princess

Matthew McConaughey

McConaughey Looking for a Handout

Posted Jul 10th 2006 11:50AM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

Bike riding and wallets don't go hand in hand it turns out. Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong decided to go for a bike ride in Malibu but conveniently forgot to bring along any cash.

McConaughey decides to ask the photogs if they could give him $30 for some sandwiches. After getting a single dollar, one photog hands over a $100 bill. A few minutes later, one of the bike riding entourage emerges with drinks and sandwiches for the whole crew.

When inquiring about payback for the loan, McConaughey replies "We got it, we seem to be easy to find!" Then closes the window.

Posted Image

Lance Armstrong, Matthew McConaughey and Jake Gyllenhaal bike in Malibu on July 6th

Posted Image

Lance and Matthew hit club Hyde after their bike ride on July 6th

Posted Image

Lance and Matthew buy wine at a liquor store on July 7th after another day of biking

Posted Image

Lance and Matthew on July 7th at Matthew’s Malibu Beach home

Lance Armstrong, Matthew McConaughey, and Jake Gyllenhaal got in some quality time and some spandex last week. On July 5 and 6, the guys hit the trail in the Malibu, California, hills (enter completely overplayed Brokeback Mountain biking joke here). Then Lance and Matt stopped by the L.A. club Hyde Thursday night, went cycling again Friday along the Pacific Coast Highway, stopped by the liquor store on the way home, and later hung out at Matt’s Malibu beach house together.

Edited by Cutielb99

Posted Image

BUDDY SYSTEM

Buff BFFs Matthew McConaughey, Lance Armstrong and Jake Gyllenhaal buddy up backstage at the ESPY Awards on Wednesday. Armstrong, the show's host and big winner, made good sports of his pals: "The Sexiest Man Alive is here, Matthew McConaughey," he told the audience. "We don't all have to turn and look – we all know what he looks like. Jake, eyes up here!"

Posted Image

TRAINING DAY

Before the big night, Armstrong and McConaughey got their hearts racing with a run through the Hollywood Hills. The fellow Texans, who've known each other for about eight years, recently stepped up their friendship – cycling in Malibu (with Gyllenhaal) and hitting L.A.'s hot spots, according to PEOPLE.

From pinkisthenewblog.com:

Ah Ha! The sneaking around continues! Pink reader Kari sends in these incriminating pictures of Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong enjoying a Minor League baseball game in Round Rock, Texas last month. Just how long has this little tryst been going on?

Posted Image

I'll bet that Jake Gyllenhaal had no idea that this was going on behind his back ... it pains me to report this news because I'd hate for Jakey poo to get all upset, but it's like my duty and stuff. It is also my sworn duty to comfort him if he needs it ... I'm just that kind of guy. [thanks Kari]

It doesn't end there ...

Posted Image

Click HERE to check out video of McCArmstrong doing a little jogging ... shirtless jogging ... poor Jakey. [Source]

Edited by Cutielb99

McConaughey Plays Bartender to Armstrong Matthew McConaughey was given a very special job at the ESPY Awards in Hollywood on Wednesday night - host Lance Armstrong's personal bartender. The two Texans have become firm friends and retired cyclist Armstrong often stays with the Sahara star when he's in Los Angeles. The hunks have even started training together. And, to thank him for all his cycling tips, McConaughey agreed to make tequila cocktail margaritas for Armstrong backstage so the Tour De France champ could calm his nerves during the sports awards ceremony. Armstrong says, "He said, 'What do you need from me?' I said, 'I need you there at 5:30, making 'ritas.' He said, 'I'll be there.'" Armstrong, who claimed the night's Athlete Of The Year honor for the fourth time, was surprised by another famous pal when funnyman Will Ferrell took to the stage for an unannounced musical tribute to the cycling hero. Other big winners at the ESPY Awards included movie mogul Jerry Bruckheimer, who claimed the Best Film prize for his sports movie Glory Road.

WAVE RUNNER

Matthew McConaughey attempts to hang ten (and hang on) during a surfing lesson near his Malibu home on Friday. The only thing missing from his ocean activities? BFFs Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong.

Posted Image

SEXIEST YOGI

Matthew McConaughey crunches and stretches his way through a sandy, yoga-centric workout near his home in Malibu on Tuesday.

Posted Image

Roomie Romp!Such butch-butch, wink-wink crap goin' on in this town--know what I mean, my jaded jelly beans? I mean, take that shindig Matthew McConaughey just had with his bestest man-friend, Lance Armstrong, whose been crashin' at Matty's Malibu pad as of late. No bongos to be had but lotsa girlie skin everywhere.I mean, like, for days, all this gorgeous female flesh.Now, I like chicks as much as the next woman-worshipper (just not to the mattress point anymore, boyfriends). Somethin' about a gal's go-to curves 'n' caresses that just says, fawn over me, like no fella's firm tush can do. But let's get real.This fete was such a damn femme flambé I can't help but wonder if misters Armstrong and McConaughey weren't making it so, well, so just because some folks' eyebrows are raised over their little cohabitating turn. Just a thought.

I SO cannot figure out why Lance Armstrong is stupid enough to hang with Toothy and McBongo. Are all three coming out or something? NOT that I like Lance, because I think he is a total prick.

I SO cannot figure out why Lance Armstrong is stupid ( :o ) enough to hang with Toothy and McBongo (because they're fun and friendly ya think?). Are all three coming out or something? NOT that I like Lance, because I think he is a total prick.

Okay I'm sorry how this is going to sound but does the words 'hanging out as friends' mean anything?

Lol, you don't have to be gay/bi to hang with supposed other gay/bi's. :o Cripes. People can hang out with who they want without it affecting their orientation or their relationships with others. Why do people assume gays/straights must stick within their own 'groups' to be seen as less suspect?

I'm sorry but it's a big wide world out there and people of all orientations are going to mingle without them having to justify it as a 'coming out' parade. If there is something in this well that's up to them, but it probably is most likely a bunch of guys hanging out together, some of which may have more in common than others in the group. It still doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them hanging out.

Ted C. August 3, 2006

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/Daily2006/060803.html

It's What You Don't Say

Is Joshua Jackson spillin' the beans on former Creek costar Katie Holmes, or is his whole mum act as translucent as Matthew McConaughey's new femme frenzied ways? Read on...

AUG

Matthew McConaughey Lance Armstrong

Roomie Romp!

Such butch-butch, wink-wink crap goin' on in this town--know what I mean, my jaded jelly beans? I mean, take that shindig Matthew McConaughey just had with his bestest man-friend, Lance Armstrong, whose been crashin' at Matty's Malibu pad as of late. No bongos to be had but lotsa girlie skin everywhere.

I mean, like, for days, all this gorgeous female flesh.

Now, I like chicks as much as the next woman-worshipper (just not to the mattress point anymore, boyfriends). Somethin' about a gal's go-to curves 'n' caresses that just says, fawn over me, like no fella's firm tush can do. But let's get real.

This fete was such a damn femme flambé I can't help but wonder if misters Armstrong and McConaughey weren't making it so, well, so just because some folks' eyebrows are raised over their little cohabitating turn. Just a thought.

Whassup, boys, cleavage got your tongues?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Ted C. August 3, 2006

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/Daily2006/060803.html

It's What You Don't Say

Is Joshua Jackson spillin' the beans on former Creek costar Katie Holmes, or is his whole mum act as translucent as Matthew McConaughey's new femme frenzied ways? Read on...

AUG

Matthew McConaughey Lance Armstrong

Roomie Romp!

Such butch-butch, wink-wink crap goin' on in this town--know what I mean, my jaded jelly beans? I mean, take that shindig Matthew McConaughey just had with his bestest man-friend, Lance Armstrong, whose been crashin' at Matty's Malibu pad as of late. No bongos to be had but lotsa girlie skin everywhere.

I mean, like, for days, all this gorgeous female flesh.

Now, I like chicks as much as the next woman-worshipper (just not to the mattress point anymore, boyfriends). Somethin' about a gal's go-to curves 'n' caresses that just says, fawn over me, like no fella's firm tush can do. But let's get real.

This fete was such a damn femme flambé I can't help but wonder if misters Armstrong and McConaughey weren't making it so, well, so just because some folks' eyebrows are raised over their little cohabitating turn. Just a thought.

Whassup, boys, cleavage got your tongues?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Did Ted just out them?

I SO cannot figure out why Lance Armstrong is stupid ( :o ) enough to hang with Toothy and McBongo (because they're fun and friendly ya think?). Are all three coming out or something? NOT that I like Lance, because I think he is a total prick.

Okay I'm sorry how this is going to sound but does the words 'hanging out as friends' mean anything?

Lol, you don't have to be gay/bi to hang with supposed other gay/bi's. :o Cripes. People can hang out with who they want without it affecting their orientation or their relationships with others. Why do people assume gays/straights must stick within their own 'groups' to be seen as less suspect?

I'm sorry but it's a big wide world out there and people of all orientations are going to mingle without them having to justify it as a 'coming out' parade. If there is something in this well that's up to them, but it probably is most likely a bunch of guys hanging out together, some of which may have more in common than others in the group. It still doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them hanging out.

I totally agree -- Friend of mine is a a gay male and his very best friend since he was like 5 is a straight male. Everyone assumes the straight guy is gay just b/c they hang out all the time.

However, the thing that bothers me about this 3-some is that it sorta popped out of no where. Do guys really get that close that quick (wihtout something sexual going on)?

Edited by BIADDICT

Lance doesn't ping my 'dar in the least. But Jakie, on the other hand... I think they enjoy hanging out and that's all.

Posted Image

The previous evening, McConaughey and Lance Armstrong stop by the Shore Club's Skybar after dining at Nobu. Later the vacationing pals hit Miami hotspot BED for some drinking and dancing.

Holy crap, they sure do look drunk!

PICTURE PERFECT

Matthew McConaughey turns the tables on a young aspiring paparazzo Tuesday while chilling on Miami Beach.

Posted Image

McConaughey Sells Car for Storm VictimsOne lucky eBay bidder paid $61,600 to buy Matthew McConaughey's 1971 Corvette Stingray, the Associated Press reports. But the real winners of the auction are the victims of hurricanes Katrina and Rita, who will benefit from the proceeds of the sale. McConaughey, 36, agreed to donate the money to Oprah Winfrey's Angel Network for Katrina and Rita recovery efforts. The Texas native – and PEOPLE's reigning Sexiest Man Alive – called the Corvette "a luxury that I'm willing to relinquish (to) help so many with the necessities in life." He said the car, which he had dubbed Mako (like the mako shark), had carried him across his home state and down to Mexico many times. Hurricane Katrina tore through the Gulf Coast on Aug. 29, and Rita touched down in southeast Texas on Sept. 24. Bidding on the car ended on July 27 with 72 bids total. The winner of the auction wasn't named.

Posted Image

The previous evening, McConaughey and Lance Armstrong stop by the Shore Club's Skybar after dining at Nobu. Later the vacationing pals hit Miami hotspot BED for some drinking and dancing.

Holy crap, they sure do look drunk!

Yes - is it just me or is Matthew McC starting to look like a crazy homeless guy? (No disrespect to crazy homeless guys.)

PUMPED UP

Matthew McConaughey, who's vacationing in Miami this week with cycling buddy Lance Armstrong, gives himself a hand Wednesday after finishing a workout on the beach.

Posted Image

I don't think Lance is gay either. I think he's just missed the whole "hanging out with the guys" bit. He was stuck with SherOLD Crow for years, training like crazy so he couldn't eat fatty food, drink, stay out late etc. I think he's just having fun. Gay or not, McBongo seems like he'd be fun to party with.