princess

Joan and Melissa Rivers

Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate: Details

OCT. 22, 2014 AT 11:30AM BY STEPHANIE WEBBER

US Magazine

Melissa Rivers has inherited the bulk of her late mother Joan Rivers' estate, a source tells Us Weekly. The news comes just days after it was confirmed that the comedian trailblazer and E! Fashion Police host's cause of death last month was from surgery complications.

Melissa will inherit $75 million in cash and Joan's French-inspired $35 million condo on New York's Upper East Side, the insider tells Us. Her son Cooper, 13, has received his own bequest.

Melissa briefly opened up following her mother's passing on Oct. 16 after the New York City Medical Examiner's Officer revealed Joan's cause of death. "We continue to be saddened by our tragic loss," she tweeted. "No further comment at this time."

Receiving Joan's estate also hasn't brought much closure. The source tells Us: "It's no consolation for losing her mother so soon."

Melissa will inherit $75 million in cash

In cash? Excuse me while I hyper ventilate and say Holy Fuck!

• Like 1

Melissa will inherit $75 million in cash

In cash? Excuse me while I hyper ventilate and say Holy Fuck!

Yeah, I keep reading that too, and thinking "Cash? Really, CASH?" Is that what they mean? Or just easily accessible assets like the salary/sales from QVC, royalties from Fashion Police, etc?

Generally that means liquid assets - as in actual cash in checking account, but also value on funds in money market accounts, short-term investment accounts, trusts accounts, etc. Things like royalty fees from QVC sales, book sales, back-end on Fashion Police re-runs, DVD sales, whatever are generally paid out quarterly so the $75M would be what she currently has now, that doesn't include future royalty payments. So basically, Melissa is loaded and will only get richer. :P

We all knew what a hard worker Joan was considering her husband pretty much bankrupted them, right? I always really respected how much she hustled!

• Like 1

Did anyone else watch the Fashion Police Remembering Joan episode? I thought it was great. Few tidbits I really liked, no one ever saw her yawn. Even when she had only gotten 2 hours of sleep the night before, gotten up at 4 in the morning, been in hair and makeup and sitting on her chair onset waiting for the lighting guys to do their thing. I also loved when the other hosts confessed that she always had white wine in what looked like a to-go coffee cup with a straw near her chair on set :D

• Like 1

Dangit - I have got to find a re-airing of that episode - I was in China when they did the marathon & remembrance and forgot to check when I came back to see if i could record it....

princess, on 23 Oct 2014 - 5:44 PM, said:

Did anyone else watch the Fashion Police Remembering Joan episode? I thought it was great. Few tidbits I really liked, no one ever saw her yawn. Even when she had only gotten 2 hours of sleep the night before, gotten up at 4 in the morning, been in hair and makeup and sitting on her chair onset waiting for the lighting guys to do their thing. I also loved when the other hosts confessed that she always had white wine in what looked like a to-go coffee cup with a straw near her chair on set :D

Yes, I watched it. It was a really special episode. I miss Joan every Friday night. :(

• Like 1

Blend Real Estate

The three-story apartment on Central Park East owned by Joan Rivers for twenty-five years has hit the market again, listed by daughter Melissa. I talked about it before when it was on & off the market while Joan was still alive and still believe it's the most jaw dropping and incredible NYC apartment you can buy. Here are two links; both relevant. The first 'displayed' link shows the pics when Joan had it listed for $35 million as recently as 2014. The second link you'll have to copy and paste, but it's the new listing that hit the market today for $28 million. Same interior. I favor the first set of pictures because they're more personal. Pink and gold -- never too much of a good thing. Joan is gone too soon! (P.S. if you ever catch a repeat of Celebrity Ghost Story and Joan's episode, she talks about the ghost she saw in this apartment when she first bought it and the whole place was a dingy dump and she had no money to fix it up. IT'S A GREAT STORY!)

1st link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/see-inside-joan-rivers-opulent-4199084

2nd link:

http://www.corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/3402920

• Like 1

Melissa Rivers Settles Joan Rivers Medical Malpractice Suit: ‘Those Culpable for Her Death Have Accepted Responsibility’

TMZ

Joan Rivers' lavish lifestyle -- or the symbols of it -- are about to be auctioned off, and while Joan was hysterical ... the going rate on her stuff is no joke.

Christie's in New York will put more than 200 items from Joan's Manhattan penthouse on the auction block. Everything from art, furniture, jewelry, and costumes will go to the highest bidder -- and a portion of the proceeds will go to 2 charities: God's Love We Deliver and Guide Dogs for the Blind.

A few of the notable items include an Edouard Vuillard painting -- expected to fetch $180,000 ... and an 18k gold and diamond watch for $10,000.

80 of the items will be sold online from June 16-23. The rest of will go in a live auction on June 22nd.

What I wouldn't give to buy something of hers!! :jumping1:
  • Like 1

Crap, Melissa is using her inheritance to turn out exactly like her mother. Anyone else notice how pulled tight her eyes were in this week's Fashion Police? (I was out of town and dvr'd it - the Cannes & Billboard awards one - and am watching it now)

• Like 2

TMZ

Joan Rivers' lavish lifestyle -- or the symbols of it -- are about to be auctioned off, and while Joan was hysterical ... the going rate on her stuff is no joke.

Christie's in New York will put more than 200 items from Joan's Manhattan penthouse on the auction block. Everything from art, furniture, jewelry, and costumes will go to the highest bidder -- and a portion of the proceeds will go to 2 charities: God's Love We Deliver and Guide Dogs for the Blind.

A few of the notable items include an Edouard Vuillard painting -- expected to fetch $180,000 ... and an 18k gold and diamond watch for $10,000.

80 of the items will be sold online from June 16-23. The rest of will go in a live auction on June 22nd.

What I wouldn't give to buy something of hers!! :jumping1:

In case anyone wants to take a peek, you can see auction items here.

I'm more than halfway through Book of Joan - Melissa's memoir about her mom. So funny, mostly, but (and I normally hate this word) heartwarming too. Makes me believe that what I saw on tv in their shows and in the documentary of her life was really true - Joan was a comedian and always "on" but she was hardworking and loved her family.....Anyway - it's a quick read too, I got it from my e-library - I recommend!

Joan Rivers bio series starring Kathryn Hahn scrapped by Showtime

https://nypost.com/2021/10/26/joan-rivers-bio-series-starring-kathryn-hahn-scrapped-by-showtime/?_ga=2.55809123.931109737.1635188550-299064593.1603393685

...Now those plans have been scrapped as the network does not have Joan’s life rights, Variety reported.

The rights are currently held by the brash funnywoman’s daughter, Melissa. While the project could have gone the unauthorized route, Joan’s jokes and trademark catchphrases could not have been used without rankling Melissa or the estate...

• Sad 1