Endora

Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson Laughs Off Madonna Rivalry, Gives Drag Janets Advice

Posted Image

Janet Jackson is doing the whole promotional deal with her new album, making the regular circuit of talk shows, magazine covers and in-depth interviews. When chatting with Between The Line News, she was very complimentary when asked about her thoughts on Madonna, saying, "I think she's done wonderful things."

Her explanation of the fan wars between her staunch fans and those of Madonna was as follows, "They're just incredibly loyal and they love you so much that if anyone says anything remotely negative, they're there to just immediately jump on them." However, she dropped any feelings of diplomacy when asked what advice to give a "Janet" drag queen facing one dressed as "Madonna."

"Kick the bitch's ass!" was Janet's response. I like that--good advice to use for pretty much any situation.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

ANOTHER WOMAN

Still promoting her new album Discipline Thursday, Janet Jackson – with beau Jermaine Dupri adorned in a Kate Moss T-shirt – pops into the Larry King Live studio in Manhattan.

Posted Image

Janet Jackson controls the charts

'Discipline' is the artist's sixth No. 1

By PHIL GALLO

Janet Jackson's first album for Island Def Jam album, "Discipline," sold 181,000 copies in the week ended Sunday, giving her the sixth No. 1 of her career, according to Nielsen SoundScan data.

Jackson has supported the Feb. 26 release with a morning performance at the Nokia Theater in New York’s Times Square and broad cast on ABC’s "Good Morning America." On the afternoon of the release, she performed on MTV’s TRL and did an in-store CD signing event at best Buy.

On Thursday, Jackson did a signing at the Hollywood Virgin Megastore and began a string of TV appearances: "Larry King Live" and "Ellen"last week; "Tyra Banks Show" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Tuesday. A tour announcement is expected shortly.

Jackson's last No. 1 was " All For You" in May 2001. Her last two albums, both released by Virgin, only reached No. 2 despite posting higher sales weeks: "Damita Jo" sold 381,000 in 2004 just after the Suer Bowl incident; "20 Y.O." sold 296,000 in 2006.

Two other debuts landed in the top 5. Erykah Badu's "New Amerykah Part 1, 4th World War" (Universal Motown), her first full-length since 2000, sold 124,000 copies in its opening sesh. Part 2 of "New Amerykah" is penciled in for a summer release.

Louisiana rapper Webbie's "Savage Life 2" (Asylum/Trill Entertainment) sold 72,000 copies to open at No. 4, an improvement on the No. 8 peak reached by its predecessor "Savage Life."

Debuting at No. 13, D4L member

Asylum labelmate Shawty Lo, a member of the group responsible for "Laffy Taffy," D4L, sold 31,000 copies of his solo debut, "Units in the City."

Dolly Parton nabbed her highest debut ever as her return to mainstream country "Backwoods Barbie" (Dolly Records) opened at No. 17, selling 27,000 units. In the SoundScan era (since 1991), Parton has only had one top 40 pop album, "Eagle When She Flies."

Other top 50 debuts include the Broadway cast album of "Disney's The Little Mermaid" selling 20,000 (No. 26): the Afters' "Never Going Back to OK" (INO/Columbia) moving 16,000 (No. 41) and Goldfrapp's "Seventh Tree" (Mute) planting 15,000 (No. 48).

Oscar night supplied some bonuses. The soundtrack to "Once," which features Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova's best song winner "Falling Slowly," saw a 140% sales spike. Disc sold 47,000 copies to rise 24 slots to No. 7.

Miley Cyrus' "Hannah Montana 2 (Soundtrack)/Meet Miley Cyrus" nearly doubled in sales after the tyro thesp-singer appeared as an Oscar presenter and then on Barbara Walters' Oscar night special. Disc rose eight slots to No. 6 on sales of 54,000.

Janet, Janet, Janet

Posted Image

I think screwing Troll Dupri is messing with Janet Jackson's brains. Troll dick is hazardous to your style. She needs to not only fire her stylist, but she needs to cut his ass. Who told her that Mariah Carey circa 1990 hair looked hot?

She probably borrowed that lycra mess from LaToya Jackson. I will say that I'm digging her chola lips. She needed to take it to the next level by using a Sharpee for lip liner. Next time, Janet.

Oh and Janet's album is #1 this week. Time to celebrate. Hopefully, she won't celebrate by riding troll dick, because her brains have been through enough.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

Jermaine Dupri Denies Rumors Eye Surgery Left Him Blind

Janet Jackson's music producer boyfriend Jermaine Dupri has denied recent laser eye surgery left him "virtually blind."

Dupri was forced to cancel a lecture in New York last week after reportedly suffering complications following an operation to correct his vision.

Rumors later surfaced on the Internet that Dupri was left "virtually blind" - although a spokesperson for the star insists he is not suffering major problems with his eyesight.

Patti Webster, Dupri's publicist, dismissed the claims as "not true."

Janet Jackson Might Be Sticking Her Eggs In The Freezer

Posted Image

Janet Jackson is reportedly considering sticking her eggs in the freezer because she's 41 and worried that she's getting too old to breed. I say have a baby now. What else is left to do? I so wanted to lurve her new disc because I think Janet is lovable and I know America has been over her since she flashed her tit at the Superbowl. And that wasn't entirely her fault.

Her last two albums tanked and she really needs a hit. And I was into the first single, "Feedback". But then I previewed the rest on iTunes and nothing struck me as worth my time. So she should just have the kids now. Focus on motherhood and stage a comeback in ten years.

She says "I'll have kids some day... My doctor thinks about that, believe you me." What does that mean? Like, is the doctor offering? Better him than the Lollipop Guild member she's currently dating.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Janet Is Number One

Posted Image

Ms. Jackson bitch-slapped Jack Johnson out of his number one spot on the charts, to make room for her album, "Discipline." This is the first time since 2001 that an album of hers has taken the top spot, which was "All for You."

Janet looks very self-contained despite this exciting news, while she's leaving the restaurant Katsuya. And I know everybody's all about the layering these days with the spandex and whatnot, but I feel like that kind of fabric doesn't hold up very under the flashing paparazzi light-bulbs. Just another reason for me to never want to be famous. That, and it looks like her lifestyle requires her to wear fake eye-lashes out to a casual dinner out. I can barely remember to put my wig on in the morning.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Mariah fills in for sick Janet on `SNL'

"Saturday Night Live" has replaced a flu-ridden Janet Jackson with another diva: Mariah Carey.

Carey, 37, will fill in for Jackson on the March 15 "SNL" telecast, NBC announced Wednesday.

Jackson, 41, was scheduled to perform live Saturday night in support of her latest album, "Discipline," which was released last month. The singer's publicist, Patti Webster, said Tuesday she dropped out because she has the flu and "needs some time to get better."

Carey's latest album, EMC2, arrives April 15.

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press

I read that about SNL and the cynic in me cried foul. I saw Janet on Larry King (for as long as I could stand it anyway). Something was wrong. It was like she was in a fog, or couldn't speak, or was completely dense. Made me wonder about her is all... :blink:

I read that about SNL and the cynic in me cried foul. I saw Janet on Larry King (for as long as I could stand it anyway). Something was wrong. It was like she was in a fog, or couldn't speak, or was completely dense. Made me wonder about her is all... :blink:

She's as dumb as a box of rocks (with all due respect to the perfectly lovely boxes of rocks among us). Also, she's on some kind of drug regimen, I don't know what the fuck it is but it includes opiates, that's for sure. Maybe she needs painkillers from all that "discipline" she's into. Of course, Mariah's no better but maybe she's holding her shit together more this week. :rolleyes:

Musical siblings Michael and Janet Jackson are moving to the English countryside to escape the constant media spotlight. According to older brother Tito, 54, the pair have been looking for a U.K hideaway and have found a home in Devon.

He says, "My family love the wonderful countryside and friendly people. "Michael likes North Devon, too, as no one bothers him." Tito's bodyguard Matt Fiddes adds, "I'm over the moon. It's definitely going to happen.

Source: Panachereport.com

R&B superstar Janet Jackson has no plans to cut down on her hectic work schedule any time soon - she loves making music too much to ever consider retiring.

The hitmaker admits she has contemplated settling down and taking time out from her busy career - but decided the quiet life wasn't for her. And Jackson has little reason to quit the industry just yet - she scored her sixth number one album in the U.S. with the release of her 10th LP "Discipline," in February (08). The 41-year-old tells U.S. magazine Ebony, "I'm not ready to retire. I enjoy what I do and I don't think it is time for me to kick back on an island and do nothing all day. "I don't want to do that just yet. I don't know if I'll ever be ready to do that. I love music."

Source: Panachereport.com

Yo-yo dieter Janet Jackson reveals her ultra-thin waist

By DONNA McCONNELL 31st March 2008

Yo-yo dieter Janet Jackson has clearly gained some newfound discipline, as the singer revealed her tiny, waspish waist at an awards ceremony in Los Angeles on the weekend.

The 41-year-old singer, has fought the battle of the bulge again to reveal a stunning figure, and looks years younger.

Janet stunned onlookers at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards when she arrived wearing a fifties-style cinched waist dress exhibiting her tiny waspish waist.

Posted Image

Just last year the singer had piled on the pounds, and looked very bulky when seen jogging on the beach.

But she dropped 60 pounds in just four months and is now planning to cash in on her new look - by publishing her own "emotional eater" diet book later this year.

Janet, whose new album is called Discipline has clearly exerted some serious will power to get back into shape.

And now she appears to have lost even more weight, or maybe she's just opted for a little help from a cannily concealed corset.

Janet, who is dating music producer Jermaine Dupri, 34, has a history of yo-yoing weight, and has previously spoken about her battle to keep it under control.

In an interview with US television show Extra she said: "I could not believe how big I was, how heavy I really was.

"I would see myself in the mirror, but I wouldn't look too often. I didn't want to get used to that image."

There was speculation that Janet's weight-loss was a result of plastic surgery, but she denied the rumours and said: "It does drive me crazy...because I've worked real hard."

Posted Image

Her "Emotional Eater" book had better include mucho praise for her team of plastic surgeons and pharmaceutical dieting aids. That is the ONLY way someone loses 60 pounds in four months and completely re-shapes their bloated, flabby, stretched out body.

Jackson To Be Honoured By GLAAD

JANET JACKSON is to be honoured by the Gay + Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) during the organisation's 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on 26 April (08).

Gay comedienne and TV personality Ellen DeGeneres will present the pop superstar with the night's Vanguard Award.

The Nasty singer says, "I have received a number of awards throughout my career, but I am so proud to be receiving this from GLAAD.

"I thank them for this honor from the bottom of my heart."

Source: contactmusic

Jermaine Dupri: Janet Jackson's '100-Percent Better' After Illness

People

By Mark Dagostino

Janet Jackson's boyfriend Jermaine Dupri – who announced Thursday that he's heading up brand-new record label, TAG Records – tells PEOPLE that Jackson has fully recovered from the illness that forced her to cancel an appearance on Saturday Night Live last month.

"She's 100-percent better now," says Dupri. "She was really sick. She had bronchitis." But the singer is back on track: "She's in Japan right now. She's better and doing all the promotion that she didn't get to do because she was sick when the album launched."

Dupri, 35, who is currently in the studio working on Usher's new album, also shared the good news of his appointment at TAG Records, a new joint venture between Island Def Jam and TAG Deodorant Body Spray.

Say, what? "It's a full-fledged record company," Dupri explains. "I'm the president. And we're mixing the best of both worlds together – the marketing of a product like TAG and the lifestyle that TAG represents, and then what the music and myself bring to the music industry."

No Deodorant Rapping

That will not mean rappers rapping about deodorants, he says. Instead, Dupri says the record label will offer a marketing budget to whatever new artists he signs that far exceeds any other budget in the industry.

"There's a lot going on in the world that makes it hard to do the old conventional record business," he says. "You can't get this type of marketing budget. There are endorsement deals, but not like this."

Dupri says he already has his first artist lined up, and could release a single in as little as two weeks. Meanwhile, he's continuing to work as a producer with Usher and Mariah Carey – and looking forward to reuniting with Jackson when she gets back from Japan. His new business, he says, "is the icing on the cake. I'm grinning from cheek-to-cheek."

Janet Jackson Reveals Her "Girl Crush"

Who has caught Janet Jackson's eye?

"I think I would pick Alicia Keys," she tells E! when asked who she'd have a same sex fling with. "I think she's wonderful."

Some blogs have speculated that Keys and Oprah Winfrey are gay. (See who else denied being gay here.)

Jackson says people question the two stars' sexuality because they're "strong women. Maybe they want to put something else behind it because of the strength. Like, you can't be a woman and be strong, and there has to be something else to it."

So what if her beau Jermaine Dupri came out of the closet?

"I'd be upset because I want to be with him!" she says, laughing. "It's so funny because I joke with him, 'It drives me crazy to be a girl sometimes, so in my next life I'm going to come back as a guy, and you're going to be my bitch!'"

Kidding aside, Jackson says she wants gay marriage legalized.

"I think it's about finding your soul mate," she says. "It's finding that person you connect with, but most people don't get it right.

"Look at me!" she adds. "The thing is I don't know if I ever will or won't get married again. I'm very happy where I am."

Says Jackson, "I just think I jinx marriages, but that's not going to stop me from loving."

Source: Us Weekly

Jackson Regrets Not Saying Goodbye To Aids Sufferer

JANET JACKSON still regrets missing out on saying goodbye to a dear friend who lost his life to AIDS.

The pop star and gay rights advocate admits she still hurts every time she remembers former make-up artist Jose - because she didn't get the opportunity to tell him what he meant to her before he died.

The singer says, "I lost a lot of friends to AIDS and one who I absolutely adored so much. His name was Jose, and we worked a lot together in Europe.

"He would put these eyelashes on me that he would make from real hair. His sister would cut her hair so he could make these eyelashes. They were the most beautiful things. He was so much fun to be with.

"I had heard he was sick and he was passing, and it was just so sad. I didn't have the opportunity to (talk to him before he died). That part really hurts, when you're trying to reach someone before (they die)."

Source: contactmusic

Janet Jackson Takes Aim At 'Careless' Gay Youths

By WENN

Janet Jackson has lashed out at "careless" gay youths who refuse to heed warnings about AIDS and practice safe sex. The gay icon fears many homosexual young men think the AIDS epidemic is over - and they're safe to be promiscuous without taking precautions.

In an interview with Eonline.com, Jackson says, "They're being a little too... careless."

And the singer also fears for those hooked on crystal methamphetamine - after learning the drug gives users an insatiable sexual high. She adds, "I hear it gives you this high that makes you want to have sex and not use anything. It's scary."

Despite her fears, Jackson continues to help those in need: "I just had a friend recently, who is in the fashion industry, and he called me and said, 'I need help'.

"I gave him every resource that I knew of and everything fell in place. He was so fortunate. God was really with him. He needed someone to travel with him all the time because he jumps around to Europe, over to the Middle East and everywhere.

"Thank God, I was able to get someone to travel with him and get him to meetings and still do his business. I said, 'You have to change your circle of friends...' and he's doing good... I'm really proud of him."

Yo-yo dieter Janet Jackson reveals her ultra-thin waist

By DONNA McCONNELL 31st March 2008

Yo-yo dieter Janet Jackson has clearly gained some newfound discipline, as the singer revealed her tiny, waspish waist at an awards ceremony in Los Angeles on the weekend.

The 41-year-old singer, has fought the battle of the bulge again to reveal a stunning figure, and looks years younger.

Janet stunned onlookers at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards when she arrived wearing a fifties-style cinched waist dress exhibiting her tiny waspish waist.

Posted Image

Just last year the singer had piled on the pounds, and looked very bulky when seen jogging on the beach.

But she dropped 60 pounds in just four months and is now planning to cash in on her new look - by publishing her own "emotional eater" diet book later this year.

Janet, whose new album is called Discipline has clearly exerted some serious will power to get back into shape.

And now she appears to have lost even more weight, or maybe she's just opted for a little help from a cannily concealed corset.

Janet, who is dating music producer Jermaine Dupri, 34, has a history of yo-yoing weight, and has previously spoken about her battle to keep it under control.

In an interview with US television show Extra she said: "I could not believe how big I was, how heavy I really was.

"I would see myself in the mirror, but I wouldn't look too often. I didn't want to get used to that image."

There was speculation that Janet's weight-loss was a result of plastic surgery, but she denied the rumours and said: "It does drive me crazy...because I've worked real hard."

Posted Image

No way no way no way! You take ONE set of pics on the beach in sweats, then you retire to the offices of your surgeons (and the suites you go to afterwards to recover in private). You take "diet aids" to make sure you don't eat. You have your face and neck lipo'd. You get hair extensions. And you corset your waist in an otherwise full dress. Smile baby.

I cannot see her hosting SNL. She has no personality. I don't think she can even put more than two sentences together without pausing. I saw a little of her on Larry King and wondered what she was on. You can't hide that kind of dysfunction when you're working with SNL for a week before the show!

I'm so tired of her. She's pretty in the "after" picture, but to make it sound like she worked hard? No way. If she were capable of that, she never would have ballooned in the first place. IMO.

Janet Jackson has a crush on Alicia Keys

BANG Showbiz

Janet Jackson has a crush on Alicia Keys.

The 'Together Again' star - who has been dating record producer Jermaine Dupri since 2002 - thinks Alicia is "wonderful" and admires both her beauty and talent.

When asked who she would have a lesbian fling with, Janet replied: "I think I would pick Alicia Keys. I think she's wonderful."

Janet believes people often question the sexual orientation of Alicia and US TV talk show host Oprah Winfrey because they are such "strong" characters.

She explained: "They are strong women. Maybe they want to put something else behind it because of the strength. Like, you can't be a woman and be strong, and there has to be something else to it."

Although Janet is happy to speculate about lesbian flings, she insists she would be devastated if Jermaine revealed he was gay.

She added to US TV network E!: "I'd be upset because I want to be with him! It's so funny because I joke with him, 'It drives me crazy to be a girl sometimes, so in my next life I'm going to come back as a guy, and you're going to be my b***h!' "

The 41-year-old star also revealed she wants gay marriage legalized and is worried she will "jinx" her relationship if she decides to tie the knot again.

Janet said: "I think it's about finding your soulmate. It's finding that person you connect with, but most people don't get it right. Look at me. The thing is I don't know if I ever will or won't get married again. I'm very happy where I am. I just think I jinx marriages, but that's not going to stop me from loving."

Janet was married to James DeBarge from 1984 to 1985 and to Rene Elizondo Jr. from 1986 to 1999.

Publicist says Janet Jackson is hospitalized

A representative for Janet Jackson says the singer has been hospitalized after falling ill shortly before a concert.

According to statement released by W&W Public Relations, the singer canceled her concert in Montreal on Monday after she "got suddenly ill" during her sound check and had to be rushed to the hospital just before show time.

The statement says Jackson is being monitored at the hospital and hopes to reschedule the show. No further information was given about Jackson's condition.

A phone call placed to W&W after hours went unanswered, and a representative did not immediately return an e-mail seeking more information.

Jackson, 42, is on a North American tour.

GREENSBORO, N.C. - Janet Jackson has postponed three more shows because of an undisclosed illness.

Her publicist said in an e-mail late Saturday that Jackson was postponing a Saturday show in Greensboro, N.C., one on Sunday in Atlanta and a third on Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale.

A statement from Jackson said she arrived in Greensboro, N.C., hoping to perform there Saturday, but a local doctor advised that she not perform after it became "evident" she was not fully recovered.

Representatives for the 42-year-old singer say she became "suddenly ill" and was hospitalized Monday night in Montreal shortly after she arrived for a show. She also canceled concerts in Boston and Philadelphia on Wednesday and Thursday.

Jackson's publicist did not elaborate Saturday, only saying she was "recuperating." The note said Jackson will return home, at her doctor's direction, for further treatment.

In the note Jackson asked people to keep their tickets for the postponed shows, and said the promoter is working to reschedule dates.

Jackson is on her first North American tour in seven years.

YAHOO