Temptrous

Gisele Bundchen

I don't have a problem with it. I don't have kids, or stepkids, but I have multiple step-parents, all of whom I still have a great relationship with (regardless of their current relationship with my biological parents).

I still think there could be language issues (hell, we all know that people with english as a first language fumble with their statements all the time too) But even if she meant it exactly as she said it--so what. The most important thing is the kid has loving people around him.....

I don't really know much about Gisele or the other two, but I think what she said was sweet and seems sincere (insofar as any celeb statement we read in print ever is). She's a woman known primarily (if not exclusively) for her looks being interviewed in Vanity Fair, married to a handsome athlete, and we expect her not to be a narcissistic media whore? Please. Much better for her to love and dote on the little guy than treat him as some foreign beast, an inconvenient relic from an earlier relationship. I agree that it probably would be better to have a policy of not talking about the baby or the prior relationship at all, but if she is going to talk about him, I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Anyone who has tried to navigate the minefield of loving a stepchild (and making sure that stepchild knows you love and are there for him) without treading on the "real" mother's toes should understand. And if the "real" mother is a similarly narcissistic media whore? Oy vey.

I see it that way as well. I think it is a case of "all in the eyes of the beholders". She obviously loves children, if she talked about her future plans for children but didn't mention John, it might have given the wrong impression that she didn't care about him. Perhaps it would have been better if she was less "enthusiastic", but she is at perhaps one of the happiest times of her life, I will give her a pass for this one.

I don't really know much about Gisele or the other two, but I think what she said was sweet and seems sincere (insofar as any celeb statement we read in print ever is). She's a woman known primarily (if not exclusively) for her looks being interviewed in Vanity Fair, married to a handsome athlete, and we expect her not to be a narcissistic media whore? Please. Much better for her to love and dote on the little guy than treat him as some foreign beast, an inconvenient relic from an earlier relationship. I agree that it probably would be better to have a policy of not talking about the baby or the prior relationship at all, but if she is going to talk about him, I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Anyone who has tried to navigate the minefield of loving a stepchild (and making sure that stepchild knows you love and are there for him) without treading on the "real" mother's toes should understand. And if the "real" mother is a similarly narcissistic media whore? Oy vey.

Bittermuch, you've said a mouthful on both counts. I agree with it all. :hellowave: I'll also add that the child's perception will initially be driven completely by what he/she is hearing in the custodial household. If it's constant dissing of the other parent, the child will believe that until old enough to figure it out on their own (hopefully).

If Bridget is really taking the high road, then she'd better advise her so-called close pals to stop talking to gossip columnists about her business. Hopefully she doesn't allow that crap talk around the child.

Agree with the both of you. I also don't think she meant anything malicious...but I also can see it being taken that way, since Brady and his old lady(I rhymed) didn't end so well. There are probably still ill feelings and maybe best to just keep quiet, since people are clearly nuts...lol :alien_dance:

All three of these people are crap, Bridget brutally dumped her fiance to trade up with Tom, Tom dumps preggo Bridge to trade up for Giselle, Gis was using Tom to try and get to Leo who had just taken up with the younger Victoria Secret model Bar... :hellowave: Karma

All three of these people are crap, Bridget brutally dumped her fiance to trade up with Tom, Tom dumps preggo Bridge to trade up for Giselle, Gis was using Tom to try and get to Leo who had just taken up with the younger Victoria Secret model Bar... :hellowave: Karma

<snort!> I think you are right, Taco.

Okay ~ back to reality. Bitch meant exactly what she said. In the candid, she looks like a drug addict. There was some heavy help on that cover photo.

ITA. I've never gotten the big deal about her looks when she's actually made up, but in that candid? Hideous.

My not liking her no doubt colors my opinion, but I found it incredibly stupid and cruel. Bridget has custody. Tom wasn't even in the kid's life when he was first born and he doesn't stay with them during football season, so Gisele can STFU with thinking he's "100%" hers.

Okay ~ back to reality. Bitch meant exactly what she said. In the candid, she looks like a drug addict. There was some heavy help on that cover photo.

ITA. I've never gotten the big deal about her looks when she's actually made up, but in that candid? Hideous.

My not liking her no doubt colors my opinion, but I found it incredibly stupid and cruel. Bridget has custody. Tom wasn't even in the kid's life when he was first born and he doesn't stay with them during football season, so Gisele can STFU with thinking he's "100%" hers.

LOL ~ Taco said it best ~ All three are crap!!

Taco didn't have it correct.

Firstly - Gisele still stays in contact with Leo and only has ever said positive things about him. She has no reason to be jealous of Bar Rafaeli - because comparing the 2 is absurd. Until this year when Bar finally got the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover, her modeling career had consisted of very little worth noting. She is NOT a Victoria's Secret model. She's never done their runway and has only been in the catalogue on a few random occasions. Gisele is THE most commercially successful model OF. ALL. TIME. She has modeled for every couture house on the planet and has been photographed by the most famous and influential photographers. She is an ICON. Bar? Just a swimsuit model. Period.

Secondly - while I agree that it would be most appropriate to just adopt a "no-talk" policy in regards to the child, since that isn't the case - I really see no problem with what she said. Yes, I understand how it could be taken the way that so many of you are choosing to take it, but Gisele loves that child. She IS the kid's stepmother. All she said was that when he's not with his mother, she loves him as if he were her own kid. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT??

People are so quick to hate.

All she said was that when he's not with his mother, she loves him as if he were her own kid. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT??

Nothing is wrong with it really. That kid is lucky he has three parents who love him so much. Plenty of kids grow up without even one or two people to love them unconditionally.

And people are being quick to hate because most girls live to tear down other girls. Gisele is a perfect target for them because men like her, she is professionally (and financially) successful, and she has a figure that other women would secretly kill for. They think that she or other girls like her with those qualities are the reason they ARE single, or the reason they might end up single (scared that a guy will/wants to leave them for a Gisele) in the future. It was okay for Bridget to cheat on and dump her fiance for Tom; they're willing to forget all about that. But to for her to have gotten a taste of her own medicine? Well that's just WRONG!!!!! He is scum!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Firstly - Gisele still stays in contact with Leo and only has ever said positive things about him. She has no reason to be jealous of Bar Rafaeli - because comparing the 2 is absurd. Until this year when Bar finally got the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover, her modeling career had consisted of very little worth noting. She is NOT a Victoria's Secret model. She's never done their runway and has only been in the catalogue on a few random occasions. Gisele is THE most commercially successful model OF. ALL. TIME. She has modeled for every couture house on the planet and has been photographed by the most famous and influential photographers. She is an ICON. Bar? Just a swimsuit model. Period.

Secondly - while I agree that it would be most appropriate to just adopt a "no-talk" policy in regards to the child, since that isn't the case - I really see no problem with what she said. Yes, I understand how it could be taken the way that so many of you are choosing to take it, but Gisele loves that child. She IS the kid's stepmother. All she said was that when he's not with his mother, she loves him as if he were her own kid. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT??

I respectfully disagree, Bar is younger and has Leo. I am also pretty sure that appearing in ads, making public appearances and being in the catalogs makes Bar a VS model. Giselle may be a bigger name but this is pure jealousy & insecurity.

Bridget Moynahan Upset Over Gisele's Comments About Her Son

While friends and family gather in Costa Rica to help Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen celebrate their wedding weekend, Bridget Moynahan – the mother of Brady's 1½-year-old son, John Edward Thomas Moynahan – is headed to Vancouver, to start a new movie.

But in the week leading up to the festivities in Central America, a soap opera involving all three adults was shaping up, kicking off with Bündchen's expansive remarks to Vanity Fair, in which she said she considered young John Edward her very own child.

"It's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child," said the supermodel, 28. "I love him the same way as if he were mine. I already feel like he's my son, from the first day."

That apparently didn't sit well with those in Moynahan's inner circle. A source close to the 37-year-old model-actress tells PEOPLE, "Bridget has her own life, she doesn't need to be involved in the drama of all this, and she finds it disrespectful that her son is being paraded around in front of the paparazzi when she’s specifically made it a point of keeping him away from that."

The source went on to say pointedly, "I can count on two hands, in two years, the number of times Bridget has been photographed with that baby. I can count on two hands the number of times in the past month that Gisele has been photographed with that baby."

In an even more personal attack, the source said, "If Tom is such a great father as everyone likes to say, then you would think that he'd respect the privacy of his young child and would ask his wife not to use his son as a publicity prop and a subject of public discussion."

Moynahan on Motherhood

For her part, Moynahan's most direct comments on the situation appeared in Harper's Bazaar. She told the magazine, "When you're suddenly pregnant and no one is standing by your side, even if you're in your 30s, it's a hard conversation. I'm a traditional girl, and I believe in marriage, and I just always thought that's the way I'd be doing this."

Moynahan, who was with New England Patriots quarterback Brady, 31, for three years before they broke up and she subsequently announced her pregnancy, added, "For a moment, it was hard for me to accept that this was the way I was going to have a family."

The source went on to say pointedly, "I can count on two hands, in two years, the number of times Bridget has been photographed with that baby. I can count on two hands the number of times in the past month that Gisele has been photographed with that baby."

All that means is that Gisele is more relevant than Bridget. Not really something that I'd want highlighted if I was her.

All that means is that Gisele is more relevant than Bridget. Not really something that I'd want highlighted if I was her.

True that :jumping1:

I used to follow Leo's career and I remember that Gisele was nothing until she started dating Leo. THEN she got the Victoria's Secret deal. Over time her popularity grew.

They broke up.

It was a while later when Leo started up with Bar. He didn't cheat on Gisele with her so I don't see how she'd be jealous. Gisele is hugely famous and Bar is just starting out. Yes, she's pretty and she's hot, but the only reason you're jealous of someone is if you want what that person has, and I don't see Gisele wanting Leo OR wanting Bar's career.

I think Gisele truly has feelings for the child and just didn't realize how insensitive the comment may have sounded to people who default to taking offense at anything coming from her. JMO.

I've just never seen the big deal about Gisele simply because so many other models are more beautiful then her. But like Kate Moss, she knew who to hook up with to be in the right place at the right time.

But hey, if it really makes some feel better to declare their fellow posters as jealous haters, go for it. :monkey:

Edited by kappy22

I respectfully disagree, Bar is younger and has Leo. I am also pretty sure that appearing in ads, making public appearances and being in the catalogs makes Bar a VS model. Giselle may be a bigger name but this is pure jealousy & insecurity.

3 things:

1 - Bar has never appeared in a VS ad, nor has she ever made a public appearance representing the brand. Thus, she is not a "VS Model". Plenty of girls do the catalogue work, but the only models actually hired to represent the brand are: Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Doutzen Kroes, Miranda Kerr, Marisa Miller, and Behati Prinsloo (though exclusively for the PINK! brand).

2 - That link you posted is merely hearsay and rumour. However, it also does correlate to the plenty of rumours that VS were going to hire Bar for their 2005 fashion show, but Gisele threatened to not walk if Bar was there. Obviously, we know who won that battle (Gisele). However, again, these were nothing but rumours. Bar has virtually zero runway experience, so it wouldn't make sense for VS to put her on their show anyway. And, to be honest, it would have been in bad taste on their part to hire Bar, with Gisele as their lead Angel at the time and the very public "love triangle" between her, Bar and Leo.

3 - I adore your James Franco avatar. He is delicious!

And to MC who said:

I used to follow Leo's career and I remember that Gisele was nothing until she started dating Leo.

Gisele didn't get any publicity for dating Leo until around 2002 or 2003. She had already established herself as an icon in the industry by that time. In 1999, she won the "Vogue Model of the Year" award and was on the cover of Rolling Stones magazine in 2000 as "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World". Prior to dating Leo, she had already landed literally dozens of VOGUE covers and every major campaign a model could have. She was famous for starting the "Brazilian explosion" trend and for bringing back the Sexy-Bombshell look, as opposed to the understated, odd beauty that had pervaded the fashion industry since Kate Moss' rise in popularity.

Obviously, dating a moviestar did wonders for her tabloid fame and general name recognition, I'd be an idiot and a liar to deny that. But, to say Gisele was "nothing" prior to dating Leo is entirely inaccurate.

And not because I'm a "superfan" or whatever -- as I know they tend to be tremendously annoying and vilified immediately on these forums -- here's an interesting link to a site where this guy compiled a Gisele Bundchen Stock Index, comparing it to the DOW. Gisele wins.

http://stockerblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/gi...dex-update.html

Disclaimer...We all have opinions and we tear down CELEBRITIES daily on this website, do we even still need to question that?

At least most of us agree in this case...whatever Gisele's intentions were, either good or bad...she'd been better served if she would've kept her damn mouth shut...no reason to comment on her hubby's baby mama drama. It was drama before she came along, and ANYTHING she says, regardless of her intentions could be taken the wrong way. She's a model, not like she is the epitome of wisdom in our society...lol. :4biggrin:

She's a model, not like she is the epitome of wisdom in our society...lol. :4biggrin:

where exactly does one gain wisdom? do you learn it from a text book? in a classroom with 100 other people? perhaps in an online gossip forum?

or does wisdom come from experience? from meeting varied and interesting people? from working with people of many different backgrounds who are at the PEAK of their profession? from traveling the world and learning different languages and discovering other cultures and ways of living?

stereotyping and prejudice are sad masks for ignorance and envy.

Edited by happycanadian

She's a model, not like she is the epitome of wisdom in our society...lol. :4biggrin:

where exactly does one gain wisdom? do you learn it from a text book? in a classroom with 100 other people? perhaps in an online gossip forum?

or does wisdom come from experience? from meeting varied and interesting people? from working with people of many different backgrounds who are at the PEAK of their profession? from traveling the world and learning different languages and discovering other cultures and ways of living?

stereotyping and prejudice are sad masks for ignorance and envy.

I actually do think they have gained much wisdom from strutting up and down the runaways of life, tirelessly posing on magazines/billboards wearing expensive clothing and perfumes, murdering the English language, dating celebrities, while doing mountains of blow and throwing up their meals in the bathroom stalls of life.

How I do envy them. But, in the meantime, I will maintain my lowly existence along with the other professors, teachers, doctors, accountants, lawyers, of our society...who clearly aren't as smart as models.

Models clearly have a realistic and lasting effect on children and their self images... :4biggrin:

From now on...I will post nothing but sunshine and rainbows about Gisele and the intelligence she carries. :4biggrin:

And to MC who said:

I used to follow Leo's career and I remember that Gisele was nothing until she started dating Leo.

Gisele didn't get any publicity for dating Leo until around 2002 or 2003. She had already established herself as an icon in the industry by that time. In 1999, she won the "Vogue Model of the Year" award and was on the cover of Rolling Stones magazine in 2000 as "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World". Prior to dating Leo, she had already landed literally dozens of VOGUE covers and every major campaign a model could have. She was famous for starting the "Brazilian explosion" trend and for bringing back the Sexy-Bombshell look, as opposed to the understated, odd beauty that had pervaded the fashion industry since Kate Moss' rise in popularity.

Obviously, dating a moviestar did wonders for her tabloid fame and general name recognition, I'd be an idiot and a liar to deny that. But, to say Gisele was "nothing" prior to dating Leo is entirely inaccurate.

http://stockerblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/gi...dex-update.html

Yes, perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "nothing." When Leo was filming Gangs of New York in Rome in 2001, Gisele was with him - they were already an item. She signed her first Victoria's Secret contract when she was 21 - in 2001. I think that made her a household "name" so to speak. I remember that his fans didn't think much of her as far as looks were concerned, and couldn't understand why she was always referred to as "curvy." I personally don't understand her appeal, but I thought she did a good job in her small role in Devil Wears Prada, and I don't think she takes herself too seriously.

Edited to add... regarding the wisdom part of this discussion.... There's a big difference between wisdom and education. Wise people are often not formally educated, and formally educated people are often not wise.

Edited by MC

I think it is great that she loves the little boy. That is, if she really means it. However, I do think she showed a complete lack of respect in the way her comments were worded. As a mother, if someone tried to "claim" my son by saying "just because someone else delivered him, etc" I would not be happy. The bond between a mother and child is something that is hard to explain or understand. I would like to think that when Gisele has her own baby one day she will rethink her comments and how they were worded. But, I agree that the most important thing is that the little boy is surrounded by love. I just cringed at the way it was said.

From now on...I will post nothing but sunshine and rainbows about Gisele and the intelligence she carries. :4biggrin:

YAY! Sunshine and Rainbows!

Pretty things!

*ROBOT*

MC, agreed RE: difference between "wisdom" and "education".

Gunfire at Brady wedding; no one hurt

Tom Brady [stats] and Gisele Bundchen’s glam Costa Rican wedding was marred by gunfire last night when security guards hired to keep paparazzi away fired at two photographers as they fled the scene with their film. No one was hurt.

According to two spokesmen for the INF photo agency, photographers were hiding in the brush near Gisele’s beachfront home taking pictures of the event when they were rousted by the newlyweds’ security guards.

The photographers, identified as Yuri Cortez and Rolando Aviles, were marched up to Bundchen’s villa where they were ordered to surrender their still photos and video. The men refused and fled with the security guards in pursuit.

Two of the photographers ran to a waiting SUV and jumped in as a guard fired a shot at them, the photo agency said. The bullet shattered the Suzuki’s rear window, passed between the two men in the front seat and bounced off the windshield.

“No one was hurt but one of their cars was messed up,” the INF spokesman said.

The photo agency posted pictures of a photographer standing by an SUV with a shattered back windshield. A second picture shows the photographer holding a bullet.

It is unclear whether Mr. and Mrs. Brady and their 25 guests knew about the incident. According to People magazine, the newlyweds looked relaxed and happy as they mingled under a tent on the balcony of Gisele’s beachfront estate during their dream wedding redux.

(Check out tomorrow’s Boston Herald print edition for exclusive photos of Tom & Gisele’s Costa Rican wedding!)

The beauteous Brazilian bombshell married her pigskin Prince Charming at dusk yesterday, saying “I Do” for the second time in two months before a small gathering of family and friends.

Gisele, in a long designer dress and a veil that trailed 10 feet, and holding a bouquet of white orchids, “looked so gorgeous,” a source told People. “She looked beautiful.”

Brady, 31, in a gray suit and vest with white pants, looked very happy as he greeted guests holding his 1 1/2-year-old son, Jack .

“They all seemed like they were having a great time,” one onlooker told the magazine.

Earlier in the day, Brady hosted a brunch at the nearby Milarepa hotel for the male guests including his dad, Tom Sr., Gisele’s father Valdir, New England Patriots [team stats] poohbah Bob Kraft and 12’s main man Will McDonough .

Meanwhile, Gisele and her attendants dressed at the nearby Hotel Flor Blanca while workers readied her home. At around 4:30 p.m. Bundchen and other guests raced back to her home just in time for the sunset nuptials, People reported.

As you are so well aware, the lovebirds exchanged vows for the first time last month in La-La with only a half-dozen or so of their nearest and dearest. Last night’s “I Deux” capped three days of pre-wedding festivities, which began Thursday night with a rollicking rehearsal dinner at the Milarepa beachfront hotel and restaurant near Gi’s place on Costa Rica’s Pacific coast.

The town is a popular spot for surfers and celebrities. Besides Gisele, Gwyneth Paltrow, Mel Gibson, Matthew McConaughey, Jared Leto and the Olsen twins also own property there.

On Friday night, Gisele and Tom entertained their guests at a wedding-eve dinner at her beachfront estate. It was a casual sundresses-and-khakis affair and the bride took the beach theme to the extreme, greeting her guests in white bikini top and a matching itty-bitty skirt.

Earlier that day, the newlyweds and Jack had some fun in the sun, surfing and sunbathing on the beach near Gi’s digs.

Yesterday’s late-afternoon wedding ceremony was a reflection of Gisele’s oft-stated desire for privacy and intimacy. By holding it in Malpais – an area very difficult to access – the couple had hoped the paparazzi, who photograph their every move in NYC, would be held in check. It also meant that the guest list would be veddy exclusive.

A couple of months ago, Gi told a Brazilian magazine her idea of a dream wedding.

“What I know is that it’s going to be something small, a simple ceremony,’’ she said. “I don’t like parties. I prefer something more intimate, just for the closest people.”

We have no idea whether Mr. & Mrs. Brady wrote their own vows for last night’s marital replay but we do know that, when it comes to her new hubby, the smitten supermodel is not at a loss for words.

“He’s got a pure heart,” Gisele told Vanity Fair . “That’s all that matters—he’s got the purest heart. I feel grateful because I have a lot of love in my life. I found the person I’m sharing my life with. I have a good man.”

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_...;position=rated

THERE WAS GUNFIRE!?While I agree that Paparazzi can act like vultures sometimes, these celebrities bring it on themselves. If they don't like the downside of fame, they shouldn't try to become famous. I can't believe there was gunfire over an effing picture!