princess

Scarlett Johansson

Schreiber Fires Back At Johansson For 'Loogie' Comment

LIEV SCHREIBER has fired back at his Broadway co-star SCARLETT JOHANSSON, accusing her of exaggerating an embarrassing incident when he accidentally spat in her face on stage.

The pair are currently appearing in Arthur Miller play A View From the Bridge, in which Johansson portrays a 17-year-old girl in 1950s New York with Schreiber as her uncle.

The actress recently appeared on U.S. TV programme Late Show with David Letterman and recalled a scene when Schreiber allegedly disgusted theatregoers when he mistakenly spat an "asteroid-size loogie" on her forehead.

But Schreiber insists the whole incident - which he calls "loogiegate" - has been blown out of proportion by the blonde beauty.

He says, "If I were to produce the loogie, how on earth could I actually produce an 'asteroid size' loogie? I think it's unfair because the reality of what happened is a spittle escaped from the side of my mouth while I was acting in a very dramatic play. What's disturbing to me is that this is now international news. This is an acclaimed Arthur Miller play and all she could think of saying was that I hawked a loogie."

Johansson and Schreiber's limited run is scheduled to end on 4 April (10).

Source contactmusic

LIEV SCHREIBER has fired back at his Broadway co-star SCARLETT JOHANSSON, accusing her of exaggerating an embarrassing incident when he accidentally spat in her face on stage.

The pair are currently appearing in Arthur Miller play A View From the Bridge, in which Johansson portrays a 17-year-old girl in 1950s New York with Schreiber as her uncle.

The actress recently appeared on U.S. TV programme Late Show with David Letterman and recalled a scene when Schreiber allegedly disgusted theatregoers when he mistakenly spat an "asteroid-size loogie" on her forehead.

But Schreiber insists the whole incident - which he calls "loogiegate" - has been blown out of proportion by the blonde beauty.

He says, "If I were to produce the loogie, how on earth could I actually produce an 'asteroid size' loogie? I think it's unfair because the reality of what happened is a spittle escaped from the side of my mouth while I was acting in a very dramatic play. What's disturbing to me is that this is now international news. This is an acclaimed Arthur Miller play and all she could think of saying was that I hawked a loogie."

Source contactmusic

Liev Schreiber sounds like a pompous jackass. Does he think everyone interpreted "asteriod sized" literally? And who uses the word "spittle"?

Source contactmusic

Liev Schreiber sounds like a pompous jackass. Given what she said and how it might be interpreted by fans, I don't blame him for wanting to say something in his own defense.

Does he think everyone interpreted "asteriod sized" literally? Well look at it this way: did she really need to grossly exaggerate the incident?

And who uses the word "spittle"? People born in other countries?

It seems like he was already embarrassed over this and she just exacerbated the situation by being a thoughtless twit and embarrassing him further. I've gotten the feeling before that Scarlet isn't the brightest bulb...

I bet most of the audience didn't notice until she felt compelled to talk about it on Letterman. And now everyone who goes to see the play will be watching to see if anyone spits, instead of watching the acting (the reviews have been decent, I think - I think Schreiber is a very talented actor) I don't think he sounds pompous at all. And yeah, I have used the word 'spittle' in conversation. There are many Americans who are comfortable with multi-syllabic words ;-)

Maybe on the final night of the play, he'll just accidentally spit on her just about every chance he gets. :4biggrin:

Maybe on the final night of the play, he'll just accidentally spit on her just about every chance he gets. :4biggrin:

I would, but I can't stand her. :D Her husband sure is pretty, though.

If he's a bit upset about her mentioning in public, it probably means they don't really get along in real life very much. If they did, it would've just turned into a shared joke. She's still beautiful and talented though, and fortunately I don't need to worry about working with her! Working in English to Spanish Translation, I have to be grateful people can't spit be e-mail, I guess...

Edited by Guillo

It looks like she has some kind of monitor, or music player strapped on her waist, under her shirt.

I don't think she looks pregnant.

Posted Image

Is she or isn't she?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...-limelight.html

I would say that was more than a bit of a bump!

What kind of running shoes does she have on? They look like beach shoes. Easiest way to mess up your knees is to wear non-running shoes while running on pavement.

They are for running http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

It looks like she has some kind of monitor, or music player strapped on her waist, under her shirt.I don't think she looks pregnant.

I agree.

I think that's a SPIbelt (small personal item belt). They are useful for holding car keys, ID and gels when running. She's wearing Vibram Five Fingers shoes, with leggings, which must be awfully hot, so it would not surprise me at all to learn that she has another bit of running-geek gear under her shirt. I'm chuckling at the combination of Five Fingers and leggings or yoga pants. :jumping1:

Posted Image

Is she or isn't she?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...-limelight.html

I would say that was more than a bit of a bump!

What kind of running shoes does she have on? They look like beach shoes. Easiest way to mess up your knees is to wear non-running shoes while running on pavement.

They are for running http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Thank you.

Think the nude photos are really her? I read online that they might be faked. That second photo of her with the full length mirror looks photoshopped. Huffingtonpost reported that there is a suspected hollywood hacking ring. I would tell anyone attempting to investigate this that that they should look no further then each celeb's publicist.

Think the nude photos are really her? I read online that they might be faked. That second photo of her with the full length mirror looks photoshopped. Huffingtonpost reported that there is a suspected hollywood hacking ring. I would tell anyone attempting to investigate this that that they should look no further then each celeb's publicist.

If the photos are fake, why did she bother contacting the FBI? Check out ChitChat's RLD.....

Scarlett Johansson Pregnant! Actress Expecting First Child with Fiancé Romain Dauriac :shocked:

by Alyssa Toomey

EOnline.com

Scarlett Johansson is going to be a mom!

The 29-year-old beauty is expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac, a source confirms to E! News.

The pregnancy news comes just six months after it was announced that the Oscar-nominated actress is planning to tie the knot with her French journalist beau. E! News confirmed the couple was engaged in September after ScarJo flashed her vintage Art Deco ring on that finger at the Venice Film Festival, with her rep adding that the lovebirds are "very happy."

The expectant couple went public with their relationship in November 2012, not long after Johansson ended a roughly year-long romance with Nate Naylor.

She and Ryan Reynolds divorced in July 2011 after almost three years of marriage. He tied the knot with Blake Lively last September.

And despite her whirlwind romance with Dauriac, Johansson is in no rush to walk down the aisle.

"I'm not doing any wedding planning," the Her star said with a smile during an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Jan. 15, adding that swapping vows with her hunky man is "far off" from her mind at the moment.

But while her nuptials may not be her main focus, Don Jon beauty admitted to wanting children just before the New Year.