Pink backflip on boycott pleases wool industry

1:13 PM January 17

The wool industry has welcomed an admission by US singer Pink that she failed to properly research the practice of sheep mulesing before she made a video condemning the practice.

The singer caused a furore when she called for consumers to boycott Australian wool as part of a campaign by the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

Pink has given a television interview saying she was misinformed about the practice.

The president of WoolProducers, Robert Peach, says he is glad Pink has backed away from her earlier comments.

"She's been totally caught out and we appreciate that she's retracted it," he said.

"But in the meantime, it has done the industry some damage.

"We as industry have really taken this whole issue of animal welfare very seriously over a long period of time.

"It's just sad that people like Pink actually don't do the research before they make the sort of statements they do."

Source: ABC

news.com.au

What was she wrong about?

Mulesing involves cutting a piece of skin from a sheep’s backside to protect it from deadly fly-strike. Pink is right - it is not pleasant, but it stops sheep being eaten alive by maggot infestations.

Australian farmers say there is no cost-effective alternative yet.

(ETA They are not my words but from another article explaining the answer to your question.)

Edited by leaivory

What was she wrong about?

Mulesing involves cutting a piece of skin from a sheep’s backside to protect it from deadly fly-strike. Pink is right - it is not pleasant, but it stops sheep being eaten alive by maggot infestations.

Australian farmers say there is no cost-effective alternative yet.

(ETA They are not my words but from another article explaining the answer to your question.)

Thanks for the info. So, they are saving animals. I HATE PETA!!

Are Pink's anti-Bush views being censored?

Singer Pink told Jimmy Kimmel that she hasn't been able to sing or discuss her anti-Bush song on other shows.

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Are Pink’s anti-Bush views being censored?

The outspoken rocker — who recently went after her singing sex-symbol peers in her song “Stupid Girls” — is now taking aim at the commander-in-chief, in her controversial song, “Dear Mr. President.” But she says that she’s not allowed to discuss her political views on the radio.

Pink appeared on “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” and thanked him for letting her sing and discuss the song, which she says the hasn’t been able to do on the radio or other TV shows.

“Dear Mr. President,” which attacks Bush’s domestic and war policies, is an open letter to the president, she explained.

“Are you hoping President Bush will make a song back to you?” Kimmel joked.

“Yes,” Pink quipped. “Through Eminem.”

(Foxnews.com)

Sienna Miller Locks Lips With Mom; Pink Still Likes Ladies

Sienna Miller seems to have a very, er, cozy connection with her mother, Josephine.

The British babe went in for a front-face lip-lock last week when she greeted her mom.

“It was slightly weird,” an onlooker divulged to the Aussie magazine Famous. “Usually you don’t kiss your mom quite so passionately!”

Perhaps Sienna is preparing for her lesbian lover role with Keira Knightley in “The Best Time of Our Lives."

And while punk princess Pink may be married, she still doesn’t rule out the possibility of “Getting the Party Started” with some girl-on-girl good-times.

“I know I’ve talked a lot about the lesbian lover thing in the past, but it all depends now," she told Australia's OK! magazine. "I’m definitely a committed woman.”

“But Carey [her husband] and I always check out chicks together. And then I’ll see a hot guy and go, ‘Oh that boy is so cute’ and he just looks at me like he’s gonna hit me.”

Pink is still wild in her ways.

“I’m a tri-sexual, I’ll try anything once,” she told the mag. “I’m totally open to new experiences. Though compared to how I used to be, I’m pretty mellow these days.”

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sexiness a Must for Today's Lady Singers

She was an "amazing talent," a young singer with a wonderful voice who wrote beautiful songs. But she was no beauty, plus flat-chested and overweight to boot.

Remembering the aspiring star, music executive Jody Gerson still feels terrible about thinking: "She's never going to get signed, even though she's fabulous."

Gerson might feel even worse after Wednesday night's exit of the matronly Melinda Doolittle from "American Idol." In today's music industry, Plain Janes need not apply. Sex appeal was once considered a bonus for a woman; now it's practically a requirement.

Doolittle and the heavyset, gap-toothed LaKisha Jones were widely considered this season's most talented "Idol" contestants. Yet both were eliminated from the final four in favor of Blake Lewis, who makes the teen girls swoon, and the long-locked, 17-year-old looker Jordin Sparks.

A quick check of the Billboard Top 40 turns up a list of candidates for "America's Top Model": Avril Lavigne, blonde stunner Carrie Underwood; tomboyish but sexy Ciara, fashionista Gwen Stefani and hip-swiveling Shakira (on a song featuring bootylicious Beyonce).

The only two in the Top 40 who might not be considered perfect 10s: Pink, who is still svelte and appealing; and multiplatinum Grammy-winner Kelly Clarkson, who got her break only through winning the democratically elected "American Idol."

When asked whether a female with so-so looks and sex appeal could get a record deal, Gretchen Wilson quickly replied: "They can't."

"I believe that very few will get through and they better be amazing," Wilson said in an interview. "The music is not about just music anymore, it's about the look, the 'it' factor if you will ... it's marketing."

True, looks have always been a part of the music business: Diana Ross played a model in the movie "Mahogany," Marianne Faithfull was considered a beauty, Tina Turner's legs were part of her sex appeal, Olivia Newton-John was the lovely girl-next-door and Stevie Nicks rocked teenage boys with more than just her guitar.

But there also were stars like wild-haired, pudgy Janis Joplin and Barbra Streisand, who challenged beauty standards with her protruding nose. Even curvy Aretha Franklin was known mainly for her one-of-a-kind voice.

Today, it's hard to find a singer larger than a size 6 and without a sexy look all of which are played up with sensuous videos, modeling spreads and provocative magazine covers. Lavigne, who once scoffed at singers who stripped for the cameras, fronts the new issue of Blender topless save for a strategically placed banner that reads "Hell Yeah, I'm Hot!"

The hit reality show "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll" is a striking example. In finding a replacement for current lead doll, stunner Nicole Scherzinger, the judging panel which included the cosmetically enhanced rapper Lil' Kim did talk about vocal qualities. But while a few contestants had strong voices, all were taut, toned and sexy, and the focus was more on their dancing and overall desirability. Which is to be expected from the group responsible for the anthem "Don't Cha" (as in, "don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?").

Even singers who are heralded for their talent are gorgeous, like Alicia Keys, Corinne Bailey Rae or Norah Jones. And while critically acclaimed Amy Winehouse may not win any beauty contests, her songs have a raw sexuality that give her that "it" factor.

Dolly Parton, whose buxom figure sometimes overshadowed her talent as a songwriter and singer, said being "a good looking woman certainly can't hurt you any if you're trying to make it."

"But I would like to believe that true and great and pure talent will rise above whatever else," the country legend said in an interview. "But certainly in music these days, the better you look, the more apt you're going to get a contract.

"It's a damn pity, though, that people have to judge real talent on looks."

Gerson says the way female artists look reflects our society, where women are constantly judged on their appearance and oversexualized. But she also says it reflects the way we listen to music these days or don't listen.

"They have to look hot and sexy in these videos," says Gerson, who is credited with helping discover Alicia Keys, among others, and is now executive vice president of the U.S. Creative division of EMI Music Publishing.

"In the days of Aretha Franklin, people saw Aretha maybe a couple of times a year," she said, "but you listened to a record without a visual. You didn't watch it. Everything today, you watch it."

Gerson also agrees with Wilson about the marketing factor. With dwindling profits and budgets, record labels try to maximize artist exposure with clothing deals, cosmetic contracts, movie roles and modeling gigs.

"How many endorsements does Beyonce have? Do you think it's because she's the most talented person on earth or do you think it's because she's gorgeous? I think she's talented but she's also gorgeous," Gerson says. "I think you need the whole package."

And that notion, according to Wilson, "totally sucks."

"My favorite singers in the world were Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn, and Patsy was a large woman, and Loretta she was never some kind of a supermodel, but they were the greatest female voices in country music, and they changed lives and they made a difference," says Wilson, who, although considered sexy, feels she doesn't fit today's beauty standards.

Where are the Patsy Clines of today? More often than not on smaller, underground labels, which put more of a premium on talent. And with the devolution of today's music industry, Gerson says, small labels may be the best path to success for a woman who doesn't look like a mold of a Barbie doll.

So how would Gerson advise the flat-chested, overweight, amazingly talented singer to chase her dream? Put out her own music and promote herself on the Web.

"As far as we've come as women," Gerson asked, "where are we really?"

A quick check of the Billboard Top 40 turns up a list of candidates for "America's Top Model": Avril Lavigne, blonde stunner Carrie Underwood; tomboyish but sexy Ciara, fashionista Gwen Stefani and hip-swiveling Shakira (on a song featuring bootylicious Beyonce).

The only two in the Top 40 who might not be considered perfect 10s: Pink, who is still svelte and appealing; and multiplatinum Grammy-winner Kelly Clarkson, who got her break only through winning the democratically elected "American Idol."

Pink and Kelly Clarkson are the 2 I like the most, by far.

Pink and Carey Splitting Up?

Posted Image

The singer wasn’t wearing her wedding ring on Sept. 19 in L.A.

Pink’s marriage may be fading to black.

Although the singer’s hubby of 21 months, motocross star Carey Hart, 32, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in August that “everything’s fine” between the two of them, Us has learned that the couple’s itching to ditch their union. “We’re just not getting along anymore. We each need our space. We need our distance. It’s not like it was when we first started,” Pink, 28, was heard telling a tableful of friends on September 14 at West Hollywood hot spot Eleven.

Additionally, a pal of her husband’s told Us, “Carey is tired of her always accusing him of cheating, and he’s fed up with the constant arguing. He says he cannot deal with her anymore. It’s his decision to put an end to this. They are 100 percent getting a divorce.”

(Pink’s rep calls the report “complete bulls--t.”)

Has anyone heard the new song she did about the President?

It is very deep!

Love that song.

I think its called Mr. President.

Although the singer’s hubby of 21 months, motocross star Carey Hart, 32, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in August that “everything’s fine” between the two of them, Us has learned that the couple’s itching to ditch their union. “We’re just not getting along anymore. We each need our space. We need our distance. It’s not like it was when we first started,” Pink, 28, was heard telling a tableful of friends on September 14 at West Hollywood hot spot Eleven.

Additionally, a pal of her husband’s told Us, “Carey is tired of her always accusing him of cheating, and he’s fed up with the constant arguing. He says he cannot deal with her anymore. It’s his decision to put an end to this. They are 100 percent getting a divorce.”

NO! :o :(

NO! :o :(

:( Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO!!! :(

from Dlisted:

Pink was overheard telling her friends that her marriage to Carey Hart may be over. UsWeekly reports that Pink told her girlfriends, "I'M SICK OF THE DICK. BRING ON THE CLIT!" No....she said, “We’re just not getting along anymore. We each need our space. We need our distance. It’s not like it was when we first started."

A friend of Carey's confirms this by saying the couple are getting divorced. This source said, "Carey is tired of her always accusing him of cheating, and he’s fed up with the constant arguing. He says he cannot deal with her anymore. It’s his decision to put an end to this. They are 100 percent getting a divorce.”

Pink's spokeswhore said it ain't true.

I never trusted Pink's relationship to Carey. She has clit-sucking lips and you can't tell me otherwise. That tongue was made to lift, separate and tickle.

I shouldn't be saying this though. Pink scares me. I just know she's a member of one of those scary, lesbian gangs Bill O'Reilly was talking about.

Hmm, I'm not a major fan but I've always liked Pink's attitude and style. Maybe she wanted to give marriage a go but found it wasn't for her.

I am always hesitant to believe someone is on the verge of splitting just because they weren't wearing their ring or their Special Chain or some other visual drivel concocted by US Weekly and Life & Shite, etc. But, it's also pretty much the kiss of death these days when your rep says 'everything's fine' - a lot of the time when that is actually said (instead of 'no comment') people do end up splitting. :o

So, I guess we'll see.

Pink Gives Hubby Lapdance

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/web...hubby_lapdance/

Pink gave husband Carey Hart a lap dance in a California bar, dispelling rumors their marriage is in trouble.

She sang 'Killing Me Softly' and Janice Joplin's hit 'Bobby McGee' at a Venice Beach karaoke bar while treating motocross star husband to her sexy moves on Sunday night.

A source told gossip website TMZ.com: "They looked very happy and very much in love. People are saying their marriage is on the rocks, but it certainly looked good from where I was sitting."

Pink was reportedly overheard telling friends at Hollywood restaurant Eleven recently that she wanted time apart from Carey after just 21 months of marriage.

A source said: "Pink was out with a table full of friends and telling them that her and Carey just wasn't working anymore.

"She told them, 'We're just not getting along anymore. We each need our space. We need our distance. It's not like it was when we first started.' "

When asked about their marriage last month, Carey, 32, said "everything's fine".

A representative for Pink, 28, said rumors the couple are splitting up were "complete bulls**t."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hart Breaks Pink’s Heart

http://www.mollygood.com/pink/hart-breaks-...heart-20071022/

Pop musician Pink and her husband, extreme-sport-something-or-other Carey Hart, are encountering difficult times in their marriage. Sources say the troubles are due in large part to the agreement the couple made that allows Hart to have sex with other women while Pink is away at work, and apparently things like that can sour.

Apparently…she took a “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy and agreed to let him have his fun when she’s away on tour. But she’s changed her mind now that her biological clock has started ticking. “Divorce is just around the corner,” says our mole. “Carey has this one blonde in particular that he takes everywhere, even public appearances. But Pink knew what she was getting into!”

Though we’ve almost no experience with the subject, we’re inclined to think that if one ever has to tell one’s wife, “You knew what you were getting into,” chances are she probably didn’t.

Pink in the pumpkin patch by herself

Rumor is that Pink is heading for divorce after regretting her decision to have an open marriage. Her marriage to motocross star Carey Hart is supposedly on the rocks because she is tired of her husband’s dalliances with other women. Don’t worry Pink there are plenty of pumpkins in the pumpkin patch!

Edited by QTPIE

It is very deep!

Love that song.

I love that song too. I didn't know it featured the Indigo girls!

PINK LYRICS

"Dear Mr. President"

(feat. Indigo Girls)

Dear Mr. President,

Come take a walk with me.

Let's pretend we're just two people and

You're not better than me.

I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly.

What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street?

Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep?

What do you feel when you look in the mirror?

Are you proud?

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry?

How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye?

How do you walk with your head held high?

Can you even look me in the eye

And tell me why?

Dear Mr. President,

Were you a lonely boy?

Are you a lonely boy?

Are you a lonely boy?

How can you say

No child is left behind?

We're not dumb and we're not blind.

They're all sitting in your cells

While you pave the road to hell.

What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away?

And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay?

I can only imagine what the first lady has to say

You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine.

Can you even look me in the eye?

Let me tell you 'bout hard work

Minimum wage with a baby on the way

Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away

Building a bed out of a cardboard box

Hard work

Hard work

You don't know nothing 'bout hard work

Hard work

Hard work

Oh

How do you sleep at night?

Dear Mr. President,

You'd never take a walk with me.

Would you?

Edited by Sweet tart

It is very deep!

Love that song.

I love that song too. I didn't know it featured the Indigo girls!

PINK LYRICS

"Dear Mr. President"

(feat. Indigo Girls)

Dear Mr. President,

Come take a walk with me.

Let's pretend we're just two people and

You're not better than me.

I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly.

What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street?

Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep?

What do you feel when you look in the mirror?

Are you proud?

Can you even look me in the eye

And tell me why?

Dear Mr. President,

Were you a lonely boy?

Are you a lonely boy?

Are you a lonely boy?

How can you say

No child is left behind?

We're not dumb and we're not blind.

They're all sitting in your cells

While you pave the road to hell.

What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away?

And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay?

I can only imagine what the first lady has to say

You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine.

Can you even look me in the eye?

Minimum wage with a baby on the way

Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away

Building a bed out of a cardboard box

Hard work

Hard work

You don't know nothing 'bout hard work

Hard work

Hard work

Oh

How do you sleep at night?

Dear Mr. President,

You'd never take a walk with me.

Would you?

i believe the indigo girls originally released this song in 1990.

Pink Makes Out with Mystery Woman

Pink who has been plagued by rumors her relationship with her motocross star husband Carey Hart is on the rocks - is allegedly so tired of her husband’s dalliances with other women she decided to hit back by “making out” with a mystery woman at Santa Monica’s Viceroy Hotel.

A source told Australia’s New Weekly magazine: “She was flirting the way you’d expect her to flirt with a man, cuddling and being overly affectionate.” - “They were making out.”

Pink’s representative has strongly denied the star is having a lesbian fling, and insists Pink was just enjoying a night out with her friends.

Carey was reportedly seen dirty dancing with a mystery brunette on a drunken night out without his wife. A source said: “He was having a great time. Pink wouldn’t have been happy!”

The reports have surfaced just weeks after it was claimed Pink was regretting agreeing to an open marriage. A source said: “Divorce is just around the corner. Carey has this one blonde in particular that he takes everywhere, even public appearances.” “But Pink knew what she was getting into!” Pink allegedly agreed that Carey could “play away from home” while she is on tour, but is now getting broody and wants to start a family.

She was recently overheard telling friends at Hollywood restaurant Eleven that she wanted time apart from Carey after just 21 months of marriage. A source said: “She told them, ‘We’re just not getting along anymore. We each need our space. We need our distance. It’s not like it was when we first started.’” When asked about their marriage in September, Carey, 32, said “everything’s fine.” A representative for Pink, 28, branded rumors the couple are splitting up as “complete bullshit.”

Edited by QTPIE

Gallop poll: Pink's all horsefeathers

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:00 AM

Pink is working with PETA.

Members of New York's Horse & Carriage Association are cracking their whips at Pink now that the rocker has accused them of animal cruelty in a billboard campaign with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

The singer told us last week that "these horses aren't taken care of at all. Their hooves are made for grass and they're forced to walk on concrete, and there're fumes from all the Mercedes, which the horses suck in all day long."

Carriage-owner rep Carolyn Daly bridled at Pink's charge that the asphalt hurts the horses' hooves. "They have specialized shoes for concrete," said Daly, adding that their equine partners get a four-month vacation at a Pennsylvania farm.

"We haven't had one animal cruelty violation from the three agencies that oversee us," said Daly, who derided the "ignorant comments of a B-list pop star. A true 'Stupid Girl' is one who talks publicly about something she knows nothing about."

Hansom cab driver Ian McKeever said he's never witnessed a driver abusing a horse — and would intervene if he did.

McKeever, whose horse Roger has appeared on "Sex and the City," argues, "My horse is more famous than [Pink] is!"

Pink Makes Out with Mystery Woman

Posted Image

Pink who has been plagued by rumors her relationship with her motocross star husband Carey Hart is on the rocks - is allegedly so tired of her husband’s dalliances with other women she decided to hit back by “making out” with a mystery woman at Santa Monica’s Viceroy Hotel.

A source told Australia’s New Weekly magazine: “She was flirting the way you’d expect her to flirt with a man, cuddling and being overly affectionate.” - “They were making out.”

Pink’s representative has strongly denied the star is having a lesbian fling, and insists Pink was just enjoying a night out with her friends.

Carey was reportedly seen dirty dancing with a mystery brunette on a drunken night out without his wife. A source said: “He was having a great time. Pink wouldn’t have been happy!”

The reports have surfaced just weeks after it was claimed Pink was regretting agreeing to an open marriage. A source said: “Divorce is just around the corner. Carey has this one blonde in particular that he takes everywhere, even public appearances.” “But Pink knew what she was getting into!” Pink allegedly agreed that Carey could “play away from home” while she is on tour, but is now getting broody and wants to start a family.

She was recently overheard telling friends at Hollywood restaurant Eleven that she wanted time apart from Carey after just 21 months of marriage. A source said: “She told them, ‘We’re just not getting along anymore. We each need our space. We need our distance. It’s not like it was when we first started.’” When asked about their marriage in September, Carey, 32, said “everything’s fine.” A representative for Pink, 28, branded rumors the couple are splitting up as “complete bullshit.”

She is bi anyway.