princess

Rosie O'Donnell

I think it's great that Rosie will join the View. Can't wait for prissy little miss perfect Elizabeth to meet someone that is actually out and gay.BTW, anyone see Rosie's Family Cruise documentary on HBO? Really good and very moving. I've never been a big fan of Rosie (but didn't hate her either) but my respect for her has increased since seeing this.

I think it's great that Rosie will join the View.  Can't wait for prissy little miss perfect Elizabeth to meet someone that is actually out and gay.BTW, anyone see Rosie's Family Cruise documentary on HBO?  Really good and very moving.  I've never been a big fan of Rosie (but didn't hate her either) but my respect for her has increased since seeing this.

LOL! Agreed...I could see Elizabeth probably keeping her mouth shut! :DETA...Not saying I watch the view...but I love hearing the ignorant quotes from Hasselbitch and Star. ;) Edited by BobbyD

Somewere, when this got announced, there was a link to Rosie's website,

Rosie

where she answers questions from people. I started reading her replies, and then a few of her blogs and started to like her more and more every line. I've always liked her frankness, but I think she's great now. I am SO TIRED of people not allowing gays a fair shake in this country, and to have an openly gay woman on a "woman's show" is a GREAT leap forward. My state (Minnesota), citing BIBLICAL passages that homosexuality is a "sin against GOD, is trying to attached a "no gay marriage" initiative to the State Constitution. Talking about taking a huge leap BACKWARD.

I cannot wait for Rosie to tell Star to meet her outside and for her to knock her sorry saggy ass to the ground. I cannot wait for Rosie to tell Star that her husband is "one of us" and to see the bug-eyed look that Star gives Rosie...WAIT, you mean that is the reason we have never had any kind of normal sex? Not because I'm hideous??? HE'S GAY, MY BIG AL?

Oh, I got off on a tangent...anyway, GO ROSIE, go kick some ass. I'm all for you, and maybe I will even turn on the TV to watch this once in a while.

I've always been a fan of Rosie's activism, and she seems to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. Her stand up was pretty good too. Caught her old talk show a few times, for some reason she just rubs me the wrong way. One of those people that will turn on you very quickly if you're not careful types, ya know?? That said, I think she'll bring in an interesting mix to the girls of the View. Only caught a few mins of The View before, but I may have to tune in just to see her beat Star down. :D

Only caught a few mins of The View before, but I may have to tune in just to see her beat Star down. :D

I think the powers that be know what they're doing...(1) a new gal probably boosts the ratings for a week or so anytime there's a casting change, not to mention...(2) bring in Rosie, who we know is capable of putting the smak down on Star, and that will bring in most of America... who isn't ready to see someone take Star down?Tons of people loved Rosie when she was on her own talk show. Not everyone, I know, but alot. And of those who don't like Rosie, some still find her controversial and want to see what she may have to say on a show like this!!!

Wow, I might watch the view this summer, just to see Lesbia-Zilla beat down Bitch Bong. Yes, I'll admit it, i'm comfortable with hearing female views. ;)

It's official...

'The View' Brings Rosie O'Donnell Aboard

By BETH HARRIS

LOS ANGELES (AP) - With Rosie O'Donnell as its newest co-host, "The View'' brings a six-time Daytime Emmy winner onto a cast that has made a joke out of its inability to win an Emmy.

"The View'' creator Barbara Walters confirmed Friday that O'Donnell will join her show in September, replacing the "Today'' show-bound Meredith Vieira. Walters made the announcement from the stage of the Daytime Emmy awards.

"We were amazed when she said yes and we're thrilled to have her,'' Walters said.

It wasn't quite the secret that Walters wanted, since word of O'Donnell's selection leaked out on Thursday. O'Donnell made a joking reference to that, noting she had read about her and Walters on the Internet.

About her new job, she joked, "it was either that or the celebrity fit club.''

The move marks a plunge back into daytime television for O'Donnell. With a large resume that includes stage, film and TV work, it's the place where she found the greatest success. She won six Daytime Emmys in six years as best talk show host before shutting down her show because she wanted to spend more time raising a family.

Some of those Emmy victories were against her new partners at "The View,'' which has made a joke out of an Emmys losing streak that was extended Friday when Ellen DeGeneres won best talk show host.

"The View'' got a bigger star than it imagined to replace Vieira, who often serves as the emotional center of an ensemble that also includes Joy Behar, Star Jones Reynolds and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

"They went in a different way,'' said Bill Carroll, an expert on the syndication market for Katz Television. "There was a lot of speculation focused on them finding someone who fit in the Meredith Vieira mold and they obviously didn't go that way.''

With two comics in Behar and O'Donnell, "The View'' will likely turn into a funnier show, he said.

The danger is, between Behar, O'Donnell and Reynolds, "the three of them will want to talk at the same time.''

O'Donnell has become a more vocal advocate in favor of gay and lesbian marriage and adoption since leaving her talk show. She and her partner, Kelli Carpenter O'Donnell, have four children and ran a cruise line for gay and lesbian families that was recently featured in an HBO special. But Carroll said O'Donnell's a professional entertainer and he doesn't expect her advocacy will create much controversy.

AP Television Writer David Bauder contributed to this report.

(2) bring in Rosie, who we know is capable of putting the smak down on Star, and that will bring in most of America... who isn't ready to see someone take Star down?

Exactly. I may have to get Tivo for this :lol:

One of the reasons I stopped watching Rosie O'Donnell show was because of all the boring talk about her kids. I mean - every day was same old crap about those kids. She was worse than Kathy Lee and Cody!!! Know that is hard to believe, but it is true. P L E A S E - spare us all those dull details while on The View, Rosie.

Rosie should definately liven things up on The View! She became alot more opinionated once she left her old show. When she was on talk shows, you could tell she missed it.

I think Joy respects Rosie for her comic talent too much to try to out-talk her. But I'd love to see the two of them shut Star up for once and for all. :lol:

Rosie’s Contract: She Can’t Cut Her Hair By Roger Friedman Rosie’s Contract: She Can’t Cut Her Hair Rosie O’Donnell’s new mega contract with ABC has one absolute proviso: the former talk show queen cannot cut her hair.You may recall there was an uproar toward the end of Rosie’s run as a syndicated talk show host because she chopped off her locks to emulate Culture Club songstress Helen Terry.O’Donnell’s enemies at Gruner + Jahr Publishing even used the wedge hair cut against her when they sued her for a million bucks after shutting down the “Rosie” magazine. They lost that battle. But ABC apparently wants Rosie to look as glamorous as possible when she sits down on “The View” among Joy Behar, Star Jones, and Debbie Hasselbeck.And what about that table? O’Donnell tells me she will more than likely not sit at the far left, taking Meredith Vieira’s old chair. When “The View” returns in September from August reruns, the stage will likely be redesigned so Rosie is sitting in the middle.“And there’ll be a curtain on that table,” O’Donnell quipped.You may wonder when and how this arrangement with "The View" came about. I was not surprised to be told that it all occurred on the night that HBO screened Rosie and her partner Kelli’s documentary about their gay family cruise line about a month ago. I distinctly recall Barbara Walters coming out of the screening room, wiping tears from her eyes. It was quite obvious as the mother of an adopted daughter, she was incredibly moved.Apparently, on the spot Walters asked O’Donnell if she’d be interested in taking Vieira’s job should the latter bolt for the Today Show. Rosie didn’t believe it, and responded, “Sure. Call me.”And that’s what Walters did the minute she knew for certain that Vieira was leaving "The View." It was a smart choice, because O’Donnell’s empathy and sincerity radiate from the television set. At the same time, she doesn’t suffer fools gladly. If nothing else, “The View” will become appointment television, edgy and worth watching—particularly if O’Donnell and Hasselbeck, who has identified herself as right wing—tangle on issues involving gay parenting, adoption, abortion, etc.Joining “The View,” O’Donnell says, will also be ideal for two other reasons: she can leave the city by 12:30 pm and be home with her kids when they return from school. And she’s not carrying an entire show on her back. She has co-hosts who will help with the burden of a five times a week live broadcast.“She wants to play with friends,” says a source. And now she’ll get to do that

^^^

I'm telling ya, Rosie will have people doing her makeup and hair for The View, so she'll look better than she does on a normal day. She always looked fine on The Rosie Show, I guess until she cut her hair at the end, i don't even remember. I imagine they'll have a tougher time with her wardrobe, but hell, if the woman is comfy in her gap khakis, why the hell does anyone care?

Also, The Rosie Show was not set up to be as political, opinionated, etc. as the The View is (although I wonder... the other day the show talked about dry cleaning and what you should and shouldn't drop off... yikes! not exactly an important political/cultural/social/etc. topic...)

I'm sure Rosie will mention her kids... all the women on the show who have kids talk about their families... but I'm sure she'll be talking alot more about her politics, a big part of which focuses on gay rights and the acceptance of gay families.

I think that it's important for her to talk about her kids and wife, because now that everyone knows she out (come on y'all, who didn't know before her official announcement anyway) they will hear here talk about her kids and wife, their home life, all the boring details, etc., and people who are against gay marriage, gay adoption, etc., will here about how Rosie's family is just like theirs and see for themselves that it's not the evil they imagine it to be. Perhaps she'll talk about some of the horrible things that people say to her children, etc., and people will realize how hateful some of their actions can be.

Will everyone who is against gay marriage/adoption/etc. be swayed by hearing Rosie talk? No, of course not. But if it opens even one person's eyes, I say it's worth it. When she talks about them, it's so obvious how loving and caring she is towards them... how can anyone say these kids shouldn't be with her because she's gay? And she can show certain people in America that just because a gay person adopts a child doesn't mean that the child will have horrible psychological problems, doesn't mean the child will be gay too (although what the hell's wrong with that anyway?), doesn't mean the child will be sexually abused by it's adoptive parents, and whatever other things people out there believe that aren't really true.

Seeing is believing, folks.

Edited by cutielb99

they will hear here talk about her kids and wife, their home life, all the boring details, etc., and people who are against gay marriage, gay adoption, etc., will here about how Rosie's family is just like theirs and see for themselves that it's not the evil they imagine it to be. Perhaps she'll talk about some of the horrible things that people say to her children, etc., and people will realize how hateful some of their actions can be. Will everyone who is against gay marriage/adoption/etc. be swayed by hearing Rosie talk? No, of course not. But if it opens even one person's eyes, I say it's worth it. When she talks about them, it's so obvious how loving and caring she is towards them... how can anyone say these kids shouldn't be with her because she's gay? And she can show certain people in America that just because a gay person adopts a child doesn't mean that the child will have horrible psychological problems, doesn't mean the child will be gay too (although what the hell's wrong with that anyway?), doesn't mean the child will be sexually abused by it's adoptive parents, and whatever other things people out there believe that aren't really true.Seeing is believing, folks.

AMEN, Cutie.Couldn't have said it better myself. My State, Minnesota has some horrifying self-righteous ass state senator named Michele Bachmann trying to change the state's constitution to "prevent THOSE people" from getting married. Bachmann has a lesbian sister and finds her "troublesome and ill". The jackass Governor is ALL FOR IT, because like Bachmann, he is an Evangelical Christian and thinks gays are some kind of horrible sinners. If more people can only see gays for what they are, normal people born with a different sexual tilt, we would overcome a huge hurdle in this country. I'm all for a show that allows Rosie to show that she is a normal woman, who has issues with raising four kids, like any other Mother would.I hate prejudice of any kind.

Gay issues aside (which I'm in favor for, for obvious reasons),Is it so wrong to want Rosie on the show just to see her and Star get in a huge fat-ass fight? Now, THAT, would win them Emmies.

Yea, and a lot of us would watch ANYONE knock Star to the ground!!!Maybe even PAY for it...wait, a PAY PER VIEW, Rosie vs. Star...

they will hear here talk about her kids and wife, their home life, all the boring details, etc., and people who are against gay marriage, gay adoption, etc., will here about how Rosie's family is just like theirs and see for themselves that it's not the evil they imagine it to be.  Perhaps she'll talk about some of the horrible things that people say to her children, etc., and people will realize how hateful some of their actions can be.  Will everyone who is against gay marriage/adoption/etc. be swayed by hearing Rosie talk?  No, of course not.  But if it opens even one person's eyes, I say it's worth it.  When she talks about them, it's so obvious how loving and caring she is towards them... how can anyone say these kids shouldn't be with her because she's gay?  And she can show certain people in America that just because a gay person adopts a child doesn't mean that the child will have horrible psychological problems, doesn't mean the child will be gay too (although what the hell's wrong with that anyway?), doesn't mean the child will be sexually abused by it's adoptive parents, and whatever other things people out there believe that aren't really true.Seeing is believing, folks.

AMEN, Cutie.Couldn't have said it better myself. My State, Minnesota has some horrifying self-righteous ass state senator named Michele Bachmann trying to change the state's constitution to "prevent THOSE people" from getting married. Bachmann has a lesbian sister and finds her "troublesome and ill". The jackass Governor is ALL FOR IT, because like Bachmann, he is an Evangelical Christian and thinks gays are some kind of horrible sinners. If more people can only see gays for what they are, normal people born with a different sexual tilt, we would overcome a huge hurdle in this country. I'm all for a show that allows Rosie to show that she is a normal woman, who has issues with raising four kids, like any other Mother would.I hate prejudice of any kind.
When these people (the haters) die & are judged I think they are the ones who are going to come off like absolute shits for the hatred they spread.

(Out.com)Rosie Ditches Kellie!OK, so it was just at a concert, but according to Reuters, Rosie O’Donnell upgraded herself to a premium seat at Madonna’s Sunday night show in L.A. to get a better view of her League of Their Own costar, leaving wife Kellie O’Donnell alone in the stands. No word if anyone had to sleep on the premium couch that evening.

(Out.com)Rosie Ditches Kellie!OK, so it was just at a concert, but according to Reuters, Rosie O’Donnell upgraded herself to a premium seat at Madonna’s Sunday night show in L.A. to get a better view of her League of Their Own costar, leaving wife Kellie O’Donnell alone in the stands. No word if anyone had to sleep on the premium couch that evening.

If this is true, that's pretty shitty. But I find it somewhat questionable, as Rosie and Madonna are friends and Madonna, like most major talent, has a reserve of tickets at her disposal for each show. If Rosie wants to go to the concert, I can't believe that Madonna wouldn't give her and Kellie awesome seats! Even if they're not as good of friends as they used to be, I would hate to think that Madonna wouldn't give her tickets. Edited by cutielb99

Yeah, kinda finding that one hard to believe too. I think Rosie has her personality problems, but this one seems a bit far fetched.

people.comCaught in the ActRosie O'Donnell and partner Kelli Carpenter, snapping pictures of pal Madonna at the opening night of the singer's Confessions tour in Inglewood, Calif.

Rosie On Star: 'She Think She's Beyonce'— Thu, Jun 29, 2006 — Rosie O'Donnell with wife Kelli Carpenter at last night's Madonna concert at Madison Square GardenOn Tuesday, Star Jones announced she was quitting The View. During the broadcast, Star's interview with People – where she blamed ABC for not renewing her contract – went live on the magazine's website, causing co-host (and the show's creator and producer) Barbara Walters to get pissy over the sneak attack after the show rapped. Even though the announcement was scheduled to be made on-air today, Barbara was quick lavished praise on Star on Tuesday's show — it wasn't till Walters caught Star's public off-air comments about being fired did she flip her shit. Wednesday's show saw Star's image cut from the opening sequence; Star, meanwhile, wasn't allowed on the set. (And today she's already been replaced.) Now Walters feels "betrayed."But where, in all of this, falls newcomer Rosie O'Donnell? The September View arrival hasn't exactly been quiet about her feelings for Star. But we wanted to know the real dirt, so when we ran into Rosie last night at Madonna's opening night at Madison Square Garden – she was there with wifey Kelli Carpenter and outfitted with a total-access press pass, lugging around an enormous SLR camera – we went for the jugular. "So what's up with Star Jones?" we asked."I'm not at liberty to discuss it," Rosie replied with an exaggerated wink and nod. But that didn't stop her from talking about Star's overnight thinning: "I'm not sure what she had done." "Well you know how much I like her," Rosie said coyly when we inquired whether she's upset about not getting to co-host with Jones. "(But) she thinks she's Beyonce." Just with more jelly.