michael used to tease me,” Janet Jackson tells the new issue of Giant. “We’re very close, but he was very adamant about the way I looked, the way I should look. He thought my butt was too big. Maybe he wasn’t completely happy with himself, so he put it on me? I’m just guessing here, but looking back now, I know that in adolescence your body changes, and he would always tease people left and right about something. When his own body started to change … he became a lot more introverted.”

“My brother Michael used to tease me,” Janet Jackson tells the new issue of Giant. “We’re very close, but he was very adamant about the way I looked, the way I should look. He thought my butt was too big. Maybe he wasn’t completely happy with himself, so he put it on me?”

um it's because he likes little boys, janet duh

Janet:

I think you look so phony now, I almost liked you better fat. We know this body is manufactured by surgeons. Stop parading around showing us your fake boobs and ugly hats. Makes us think you are as goofy as the rest of your family. Oh, and one more thing, shut up about the sex stuff...NOBODY wants to know about your sex life with Jermaine D. NOBODY.

DON'T think of Janet Jackson as the curvy, sexpot diva who gets what she wants when she wants it.

That's a very real side to her, of course - just look at her latest pictures. But at this point in her career she's like a ballplayer whose had a few lackluster seasons and needs a grand slam to prove she's still got it.

Her last album, "Dimita Jo," was disappointing, and she been on the disabled list since. Toss in the fact she's twice the age of her album title and her target audience - as well as having a wacky brother who has dragged the Jackson brand through the muck.

Suffice it to say the success of "20 Y.O." is vital to her continued status as a pop megastar and getting her contract renewed for the usual $60-$80 million by Virgin.

"20 Y.O." isn't the home run. It's a double where she steals third when Nelly steps to bat on the song "Call Me." Mr. Hot in Herre lends the song the contemporary edge that the rest of the album lacks.

This isn't a stinker, but by continuing to operate in the Jimmie Jam/Terry Lewis production vacuum as she has for most of her recording career, this disc offers little change. Where other pop stars are winding their clocks on Swizz Beatz and heating their songs with the scorch of Scott Storch, "20 Y.O." sounds that old.

"20 Y.O." comes on strong. It opens with the bad girl tune "So Excited," where Miss J. (assisted by hip-hop newcomer Khia) croons "look sexy, talk dirty and I'll open my spot for you." Spot? Hey, everybody has a name for it.

"So Excited" is among the disc's strongest, sexiest songs. Its syncopated rhythms coupled with Jackson's sultry staccato vocals make it a winning, single-worthy composition.

With that fire, Jackson builds a head of steam that continues through the next four songs. "Show Me" has a great sing/stutter/spell bridge; "Get It Out Me" is a terrific girl in lust song only topped by the subtly titled "Do It 2 Me."

"This Body" - the last in the opening volley of goodness - will be a favorite for those who've followed Jackson since she started. It's about that pivotal Rolling Stone cover where Jackson posed in low-cut jeans, bare-chested using a man's hands to contain her breasts. This song is almost as hot as that photo.

But much of what follows, except for "Call Me," is peppy R&B - good stuff, but nothing so special your socks get blown off.

Among the most annoying, unnecessary production devices on the record are the intro/outro with three interludes sandwiched in between songs. There are 16 tracks on the album, but there should be 11, with those five cuts of silly jibber-jabber removed.

Now lop off the five tracks that don't quite work, and you have a six-song album. Pretty stingy, Janet. In that regard, "20 Y.O." has at least one modern touch - it's designed to be downloaded, best tracks only, to ignore the filler.

NYPOST

Janet Jackson hasn't spoken to Justin Timberlake since the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" at the 2004 Super Bowl – but she plans to reconcile with him in her own time, she revealed on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday.

"We haven't spoken. But I consider him a friend, and I'm very loyal, and friendship is very important to me," Jackson, 40, told Winfrey. "He has reached out to speak with me. Like I said, friendship is very important to me – and certain things you just don't do to friends. And in my own time, I'll give him a call."

Asked if she felt Timberlake failed to stick up for her after the incident, in which he ripped her bustier, exposing her breast to millions of viewers, Jackson replied, "To a certain degree, yeah."

Jackson, who releases her album 20 Y.O. on Tuesday, feels that she unfairly bore the brunt of the criticism after the Super Bowl performance – a sentiment Timberlake seems to agree with. "If there was something I could have done in her defense that was more than I realized then, I would have," he told MTV recently. "I probably got 10 percent of the blame."

Still Jackson says she was shocked at the intensity of the scrutiny over the incident, which she deemed an accident. "So much more important things were going on in the world. And the focus was on my breast? That didn't make any sense to me."

There's also another prominent man in Jackson life who she hasn't been in contact with: her brother, Michael. The siblings haven't spoken since Michael was acquitted of child-molestation charges in June 2005 – a trial that Jackson says "took its toll on (the) entire family."

But Michael isn't completely out of touch. "He keeps in touch with Mother," Jackson says, "so we know what's going on with him."

In her own life, Jackson says she couldn't be happier after losing 60 lbs. and finding love with her producer boyfriend of five years, Jermaine Dupri.

Before she lost the weight, which Jackson says she gained for a film role, "The only time I felt okay is when I was sleeping, because I was lying down," she says. "So when I would get up, my ankles would swell all the time and my knees would hurt." Eventually, she says, she slimmed down with daily workouts and a strict diet.

As for Dupri, Jackson says their relationship is "unconditional love."

"It's so funny," she said, "because people I don't even know will come up to me and say, 'We would always see you smile but could tell that weren't happy deep down inside. And now when we see you, your eyes just beam with love and happiness.'"

Jackson and Dupri, 34, who also appeared on the broadcast, said they would like to have kids, and soon. "I'd love to, God willing, someday," Jackson said. "I guess that's gotta be soon. I'm 40." (The couple made headlines over the summer by hinting at plans to get married.)

Pressed by Winfrey who asked if they planned to have just one child or, perhaps, many, Dupri joked, "We're going to do the Jacksons over!"

Source: People

Snark Attack

So that's what they were doing at Studio 54 back in the late 1970s! Janet Jackson tells King magazine: "I went there a couple of times. I remember seeing Liza [Minnelli], Truman Capote ... I'd been to parties with my family and we'd dance, but I'd never really gotten in to a club before. People were getting really raunchy on the steps. I think the most vivid thing that comes to mind is not understanding why people were putting flour up their nose." Talk about flour power!

Oh brother! We're supposed to believe the "breast" item was an accident and that it just happened? No, I don't think so....we all know it was a staged stunt and it backfired, although she and Justin got a ton of attention and publicity from it, albeit mostly negative attention (which I am sure was not counted on), and no one believed it was a "wardrobe malfunction" either, who are they kidding? By the way, I do not believe for one second she lost all that weight in 4 months, a friend of mine said she ate 800 calories and worked out (per the Oprah show), if that was true, she would have no muscle mass at all. They need to grow up, all of them, and that I'll respect.

Oh brother! We're supposed to believe the "breast" item was an accident and that it just happened? No, I don't think so....we all know it was a staged stunt and it backfired

Agreed. On Oprah, she was still sticking to that stupid story about how Justin was supposed to only rip off the top part leaving the red piece. But we all saw the pictures that showed the red part was just a decorative PIECE along the top, not a liner. Puh-leeze. She needs to go away and come back when she can act like a 40 year old woman--not a 40-yr old trying to be 20.

Edited by Ruby

I like Janet Jackson and think she's the most talented of the bunch (well besides Michael in the 70s and 80s). Personally, I think the fact that people still talk about SuperBowl incident just reeks of a "Get Over It Already" stink.

Why would she come on Oprah to talk about it? To make amends with some of the idiots who worship Oprah and still feel the reason to overreact to an exposed breast. It was a boob, people. Get over it, seriously, why get all worked up for something that's a part of the human anatomy to begin with?

RING AROUND THE RUMOR

Janet Jackson gives partygoers something to talk about Tuesday – that dazzling canary diamond ring on her left hand – at the album release party for 20 Y.O. in New York City. So is she engaged to beau Jermaine Dupri, who was with her last night at the club Room Service? Her rep says no, but when asked about the ring, Jackson responded: "That’s what they’re saying!"

Posted Image

Madonna, Janet Records Topple Britney

By Paul Hoskins

Reuters

LONDON (Sept. 29) - Madonna 's pay-packet, Janet Jackson 's malfunctioning wardrobe, Hillary Clinton's memoirs and Sigourney Weaver's height all have one thing in common -- they're world record breakers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veteran pop singer Madonna supplants younger rival Britney Spears in the latest edition of Guinness World Records, winning the title of highest annual earnings by a female singer after she took home an estimated $50 million in 2004.

Despite the relentless media coverage of her personal life, Spears is also unseated by another 40-something as the world's most searched-for person and most searched-for news item on the Internet.

She loses those top spots to pop diva Janet Jackson who also gets credit for the largest ever fine imposed on a broadcaster after one of her breasts was exposed live on air.

The most wanted man on Internet search engine Google in 2005 was Hollywood heart-throb Brad Pitt, according to the star-studded 2007 version of the Guinness World Records book which goes on sale on Friday.

In the world of publishing, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton holds the title for fastest-selling non-fiction book after her memoirs sold 200,000 copies on day one.

Not to be outdone, her husband, former U.S. President Bill Clinton, also clinches a place for the largest advance for a work of non-fiction.

Oscar winning movie star Nicole Kidman is another top earner, holding the record for the most money paid per minute to an actor after she earned a reported $3.71 million for a four-minute commercial for Chanel No.5 perfume.

Elsewhere, chat show host Oprah Winfrey is the highest paid person on television, Cher 's 2005 "Farewell Tour" was the highest grossing music tour by a female artist and Irish rock band U2 were the biggest earning act in the world last year.

As for the downsides of stardom, modern celebrities have yet to match Errol Flynn's real-life courtroom performances which saw him jailed a record four times.

And if you've ever wondered who are the biggest people strutting Hollywood's sidewalks, Clint Eastwood, Vince Vaughn and British horror actor Christopher Lee are its tallest leading men at 6 foot 4 inches.

At 6 foot, Hollywood's tallest leading women are Alien star Sigourney Weaver, Brigitte Neilsen and Oscar-winner Geena Davis, who also starred in the world's biggest ever box-office flop, Cutthroat Island.

JANET-JUSTIN IN REUNION TALKS

Page Six

October 2, 2006 -- THERE just might be a Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake reunion sooner than anyone expected.

Insiders in Jackson's camp said she is in talks with Timberlake's people to appear together in "some sort of big, live show like the Grammys or the Oscars" as the ultimate publicity stunt.

The two have not really spoken to each other since the infamous, breast-baring Super Bowl incident in 2004 - in which, during a performance of Timberlake's song "Rock Your Body," a so-called "wardrobe malfunction" exposed Jackson's pierced right nipple on national TV, subjecting the halftime show to worldwide ridicule and costing CBS $550,000 in fines.

A reunion "will help re-boost the sales of their albums," our source added. Jackson just came out with "20 Y.O." and Timberlake with "FutureSex/LoveSounds." Spokespeople for both singers denied any knowledge of a reunion.

Meanwhile, Jackson, who's reportedly engaged to super music producer Jermaine Dupri, has been keeping odd company of late.

Last Tuesday night, Jackson had her album release party at the new club Room Service on East 21st Street. She showed up with an entourage that included Anna Nicole Smith's supposed baby daddy, photographer Larry Birkhead.

The entrance to the club was so packed that Jackson and crew had to enter through the adjacent strip club Tens.

According to our spy, "Janet was very impressed with the moves of one stripper called Venus and wrote down her phone number, gave it to her bodyguard, who in turn gave it to Venus . . . Larry was there to take pictures, but wasn't allowed to in the strip club because of house rules."

Jackson's rep said, "We were in Tens for all of 30 seconds. There was no number exchanged, but could you mention Janet's party was sponsored by LG phones?"

Consider it done!

OK boys and girls its official... Janets album is a worldwide FLOP!! She failed to sell in major worldwide markets the UK, Germany, Australia and Ireland - 2 of which are the biggest markets in the world.(2/3 of the worlds music sales are from outside of the US!) Here are the chart positons for those countires in the first week as of October 1st 2006....

UK - # 63 (3K SOLD ) Ironically this is just one place higher than Justin Timberlakes reentry at #64 with his 2002 album Justified!!!!

AUSTRALIA - failed to chart in top 50 albums (no chart position given as sales less than 1000 copies)

IRELAND - failed to chart in top 100 no position given(sales of less than 750 copies)

Her furious promo blitz of the US and the Oprah effect have yet to prove their effectiveness...Will the US sales save her?? Currently she is set to be at number 2 behind ludacris with sales in the low 300k.... not the million her fans had predicted! POOR JANET!!

Source: Oxygen Chunks

Notes from all over

Janet Jackson says she’s working on a duet with Mariah Carey. The breast-baring singer also tells Blade magazine that fans are upset that MTV is apparently still boycotting her by refusing to show her new video because of that Super Bowl incident — while it plays videos by bodice-ripper Justin Timberlake. “The fans get upset and talk about boycotting [MTV],” Jackson told the mag. “It is what it is, but I’m not losing sleep over it.” . . . . . .

Jeannette Walls Delivers the Scoop Mondays through Thursdays on MSNBC.com

Edited by Cutielb99

Janet, Justin: Jeesh!

Yesterday's reports of Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake staging a "wardrobe malfunction" reunion missed an important point: the two now share the same manager, Johnny Wright, he of Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and *NSYNC fame.

Whoever leaked this idea obviously didn't see Janet on Oprah. She didn't have the nicest things to say about Justin's treatment of her when the heat was on ...