Sign in to follow this  
princess

Corey Haim

Haim's Drug Abuse Shocked Doctors

imdb.cm

The Lost Boys star Corey Haim shocked doctors with the gargantuan quantity of drugs he was consuming during his career heyday in the late 1980s. Haim took so many illegal substances - including "about 85" valium tablets a day - he became a "nervous wreck". The 32-year-old says, "I was working on Lost Boys when I smoked my first joint. But a year before that I was starting to drink beer on the set of the film Lucas. I lived in Los Angeles in the '80s, which was not the best place to be. I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack. I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much. And that was just the valium - I'm not talking about the other pills I went through." The child star attempted rehab 15 times before he suffered a stroke. He explains, "I was numb and I had lots of swollen lymph nodes, my heart was hurting and I had blood clots in my arm and leg." The actor, who is hoping for a Hollywood comeback, adds, "I'm clean, sober, humble and happy." Haim was recently immortalized in the title of The Thrills' new single "Whatever Happened To Corey Haim?"

popbitch.comTHRILLS Whatever Happened to Corey HaimCorey can soon be seen in Universal Groove, a movie about the underground party scene.

Another Corey Haim PhotoPosted in :: Star Photosgossiplist.comHere's a Corey Haim photo from a few years agotaken when he was selling hair and teeth on Ebay!

popbitch.com >> Things to make you go hmmn <<O Zone, Northern Line, Elk The Thrills asked, What ever happened to Corey Haim? Well, he's living with his mum in Toronto, was dumped by his agent so has been applying for jobs at Baskin Robbins and HMV to help pay for his drug habit. Unfortunately he was turned down by both. One reader claims Corey was offering a night with him to fans on ebay.

http://www.pulse24.com/Showbiz/Top_Story/2...18-002/page.asp

In-Corey-igible

Posted Image

Even if you look at him really hard, it’s tough to recognize the current incarnation of Corey Haim.

The Canadian teen star hit it big down in Hollywood in the late 80s, with a string of movies designed to appeal to his peer group.

But that was then. And the Haim of today is almost an unrecognizable shadow of his former self.

He’s twice the size and twice the age. But the 33-year-old is also something else he wasn’t for a long time – clean and sober.

The former child star battled drug addiction and other demons, a common theme in the real life movie of those who hit it too big too soon.

“The only differences between now and, like, you know, 15 years ago, is I see clearer, I hear better, and I live better,” he observes. “I wouldn't change anything from the past, because I wouldn't be here talking to you right now. I'm so happy it happened.”

Haim is also happy about the sudden appearance of one his classic popcorn movies being released for the first time on DVD.

“License To Drive” featured the so-called two Coreys (Feldman, another troubled youth from the past) in a teen comedy that did big box office back in 1988.

But with just about everything ever made on celluloid being released on video, what took so long for this flick to hit the small screen?

“Well, you know, I guess there were certain movies that were, I don't know, one-hit wonders, blockbuster hits … It's a piece that just is timeless. It's just now a whole new generation of kids can watch it.”

As for his future? The blast from the past admits he still wants to act. “I'd like to do another 50 movies,” he concludes. “Yeah, it would be great.”

Even if you wouldn’t quite be able to place the face.

April 18, 2005

Well Im glad he is clean and sober but he needs to start working out if he wants to get his career back. He was such a cute kid in the 80's.......a lot of girls from my era liked him but I was more into the mature Duran Duran guys then but he was still a cute kid. He was in Lostboys which is a favorite 80's movie of mine. Its sad what he let him self go to.....he is only a year older than me.............He looks terrible in that hair/ teeth ebay picture too........skinny like a crack addict...........

Shared a smoke break with both Coreys a few years ago @ Comic Con, they were both VERY friendly (they started talking to me first), funny and nice. I didn't mention that I had both their pics pinned on my walls when I was a teenager :D Feldman looked just the same as he did when he was young, Haim had some weight on him but still good looking guy and same smile.

Corey Haim Really Needs A Job

Posted Image

Somebody give this methface a job. Poor Corey Haim took out a full-page ad in Variety begging for someone to hire his ass. I guess the checks from "The Two Coreys" aren't as wonderful as he would like them to be. Can't producers put together a "License to Drive Again" movie for him. They don't even have to release it. They just have to give him the money and go through the motions. That smile is making me laugh and cry at the same time.

I mean..Leonardo DiCaprio must need a new stand-in or something.

http://www.dlisted.com/

I saw him give a interview, with his Mom standing near by. He said for a while he became a male prostitute. It reminded me of that movie Less Than Zero.

I felt for Corey, well actually both Corey's. Their parents dumped them off in Hollywood, kids in a adult world and they supported their families.

Corey Haim Is Back, Ready To Make Amends, And Still Has Enough Money To Pay For An Ad In 'Variety' Begging For Work

Posted Image

Corey Haim is back, Hollywood, and he knows that he's let you down in the past by never realizing the tantalizing promise he displayed in License to Drive, Dream a Little Dream and Blown Away, but he's ready to get to work and heal the wounds caused by his long absence from your television and film sets.

Sure, The Two Coreys was picked up for a second season last week, but you know what? The superstardom afforded by headlining a basic cable reality hit is certainly nice (especially the insatiable A&E groupies), and the show's Corey-on-Corey conflicts have been well-written, but it's just no longer creatively fulfilling to keep playing this ne'er-do-well Haim character. So please, casting directors, nostalgia-obsessed network executives, and possibly insane foreign "producers" with millions of dollars to invest on the phoenix-like resurrection of their favorite 80s heartthrob, we beg of you: Let Corey show us all what he can do. Don't let all the money he spent on this nearly full-page ad in today's Variety go to waste.

Defamer

The add worked :huh:

Corey Haim Back in LOST BOYS 2

Original star returns alongside Frog Brothers.

For reasons left unsaid, the character of Sam Emerson (Corey Haim) is coming back for Lost Boys 2, reports Shock Til You Drop. Initially, his character was said to be returning in the sequel but was ultimately cut out of the script. Now, director P.J. Pesce is back behind the camera to shoot the new scenes between Sam and the Frog brothers (Corey Feldman & Jamison Newlander). The new shoots will not affect the summer DVD release plans for Warner Bros.

Combining previous reports, we have a Sutherland back in the villain role, the Frog brothers back, Sam back and rumors that the buffed-up "Beach Concert Star" (Timmy Cappello) is back. Now, if we get a transformation/sex montage with a choir singing "Thou shalt not fall" and a character saying "My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy!", the transportation back to 1987 will be complete.

Plot Summary: The sequel is set in the shady surf city of Luna Bay, California, where vampires quickly dispatch anyone who crosses their path. Into this dark world arrive Chris Emerson and his younger sister, Nicole. Having just lost their parents in a car accident, the siblings move in with their eccentric Aunt Jillian and become new prey for the locals' way of life. When Nicole unwittingly falls for a local vampire, Chris must locate and destroy the gang's lifeline before his sister's transformation is complete; to do this Chris finds himself relying on the expertise of none other than Edgar Frog (Corey Feldman). Subtle references to characters from the original film, and cameos from returning actors offer homage to the Lost Boys legend and set a sinister tone of impending doom.

For reasons left unsaid, the character of Sam Emerson (Corey Haim) is coming back for Lost Boys 2, reports Shock Til You Drop. Initially, his character was said to be returning in the sequel but was ultimately cut out of the script. Now, director P.J. Pesce is back behind the camera to shoot the new scenes between Sam and the Frog brothers (Corey Feldman & Jamison Newlander). The new shoots will not affect the summer DVD release plans for Warner Bros.

Combining previous reports, we have a Sutherland back in the villain role, the Frog brothers back, Sam back and rumors that the buffed-up "Beach Concert Star" (Timmy Cappello) is back. Now, if we get a transformation/sex montage with a choir singing "Thou shalt not fall" and a character saying "My own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy!", the transportation back to 1987 will be complete.

Plot Summary: The sequel is set in the shady surf city of Luna Bay, California, where vampires quickly dispatch anyone who crosses their path. Into this dark world arrive Chris Emerson and his younger sister, Nicole. Having just lost their parents in a car accident, the siblings move in with their eccentric Aunt Jillian and become new prey for the locals' way of life. When Nicole unwittingly falls for a local vampire, Chris must locate and destroy the gang's lifeline before his sister's transformation is complete; to do this Chris finds himself relying on the expertise of none other than Edgar Frog (Corey Feldman). Subtle references to characters from the original film, and cameos from returning actors offer homage to the Lost Boys legend and set a sinister tone of impending doom.

Straight to DVD ? Oh dear.

Straight to DVD ? Oh dear.

I'd like to see him get a job, I'd like someone to give him a chance but if they do you have to wonder if he will he go back to drugs once he gets the money. It's sad to see someone just pee their life away.

Corey Haim is Getting Married!

Posted Image

Sorry ladies looks like Corey Haim is going to be off the market. I know most of you are crushed! The lucky lady is Tiffany Shepis! Corey and Tiffany first met 12 years ago while Corey was on set filming Fever Lake. They recently reunited at the Chiller Theatre autograph show and the rest is history. The wedding has been set for May 9, 2009!

Actor Corey Haim is dead at 38

LOS ANGELES -- Actor Corey Haim has died at the age of 38, the Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed to KTLA.

Haim died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an apparent accidental overdose, according to the LAPD's North Hollywood Division.

He was found unresponsive inside an Oakwood apartment, between Burbank and the Hollywood Hills, police said.

His mother was at the home at the time.

The actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, police said.

Haim was a teen heartthrob in the 80s and appeared in several movies, including "The Lost Boys" along with fellow teen idol Corey Feldman.

Both actors appeared together on the A&E show "The Two Coreys," which aired from 2007 to 2008.

Haim was nominated for a Viewer's Choice Award at the 22nd Annual Gemini Awards in Canada for his role on the show.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ktla-...0,1628364.story

As soon as I saw his name at the top of the list I just knew what it would say. So sad. Hopefully the other Cory is doing better!

As soon as I saw his name at the top of the list I just knew what it would say. So sad. Hopefully the other Cory is doing better!

Me too, so sad :(

people.com

...An autopsy will likely be performed Thursday, according to MacWillie.

Haim was found unresponsive at his mother's Burbank-area apartment.

Police Sgt. Michael Kammert said there was no evidence of foul play.

Police Sgt. William Mann told the Associated Press that the actor suffered with flu-like symptoms before his death and had obtained over-the-counter and prescription medications. "He could have succumbed to whatever [illness] he had, or it could have been drugs. Who knows?" said Mann. "He has had a drug problem in the past." ....

Posted Image

people.com

Corey Haim's Final Moments: Dizzy, Stumbling with Flu Symptoms

By Ken Lee

Wednesday March 10, 2010 12:45 PM EST

Corey Haim had been suffering from flu-like symptoms for several days before finally stumbling in front of his mother at her Los Angeles apartment early Wednesday morning, a coroner spokesman confirms.

"Some time after midnight, he got up, he was dizzy and unsteady on his feet and knelt down," L.A. County Coroner Assistant Chief Ed Winter tells PEOPLE. "His mom helped him to a bed and he became unresponsive in about a minute or so. She dialed 911 and he was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 2:15 a.m."

The death of the former '80s heartthrob at age 38 has been ruled inconclusive pending an autopsy and toxicology test. But Winter says, "LAPD believes it was a possible drug overdose."

Haim had been living with her mother as she battled cancer, Judy Haim tells RadarOnline. “I am a cancer victim and Corey was helping me at home,” she said. “He was a good boy. I’m devastated by his death.”

Winter confirms that four prescription medication bottles were found in the home in Corey Haim's name. Winter wouldn't verify what drugs they were, though he says no illegal drugs were found.

Haim's mother told investigators that her son "had problems with prescription meds and that he had been in rehab on and off over the years," Winter says.