princess

White Stripes

histar.comIf you wanna believe the British tabloids then you'll be interested to know that former husband and wife MEG & JACK WHITE may be headed for another breakup. But, this time it's going to be a MUSICAL breakup! The British rags quote some guy who claims to be Jack's nephew and he says the WHITE STRIPES are basically satisfied with the legacy they've created and they want to end it while they're still on a high note.

http://www.sfgate.com/columnis­ts/dailydish/ WHITE WEDDING SHOCKED WIFE'S PARENTS White Stripes frontman Jack White's unexpected decision to marry Karen Elson on June 2 came as a particular shock to the model's parents -- they had no idea their daughter was dating the rocker. Elson, who hails from Manchester, England, stunned her carpenter father Jimmy when she revealed to them that she and the rocker had exchanged nuptials in Brazil. Jimmy says, "I was in total shock. I asked (Karen) if she was pregnant and whether it was a shotgun wedding. She laughed and said no. "She then said she was going to put (Jack) on the phone. Jack said to me, 'Sir, I'm sorry I didn't ask you if I could marry your daughter.' I said, 'That's OK, but I think you owe me a pint of beer!'" Elson's mother Carol adds, "I knew they were friends, but I had no idea they were dating. It came as a massive shock."

MOBY was shocked when he confronted a noisy neighbour in a London hotel and discovered it to be rock pal JACK WHITE. GO hitmaker Moby checked into to his exclusive room in the British capital on Wednesday (22JUN05) night after travelling by Eurostar direct from Paris, France. But the singer was disturbed to have his peace disrupted by loud music pounding from the next room. He explains on his website, "I got settled in and then suddenly my walls started shaking because my neighbour was listening to the new White Stripes CD very, very loud. "I wasn't particularly perturbed, as it was only 11:30, but it's still a little bit intrusive when your walls are vibrating because your neighbour is listening to very loud music. "Now, here's the funny part, it turns out that my neighbour is Jack White and he was listening to his own CD (which makes sense to me, as it's a good record). And the walls of this hotel are fairly thin, so I guess he wasn't listening at deafening, ear-splitting levels."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...170670&p=y8zy... =182171613 White fixated on Catholicism 11/07/2005 - 10:38:01 The White Stripes frontman Jack White has become fixated on Roman Catholicism, snubbing his previous musical role models in favour of Christian saints. The Blue Orchid rocker is so hooked on the faith he displays figurines of his favourite religious icons on his amplifiers during shows, much to the bemusement of his fans. He says: "I've recently got into the cult of the saints. I've pushed aside a lot of my musical idols and put the saints up there instead. "The church defines them as people who have definitely made it into heaven no matter what path they took. I have statues of various saints sitting on top of my speaker stacks." Edited by Rebelgirl

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...17200&p=66xy7... 6017580 Jack White explains White Stripes siblings lies 31/08/2005 - 12:24:13 The White Stripes star Jack White chose to lie about his relationship with bandmate Meg White because he didn't think music fans and critics would take a former husband and wife duo seriously. White insisted that his drummer was actually his sister, but a Detroit, Michigan, newspaper uncovered the truth in 2002 and printed the couple's 1996 wedding certificate. Although he still refuses to completely reveal the truth about himself and his ex-wife, White insists the white lie about their being siblings was necessary. He tells Rolling Stone magazine: "It's funny that people think me and Meg sit up late at night, in front of a gas lamp, and come up with these intricate lies to trick people. "If we had presented ourselves in another fashion. how would we have been perceived, right off the bat? When you see a band that is two pieces, husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, you think, 'Oh, I see. "When they're brother and sister, you go: 'Oh, that's interesting.' You care more about the music, not the relationship."

THE WHITE STRIPES rocker JACK WHITE and his model wife KAREN ELSON are reportedly expecting their first child. The BLUE ORCHID singer revealed the happy news to close family in Michigan last weekend (ends 02OCT05) writes British newspaper The Sun. White secretly wed Elson in June (05), just four months after they met. He was previously married to The White Stripes drummer MEG WHITE until 2000. (ZJS/WNTSU/GES)

(HANDBAG.COM)Jack White To Ditch The White Stripes In 2006The White Stripes star Jack White is planning on taking a break from his band in 2006 - to launch a new project with pal Brendan Benson.White and Benson have been recording as the Raconteurs for the past year, and now the pair plan to release a debut album.White says, "I don't want it to sound anything like The White Stripes. This is a full-on band - dual songwriters coming together, building off one another, bouncing off each other." © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/105972004.htm

Jack White Denies White Stripes Sell-Out

November 4, 2005, 6:07:13

SIX-A-DAY WHITE ADMITS TO COKE AD

LATEST: THE WHITE STRIPES frontman JACK WHITE has recorded a track for a

Coca-Cola advertisement - but insists he's not a commercial sell-out.

The singer confessed to having reservations about the project when

approached by the soft drink giants earlier this year (05), but now hails

the ad tune as "inspiring" and the product as "the greatest drink ever".

He says, "I've written a song and I wrote it really quickly and it's an

interesting commercial that's been made.

"We get offered commercials all the time, but it doesn't really ever

interest me very much. This was inspiring for me.

"I think it's the greatest drink ever made by man - I used to have six a

day.

"But I'm not particularly concerned with the product, I'm more interested in

getting a message across in a way that I'd never normally have the means to

accomplish."

The broadcast date for the commercial is yet to be confirmed.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...36254&p=yx536...

White renames himself 'Thee Quid'

07/11/2005 - 09:50:16

The White Stripes rocker Jack White has announced he's changing his name to

"Three Quid", in a nod to rapper 50 Cent.

The eccentric Blue Orchid singer wandered on stage in London this weekend, a

stuffed bird under one arm, and amazed fans by declaring his change of

identity.

A fan says: "The Three Quid stuff was a bit weird, but if he keeps playing

that well I don't care what he calls himself."

EOnline.comSTORK WATCH: White Stripes frontman Jack White and wife Karen Elson expecting their first child together, MTV News reports.

If you're a fan of Jack White, have plenty of bucks and don't mind moving to Detroit, then this could be your lucky day.The Raconteurs and White Stripes singer has put his home up for sale for just less than $1million.The early 20th-century mansion is just like a building version of Jack - with a dramatic grand staircase, oak wood panels and red and white colour schemes.Jack hand-painted the master bedroom and even recorded his Grammy-winning album Get Behind Me Satan in the grand staircase and foyer in February 2005.Check out the home's website - complete with a virtual tour - on 1731seminole.com.sourece: dailyrecord.co.uk

Burning Question: The White Stripes on 'The Simpsons'

PopWatch Blog

Posted Image

Last night's episode of The Simpsons -- now in its 23rd decade! -- featured the guest vocal talents of none other than Meg and Jack White, a.k.a. the White Stripes...

OR DID IT??

I have now watched this YouTube clip approximately 43 times, and I remain unconvinced that Jack and Meg's speaking voices are actually theirs. The two run into Bart during a parody of the Michel Gondry-directed video for "Hardest Button to Button" -- I could explain why, but it involves Vegas and paddle ball and is really not worth the time -- and they have but one true line each. Still, after careful analysis and (since I appear to be linking to a lot of my own work here today) a couple spins of this old NPR interview, I have some serious, serious doubts about the true identity of the actors delivering those lines.

They lied to us about being brother and sister. Who knows what else this band is capable of??

Edited by Cutielb99

IT'S A BOY FOR JACK WHITE AND KAREN ELSON

August 08, 2007

For White Stripes frontman Jack White and his wife, model Karen Elson, baby makes four.

The couple's second child, named Henry Lee White, was born Tuesday, a publicist for White confirmed Wednesday. White and Elson have a 15-month-old daughter, Scarlett Teresa White.

"The new child and his mother are both feeling very healthy and happy," says White's representative, Chloe Walsh.

White, 32, who once dated actress Renee Zellweger, married Elson, 28, in 2005. The couple lives in Nashville.

The White Stripes are on a break from their North America tour, which will resume Sept. 13 at the Kiva Auditorium in Albuquerque, N.M

White: 'Internet Is A Nuisance'

JACK WHITE dreams of a world with no internet - because the web is "a nuisance" that trivialises music.

The White Stripes rocker - who famously records most of his songs using old-fashioned analogue equipment - appreciates that modern technology connects people around the world, but he's adamant it is harming the music industry.

He tells British rock mag NME, "In my head I'm still living and working as if there is no internet, and treat it as a nuisance and use it for whatever is good about it that we can scrape together after the fact.

"The internet is a beautiful tool for many, many things, but is in direct opposition to the art of music being treated with respect, and delivered to the majority in a tangible way. As every day passes music is more and more looked at as a soundbite and a trifle."

Source contactmusic