Sign in to follow this  
Temptrous

Snoop Dogg

SNOOP Dogg has turned into a big pussycat. The canine-loving, hip-hop hero told Animal Fair magazine's Wendy Diamond that he's smitten with his two Siamese cats, Frank Sinatra and Miles Davis. "Snoop said they remind him of the Siamese cats that used to live in the alley by his house when he was growing up," Diamond tells us. Snoop made his catty comments during yesterday's Millennium Hotel press conference promoting his new rap group, 213, with fellow Left Coast legends Nate Dogg and Warren G.

EOnline.comSNOOP GOT GAME: Snoop Dogg's remix of the Doors' classic "Riders on the Storm" will be available exclusively on the soundtrack for videogame "Need for Speed: Underground 2" from Electronic Arts, due out on Nov. 15.

Snoop Dogg Hit With Gun and Drug Charges

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) --

Snoop Dogg was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in Pasadena on felony gun and drug charges, Los Angeles County prosecutors said.

The 35-year-old rap star faces charges of gun possession by a felon and sale or transportation of marijuana.

He was arrested Oct. 26 by Burbank police at Bob Hope Airport on suspicion of transportation of a controlled substance. Burbank police later discovered a gun at his home.

If convicted, he faces up to four years in state prison.

"These were changes we fully expected," said Snoop Dogg's attorney, Donald Etra. "They will be dealt with in court tomorrow. The matter will be resolved tomorrow."

The rapper was convicted in 1990 of cocaine possession and charged with gun possession after a 1993 traffic stop. He pleaded guilty in exchange for three years' probation and a promise to make public-service announcements against violence.

The rapper's manager, Constance Schwartz, said a written statement would be issued Wednesday.

© 2007 The Associated Press.

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyonce Nominated for 6 BET Awards

Beyonce earned a leading six nominations Wednesday for the 2007 BET Awards, including nominations for top female R&B artist, video for "Irreplaceable" and duets with Jay-Z on "Deja Vu" and "Upgrade U."

"Dreamgirls" Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, R&B singer Ciara, hip-hop's Akon and the group Gnarls Barkley all had three nominations.

The Black Entertainment Television Awards in music, television, film and sports will be presented June 26. Mo'Nique is slated to host the show on cable's BET Network from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Performers include 50 Cent and T.I.

Diana Ross will be honored with BET's Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Cheadle will be given the Humanitarian Award for his efforts at ending genocide in Darfur.

The list of nominees include:

Male Hip Hop: Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, T.I.

Collaboration: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Deja Vu"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Upgrade U"; Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole, "Last Night"; Ludacris featuring Mary J. Blige, "Runaway Love."

Female R&B: Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Jennifer Hudson, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Male R&B: Akon, John Legend, Gerald Levert, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke.

Group: Gnarls Barkley, Mary Mary, Outkast, Pretty Ricky, Three Six Mafia.

New Artist: Lupe Fiasco, Gnarls Barkley, Jennifer Hudson, MIMS, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Gospel Artist: Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Dave Hollister, Mary Mary.

Video of the Year: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Beyonce & Shakira, "Beautiful Liar"; Ciara, "Like a Boy"; Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."

Actress: Tichina Arnold, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson.

Actor: Idris Elba, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Forest Whitaker.

Female Athlete: Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Gail Devers, Lisa Leslie, Serena Williams.

Male Athlete: Reggie Bush, LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Dwyane Wade, Tiger Woods.

BET J Cool Like That award: Gerald Levert, Brian McKnight, Eric Roberson, Musiq Soulchild, Elisabeth Withers.

BET Choice award: Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Birdman & Lil Wayne, "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"; Bow Wow featuring Chris Brown, "Shortie Like Mine"; Ciara, "Because of You"; Robin Thicke, "Lost Without You"; UNK "Walk It Out."

___

On the Net:

http://www.bet.com/

Snoop Writing Children's Book Series

Rapper SNOOP DOGG is set to release an illustrated children's book series.

The Signs hitmaker - real name Calvin Broadus - is reportedly in the process of creating the Where's The Cheese series of urban books.

Snoop is writing Where's The Cheese, which will be illustrated by his cousin Joe Cool, to help city youngsters cope with the problems that can arise in their environment.

The series will focus on a character called Lil Mouse and her constant quest for cheese, reports AllHipHop.com.

The website also claims an animated Where's The Cheese TV show is in development - which may be narrated by Snoop's daughter Cori 'Choc' Broadus.

Last month (Mar08), Snoop announced his youth is to be turned into an animated series for America's Comedy Central cable TV network.

Source: contactmusic

Snoop Dogg Has Three Words for LeAnn Rimes: 'Wow, Wow, Wow'

Taylor Swift may have been the big winner at Monday night's Country Music Television Awards – but it was Snoop Dogg who stole the show.

The rapper – wearing a black cowboy hat, black duster jacket and black zip-up ankle boots – was in high demand backstage.

Swift grabbed him for photos, saying "I'm a huge fan!" At another point, he and Jason Aldean were spotted comparing cowboy boots. "Snoop said he liked my boots with the square toe and then he said I was a pimp," boasted Aldean. "That's got to be the ultimate compliment, when Snoop calls you a pimp."

So what on earth was the hip-hop star doing at a country awards show? "I actually did a country song on my new album called My Medicine that was inspired by Johnny Cash," Snoop told PEOPLE at the event. "[Country music] inspires me and it makes me feel so good hearing it, so I really wanted to come and be a part of this heritage."

Snoop is a huge fan of the Man in Black – thanks, he says, to Cash's "heart, his soul, his music" – but it seems he still has a bit to learn when it comes to contemporary country crooners.

In the midst of his interview with PEOPLE, the Father Hood star stopped mid-sentence to gape at LeAnn Rimes, who was posing for pictures nearby. "Wow – damn! Who is that?" he asked.

Upon learning her identity, Snoop gushed, "She is beautiful! Wow, wow, wow."

He then turned to the 25-year-old singer and asked, "Can I meet you?" (She responded, "Nice to meet you, sir.")

Snoop couldn't leave before adding one last compliment: "You look like Marilyn Monroe!"

Source :People

Snoop Dogg Calls On Princes To Overturn U.K. Ban

Rapper Snoop Dogg has called upon British royals Princes William and Harry to voice their support for him in his visa battle with U.K. authorities. The star - real name Calvin Broadus Jr. - was prohibited from entering the country after he was involved in a brawl at Heathrow Airport in April 2006.

That ruling was overturned earlier this year when Snoop wrote to the U.K. government to ask for his visa ban to be lifted.

But earlier this month, Britain's Border Agency bosses confirmed they will be challenging the decision in court.

Broadus, who counts the young princes as fans, insists he hasn't done anything wrong and is determined to get back into the U.K. - even if it means consulting his royal acquaintances.

He says, "I'm not an aggressive individual at all and I've been wrongfully accused. I've not done anything to the people of Britain. I've never got into trouble, never violated him, never disrespected them, and I've always shown them love and turned up. What did I do? Who did I offend? You should talk to the Princes - William and Harry - I bet they want me over there!"

Snoop Dogg Writing Children's Books?

Hip-hop star Snoop Dogg has begun writing a series of children's books, say reports.

The 'Sensual Seduction' rapper is working on a selection of stories entitled Where's The Cheese, according to AllHipHop.

Where's The Cheese will focus on the adventures of Lil Mouse and is targeted at children growing up in urban environments. Dogg's cousin Joe Cool is illustrating the books.

It was revealed last month that the musician was working on a pilot for Comedy Central telling the story of his childhood growing up in the '80s.

Source :digitalspy.co.uk

Snoop Dogg's British Ban Lifted?

By WENN

Rapper Snoop Dogg has moved a step closer to re-gaining entry to the U.K. after a second senior immigration judge backed his visa battle with authorities. The star - real name Calvin Broadus Jr. - was prohibited from entering the country after he was involved in a brawl at Heathrow Airport in April 2006.

The ruling was overturned earlier this year by immigration judge Nehar Bird who found there was no evidence the star had been responsible for any public disorder. Britain's Border Agency challenged the decision, but was overruled on Wednesday when a senior immigration judge George Warr said he did not find that Judge Bird had overlooked evidence or made a material error of law.

Broadus' lawyer, Phillip Trott says he is pleased with the decision, but has deemed the court process a waste of time. He says, "It has been an appalling waste of public money to pursue this man. It is outrageous that the government is trying to exclude someone who is an innocent figure and has frequently spoken against gang culture and youths carrying guns."

The Home Office has until April 30th to decide whether to appeal. A spokeswoman said it would be inappropriate to comment before then.

Court: Let Snoop Dogg Back in Da House

Rapper Snoop Dogg is one step closer to getting his UK visa. Fo' shizzle.

A British court has rejected the government's decision to deny Dogg a visa after he -- and his entourage -- were involved in a fight at Heathrow airport in 2006. Although Snoop and his posse were arrested for the brawl, judges said the gangsta rapper cooperated with the police and didn't retaliate during the altercation. He's a lover, not a fighter.

The British government has a week to appeal the court's decision.

Source :TMZ

Snoop Quits Label After Ten Years

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapper SNOOP DOGG has quit his record label.The Drop It Like It's Hot hitmaker has confirmed he will no longer release albums through Interscope records, which has been his home for almost ten years of his career.

The star launched his first LP Doggystyle in 1993 through the label's subsidiary Death Row Records, and went on to release two more hit records under the Death Row banner.

He moved to Master P's No Limit Records for three albums from 1998 to 2000, dabbled briefly with EMI in 2002, before returning to Insterscope under the Geffen label imprint in 2004.

Snoop released his ninth studio LP Ego Trippin' through the label in 2008, but will no longer work with Interscope on any further projects.

No reason for the sudden move has been announced, and the rapper is refusing to comment on which label he will work with next.

He tells AllHipHop.com, "We are pushing the envelope on getting everything finalised. But I will not be releasing anymore projects under Interscope/Geffen."

Source: contactmusic

Snoop Dogg Announces MTV Deal

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoop Dogg has announced a global deal with MTV covering music, television and computer games.

The rapper will appear on variety talk show Dogg After Dark and release his forthcoming album Malice In Wonderland through the MTV entertainment group.

He will also make tracks available through the Rock Band console game.

Snoop said: "As the world of entertainment keeps changing, we felt it was the right time to let Snoop Dogg back on MTV so we could continue to run thangs with music, movies, DVDs and bring hip-hop to Rock Band.

"So screw ya wigz on tight and tune in on Tuesday nights for the first step to the next level of Snoop D-O-double-G."

Snoop recently announced that he had parted company with record label Interscope after ten years.

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Snoop Dogg Goes To Wall Street

Snoop Dogg opened trading at the New York Stock Exchange on Monday as part of a global drive to encourage young people to enter the business world.

The rapper rang the famous bell on Wall Street before taking part in the annual Mentoring Madness event, which will see him team up with business leaders to give a speech on the importance of entrepreneurship.

Snoop Dogg will take part in an international webcast to discuss ways to get more teens interested in the industry, according to Allhiphop.com. He will also announce the winner of the MTVU Movers and Changers competition, which will give one young person a $25,000 grant to start up their own business.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com