princess

Scarlett Johansson

I can see two sides to this coin. Yes, Scarlett dresses older, but so did Lauren Bacall--who was a mere 19 years old when she starred opposite Bogie in To Have and Have Not and The Big Sleep. And as a curvy woman myself, I can attest that a lot of those "younger" styles don't translate well on curves--a more tailored look is more flattering.I do agree that she needs to tone down her makeup, though. She's lovely--she doesn't need all that enhancement.

I think the dress she's wearing in that L'Oreal ad is a good example of what I mean--it's structured on top to support the girls (I know all about that problem) and flowy on the bottom to hide any "normal" body shapes that might be construed as problematic in Hollywood. I have that hourglass figure too--I empathize. Well, she's still way hotter than I could ever be so I guess I don't really empathize, but still....Maybe it is the make-up and not the clothes--but the whole image is too old. It's just not working for me.....

Woody is FAR from the first person to comment that she dresses too old.

ITA, plus, too old for him is probably 23. He is probably wishing he could see her in a Catholic school uniform with bows in her hair :D

Is she airbrushed? Her midsection is the only part of her that really has any "naturalness" to it...and it seems to be blend in with the couch.Her legs are really tanned...like Joe Isuzu tanned...

Yes, she is. Practically every starlet is...I can testify to that firsthand. Scarlett is a thick, gorgeous young lady...but clearly for some reason they had to thin her midsection and upper body out.
That is sad! I wonder if those people realize the damage they are doing to young girls & young women?

TV Guide.comMY FAIR LADIES: Scarlett Johannsson and Keira Knightley — wearing nothing but come-hither looks — appear together on the cover of the March Vanity Fair. Dnskldiuer noppawss. (Sorry. That was my jaw.) Rachel McAdams, originally pegged to join in, ultimately balked at going au naturel, reports the New York Post.

Johansson Mortified by Golden Globes Grope, via imdb

Actress Scarlett Johansson was shocked and mortified when designer Isaac Mizrahi groped her breast while he was interviewing her before the Golden Globe Awards ceremony in January. The Lost In Translation star has decided to speak out for the first time about the uncomfortable encounter, which had the designer examining the construction of her dress, while also feeling up her breasts. She says, "It was definitely in poor taste. I'd been prepping for two hours with hair and make-up and getting dressed. And the first interview I do, someone who I have never met before fondles me for his own satisfaction. Mostly I was thinking, 'Oh, my God, this is happening on live TV.'" The actress was wearing a clingy, cleavage-baring red Valentino gown and doesn't believe the designer was interested in the dynamics of the dress. She says, "Like he doesn't know how a dress works." Johansson insists she has no hard feelings when it comes to Mizrahi, saying, "I think he's a guy that's starting his TV career and he's making a bit of an exciting moment for himself. I can't be angry at him." Johansson won't have to worry about running into Mizrahi at Sunday night's Oscar ceremony, because she isn't attending this year. But the star says she won't rule out talking to the designer at future red carpet events, adding, "I can take care of myself. I'm from New York."

Is that how they want to boost their sales?Use half a compact for each eye?

and that look is not flattering on her at all. not her style - why use someone like her who has such a classic look and then clash the peacock lids with the classic red lips? might as well use a no-name.

Sorry. I dont' think she's pretty at all. I can see how some people would, but I think her face is not attractive. I do love, however, the fact that she's got curves and doesn't seem to be trying to starve herself into a size 0. YAY! As Lainey would say, she's got a juicy bum.

Soho...Oooops...I mean Scarlett's hot!  'nuff Said!

LOL! BobbyD, don't be fooled by the avatar, that ain't me! :D I tollllld you I am a WAY LESS HOT version of her if I am a version of her at all, not to mention OLLLLLDER. Obviously if I really looked that much like her i'd be in Hollywood right now counting my money! Edited by soho2chelsea

LOL! BobbyD, don't be fooled by the avatar, that ain't me! :D I tollllld you I am a WAY LESS HOT version of her if I am a version of her at all, not to mention OLLLLLDER. Obviously if I really looked that much like her i'd be in Hollywood right now counting my money!
Well women are their own harshest critics...so despite what you say, I think you're hot...and your posts make you even hotter. ;) I just had a happy pill...so now I love everyone!

Scarlett is a thick, gorgeous young lady...but clearly for some reason they had to thin her midsection and upper body out.

I like celebrities who publicly say their pictures are airbrushed, thank their team of people who help them look the way they do, etc. Edited by WiLdFiRe

LOL! BobbyD, don't be fooled by the avatar, that ain't me! :D I tollllld you I am a WAY LESS HOT version of her if I am a version of her at all, not to mention OLLLLLDER. Obviously if I really looked that much like her i'd be in Hollywood right now counting my money!
Well women are their own harshest critics...so despite what you say, I think you're hot...and your posts make you even hotter. ;) I just had a happy pill...so now I love everyone!
well I love you too then, smooches!I agree, I don't get why they make Scarlett uber-thin - I thought people liked it that she is curvy? Oh well!

I have to say Soho, to me, any resemblance to Scarlett Jo. automatically qualifies you for HOTNESS OF THE MONTH!I definitely think Scarlett Johansson is one of the most attractive actresses working today...

It is so annoying when they change a woman's shape to make it "more marketable or appealing to consumers"

Hear, hear. Whatever consumers they're talking to are idiots. The average size in the US is 14. Granted, most of those women fantasize about weighing less, but I'm betting most would rather have a figure like ScarJo or Salma than Nicole K or Nicole R.

Scarlett tops list of world's sexiest women

NEW YORK - Scarlett Johansson tops a lovely list of the “100 Sexiest Women in the World,” in a poll of readers by FHM magazine.

“One of the best things for a woman to hear is that she is sexy,” the 21-year-old actress, star of “Match Point” and “Lost in Translation,” said in a statement. “I’d like to thank FHM’s readers for the huge compliment.”

Angelina Jolie is No. 2 on the list, followed by Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson, Keira Knightley, Halle Berry, Jenny McCarthy, Maria Sharapova, Carmen Electra and Teri Hatcher.

Johansson ranked ninth on last year’s list. Jolie was No. 1.

“It’s remarkable how Scarlett Johansson has caught the attention of our readers,” said Scott Gramling, the magazine’s U.S. editor in chief, in a statement. “Her sultry voice and striking beauty certainly have a lot to do with that, but so does the confidence she exudes.”

“She seems to be one of those women who would be equally at ease on the red carpet as she would just hanging out with the guys.”

The magazine’s May issue goes on sale April 4.

I agree...Love the curvy women...don't want a scrawny, bony, skeleton, female on that list...ooops...Teri Hatcher got on. :rolleyes:

I like Scarlett being #1 because she looks like a woman! I'm surprised AJ is on the FHM worlds sexiest women list because she's almost do to deliver. Terri Hatcher? :huh: I saw a clip of her on Leno & she was supposed to be doing this sexy exercise dance. :rolleyes: She is so not sexy or seductive.