Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jerry O'Connell & Rebecca Romijn

(http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/oconnell%20fe...) Actor Jerry O'Connell ditched his initial plan to propose to his fiancee Rebecca Romijn in a sports stadium, because he feared getting rejected before thousands of spectators. The Kangaroo Jack star asked Romijn for her hand in marriage earlier this month (September 2005) in the New York City apartment he grew up in, after abandoning plans for a more grand proposal. He says, "It's kind of scary because you're popping the question, it's like a pop quiz, it's a surprise question. So when (I was) first planning it I was like, 'I'm gonna do it at a baseball game, I'm gonna do it at a Yankees game or Rebecca's from Berkeley, do it in Oakland.' "And then you realise, because you're popping the question, what if your significant other says no in front of 50,000 people? So I (opted) to do it very privately where if no happened I would be the only one who knew about it. It was just the two of us."

Posted Image

Sign No. 1 that this engagement could be brief: Rebecca Romijn, 32, and Jerry O'Connell, 31 (in Santa Monica on Sept. 10), already have his parents' blessing. "We are very happy," O'Connell's dad, Michael, told PEOPLE. Sign No. 2: Their year-long courtship was relatively fast for Romijn – she and John Stamos dated for four years before tying the knot in 1998 (they split in April 2004).

Posted Image

Sign No. 1 that this engagement could be brief: Rebecca Romijn, 32, and Jerry O'Connell, 31 (in Santa Monica on Sept. 10), already have his parents' blessing. "We are very happy," O'Connell's dad, Michael, told PEOPLE. Sign No. 2: Their year-long courtship was relatively fast for Romijn – she and John Stamos dated for four years before tying the knot in 1998 (they split in April 2004).

And sign #3 could be that it looks like there is a little baby in that tummy of hers.......

Posted Image

Jerry O'Connell shows off his puppy-dog eyes Sunday at Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times Halloween Carnival at Universal Studios Hollywood. "It is so hot, man," said the actor of his Clifford the Big Red Dog costume. "I'll never get a job as one of those characters at Disneyland."

What do you think this engagement is about? I'm sure she's queer... but not so sure about Jerry's status!

Posted Image

Together for more than a year, Rebecca Romijn, 33, and Jerry O'Connell, 31, showed off their laid-back love in Hawaii. The couple, who got engaged in September and have yet to set a date, "have a similar sense of humor and get along well," says O'Connell's dad, Michael. As for the future: "Next up is kids," O'Connell told PEOPLE last year.

(IN TOUCH Magazine) Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Romijn have hit an impasse while planning their upcoming wedding -- he wants a big bash while she wants a scaled-down affair. This will be Rebecca's second trip down the aisle, so she's leaning toward a low-key affair -- she'd even like to elope. But Jerry's never been married, so he wants the whole nine yards. "Jerry really wants a fantasy wedding, while Rebecca would be satisfied with a beach bash with just family," the insider says. One of Rebecca and Jerry's friends says they are trying to work out their differences because "they're just so in love!"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I sense a statement from their publicists is forthcoming.....

Edited by TubaGirl

Did these 2 get married last nite like tabs reported or are they broken up?

Jerry and Rebecca? Or Charlie and Sarah(?)?I haven't heard of any of them getting to 1 of the others. Although there's that rumor about Jerry and Charlie that creeps me out too much to think about..... :(

She is looking way better...she definitely lost weight. I think she is the exact same age as me. Jenny McCarthy is a day older than me I think. We should all hang out and go clubbin'

Stamos and Romijn Break-Up "Outed by Tabloids" Actress Rebecca Romijn was forced to go public about her marriage break-up with John Stamos after the tabloids broke news of the split. The couple split-up after six years of marriage and the news broke the day before the actress walked the red carpet for the 2004 premiere of her film The Punisher. She explains, "We just got outed (by the tabloids). We had split up quite a while before, but John and I had decided we were just going to keep it between us because we had work to do and I didn't want to be dealing with all that. But we were forced to come clean, so I put on a brave face." The Pepper Dennis star slams reports that the couple split because Stamos wanted children and she didn't. The 33-year-old beauty adds, "Whether or not I wanted to have kids had nothing to do with it. We were together for 10 years, and the reasons (for the divorce) are complicated. I can't wait to have kids. I'm at the point in my life where when I see a pregnant woman, I get tears in my eyes."

Cover story on her in this month's In Style made her seem kinda quirky and likeable. The whole Jerry O'Connell thing throws me, though. He seems like kind of a schmuck for some reason.

He's prettier than she is. Her chin is SOOOO square. I was mesmerized by it on Pepper Dennis last night (my husband's gaze was somewhat lower....)