Sign in to follow this  
Temptrous

Ricky Martin

Outed?

Posted Image

Ricky Martin is gayer than a pink cockatoo, but he's never admitted or denied the rumors. His skin-care beautician might have done it for him. Ole Henriksen was interviewed for some Swedish magazine and was asked which celebrity he'd like to spend a romantic vacay with other than his boyfriend.

Ole said, “I’d go for Stig Tøfting (former Danish soccer player) but since he’s straight, I’d say my client Ricky Martin.”

I think Ricky Martin already accidentally outed himself by having a regular skin-care beautician.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Was Ricky accidentally outed?

RICKY Martin's sexuality has been a very hot topic since he became famous but he has managed to keep people guessing.

The hip-swinging Latino heartthrob has never publicly confirmed or denied if he is straight or gay, despite years of speculation. He has never been publicly linked to any women.

But it seem he may have been accidentally outed by one of his beauticians, skin-care guru Ole Henriksen who was recently interviewed in a Swedish magazine, reports Ted Casablanca.

When asked who he’d spend a romantic vacay with other than his partner, Henriksen replied: “I’d go for Stig Tøfting (former Danish soccer player) but since he’s straight, I’d say my client Ricky Martin.”

AP

Street festival saluting Ricky Martin

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A decades-old street festival in San Juan's colonial district will dedicate its 2008 celebration to Ricky Martin.

Martin's international singing career and charitable work for children will be saluted at the San Sebastian Street Festival, which kicks off Jan. 17, organizers announced Thursday.

The popular festival, now in its 38th year, is a raucous four-day celebration that attracts thousands to the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan.

Martin, 36, said in a statement that he is thrilled to receive the honor.

The ex-Menudo member has long been one of Puerto Rico's top-selling artists. His hits include "Livin' la Vida Loca" and "She Bangs."

Martin created the nonprofit Ricky Martin Foundation to advocate for children's rights. He has also spoken out against human trafficking, especially the trafficking of children.

Ricky Martin visits Cambodian center

Ricky Martin met with victims of sexual exploitation Saturday during a visit to Cambodia to promote the fight against human trafficking.

Martin held infants and listened to a 14-year-old rape victim's song during his visit to a shelter in the northwestern city of Siem Reap, home of the famed Angkor temples.

"She sings like an angel," Martin said after the girl finished a song she composed about the plight of trafficking victims.

The girl was among 65 victims sheltered at the rescue center of Afesip, a French non-governmental group working to combat human trafficking in Cambodia.

The pop star also held the 3-month-old daughter of a 22-year-old woman who was sold by her father to a brothel and is now HIV-positive. The woman broke down in tears as she urged Martin to keep fighting against human trafficking.

"I'm not going to stop," Martin said, pounding his fist on his knee as he sat on a tiled floor. "All of you are my heroes. You are a gift of my life."

Martin, who arrived in the country Wednesday, met with Interior Minister Sar Kheng and visited various projects run by non-governmental organizations fighting child trafficking and sexual exploitation.

Martin learned of Cambodia's child trafficking problems in February during a three-day U.N. conference in Vienna. He joined Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson, Egyptian first lady Suzanne Mubarak and other dignitaries in calling for action.

In its annual human rights report released recently, the U.S. State Department called Cambodia "a source, destination and transit country for men, women, and children trafficked for sexual exploitation and labor."

Still, Martin praised Cambodia as an example of some "solid and concrete" efforts against human trafficking.

"The fact that you have 200 non-governmental groups working in the country working on human trafficking is unheard of," he said.

Martin said he plans to take what he learned in Cambodia and use it to "motivate people, organizations, governments in Latin America" in their efforts to combat the same problems. The Ricky Martin Foundation does most of its work in Latin America.

Martin was due to leave Cambodia on Sunday.

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press.

Ricky Martin Buys An Island

Latino pop superstar RICKY MARTIN has reportedly bought a Brazilian island.

The Livin' La Vida Loca singer paid an estimated $8 million (GBP4 million) for the private island just off the coast of Rio de Janeiro.

According to Mexican newspaper El Universal, Martin has had his heart set on buying the island for several months.

Source: contactmusic

Singer Ricky Martin Welcomes Twin Boys

Wednesday August 20, 2008

Ricky Martin's a dad!

The Latin superstar, 36, welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother a few weeks ago, his rep tells the Associated Press.

"The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky's full-time care," the statement read.

"Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children."

No further details were released.

Over the years, Martin has refused to confirm or deny rumors that he's gay.

"I think that sexuality is something that each individual should deal with in their own way," he told Barbara Walters in 2005. "And that's all I have to say about that."

Ricky Martin's a dad!

The Latin superstar, 36, welcomed twin boys via a surrogate mother a few weeks ago, his rep tells the Associated Press.

"The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky's full-time care," the statement read.

"Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children."

"I think that sexuality is something that each individual should deal with in their own way," he told Barbara Walters in 2005. "And that's all I have to say about that."

I want to say I'm happy for him, but like Clay and possibly Vin Diesel, there's getting to be something annoying about these men who are just able to procure babies out of the blue while dropping hints about fertilisation methods and appeasing the right-wing dings without actually daring to say the words 'hello world, I'm a gay parent'. Even when it's glaring and in print.

They should stop being scared and tell these fundies to fuck it, if they don't want to hear it, tough tit. You are what you are. The double entendre and creeping round the issue is becoming annoyingly trendy.

is this the new thing ?? Gay men having babies with surrogates because they all want to be daddies ?? First Clay Aiken now Ricky Martin !!!!!

Ricky Martin's a dad!

Congratulations to Ricky Martin!!! He's a nice guy and I'm sure he's going to be a great dad. Good for him!

is this the new thing ?? Gay men having babies with surrogates because they all want to be daddies ?? First Clay Aiken now Ricky Martin !!!!!

Now I might be wrong but I don't think Ricky Martin and Clay Aiken are the first likely gay men to become parents using surrogacy down thru the ages. And uh, three is not a titanic number (that number of teen wannabe starlets is going to fall pregnant every day in Hollywood). What IS noticeable is that they are dancing round the issue, as if not to offend. That's the sad part, it shouldn't matter, you should just be able to be who you are and say so.

And yes I think he'll make a great dad. He seems to have a lot of time for kids.

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

I'm really happy for him. I know quite a few women who, for whatever reason, are going the sperm-bank option. It's nice to see men having the some of the same kinds of reproductive choices. He seems like a good man and I don't doubt he'll be a devoted dad.

Even a generation ago, a gay man who wanted children would probably have had to marry some poor clueless woman and live a lie painful for everyone. Even today, it happens all-too-often. I whole-heartedly hope that more gay men see Ricky (and, yes, even clay... but only in this one way) as role models.

First Photo of Ricky Martin's Twins!

Posted Image

Meet Matteo and Valentino Martin!

Born via surrogate in early August, Ricky Martin's 4-month-old twin boys make their debut in this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

A joyful Martin, 36, spoke candidly with PEOPLE at home in Puerto Rico about his desire to be a parent, the decision to seek the help of a surrogate and juggling caring for twins – he has no nanny!

PEOPLE: Describe this time in your life

MARTIN: I'm so happy! Everything they do, from smiling to crying, feels like a blessing. Being a father feels amazing. This has been the most spiritual moment in my life.

How hands-on are you as a father?

I don't have a nanny. I'm doing this on my own because I don't want to miss a moment. I have a personal assistant who helps me, someone who takes care of me while I'm taking care of them, but I'm the one who changes the diapers, the one that feeds them, the one that bathes them, the one that puts them to sleep. For any parent, the first couple of months tend to get a little bit intense.

Why did you choose to become a parent via surrogate?

Adoption was one option, but it's complicated and can take a long time. Surrogacy was an intriguing and faster option. I thought, 'I'm going to jump into this with no fear.'

Tell us about Valetino's and Matteo's personalities.

Valentino loves to sleep. I call him 'Mr. Peace and Love' because he's so chill and serene. Matteo is more alert and active. He was up at 3 a.m. the other night and just hanging!

What is your philosophy on raising your sons?

I love to read books to my sons and tell them stories. I play music for them so they develop their own personalities. I want to give them information and raise them with honesty and love, and give them self-esteem and a lot of acceptance.

This just about melts my cold blackened heart.

Does Ricky have a partner? Is the mother of the twins going to be involved in their lives, like with Clay's?

I don't think he has ever mentioned a partner !!

He has 'an assistant that takes care of him' yada yada. Interpret as you wish. [And I'm wishing the pal on the beach for my own very selfish reasons.]

Edited by sueli

Is the mother of the twins going to be involved in their lives, like with Clay's?

Clay asked a friend to have his baby. Ricky used a surrogate. Different scenarios. I highly doubt the surrogate will be involved in their lives.

Barbara Walters regrets quizzing Ricky Martin about sexuality

Veteran broadcaster Barbara Walters regrets trying to force Ricky Martin to open up about his sexuality in a 2000 interview - because the question may have ended his career.

Walters sat down with the "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker at the height of his career and demanded to know if he is gay - and now admits it is the one interview she regrets in her lengthy career.

And she fears the "inappropriate" questioning may have had an affect on Martin's pop career.

She tells the Toronto Star, "In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was. A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now I feel it was an inappropriate question."

The Puerto Rican star, who is a single dad to twin sons, does not comment publicly on his sexuality.

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0heS0hxsJ

Ricky Martin Reveals He's Gay

By Catherine Donaldson-Evans

Monday March 29, 2010 05:15 PM EDT

people.com

After years of sidestepping questions about his sexual orientation, singer Ricky Martin reveals in a heartfelt posting online that he is gay.

"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Martin, 38, said Monday in a on RickyMartinMusic.com. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

He said his twin sons, who turn 2 in August, inspired him to be true to himself.

"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with," Martin writes. "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."

Read Ricky's Full Message

A few months ago I decided to write my memoirs, a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life. From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And thisis something worth celebrating.

For many years, there has been only one place where I am in touch with my emotions fearlessly and that's the stage. Being on stage fills my soul in many ways, almost completely. It's my vice. The music, the lights and the roar of the audience are elements that make me feel capable of anything. This rush of adrenaline is incredibly addictive. I don't ever want to stop feeling these emotions. But it is serenity that brings me to where I'm at right now. An amazing emotional place of comprehension, reflection and enlightenment. At this moment I'm feeling the same freedom I usually feel only on stage, without a doubt, I need to share.

Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature". Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.

If someone asked me today, "Ricky, what are you afraid of?" I would answer "the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war...child slavery, terrorism...the cynicism of some people in positions of power, the misinterpretation of faith." But fear of my truth? Not at all! On the contrary, It fills me with strength and courage. This is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day. To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment.

These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed.

What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution.

I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.

No way! :rolleyes:

Yes, Virgina there is a Santa Claus and pigs have been seen flying at low altitudes!

:smileapprove:

seriously...is anyone really surprized by this news???? It's kind of like when Clay came out and no one hardly blinked!! lol