Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Jamie Foxx

From IMDB.com...Foxx Says Sorry After Naked Basketball AnticsAli star Jamie Foxx is planning to buy his neighbors gift baskets - to apologize for his friends playing a game of nude basketball. The comedian, notorious for his love of throwing parties at his California mansion, left his neighbors far from being impressed when they caught a glimpse of his pals shooting hoops naked. He says, "To all my neighbors, I just want to say that I'm sorry and I'm sending gift baskets to you for all the wrong I've done. We used to play nude basketball in the back - for clinical reasons, to release the soul. Part of my fence was down and I didn't know that the lady and her family was there. I wasn't there at the time...but what got me was how long they looked for. I've been watching you guys for hours back there. I want it to stop!'"

people.com In an effort to drown out the loud buzz around him as Oscar night approaches, double nominee Jamie Foxx (as Best Actor for Ray and Best Supporting Actor for Collateral) attended a soiree thrown in his honor by Jada Pinkett Smith at L.A.'s Museum of Contemporary Art. As the Starr African Rum flowed, Tom Cruise danced a bit, and the man of honor announced his friends over the mic as they arrived. Among his A-list pals there: Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Ashanti, Usher, Oprah and Whitney Houston. Although Will Smith couldn't make it (he was in Europe promoting Hitch), he left behind a videotape congratulating Foxx that was played for the crowd.

Foxx Makes Time's Most Influential List Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx has arrived on Time magazine's list of the world's most influential people, alongside President George W. Bush and lifestyle guru Martha Stewart. Hailing from 31 different countries, and including rappers, designers, world leaders and a tsunami survivor, the listed newsmakers have shaped the world in some way, according to the magazine's editors. Those named were profiled by people who have themselves been in the spotlight. Director Oliver Stone praises Ray star Foxx; property tycoon Donald Trump weighs in on fellow mogul Stewart; while Sean Penn calls Clint Eastwood "cinema's Mount Rushmore". Others honored on the list include talk show host Oprah Winfrey, Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank and rap star Jay-Z. http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-04-18

Jamie Foxx dating Salma HayekAngela BaldassarreActors Jamie Foxx and Salma Hayek have been spotted on a string of dates sparking speculation they are enjoying a romance.The Oscar-winning actor and the sexy Mexican actress were seen at Miami Beach's Prime 112 restaurant looking very much the couple, while onlookers claim they were canoodling during a recent night out at Amika Loft Lounge and Discotheque.One told Life and Style magazine: "He opened the door for her and picked up flowers from a street vendor." However, a spokesman for Hayek insisted the actress’ relationship with the “Ray” star was purely platonic, before adding: "She's writing a script for a movie she'd like him to be in."Last month, it was reported Foxx was dating a beautiful model. The actor, who has a daughter from a previous relationship, was spotted snuggling with a mystery blonde on a beach in Miami. Onlookers claimed the smitten pair were "all over each other" when they later stopped for a coffee at a café.Jamie, 37, is renowned for his womanizing ways and recently confessed that he once had five girls in his bed. The star, who is constantly linked to a string of beauties, says women are the passion of his life.He said: "Give me all the money in the world, it doesn't mean anything compared to the admiration I have for girls. The most women I have had in my bed at the same time is five. But we were just watching TV that's all we did."In the past Hayek, 39, has been linked romantically to actors Edward Norton and Josh Lucas.

FOX NEWS

-Roger Friedman

March 6 doesn't seem that long ago, but that's the night Jamie Foxx -

unpretentious, carefree, unspoiled by fame - won the Academy Award

for best actor for his role in "Ray." At 37, Foxx had worked his way

up, paid his dues, and would never succumb to Hollywood's dastardly

ways. Never.

Well, never is now. From what I'm told, Foxx has not shown a lot of

loyalty to those who've hung in there with him and done a lot of work.

In fact, sources say that Foxx has let his longtime managers, Markus

and Jamie King, be the bad guys when it comes to keeping Foxx's friends

away from him.

And all of this comes as word from the set of Michael Mann's "Miami

Vice" suggests that Jamie is getting second tier treatment compared to

Colin Farrell. The latter plays Sonny Crockett to Foxx's Ricardo Tubbs.

And if you remember how the TV show went, it was not about Tubbs.

"Colin is the star of the movie," says a source who has been following

the action. "Jamie doesn't have a lot of lines."

This would be weird, considering Foxx won the Oscar and was also

nominated for second for Mann's "Collateral." In the meantime, shooting

drags on - like in any other Michael Mann movie.

But Foxx has other fish to fry. He finally completed his first album,

which will appear in November from Clive Davis' J Records. Already a

single has been "leaked" to radio. "One Night Extravaganza" is a

lilting ballad sung in the key of John Legend with a non-sequitur rap

by Kanye West. To return the favor, Foxx is currently featured as the

singer on West's new rap single "Gorilla."

West, who dresses nicely, cannot sing, it seems. Nevertheless, he is a

recording artist.

"Extravaganza" was written and produced by hot producer Mike City.

While he awaits the release of the still untitled album, Foxx has a

problem with his partner in music ventures. He's had some kind of

falling out with the CD's executive producer and guiding light Breon

Prescott. My sources on the West Coast say that the Kings weren't crazy

about sharing the spotlight with Prescott (or anyone else for that

matter) and have done a lot to separate him from Foxx. Also out of the

loop suddenly are also Foxx's former personal assistant and his

trainer/bodyguard.

"He's not the Jamie Foxx you knew a few months ago," one source said.

We've seen it before, of course. But Jamie Foxx was going to be

different. The problem might be with the Kings, who evidently put him

into "Stealth," which is a bust, and the forthcoming "Jarheads."

In the meantime, the buzz is that Foxx will definitely be in

"Dreamgirls" - as I first reported here in March - which is

probably a good idea. But there's also a rumor he's thinking of doing a

"Ray" sequel with Taylor Hackford. It would cover Charles' "We Are the

World" years.

Taylor, Jamie: Please don't do it. Leave well enough alone. Think "The

Godfather: Part III," "More American Graffiti" or "Staying Alive."

It's not worth it.

Jamie better wise up. Oscars don't necessarily mean anything. Think Marisa Tomei, Adrian Brody, the guy who played in Amadeus, et al.

Its so silly to me how the media keeps announcing 'THE NEXT BIG THING' just to have them then flop & disappear from public view. I think Jaime Foxx will do the same. Stealth was a box office bomb. These people get lucky but do not have staying power.

(Pagesix.com)FOXX NO-SHOW IRKS RAPPERS JAMIE Foxx dissed the urban music industry heavyweights gathered at the Power Summit in the Bahamas last weekend by canceling his headlining gig at the last minute. Handlers for the Oscar-winning "Ray" star — who's about to release an R&B album on J Records — told confab organizers that Foxx flaked because he was "sick" in Miami. But whatever the reason, his no-show caused plenty of grumbling. The red-hot star missed performances by Kanye West, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, Ghostface Killa and Redman. In addition to the Power Summit, which drew the likes of Jay-Z and Russell Simmons, the Grand Lucaya resort in Freeport hosted a hip-hop-flavored Heineken House Party that ended with a concert by Ja maican superstar Sean Paul and old-school Brooklyn rappers Black Sheep.

(Pagesix.com)NOT FORGOTTEN JAMIE Foxx is still seething at the racists who tormented him when he was growing up in Terrell, Texas. "There are certain aspects of racism that I couldn't deal with then and I don't have to now," Foxx tells Playboy. "Like going to the other side of the tracks and getting called a n - - - - r every day. 'Hey, n - - - - r, get out of here. Get out of here, you little monkey, you little n - - - - r' . . . To have my friends get death threats and things like that because we were popular in school. I'm not the type to forgive that." Asked whether it would be the same if he was growing up in his hometown today, Foxx said, "It's the same. You're dealing with the South, and it's hard to change tradition."

He sounds totally arrogant! He needs to wait & see how his movies do at the box office. So many entertainers delude themselves into thinking they've made it & are going to stay there. Most fade quickly. Chris Rock made a joke at a previous MTV Awards show that alot of truth to it, "here today, gone today." :wacko:

(IMDB.COM)Foxx Back On Board for 'Dreamgirls'Oscar winner Jamie Foxx went back to the bargaining table with producers after hearing his new film was set to feature Beyonce Knowles and Eddie Murphy. Negotiations for upcoming movie Dreamgirls broke down after Ray star Foxx, fresh from his Academy Award win, priced himself out of the market. But when he heard who was in talks to appear in the film, he offered to slash his salary to take part. He explains, "The first time, it was just me in the movie - no Eddie Murphy, no Beyonce. Then I hear Eddie's doing it, and I'm like, 'Hey, pay me a dollar.' I hear Beyonce's doing it, 'Pay me a quarter.' I just wanted to be part of that. At the end of the day, who cares, man? It's Eddie Murphy; he's my hero. If Dreamgirls works out as I think it will, it will be the greatest thing in the world, a real event. Maybe you won't get $15 million, maybe you get $3 million, maybe $2 million... (but) you are getting more than a paycheck."

(IMDB.COM)Foxx Messed Up 'Jerry Maguire' Audition Jamie Foxx missed out on the chance to star alongside pal Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire because he acted like a fool at his audition. The Ray star, who later teamed up with Cruise in Collateral, admits he made a mess of his chance to play Cuba Gooding Jr.'s role - which won the actor an Oscar - in the hit sports film, because he was overawed by Cruise. Foxx tells Playboy magazine, "I blew it, man. Maybe I wasn't ready. Tom was just too famous, and I was too young. I was a stand-up comedian, and I just f**ked it up. I was reading all loud and stuff, and Tom was very quiet. So I read my lines, and then he paused for a long time... So I said, 'Tom, it's your line.' And he looked at me and said, 'I know. I got it.'" But Foxx insists the messed up audition wasn't all bad - Cruise remembered him. He adds, "The one good thing about meeting Tom was that I told great jokes that day when we had downtime. I had everybody laughing and stuff, and he remembered me."

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,...--27031,00.html

Foxx Endorses Fantasia for 'Dreamgirls' Role

By Daniel Fienberg

October 17, 2005

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- It isn't every day that you hear an Oscar

winner get excited about doing a film with a reality television

veteran.

Talking to reporters about his upcoming role in "Jarhead," Jamie Foxx

threw his full support behind Fantasia Barrino, winner of the third

season of FOX's "American Idol," for one of the final uncast roles in

the upcoming DreamWorks adaptation of "Dreamgirls."

"I think if Fantasia does it, it's outta here," Foxx gushes. "If

Fantasia does the movie it's completely in the stratosphere. It's

nuts."

Bill Condon, an Oscar winner himself, will direct "Dreamgirls," a big

screen version of the hit Broadway musical that takes a fictionalized

look at the rise of the Supremes. Beyonce Knowles is in place as Deena

(the Diana Ross role), with Tony winner Anika Noni Rose and Eddie

Murphy also on board.

Fantasia (she of the single name since her "Idol" win) has been linked

to the role of Effie (originated on stage by Jennifer Holliday), the

group's replaced lead singer, for some time. The casting rumors gained

momentum in late summer with buzz of a impressive audition tape that

swayed most of the project's creative talent. Despite all of the

industry rumbling, though, the part remains curiously vacant.

Foxx's own participation in the film has been on-and-off, as the "Ray"

star hesitated following his Academy Awards triumph. The material and

the cast swayed him and now Foxx will begin work on "Dreamgirls" early

in the new year after he completes Michael Mann's "Miami Vice."

"At first I wasn't going to do it," Foxx admits. "They didn't know

what was going on. Then I was like, 'I wanna do it.' Then I found out

Eddie Murphy was doing it and Beyonce was doing it and I said, 'C'mon

man. I have got to get that. Save me a dollar man, because that's

going to be outstanding."

Foxx is generally in a musical mood these days. His new album drops on

Dec. 6 and movie reporters covering the "Jarhead" junket were treated

to a sampler of the disk, which includes guests like Ludacris, Mary J.

Blige and Kanye West.

"I fooled them a little bit too, because I've got some young stuff at

the beginning, some young stuff at the end, but in the middle, it's

our stuff -- some make love, how-you-doing, get-to-know-you, treat

your woman like this, treat your man like that, some infidelity on

both sides," he says.

"Jarhead," based on Anthony Swofford's best-selling memoir, will be in

theaters on Friday, Nov. 4.

Paramount and MTV Films Hound FoxxLOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- MTV Films and Paramount Pictures have secured Jamie Foxx and his producing partners, Jaime Rucker King and Marcus King for a two-year first-look deal. In a press release announcing the deal, the Viacom entities say that "Foxx, King and Rucker King will provide services in connection with developing, supervising, producing, consulting and Foxx possibly appearing in MTV Films and other Paramount features, all released by Paramount Pictures." It's unclear what that means specifically, but it sounds like Oscar winner Jamie Foxx gets to do whatever he wants for a little while, "Stealth" or no "Stealth." "MTV has an amazing history with Jamie Foxx as well as Marcus and Jaime King, so this is a fantastic opportunity to work with their talents and develop compelling feature films that suit the unique sensibility of our audience," says Van Toffler, president, MTV Networks Music Group and MTV Films. "Ever since 'In Living Color' we have been huge Jamie Foxx fans and had a great time working with him, including his hosting the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. To expand that relationship into our feature film business makes perfect sense for us." Foxx had a great 2004 with Oscar nominated roles in "Ray" and "Collateral." Thus far, 2005 brought trophies for those performances, but his only feature release has been the aforementioned "Stealth." Foxx gets a chance for redemption next month with Sam Mendes' "Jarhead." Other upcoming Foxx projects include "Dreamgirls" for Bill Condon and Michael Mann's "Miami Vice." "Paramount Pictures considers Jamie Foxx a Hollywood force to be reckoned with," says Gail Berman, president of Paramount Pictures. "Developing features with Jamie, Marcus King and Jaime Rucker King creates an opportunity to tap into their creative force, and I'm delighted they'll have a home at Paramount." Foxx is also OK with the deal. "It's an exciting time to go into business with Paramount Pictures, and we're looking forward to developing projects that fuel the unique MTV Films' risk-taking mentality," the actor says.

From Oscar to 'Jarhead' for FoxxBy Daniel Fienberg LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- Jamie Foxx accepted a supporting role in "Jarhead" during an uncertain period when "Ray" didn't have a distributor. Although the "In Living Color" veteran knew he had done good work in the Ray Charles biopic, he couldn't have imagined the steady stream of trophies and statues that it would bring. "We had to get moving and get our hustle on," he now says of that time before he became permanently known as "Oscar winner Jamie Foxx." "And this is a great hustle, because this is a good book. It's meat on the bones. It's not contrived. It doesn't look like I went to try and get all of the money after the Oscars and went and did 'Booty Called' or something like that." In "Jarhead," based on the memoir by Anthony Swofford, Foxx plays Sgt. Siek, a dedicated Marine who gets only minor mention in the original book. With the help of director Sam Mendes and screenwriter William Broyles, Foxx was able to expand the character, though he's still second or third fiddle to Jake Gyllenhaal and possibly Peter Sarsgaard. It's a position that suits him well, particularly at this point in his career. "I don't want it to look like, 'O.K., I'm Johnny Carson now,' because, I've always enjoyed being the Ed McMahon," Foxx insists. "Ed McMahon has always been the coolest spot. What I mean by that is Will Smith is Johnny Carson. Tom Cruise is Johnny Carson. I'm [breaks into an Ed McMahon impression] 'Ho, ho ho... Yeah!' And it's been great." Foxx doesn't mean to imply that the Oscars, Globes and myriad other honors haven't changed his life. He's just using his status to poke fun at his sudden elevation. "That's the thing that I can say that maybe Halle and Denzel can't say -- I told Will, I was like I was making love to this girl right after I won the Oscar and she said, 'Oh, Jamie ...'" he cracks. "And I said, 'Oh, no, no. That's not my name.' 'Oh, Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx.' Yeah, baby." He adds, "So, may I tell you, 'If you ain't got one? Getcha one.'" It isn't all fun and games, of course. Foxx got an extra dose of perspective talking to real Marines as he was preparing for "Jarhead." "For them, when you go back to our hometown and you have that soldier's uniform on you're heralded. You did it. You went and did something for your country," he says. "[F]or them that is their Super Bowl, that is their Oscar, that is their Stanley Cup when you come back when you say 'Yo, man. I went out there and I protected you all.' So, that's what you have to get. You have to get in there and sit with them and see how it really is." Foxx probably won't have true heroes to chat with on a daily basis and with the Oscar on his mantle and his asking price soaring for upcoming efforts "Miami Vice" and "Dreamgirls," how does he plan on keeping his ego in check? "What you have to do every day is kill that Oscar beast and take two or three steps back and not be the ugly person it can turn you into." "Jarhead" hits theaters on Friday (Nov. 4).

(Pagesix.com)BUDGET VIDEO JAMIE Foxx was disappointed he couldn't get J Records to pay for a second day of filming on "Unpredictable" last week. Sources say Foxx, taking a break from filming "Miami Vice," was at Cipriani 23rd Street shooting the music video with director Hype Williams. Foxx's album drops Dec. 6. "Hype told him the video could be really hot if he could have one more day, but that's another couple hundred thousand dollars and J Records said no," our spy said. After Foxx was turned down, he "pouted the rest of the day" and started mimicking J Records head Clive Davis.

(Femalefirst.co.uk)Jamie Fox Plays Up Winfrey Romance RumoursFOXX REFUSES TO CLEAR UP WINFREY ROMANCE RUMOURS Oscar winner JAMIE FOXX left pal OPRAH WINFREY redfaced during her US daytime show yesterday (29NOV05) when he refused to play down reports the pair were secretly dating. Joking about one report, which claimed the couple liked to indulge in sex sessions - during which Winfrey swung from chandeliers at Foxx's home, the actor made the media queen a gift of a lighting fixture, claiming it came from his home. And he refused to confirm that there was nothing going on between the couple when Oprah urged him to tell the truth and dispel reports she was splitting from her longtime boyfriend STEADMAN GRAHAM to romance the RAY star. Instead, he said, "When I was on IN LIVING COLOR I would always tell KEENAN (WAYANS), 'Oprah, that's my flavour,' because you're a woman, you have your body and I'm from the South and I like it thick. "What you have is something that nobody can describe. There was an interview with Vibe magazine... where I said, 'When I get to heaven, there's gonna be a surprise; we're all gonna be waiting on God and it's gonna be Oprah Winfrey.' "You're on the top of the world and we really do watch and listen for everything you say to kind of get our lives together, that's the truth. "The truth is I'm just waiting for you and Steadman to clear everything up... You're attractive, you're pretty and at the same time you're successful and I dig how you look."The chandeliers weren't Foxx's only gift to Oprah - he also commissioned revered African-American artist ARTIS LANE to capture Oprah on canvas and presented her with the full-length portrait

(NYDailynews.com)Foxx checks his at-the-door biasJamie Foxx is breaking down racial barriers — starting at his front door. The actor, who has been campaigning tirelessly to get reformed gang leader Stan (Tookie) Williams off Death Row, admits he once refused to let more than one white man into his house."When I was 15, I went to play the piano for this white guy's Christmas party" in Texas, Foxx says. But when he and a friend showed up at the client's mansion, the host stopped them, saying, "I can't have two n— in my house at one time."Foxx says he was forced to send his friend home, even though his pal had given him a lift to the party.The "Ray" star was so rankled by the experience that, once he hit it big in Hollywood, he instituted a similar quota system.Whenever two white guys came to party at his pad, Foxx tells Oprah Winfrey in December's O, he'd tell them, "You all will have to make a decision between you two." Foxx adds that his friends "had to counsel me and say, 'Don't fall into that same trap.' " The Oscar winner later changed his entrance policy — though, he points out, he never set a limit on white women.

Jamie Foxx has too much moneythesuperficial.comYou know what's a good sign that you might have too much time and money on your hands? Other then buying a pet giraffe to walk you from room to room in your mansion, it's going to a bar and tipping $1000 in single bills just for the fun of it. Jamie Foxx was reportedly drinking champagne at Teddy's in L.A. with some friends and, when the bill came, Jamie said, "Let me get the tip." He then reached into his bag, pulled out some cash, and slowly counted out 1,000 $1 bills and dumped it all on the table. Apparently this isn't the first time either, as Page Six also reports that two weeks ago in Las Vegas, a small riot broke out when he tossed a huge roll of $1 bills from a nightclub balcony.If I was as rich as Jamie Foxx (and God willing I will be) I wouldn't waste my time playing tricks on people with $1 bills. Instead I'd hire an army of trained monkeys and unleash them on the White House. It wouldn't really accomplish anything, but seeing the President covered in monkey poo would be pretty damn funny.

people.comWEDNESDAY, JAN. 25: Jamie Foxx brings together his famous friends – including Mary J. Blige, Stevie Wonder and Snoop Dogg – for his first network special, Jamie Foxx: Unpredictable (NBC, 9 p.m. ET). Taped at L.A.'s Orpheum Theatre, it features the Oscar-winning actor performing tracks from his Unpredictable No. 1 album as well as taking a trip down memory lane.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580...6180223,00.html

Foxx: I am R&B saviour :rolleyes:

By BECI WOOD

Sun Online

ACTOR-turned-singer Jamie Foxx has announced he is going to rescue the R & B music scene.

The cocky star's album Unpredictable took the US by storm in 2005 and now he reckons he can save the charts from more bland soul releases.

He says: "I am the saviour.

"I'm definitely going out there with my mic and my shield to declare: 'I am here to save R & B'.

"I will have the people saying: 'Sire, there is a man at the musical gates saying he is here to save R&B'."

25 April 2006FIZZICAL ASSAULTLouts spray Jamie FoxxKiki King, Eva Simpson & Caroline HedleyA NIGHT on the town turned fizzical for actor Jamie Foxx when a gang of boozed-up louts blitzed him and his hangers-on with bubbly.The 38-year-old Ray Oscar-winner was on the receiving end when six yobs forced their way into his VIP room at London's Mo*Vida and poured wine all over him and his 12-strong entourage on Saturday.A member of Jamie's posse fumed: "They sprayed us like they were putting out a fire, it was everywhere."They had six huge bottles of champagne which went over all our heads and through our clothes."We were stinking of it. Of course we confronted them and the atmosphere turned really ugly."They were right up in our faces. We all were pushing and shoving, Jamie too. We were with these lovely ladies, they didn't need that." Security rushed in and bundled the troublemakers out and the group left at around 3am. A spokeswoman said of the shambolic night: "Jamie's entourage were utterly drenched."And Friday night was Unpredictable too, when Jamie treated his crew to another night out.The Foxx lost his table at the Cuckoo club after he turned up late at 1am so they waddled over to Chinawhite.An insider said: "Jamie was on top form dancing and invited glamour girl Leilani and pals over and serenaded them. Jodie Marsh came up but she scuttled off red-faced after they blanked her."Perhaps Jamie, needed to cool off. After all, we revealed he pulled five women last Wednesday night at the RCA label relaunch. You old Foxx...

Bathed in bubblyJamie Foxx got an unexpected shower while partying in the U.K.The comic and his entourage were doused with wine and champagne at the VIP room of London hot sot Mo*Vida. “They sprayed us like they were putting out a fire, it was everywhere,” one of Foxx’s buddies told the London Mirror. “They had six huge bottles of champagne which went over all our heads and through our clothes. We were stinking of it. Of course we confronted them and the atmosphere turned really ugly.” The trouble makers were quickly escorted out of Mo*Vida, but not before some serious soaking took place. “They were right up in our faces,” the entourage member told the paper. “We all were pushing and shoving, Jamie too. We were with these lovely ladies, they didn’t need that.”