princess

John Cusack

Cusack Seeks Restraining OrderActor John Cusack has asked a judge to issue a restraining order against a woman who he says has been stalking him. The High Fidelity star filed papers on Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court. The 31-year-old claims Emily Leatherman has been "showing unusual interest (in him) by stalking, throwing long letters of interest over my fence in bags with rocks and screwdrivers inside, making unannounced visits to offices of people I work with in an attempt to meet with me and listing my address as her own during a recent arrest. Mail addressed to her has been arriving at my residence without my permission. I have never met this person." The documents also say Leatherman "threatens to commit acts of violence against herself if I do not help her." According to court papers, Leatherman is a transient with no known address, according to website TMZ.com.

Cusack Granted Restraining Order High Fidelity star John Cusack has won a restraining order to keep a Los Angeles woman at least 100 yards away from him. The actor, 40, filed court papers in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming Emily Leatherman was a threat to him, prompting a Santa Monica, California judge to rule that the defendant must stay away from Cusack and resist any way attempt to communicate him. Runaway Jury actor Cusack, who did not attend the hearing yesterday morning, alleged Leatherman, who was present, had sent him letters and had attempted to meet him at official functions during the past 18 months.

Alleged Cusack Stalker Speaks

by Josh Grossberg

Jul 20, 2006, 10:15 AM PT

She says she was looking for a little serendipity, but instead wound up on the wrong end of a John Cusack restraining order.

Speaking to reporters for the first time since the Say Anything heartthob scored a keep-away order against her, Emily Leatherman says she is no stalker and did not engage in any of the behavior outlined by Cusack in court documents.

Per his restraining order request, the 31-year-old Los Angeles homeless woman had deluged Cusack with love letters for nearly 18 months, with several missives purportedly claiming that she would harm herself if the actor failed to repsond.

"I've never written any of that," she told the Associated Press by phone on Wednesday.

Cusack, 40, sought the court order in June, claiming Leatherman had engaged in harassing behavior that, in addition to the unsolicited love notes, included throwing "long letters of interest over my fence in bags with rocks and screwdrivers inside" and showing up unannounced at the offices of several of his business associates in an attempt to meet him.

According to the filing, she also had her mail sent to his home and told people she was living with him.

"Mail addressed to her has been arriving at my residence without my permission," Cusack said. "I have never met this person."

"I feel I've been set up to look like a stalker," said Leatherman, who's staying with friends and currently does not have a listed address of her own.

She denied engaging in any oddball behavior or posting harassing messages to the actor. But did cop to sending two letters to Cusack requesting he lend his star power to help pressure police to probe her claim that she was drugged and gang-raped by several men in 2001, something which investigators have so far refused to do.

Cusack's camp declined to comment Thursday on Leatherman's remarks, apparently preferring to let the court order do the talking.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Linda K. Lefkowitz on Tuesday banned Leatherman from attempting to contact Cusack in person, by phone, by post or by email. She is prohibited from coming within 100 yards of Cusack and must keep at least 500 feet away from his home, workplace, car and offices in which he does business.

The judge said that in making her ruling she factored in Leatherman's rap sheet, which includes several arrests for assault with a deadly weapon. Leatherman also acknowledged in court to having once been in a similar legal snafu with Tom Cruise.

When he's not fending off unwanted admirers, Cusack has been busy in front of the camera filming the indie drama Grace Is Gone, in which he stars as a distraught widower who embarks on an impromptu road trip with his daughters.

Also in the pipeline is Martian Child, in which he plays a sci-fi writer who adopts a troubled boy who thinks he's from Mars. Then there's 1408, a thriller due out next spring in which Cusack plays a paranormal investigator used to debunking supernatural claims only to wind up facing the real thing in a creepy room at the spooky Dolphin Hotel.

Posted Image

Mmm. John Cusack. He's my older crush.

Posted Image

Mmm. John Cusack. He's my older crush.

babloo, are you sure you're not my long lost twin? First our shared love of all things Showgirls and Britney, and now a shared crush on Mr. Cusack...

thats ok, I'd be willing to share him, as long as I got a little peice of the action ;)

From this week's PopbitchBack, crack and Cusack John Cusack is currently in London shooting a movie, and has been training in the nearby gym with his personal trainer and world-famous kick boxer, Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez. John is getting increasingly pissed off as his workout is being constantly interrupted by the staff coming over and asking for Benny's autograph and photo - but not his.A mole who attends the same gym says that John seems to be having a weight issue - i.e. he has too much of it

Nothing worse then having people around when you're feeling fat at the gym. And then to have your trainer be more popular ~ OUCH!

Edited by kappy22

All Reuters News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cusack, youngster shine in uneven "Martian Child"

The very notion of a story about a widower struggling to bond with a hard-to-place foster child might set the schmaltz-averse running.

Those who stick with "Martian Child" won't entirely avoid mush, but they will find terrific performances by John Cusack, as the parental unit, and 10-year-old Bobby Coleman, as the self-proclaimed extraterrestrial. Their unpredictable interactions infuse the proceedings with an immediacy that helps sell the overly pointed lessons of the script.

Going wide against "Bee Movie" and "American Gangster," the film could find itself a box office orphan whose welcoming home awaits on DVD.

The project reteams Cusack with director Menno Meyjes, in whose feature debut, "Max," he played a Jewish art dealer who meets an aspiring painter named Adolf Hitler. Despite their disparate tones, the films share the idea of a sensitive individual trying to coax an outsider into a sense of worth and belonging. In its balancing act between feel-good aphorisms and comic drama, "Martian Child" too frequently loses its equilibrium. But in its best moments, an engagingly weird and vulnerable mood prevails.

Adapting David Gerrold's autobiographical novel about a single gay man who adopts a troubled child, scripters Seth E. Bass and Jonathan Tolins have made the protagonist a widowed straight man -- screenplay shorthand for noble, selfless good guy. But Cusack is too smart an actor to solicit audience sympathy and has such a natural screen presence that he makes David Gordon likable on his own terms. The author of sci-fi fantasy best-sellers with titles like "Dracoban," he's a grown-up misfit who's slightly amazed that he's made a go of adulthood.

Two years after the death of his wife, David still weeps over her photos, puttering around the modernist geometric palace of a home that he shares with a floppy-eared dog -- who's shamelessly used in an egregiously unearned plot point. David's best friend and obvious ideal mate, Harlee (lovely work by Amanda Peet), encourages his plans to adopt, while his sister (Joan Cusack), a moderately harried mother of two boys, provides get-real admonitions.

David overcomes cold feet to adopt Dennis, who must first be lured from the protective shell of an Amazon carton (a unique bit of product placement) and into the glare of the Earth's atmosphere. Equipped with a battery-weighted "holding-down belt" to keep him from floating back to Mars, Dennis is a moon-pale boy with a 1970s haircut and wispy voice. In oversize shades, he grudgingly tolerates David's paternal overtures, looking for all the world like an unsmiling minicelebrity or, as Harlee notes with delighted equanimity, a "little Andy Warhol."

Dennis embarks on an anthropological "mission," snapping Polaroids of his earthly environs and collecting other people's things -- also known as stealing -- and sending up a red flag with social services, represented by Richard Schiff and Sophie Okonedo in understated turns.

Oliver Platt and Anjelica Huston, as David's agent and publisher, respectively, are asked to embody cliches, particularly in a ridiculous book party scene that provides a Cliffs Notes summary of the movie's theme.

The story's hold deepens when it isn't underlining its ideas about the parent/child divide, fantasy as coping mechanism and the value of being different but instead gives way to unexplained whimsy like Dennis' oddly beautiful Martian dance.

Meyjes and DP Robert Yeoman use off-center imagery to convey more than the dialogue can say, with low-key but strong design and costume contributions. Vancouver plays Chicago to nicely overcast effect.

David Gordon: John Cusack

Harlee: Amanda Peet

Jeff: Oliver Platt

Sophie: Sophie Okonedo

Dennis: Bobby Coleman

Lefkowitz: Richard Schiff

Dr. Berg: Howard Hesseman

Liz: Joan Cusack

Tina: Anjelica Huston

Director: Menno Meyjes; screenwriters: Seth E. Bass, Jonathan Tolins; based on the book by: David Gerrold; producers: David Kirschner, Corey Sienega, Ed Elbert; executive producers: Toby Emmerich, Mark Kaufman, Matt Moore, David Gerrold, Mike Drake; director of photography: Robert Yeoman; production designer: Hugo Luczyc-Wyhowski; music: Aaron Zigman; co-producers: Seth E. Bass, Jonathan Tolins; costumer designer: Michael Dennison; editor: Bruce Green.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

John Cusack's view of war no secret

It was secrecy over our Iraq war dead that inspired John Cusack to produce the critically acclaimed "Grace Is Gone," about a man who takes his daughters on a road trip because he can't bear to tell them their soldier-mother has been killed in Baghdad.

"I wanted to make this film after the Bush administration blocked pictures of the dead coming in," said Cusack, who also stars in the movie, which opened Friday. "It's very Vietnam-esque. We wanted to present a film that showed the caskets coming in. If people see the human side of war, they'll be so revolted that they'll do more to stop it."

The genial actor, known for his romantic comedies, is no stranger to antiwar protests. His mother, Nancy, has been arrested at demonstrations, and his late father, Richard, often had his radical college roommate Philip Berrigan and his brother Daniel over to the Cusack house.

"My co-star Shelan O'Keefe is 12 and very Zenlike — she's at that age where the world hasn't corrupted her yet, and she's so honest," Cusack said. "I asked her what she thought of the war, and she said that it'd been going on half her life and so she didn't even know what life was like without it. And that cut me to the core."

Cusack, whose next flick is the comedy "War, Inc.," said recently, "This government has asked us to sacrifice nothing for this. The troops are sacrificing everything. It just seems like an obscenity."

rushmolloy@nydailynews.com

With Sean Evans and Shallon Lester. Edited by Lance D. Debler.

(IMDB.COM)

'Shanghai' May Yet Film in Shanghai

Chinese officials have denied reports that they have barred the movie Shanghai, being produced by Mike Medavoy for the Weinstein Co., from being filmed in their country. Rather, they said, they had simply requested changes to the script and had asked that the producers resubmit their filming application. They did not indicate what sort of changes they wanted implemented, although it has been reported that the script has scenes in which characters smoke opium. Producer Mike Medavoy, who was born in Shanghai, told the Associated Press that he's still hopeful the Chinese will approve his application. "I hope everybody rethinks it," he said. The film is set to star John Cusack, Gong Li and Ken Watanabe.

WB, Paramount dominate Saturns

'300,' 'Harry Potter' lead the way

By DAVID S. COHEN

Warner Bros. and Paramount dominated feature film nominations for the the 34th annual Saturn Awards.

Warners scored 23 noms, most of any studio, and its Frank Miller sword-and-sandal epid "300" led all films with 10 noms. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," also from Warner, had nine noms.

Par had 22 noms, including noms for Daniel Day-Lewis for actor, a pair of noms for "Cloverfield" and another pair for "Tranformers."

In TV, "Lost" led with seven noms, "Dexter" nabbed five and "Heroes" had four.

And the nominees are:

FILM

Science Fiction Film

"Cloverfield" (Paramount)

"Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" (20th Century Fox)

"I Am Legend" (Warner Bros.)

"The Last Mimzy" (New Line Cinema)

"Sunshine" (Fox Searchlight)

"Transformers" (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Fantasy Film

"Enchanted" (Buena Vista)

"The Golden Compass" (New Line Cinema)

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (Warner Bros.)

"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End" (Buena Vista)

"Spider-Man 3" (Sony)

"Stardust" (Paramount)

Horror Film

"30 Days of Night" (Sony)

"1408" (The Weinstein Co.)

"Ghost Rider" (Sony)

"Grindhouse" (The Weinstein Co.)

"The Mist" (The Weinstein Co.)

"Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Action / Adventure / Thriller Film

"3:10 to Yuma" (Lionsgate)

"300" (Warner Bros.)

"The Bourne Ultimatum" (Universal)

"Live Free or Die Hard" (20th Century Fox)

"No Country for Old Men" (Miramax)

"There Will Be Blood" (Paramount Vantage)

"Zodiac" (Paramount)

Actor

Gerard Butler ("300") (Warner Bros.)

John Cusack ("1408") (The Weinstein Co.)

Daniel Day-Lewis ("There Will Be Blood") (Paramount Vantage)

Johnny Depp ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Viggo Mortensen ("Eastern Promises") (Focus Features)

Will Smith ("I Am Legend") (Warner Bros.)

Actress

Amy Adams ("Enchanted") (Buena Vista)

Ashley Judd ("Bug") (Lionsgate)

Helena Bonham Carter ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Naomi Watts ("Eastern Promises") (Focus Features)

Belen Rueda ("The Orphanage") (Picturehouse)

Carice van Houten ("Black Book") (Sony Pictures Classics)

Best Supporting Actor

Javier Bardem ("No Country for Old Men") (Miramax)

Ben Foster ("3:10 to Yuma") (Lionsgate)

James Franco ("Spider-Man 3") (Sony)

Justin Long ("Live Free or Die Hard") (20th Century Fox)

Alan Rickman ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

David Wenham ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Supporting Actress

Lizzy Caplan ("Cloverfield") (Paramount)

Marcia Gay Harden ("The Mist") (The Weinstein Co.)

Lena Headey ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Rose McGowan ("Grindhouse" - "Planet Terror") (The Weinstein Co.)

Michelle Pfeiffer ("Stardust") (Paramount)

Imelda Staunton ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Performance by a Younger Actor

Alex Etel ("The Water Horse") (Sony)

Freddie Highmore ("August Rush") (Warner Bros.)

Josh Hutcherson ("Bridge to Terabithia") (Buena Vista)

Daniel Radcliffe ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Dakota Blue Richards ("The Golden Compass") (New Line Cinema)

Rhiannon Leigh Wryn ("The Last Mimzy") (New Line Cinema)

Direction

Tim Burton ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Frank Darabont ("The Mist") (The Weinstein Co.)

Paul Greengrass ("The Bourne Ultimatum") (Universal)

Sam Raimi ("Spider-Man 3") (Sony)

Zack Snyder ("300") (Warner Bros.)

David Yates ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Writing

Roger Avary, Neil Gaiman ("Beowulf") (Paramount)

Brad Bird ("Ratatouille") (Buena Vista)

Joel Coen, Ethan Coen ("No Country for Old Men") (Miramax)

Michael Goldenberg ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Michael Gordon, Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad ("300") (Warner Bros.)

John Logan ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Music

Tyler Bates ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Jonny Greenwood ("There Will Be Blood") (Paramount Vantage)

Nicholas Hooper ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Mark Mancina ("August Rush") (Warner Bros.)

Alan Menken ("Enchanted") (Buena Vista)

John Powell ("The Bourne Ultimatum") (Universal)

Best Costume

Colleen Atwood ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Ruth Myers ("The Golden Compass") (New Line Cinema)

Penny Rose ("Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End") (Buena Vista)

Sammy Sheldon ("Stardust") (Paramount)

Jany Temime ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Michael Wilkinson ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Make-Up

Howard Berger, Greg Nicotero, Jake Garber - ("Grindhouse" - "Planet Terror") (The Weinstein Co.)

Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight - ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Davina Lamont - ("30 Days of Night") (Sony)

Ve Neill, Martin Samuel - ("Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End") (Buena Vista)

Peter Owen, Ivana Primorac - ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Shaun Smith, Mark Rappaport - ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Special Effects

Tim Burke, John Richardson, Paul Franklin, Greg Butler - ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Scott Farrar, Scott Benza, Russell Earl, John Frazier - ("Transformers") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Michael Fink, Bill Westenhofer, Ben Morris, Trevor Wood - ("The Golden Compass") (New Line Cinema)

John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson, John Frazier - ("Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End") (Buena Vista)

Scott Stokdyk, Peter Nofz, Spencer Cook, John R. Frazier - ("Spider-Man 3") (Sony)

Chris Watts, Grant Freckelton, Derek Wentworth, Daniel Leduc - ("300") (Warner Bros.)

International Film

"Black Book" (Sony Pictures Classics)

"Day Watch" (Fox Searchlight)

"Eastern Promises" (Focus Features)

"Goya’s Ghosts" (Samuel Goldwyn Films)

"The Orphanage" (Picturehouse)

"Sleuth" (Sony Pictures Classics)

Animated Film

"Beowulf" (Paramount)

"Meet the Robinsons" (Buena Vista)

"Ratatouille" (Buena Vista)

"Shrek the Third" (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

"The Simpsons Movie" (20th Century Fox)

"Surf’s Up" (Sony)

TELEVISION NOMINATIONS

Network Television Series

"Heroes" (NBC)

"Journeyman" (NBC)

"Lost" (ABC)

"Pushing Daisies" (ABC)

"Supernatural" (CW)

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (Fox)

Syndicated / Cable Television Series

"Battlestar Galactica" (Sci Fi Channel)

"The Closer" (TNT)

"Dexter" (Showtime)

"Kyle XY" (ABC Family)

"Saving Grace" (TNT)

"Stargate SG-1" (Sci Fi Channel / MGM)

Presentation on Television

"Battlestar Galactica: Razor" (Sci Fi Channel)

"The Company" (TNT)

"Fallen" (ABC Family)

"The Family Guy" - "Blue Harvest" (Fox)

"Masters of Science Fiction" (ABC)

"Shrek the Halls" (ABC)

"Tin Man" (Sci Fi Channel)

International Series

"Doctor Who" (Sci Fi Channel)

"Jekyll" (BBC America)

"Life On Mars" (BBC America)

"Meadowlands" (aka "Cape Wrath") (Showtime)

"Robin Hood" (BBC America)

"Torchwood" (BBC America)

Actor on Television

Matt Dallas ("Kyle XY") (ABC Family)

Matthew Fox ("Lost") (ABC)

Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Kevin McKidd ("Journeyman") (NBC)

Edward James Olmos ("Battlestar Galactica") (Sci Fi Channel)

Lee Pace ("Pushing Daisies") (ABC)

Best Actress on Television

Anna Friel ("Pushing Daisies") (ABC)

Lena Headey ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") (Fox)

Jennifer Love Hewitt("Ghost Whisperer") (CBS)

Holly Hunter ("Saving Grace") (TNT)

Evangeline Lily ("Lost") (ABC)

Kyra Sedgwick ("The Closer") (TNT)

Supporting Actor on Television

Michael Emerson ("Lost") (ABC)

Greg Grunberg ("Heroes") (NBC)

Josh Holloway ("Lost") (ABC)

Erik King ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Terry O’Quinn ("Lost") (ABC)

Masi Oka ("Heroes") (NBC)

Supporting Actress on Television

Jaime Alexander ("Kyle XY") (ABC Family)

Jennifer Carpenter ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Summer Glau ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") (Fox)

Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost") (ABC)

Jaime Murray ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Hayden Panettiere ("Heroes") (NBC)

DVD NOMINATIONS

Best DVD Release

"Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" (Starz / Anchor Bay)

"The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" (remix) (Image)

"Driftwood" (Image)

"The Man From Earth" (Anchor Bay)

"The Nines" (Sony)

"White Noise 2" (Universal)

Best Special Edition DVD Release

"Big" (Extended Edition) (Fox)

"Blade Runner" (5 Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition) (Warner)

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (30th Anniversary - Blu Ray) (Sony)

"Death Proof" (Grindhouse Presentation: Extended & Unrated) (Genius)

"Pan’s Labyrinth" (Platinum Series) (New Line)

"Troy: Director’s Cut" (Ultimate Collector’s Edition) (Warner)

Classic Film DVD Release

"Alligator" (Lionsgate)

"The Dark Crystal" (Sony)

"Face/Off" (Paramount)

"Flash Gordon" (Universal)

"The Monster Squad" (Lionsgate)

"Witchfinder General" (MGM)

Collection on DVD

"The Godzilla Collection" (Classic Media)

"The Mario Bava Collection" (Vol. 1 & 2) (Anchor Bay)

"The Sergio Leone Anthology" (MGM)

"The Sonny Chiba Collection" (BCI / Eclipse)

"Stanley Kubrick" (Warner Home Video Directors Series) (Warner)

"Vincent Price" (MGM Scream Legends Collection) (MGM)

Best Television Series on DVD

"Eureka" (Season 1) (Universal)

"Heroes" (Season 1) (Universal)

"Hustle" (Complete Seasons 2 and 3) (BBC Warner)

"Lost" (The Complete Third Season) (Buena Vista)

"MI:5" (Volumes 4 & 5) (BBC Warner)

"Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series" (BBC Warner)

Retro Television Series on DVD

"The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" (Volume 1: The Early Years) (Paramount)

"Count Dracula" (BBC Mini-series 1977) (BBC Warner)

"Land of the Giants" (The Full Series) (Fox)

"Mission Impossible" (The Second and Third Seasons) (Paramount)

"Twin Peaks" (The Definitive Gold Box Edition) (Paramount)

"The Wild Wild West" (The Second and Third Seasons) (Paramount)

SPECIAL AWARD RECIPIENTS

THE GEORGE PAL MEMORIAL AWARD:

Guillermo del Toro

THE SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:

Tim Lucas

Alleged stalker arrested outside John Cusack's home

A woman showed up Sunday outside the actor's home despite a restraining order.

Posted Image

A woman who showed up Sunday outside John Cusack's Malibu home--despite a restraining order barring her approaching the actor -- was arrested on suspicion of stalking, Los Angeles sheriff's officials said today.

Deputies were called to 24000 block of Malibu Road about 7 p.m. Sunday after a cab driver reported that a passenger was refusing to pay a fare for a ride to that area.

As deputies approached the scene they were flagged down by Cusack, who told them he recognized the woman in the cab and that she had been stalking him.

Emily Leatherman, 33, was booked on suspicion of felony stalking, violating a restraining order and petty theft. Leatherman, who was booked at the Malibu-Lost Hills station, is being held in lieu of $150,000 bail, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

"She was arrested and had violated a previous restraining order taken out against her by Mr. Cusack," Whitmore said.

Cusack, the star of "Runaway Jury," "High Fidelity," "Grosse Pointe Blank" and "The Grifters," told authorities that to his knowledge the woman had not been on his property on Sunday.

"Apparently, Mr. Cusack flagged down one of our deputies and told him that this woman had been stalking him," Whitmore said. He said deputies recovered evidence at the scene that led to the arrest, but he declined to elaborate, citing the investigation.

latimes.com/

Woman to be tried for stalking John Cusack

A judge on Monday ordered a 33 year-old woman to stand trial for stalking actor John Cusack, star of movies such as the recent family film "Martian Child" and supernatural thriller "1408."

Emily Diane Leatherman, 33, was arrested outside the actor's Malibu home in March, and the complaint against her claims that she began stalking Cusack in February 2007.

In a separate filing for a temporary restraining order to keep Leatherman away from him, Cusack accused the woman of throwing a bag of love letters, rocks and screwdrivers over his home's fence, according to a report in The Los Angeles Times.

Leatherman faces one count of felony stalking, and if convicted could get up to three years in prison, the District Attorney's office said.

She also faces one misdemeanor charge of failing to obey a restraining order and one count of petty theft. Each of those charges carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail.

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited.

John Cusack A Prima Donna, Claims Aussie Actor-Producer

Australian actor and producer Paul Leyden has dished the dirt on Hollywood actor John Cusack, saying that he was “one of my favourite actors until I met him… he was a real prima donna”.

Leyden claims that the ‘High Fidelity’ star was a "prima donna" on the Montreal set of ‘The Factory’, a horror film that Leyden co-wrote, and in which Cusack starred.

"John Cusack was one of my favourite actors until I met him," Leyden said during an Australian radio interview.

"I have to say one thing – and this is my favorite line when people ask me what I think of John Cusack – he plays nice guys on film. So, read between the lines."

When prompted by the radio interviewer to explain his claims, Leyden accused Cusack of often arriving "hours late" for work.

"He was getting paid a lot of cash, and he would just be two hours late to set, wouldn't apologise for keeping everyone waiting in the snow... [he was] a real prima donna,” Leyden said.

"He cost us a lot of money and he was getting his biggest pay day on this film.”

He added, "Everyone thought he was [going to be] a really nice guy, and all I can say is that it was a really nice day when he wrapped."

Morgan O'Neill, the film’s director, had to deal with Cusack "every day", Leyden said, and as a result "he has some really juicy stories".

Source: thecelebritytruth.com

John Cusack A Prima Donna, Claims Aussie Actor-Producer

Australian actor and producer Paul Leyden has dished the dirt on Hollywood actor John Cusack, saying that he was “one of my favourite actors until I met him… he was a real prima donna”.

Leyden claims that the ‘High Fidelity’ star was a "prima donna" on the Montreal set of ‘The Factory’, a horror film that Leyden co-wrote, and in which Cusack starred.

"John Cusack was one of my favourite actors until I met him," Leyden said during an Australian radio interview.

"I have to say one thing – and this is my favorite line when people ask me what I think of John Cusack – he plays nice guys on film. So, read between the lines."

When prompted by the radio interviewer to explain his claims, Leyden accused Cusack of often arriving "hours late" for work.

"He was getting paid a lot of cash, and he would just be two hours late to set, wouldn't apologise for keeping everyone waiting in the snow... [he was] a real prima donna,” Leyden said.

"He cost us a lot of money and he was getting his biggest pay day on this film.”

He added, "Everyone thought he was [going to be] a really nice guy, and all I can say is that it was a really nice day when he wrapped."

Morgan O'Neill, the film’s director, had to deal with Cusack "every day", Leyden said, and as a result "he has some really juicy stories".

Source: thecelebritytruth.com

Too bad, "Say Anything' is one of my fave 80' movies. :(

cusack has always been a twat. He once did some bit in a mag about how he wishes he had a job like being a carpenter or janitor or somesuch. Really? ok hot shot, I know its really difficult to get a choice job like that but why not try? what's stopping you?

even his bit in the player was smug.

STFU thank you very much.

He was very good in Grosse Point Blank

• Like 1

John Cusack is one of the actors--I believe every nasty thing written about him but I still adore him ;) Bit of a masochist, what can I say :unsure:

O Hoya WE have so much in common. I "met" him on day in NYC. I was going into Zabars and he was coming out - did NOT hold the door for me, where like it closed in my face. YET I still wanted to make out with him:( IF my husband ever did that he would get HELL but yet I wanted to make out with John AFTER he didnt' hold my door - and didn't even say sorry..

I don't care if I am a New Yorker, that was still rude... :unsure: yet I would still make out with him...

O Hoya WE have so much in common. I "met" him on day in NYC. I was going into Zabars and he was coming out - did NOT hold the door for me, where like it closed in my face. YET I still wanted to make out with him:( IF my husband ever did that he would get HELL but yet I wanted to make out with John AFTER he didnt' hold my door - and didn't even say sorry..

I don't care if I am a New Yorker, that was still rude... :unsure: yet I would still make out with him...

He's hot. And talented. Too bad he's a jerk. I guess that's why he gets away with it.

He's hot. And talented. Too bad he's a jerk. I guess that's why he gets away with it.

Plus, he doesn't court press so much (usually only when he has to--like promoting a movie) The rest of the time--he is pretty much under the radar. And I think those of us who "care" give people who aren't in our faces every day a little more leeway. That's my excuse anyway. Plus he's talented. And hot ;)

Plus, he doesn't court press so much (usually only when he has to--like promoting a movie) The rest of the time--he is pretty much under the radar. And I think those of us who "care" give people who aren't in our faces every day a little more leeway. That's my excuse anyway. Plus he's talented. And hot ;)

Good point!

Ditto!

Ditto!

Count me in as well!

Ditto!

Count me in as well!

Dang it ~ Another one I love is a total A-Hole!! Add him to my list of crappy-people-I-still-love. :unsure:

never loved the guy and never thought he was hot. he's got a good "regular but sensitive joe" thing going. but such a shmuck in real life.

Ditto!

Count me in as well!

Dang it ~ Another one I love is a total A-Hole!! Add him to my list of crappy-people-I-still-love. :unsure: