princess

John Cusack

O Hoya WE have so much in common. I "met" him on day in NYC. I was going into Zabars and he was coming out - did NOT hold the door for me, where like it closed in my face. YET I still wanted to make out with him:( IF my husband ever did that he would get HELL but yet I wanted to make out with John AFTER he didnt' hold my door - and didn't even say sorry..

I don't care if I am a New Yorker, that was still rude... :unsure: yet I would still make out with him...

as a fellow NYer, you know who was a real gentleman? JFK Jr. He lived around the corner from me. Very gracious.

as a fellow NYer, you know who was a real gentleman? JFK Jr. He lived around the corner from me. Very gracious.

True. He had perfect manners, as does his sister. Jackie did all right by her kids but then she always said that if you mess up with your children you've really got nothing to show for your life. As vapid and pointless as I sometimes found her, I always admired her for the way she protected and raised those children.

Cusack aims to offend with war satire film

John Cusack is outraged over the Iraq war, so the U.S. actor channeled his anger into a low-budget political satire -- complete with a chorus line of scantily clad female amputees -- that he hopes will offend.

Inspired by anger about the war and questions about the political power held by global corporations, "War, Inc" is set in Turaqistan, a fictional nation occupied by a private U.S. company called Tamerlane and run by a former American vice president.

Cusack helped write the screenplay and also stars with Sir Ben Kingsley, Marisa Tomei and Hilary Duff in the film, which premiered this week at New York's Tribeca Film Festival alongside several more serious documentaries on Iraq and other conflicts.

"I think the movie should be kind of offensive," Cusack told Reuters about the film, which will be released in New York and Los Angeles theaters on May 23. "I'm shocked at how much good reaction we're getting."

"Sometimes with a serious, somber movie, even though they're great and well intentioned, it just doesn't allow you to be outraged because you just get depressed," he said. "This allows you to actually feel like, 'Let's do something subversive."'

In the movie, Cusack plays a hit man hired by Tamerlane to assassinate a Middle Eastern oil minister who plans to lay an oil pipeline through Turaqistan, thwarting the company's plan for sole proprietorship of the country.

"(The movie) was just a reaction to the war and all the insanity behind using the 9/11 attacks to make an imperial land grab in the Middle East," he said. "We really wanted to channel our outrage a little bit into something creative."

'IT'S NOT RIGHT'

Cusack said he was also inspired by the late director Robert Altman, who made a satirical movie about U.S. medical personnel during the Korean War, based on the book "MASH: A Novel About Three Army Doctors."

"He said when he made "MASH" he wanted to be as politically incorrect as the war was obscene," Cusack said. "I don't think we even went far enough."

Shot in Bulgaria, the low-budget movie has been marketed through Myspace.com. It was shown to a range of high-profile people such as artist Damien Hirst and comedian Sarah Silverman, whose comments have been posted online.

Singer Hilary Duff, 20, had a week to prepare for her role as a trashy central Asian pop singer and said that while many families have been devastated by what's happening in Iraq, she hopes that audiences will see the funny side of the film.

"We're trying to raise awareness with it. It is funny and it is bizarre and a little disturbing," she said. "But really at the end of the day it's looking at what (our country is) doing, and it's not right."

And with U.S. presidential elections looming, Cusack hopes his movie will spur "some kind of resistance of the spirit."

"There's hopefully an exuberance to the movie because I think being subversive should feel good," Cusack said. "It should be fun to throw a brick."

(Editing by Eric Walsh)

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited

John Cusack's Gotten A Bit Crusty

John Cusack would run up a massive debt if he knew the world was to end.

The 43-year-old actor - who stars in the new film '2012' where he plays the hero in a world which is ending - believes the apocalypse would draw people closer together, but he would be more interested in going on a massive shopping spree.

When asked about how people would react to the news the world was to end, he said: "Maybe people will get less commercial, less interested in material things. Although if there was going to be an apocalypse we should just charge a lot of sh*t on credit cards and not worry about the consequences. Which is sort of what we've done anyway."

The 'Being John Malkovich' star also admitted his career had made him become incredibly cynical.

He added to Elle magazine: "You can think that the world has so many problems that you can become pretty judgmental. And when you're in this business, there's certainly a type you become. I'm cynical about life, about people."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Cusack: 'I'm Tired Of Emails And Texts'

John Cusack has said that he hates modern technolgoy.

The Hot Tub Time Machine star has admitted that he "forces" his friends to meet him for coffee because he doesn't believe technology is capable of maintaining a friendship, Contactmusic reports.

Cusack said: "Sometimes I say to my friends, 'We have to go out and have coffee together or something, because I'm tired of just talking in email and texts. I want to make sure it's really you'.

"You know what I mean? I force people to have coffee with me, just because I don't trust that a friendship can be maintained without any other senses besides a computer or cellphone screen."

The 43-year-old actor also said that making his latest movie made him realise how much everyone relied on technology.

Cusack continued: "As long as you can tell somebody how you feel in 140 characters or less. It's exhausting. I don't know, I don't think any of that really counts, you know?"

He added: "That's a great line in the film, where Jacob - played by Clark Duke - is hitting on a girl in the '80s and he says to her, 'How can I get in touch with you later?' And she says, 'Well, you're going to have to come out and find me!'"

Hot Tub Time Machine is currently playing in the US. As of yet, no UK release date has been announced.

Source digitalspy.co.uk