Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jon Bon Jovi

EOnline.com JOISEY BOYS: Bon Jovi releasing a five-disc box set Nov. 16 titled 100 Million Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong with three CDs of previously unreleased songs.

EOnline.com BORN TO BE YOUR BOX SET: Billboard reporting that Bon Jovi will release 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong, a five-disc box set containing previously unreleased tracks on Island Records Nov. 16.

EOnline.com LIVIN' ON THE ROAD: Billboard reporting that Bon Jovi will release an album in the spring that will be a "loud guitar, big rock record," to be followed by a massive world tour.

Posted Image

Jon Bon Jovi rocks his shag cut on Tuesday's Today show, marking his band's milestone ? 20 years together ? and the release of their box set, 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong.

EOnline.comIT'S MILLER TIME: Goo Goo Dolls and Jon Bon Jovi rocking in Miller Park at Miller Brewing's 150th birthday, dubbed "The Big Brew-Ha."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...475800&p=yz84...

=128476409

Bon Jovi hoping to make friends with Franz

19/09/2005 - 13:14:04

Bon Jovi are hoping rock sensations Franz Ferdinand will join them onstage

when their world tour hits Scotland in 2006.

The Keep The Faith hitmakers are huge fans of the Scottish chart stars since

they heard breakthrough single Take Me Out, and hope Franz Ferdinand will

accept their invite.

Guitarist Richie Sambora says: "Whoever shows up at our gigs has to play-

whether it be Elton John or Eric Clapton. It's like a big jam session

whether they like it or not. I think Franz Ferdinand are killer and I love

their songs. We'd like to get them on stage to play with everyone."

Jon Bon Jovi: Tom Cruise Has "Lost It," He "Courts Celebrity For The Sake Of It"... Posted September 19, 2005 03:46 PM Jon Bon Jovi has slammed Tom Cruise, saying the actor has "lost it". The rocker claims the heartthrob star "courts celebrity for the sake of it" and he believes Tom's fiancée Katie Holmes is feeding off of his star status. The rocker told Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "Some people just court celebrity for the sake of it. People like Tom Cruise. He was always a great actor, but I think the man's lost it. "You won't ever catch me jumping up and down on Oprah going on about how I love this woman. And then others start feeding off it. Suddenly Katie Holmes is on the cover of magazines" The handsome singer also hot out at hotel heiress Paris Hilton saying she is "famous for being infamous" He said: "Another one is Paris Hilton Famous for being infamous And then the people who should be getting the attention, people like Bob Dylan, aren't It's sad" "These people claim they hate the intrusion that fame brings but then they bring it on themselves by having huge entourages wherever they go, attracting attention to themselves"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Bon Jovi Stuns Oprah with $1 Million Donation

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi left talk show queen Oprah Winfrey speechless on her

daytime program Wednesday, when he gave her $1 million toward her Hurricane

Katrina relief effort.

Bon Jovi and his bandmates were stunned by Winfrey's emotional two-day TV

special from Louisiana and Mississippi last week, and her efforts to get

supplies to the victims of the hurricane through her Angel Network charity.

So they joined forces to give Oprah the biggest single donation to her

cause, so she could continue to help those suffering in the aftermath of the

August storm.

Bon Jovi, who was a guest on Oprah's show, explained, "You could steward

this so that it gets to the people who need it -- Habitat, Red Cross. That's

from the four of us.

"You told the human story. This isn't a race issue, it's a class issue and

it's American people that we have to help."

Thrilled Oprah took a moment to regain her composure and then said, "I've

been doing this a long time and people have made donations and they've been

very kind, but no one has ever given our Angel Network $1 million."

Jon Bon Jovi homeless helpOctober 7, 2005, 6:01:05 Jon Bon Jovi is donating the money it would cost to make a music video to help homeless people in America. The rocker's new single, 'Who Says You Can't Go Home', is due out soon but he won't be making a video to promote it.Instead the sexy singer plans to donate the cash to housing charity 'Habitat for Humanity'.The 43-year-old said: "That money is going to house four families in Philadelphia. "I'll be writing a cheque for a good portion of it personally and that's fine.It makes you feel good and you're doing it for the right reasons. " Bon Jovi's charity work in the past few years includes building a health clinic for the poor in New Jersey.The father of four is quoted in Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper as saying: "I think volunteerism should be fashionable That's my goal To make volunteering the new black"

(Pagesix.com)JOVI-AL FAMILY JON Bon Jovi revealed between songs at the Hard Rock on Sunday that his two oldest children are uninterested in his career. When he invited them to a recent rehearsal, they declined. "So I'm cutting them out of my will," he joked. As for his secret to staying married: "My wife tells me that if I ever decide to leave, she is coming with me." Bon Jovi later helped Warner Music biggie Lyor Cohen raise a fortune for the deaf at Time Warner Center, with Edgar Bronfman Jr., Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons, and Jay-Z and Beyoncé.

Posted Image

Bandmates Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi get back to work at Ricoh Stadium in Coventry, England, on Wednesday. Sambora most recently was in Paris vacationing with new gal pal Denise Richards.

Man. I love me some Jon Bon Jovi. I remember when I was a kiddo and my babysitter had a mirror in her purse with "I love Jon" written around the edges of it. She was always gazing in that mirror... I didn't get it then but it didn't take me too long! The fact that he's so devoted to his wife makes me love him that much more. I guess this doesn't really belong in the music thread, but oh well.

Jon and Richie to Join Our Collection of Music Figures in 2007

September 29, 2006

Copyright 2006 TMP International, Inc.

McFarlane Toys has announced that Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora are the latest musicians to join their expanding collection of music action figures.

"Bon Jovi is one of the most consistent and recognizable rock bands of all time," says McFarlane Toys CEO Todd McFarlane. "Not only did they rock stadiums and arenas during the 80s, but they have also been doing it in the 90s and now. We are looking forward to reproducing the likeness of Jon and Richie and bringing them to the fans."

Over the last two decades, Bon Jovi has earned the respect of the music industry and the loyalty of legions of fans around the globe. They have sold more than 100 million albums worldwide and have performed in excess of 2,500 concerts in 50 countries before more than 32 million people.

Their third album, Slippery When Wet (1987), helped propel the band to superstardom as it soared to number one on Billboard's 200 Top-Selling Albums chart. The album included the smash hits, "You Give Love a Bad Name," "Livin' On a Prayer" and "Wanted Dead or Alive."

The group landed numerous other Top-10 albums including New Jersey (1988), Keep the Faith (1992), Cross Road (1994), These Days (1995) and Crush (2000).

In 2005, Bon Jovi released their ninth studio album, the multi-platinum Have A Nice Day, which debuted at #2 on the Billboard albums chart and yielded the number one single, "Who Says You Can't Go Home."

McFarlane Toys' Bon Jovi action figures are scheduled to be released in July, 2007.

SPAWN.COM

Bon Jovi to Restore Rundown Philly Homes

FRIDAY OCTOBER 06, 2006 08:55AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Jon Bon Jovi on Thursday announced an effort to renovate 15 rundown houses in Philadelphia's blighted north side.

With Bill Clinton by his side, the Bon Jovi singer, 44, introduced the Phase V Homeownership Project before a crowd of about 350 people in Philadelphia.

The effort is sponsored by Bon Jovi's Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation and the Saturn car company, working in conjunction with Project HOME and Habitat for Humanity – and Bon Jovi said Clinton was on board as well.

The former president, 60, "was intrigued enough that he offered his services, and said, 'If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate.' And we didn't," Bon Jovi told the Associated Press.

Clinton told the audience, "I don't care who is running the government and what the policies are, there will always be a gap between where we are and where we need to be, and those of you out there in the audience have to step into that gap," the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Thursday night, Clinton and former president George H.W. Bush were honored at the 2006 Liberty Medal ceremony at Philadelphia's National Constitution Center. At the same event, Bon Jovi received the City of Brotherly Love Award from Mayor John F. Street.

NOT SO JOVI-AL

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

ROCKER Jon Bon Jovi was furious after a MALE partygoer grabbed his bum.

The incident happened at a yacht club on the Caribbean island of St Barths.

An onlooker tells us: "Naturally, Jon wasn't best pleased at being manhandled, but his pals piled in before he could said anything.

"It all got quite heated and the man was thrown out by security."

JON BON JOVI is so content with making new albums and touring that he doesn't need chart success to make him happy. The Bon Jovi rocker admits the band will never be as popular as they were in their 1980s heyday, but they don't care as long as they can continue to make a living out of music. He says, "It's not about having to prove anything any more. I think we feel that less and less with each album - we know what we've achieved." The 45-year-old also insists it is important to keep coming up with new and original material - which is why the band opted for a country influence on their latest album Lost Highway, which was recorded in Nashville, Tennessee and features a duet with LeAnn Rimes. He adds, "It's important we experiment. Without experimentation there wouldn't be growth, and you risk becoming something of a nostalgia act, trying to repeat past successes."

contactmusic.com

Jon Bon Jovi is 'Tom Cruise' of music

BANG Showbiz

Jan. 2, 2008

The 45-year-old singer, who has sold more than 120 million albums with his band Bon Jovi, admits he is tired of being snubbed by award ceremonies - just like Hollywood star Tom.

Jon said, "I am the Elvis Costello of movies and Tom Cruise in my music.

I've been critically acclaimed in most of my TV and film work, but I didn't sell any movie tickets. And with the band, it's like Tom Cruise - I've had all the commercial success you could dream of, but hey, the guy still doesn't have an Oscar. What you gonna do?"

Jon also revealed he and his bandmates - guitarist Richie Sambora, 48, keyboard player Dave Bryan, 45, and drummer Tico Torres, 54 - plan to keep on rocking into their 60s, just like their idols The Rolling Stones.

Jon said, "I look at Mick Jagger, who I idolize, performing, and he still looks good, not just for a 64-year-old but as a performer. We're musicians, it's what we're built to do, and while we still sound good, then why not?"

BON JOVI CAUGHT UP IN SCHOOL SHOOTING DRAMA

BON JOVI were forced to scrap rehearsals for the start of their new U.S. tour over the weekend (15-17Feb08) after a school shooting tragedy brought Dekalb, Illinois to a standstill. The rockers kicked off their latest tour in Omaha, Nebraska on Monday night (18Feb08), but had no chance to stage a full production rehearsal, due to last week's (14Feb08) Northern Illinois University controversy. The group was on its way to Dekalb, where the rehearsals were scheduled to take place, when former student Steve Kazmierczak shot and killed five people, wounded more than a dozen others and then turned the gun on himself. Upon landing in Dekalb, frontman Jon Bon Jovi was alerted to the tragedy. He tells Billboard.com, "We didn't get any further than the airport. When we landed we were just told to get back on the plane and go home. "But our crew and the stage and everything was there. Once things settled down they just packed everything up and headed to Nebraska. What else can you do?" Bon Jovi admits he and his bandmates felt it only right not to make a fuss about contracted rehearsal space time at Northern Illinois University's Convocation Center - because so many local people were suffering. He adds, "It's a shocker, just

Bon Jovi Jokes About Sambora

Fox News

Rock legend Jon Bon Jovi and his talented team are part way through their world tour and finally hit the Californian coastline.

Pop Tarts attended the recent sell-out show at Orange County's Honda Center just days after Richie Sambora's DUI arrest, but while driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher (with his daughter reportedly in the car) is no laughing matter, Jon Bon Jovi found the light side.

"I love being back here, I love Orange County and driving up the coast — but maybe not as much as some people," Jon told the pumped-up crowd, motioning to Sambora.

Sambora pleaded no contest on Tuesday to driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher, and charges of endangering minors were dropped.

The spokesperson from the district attorney's office, however, told Pop Tarts that Sambora still could face up to six months in jail if convicted.

Richie Sambora: Condo Maniac

You thought Richie Sambora's recent DUI arrest was his biggest problem? Now he's doing gigs at condominiums. Sounds like he's not wanted dead or alive!

Sambora appeared at the Las Olas River House in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He used the downtime between Bon Jovi gigs (they are currently on tour) to play the highly-prestigious gig. Guess there were no mall openings yesterday.

Sambora was popped for DUI last month and pled no contest to driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher earlier this week. There had been reports that prosecutors were going to file child endangerment charges, but they never did.

Source: TMZ

Bon Jovi To Rock London

Bon Jovi are to play a residency at London's 02 arena next year.

The band - Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, David Bryan and Tico Torres - will kick off the run of shows in June 2010 as part of their 'The Circle Tour' which begins in the spring.

Although it is not yet known how many concerts the rockers will play it is believed the residency could rival Prince's mammoth 21-night stay in 2007.

Speaking on behalf of promoters AEG Live, Rob Hallett said: "Bon Jovi are probably the best live band in the world. This one could run and run."

Bon Jovi were the first act to play The 02 when it opened in June 2007 and are the first musicians to announce an extended string of concerts at the venue since Michael Jackson - who tragically died in June just weeks before his sold-out 50-night 'This Is It' residency was due to begin.

The band announced their world tour yesterday (22.10.09) during a concert at the grand opening of The New Meadowlands Stadium, in New Jersey - where they will play on May 26 and 27 - in front of over 5,000 fans.

Tickets go on sale on October 30 and are available from www.aeglive.co.uk.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Bon Jovi 'Hired Rock Psychiatrist'

Bon Jovi have revealed that they hired a rock psychiatrist to cement their relationship after a difficult tour in the early 1990s.

The 'Living On A Prayer' band made the revelation in a new documentary titled Bon Jovi: When We Were Beautiful, reports WENN.

Frontman Jon Bon Jovi said: "Aerosmith's manager... told us about this guy named Lou Cox; he had no ulterior motive, no commissions involved. He came in and got us to just speak better than anyone else could have.

"He was our saving grace and that was our big secret for years and years. Now Metallica made a movie [2004's Some Kind Of Monster] like that already and the Goo Goo Dolls went to a guy we sent them to."

Keyboard player David Bryan added: "I looked at it and said, 'F**king shrink, that's for sick people', but he was just trying to get everyone to communicate and that's what he did, and it really helped us to be honest enough to go on."

Drummer Tico Torres agreed: "He helped us a lot as a group, to be able to deal with each other. It was almost over."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Bon Jovi Infuriate Fans

Bon Jovi have been blasted for "ludicrous" ticket prices for their London residency.

The 'We Weren't Born to Follow' rockers are set to play a string of dates at the city's O2 Arena from June 7 2010, but fans are upset they will have to pay up to a staggering £1,300 to see their idols.

General admission to the shows costs £45 for the cheapest seats, rising to £200, while the price of the highest-banded premium tickets has led angry fans to call for a boycott of the concerts.

One wrote on the group's website: "I am going to stand up for what I believe in and use my earnings to feed my kids rather than lining some fat cat's pockets."

Another added: "After writing an album about the world's problems with the recession the prices are just a mockery."

Despite the complaints the band's initial five shows sold out in hours, and another nine dates in 'The Circle Tour' were subsequently added.

The high prices are in contrast to those sold by other stars for their dates at the venue.

Tickets for Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' 50-date residency cost £50 to £75, with a corporate package charged at £7900.

In June, unsold VIP Britney Spears tickets with a face value of £100 were sold off at £2 each to fill up the arena.

Meanwhile, Bon Jovi performed on UK TV talent show 'The X Factor' last night (01.11.09), where lead singer Jon Bon Jovi reportedly made some unusual backstage demands.

A source said: "Jon made a big deal about his loo seat. He wanted it to be a brand new seat and his people said he wanted to see it before it was fitted upon his arrival at the studios."

The band will complete a world tour in 2010, in support of their latest album 'The Circle'.

Source monstersandcritics.com