Sign in to follow this  
princess

Milla Jovovich

You know how Halle Berry makes pregnancy sound like it’s all sweetness and light? Like morning sickness is awesome, and chimichanga cravings are the height of happiness? Well Milla Jovovich is the flipside to all that happiness. The model and actress has had some incredibly frightening cravings since getting pregnant.

Pregnant Milla Jovovich has been craving bone marrow. The ‘Resident Evil’ actress - who has gained 70lbs since falling pregnant with her first child with fiancé director Paul W.S. Anderson - was in Paris when she experienced an overwhelming desire for “the leg of a cow”.

She told Britain’s Grazia magazine: “I was craving bone marrow one day, and I scoured the whole of Paris searching for the leg of a cow. When I finally found what I was looking for, I cut it in half, digging out the yellowish substance, slathering it all over bread.”

The Ukrainian model, who is expecting a girl, has developed a new relationship with food since falling pregnant. She said: “Before I got pregnant, I really didn’t care about food. I saw it as fuel, not something to sit down and enjoy. As an actress and model, I lived on cigarettes and coffee, and jet-lag tended to kill off any appetite I had. My diet for most of this year has been - for breakfast, four eggs with bacon, toast and butter, if I was at home. Then if I was at a diner, I’d have a Mexican omelet, a stack of pancakes and strawberry milkshake.

“I’d stuff myself with cookies all morning - whatever was in the cupboard really - then I’d have a box of Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert. And I once ate two whole packs of coffee cake in one sitting!”

[From Hollywood Rag]

That is truly disgusting. I had a pregnant friend who craved sea sponges. I don’t think she ever gave into it (at least as far as she would admit) but she told me that she had to take the sponges out of her shower because she wanted to eat them so badly. Yeah, bone marrow is bad, but sponges are just f*** up.

celebitchy

A lot of people like bone marrow. It's tres gourmet :D

Plus, pregnant women cravings--all sorts of weird stuff, much of it inedible (unlike bone marrow) So, you know, whatever floats your boat.

I'm just scared to think what's going to happen once she's had the baby and has to lose the weight.....

It's a Girl for Milla Jovovich

It's a girl for Milla Jovovich and her fiance, Paul Anderson, the producer of her "Resident Evil" film franchise.

Jovovich gave birth to Ever Gabo Anderson on Saturday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, Jovovich's publicist, Laura Bass, said Sunday.

The couple met when he directed her in the 2002 action horror flick "Resident Evil." She also starred in the film's two sequels, which Anderson wrote and produced.

Jovovich, 31, was previously married to actor Shawn Andrews and French filmmaker Luc Besson, who directed her in "The Fifth Element." (AP)

Ever Gabo Anderson

Huh. Will they have a second and name it "Never"?

"Never! Ever! Stop it right now!" That could get confusing.

:D :D :D

Enormous Milla Jovovich is no more - as the new mum regains her slimline figure

Last updated at 10:55am on 15th January 2008

Actress and fashion designer Milla Jovovich famously gained a whopping 5 stone in just four months while pregnant earning her the nickname 'enormous Milla'.

But just two months after giving birth to daughter Ever Gabo Anderson, the excess weight has already melted away.

Former model Milla, seen leaving Ago's restaurant in Hollywood, looked back to her slimline best in a body-skimming black ruffled minidress paired with fashionable opaque tights and heels.

Posted Image

Back to normal: Milla Jovovich revealed her slimline figure just two months after giving birth to daughter Ever Gabo

Milla and her film director fiance Paul Anderson welcomed their daughter Ever Gabo J. Anderson on the 3rd November 2007.

But while pregnant, the actress appeared to be overtaken by her enormous baby bump.

Before giving birth, Milla revealed that she had given into her pregnancy cravings and in fact welcomed her changing body shape.

At the time she wrote on her website: "I am so huge you guys! I've gained almost 70 pounds (5st) in the last 4 months!

Posted Image

Enormous Milla: The actress, pictured in November last year, revealed she succumbed to cravings for bagels, peanut butter and Krispy Kreme donuts, and gained a huge 5 stone in four months

"It's unbelievable how quickly it all happened, all I did was eat three bagels every morning with butter, peanut butter and jelly all over them, a few boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts for lunch and boom! I'm tipping the scale at 195!

"Man, that came out of nowhere! Well maybe not completely out of nowhere!".

The actress has obviously worked hard to regain her svelte figure in such a short period of time.

And clearly having to turn up at a film set provides plenty of motivation, as Milla is set to begin pre-production on new film "Azazel" this month, which is due for release next year.

Milla met fiance Anderson when he directed her in the 2002 action horror flick Resident Evil.

She also starred in the film's two sequels, which Anderson wrote and produced.

Jovovich, 31, was previously married to actor Shawn Andrews and French filmmaker Luc Besson, who directed her in The Fifth Element.

Mischa and Milla Do Fashion Week 80s Style

Posted Image

Mischa Barton and Milla Jovovich mugged for the camera at the Lou Doillon Party for Lee Cooper in Paris yesterday before hitting up the Miu Miu show today as part of Paris Fashion Week. Don't both girls look 80s-tastic with their off-the-shoulder and brightly colored outfits? And doesn't Mischa just look thrilled to be there? Smile! Milla may be partying it up fashion-style overseas but back in the states it was a big weekend — her Jovovich-Hawk line for Target officially hit stores.

Milla Jovovich and Kiele Sanchez join Steve Zahn and Timothy Olyphant in writer-director David Twohy's thriller ''A Perfect Getaway''

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) – Milla Jovovich and Kiele Sanchez (Lost) have joined Timothy Olyphant and Steve Zahn in Relativity Media's thriller A Perfect Getaway, from writer-director David Twohy (The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black). The story is about a newlywed couple (Jovovich and Zahn) on their honeymoon in Hawaii when they meet another couple (Olyphant and Sanchez) who turn out to be vicious killers. Production is set to start on March 31. Sanchez is best known for her role as Nikki on last season's Lost. She recently finished shooting on the horror thriller Insanitarium. Jovovich is the star of the Resident Evil movies. She is also attached to star in the Paul Verhoeven-directed crime drama Azazel, based on Russian novelist Boris Akunin's book about a young investigator with the Moscow police who gets entangled in an international conspiracy. Shooting on that project, previously postponed due to Jovovich's pregnancy last year, is set to start this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)

Milla Jovovich and Kiele Sanchez join Steve Zahn and Timothy Olyphant in writer-director David Twohy's thriller ''A Perfect Getaway''

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) – Milla Jovovich and Kiele Sanchez (Lost) have joined Timothy Olyphant and Steve Zahn in Relativity Media's thriller A Perfect Getaway, from writer-director David Twohy (The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black). The story is about a newlywed couple (Jovovich and Zahn) on their honeymoon in Hawaii when they meet another couple (Olyphant and Sanchez) who turn out to be vicious killers. Production is set to start on March 31. Sanchez is best known for her role as Nikki on last season's Lost. She recently finished shooting on the horror thriller Insanitarium. Jovovich is the star of the Resident Evil movies. She is also attached to star in the Paul Verhoeven-directed crime drama Azazel, based on Russian novelist Boris Akunin's book about a young investigator with the Moscow police who gets entangled in an international conspiracy. Shooting on that project, previously postponed due to Jovovich's pregnancy last year, is set to start this summer. (Hollywood Reporter)

Ooh! I don't know the Lost chick, because I don't watch Lost but the rest of the cast and the scary-murderers plot line look pretty fab to me.

I've loved Tim Olyphant since The Girl Next Door in which he was incredibly funny. And evil. I kept waiting for him to let loose in the latest Die Hard (which I kinda liked) but they kept him buttoned down for the most part. He gives great crazy/scary/funny. He was majorly buttoned down in Deadwood but I love, love, loved that series anyway.

Anyway, I will now be looking forward to this flick. I like Jovovich and Steve Zahn is always worth the price of admission.

Edited by hedda_louella

I don't watch Lost but I liked Sanchez on that short lived sitcom with Jennifer Esposito a couple years ago--cute & funny!

Milla Jovovich looks for clues in Alaska thriller

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Milla Jovovich will star in "The 4th Kind," a fact-based thriller set in Alaska.

Although details are being kept under wraps, it concerns an ongoing unsolved mystery in which one town has seen an extraordinary number of unexplained disappearances during the past 40 years and there are accusations of a federal cover-up.

Jovovich's character investigates the disappearances.

A late-June start is being eyed. The Gold Circle Films project marks the feature directing debut of Olatunde Osunsanmi, who also wrote the script.

Jovovich, star of the "Resident Evil" zombie movies, is in production on "A Perfect Getaway."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Model-actress Milla Jovovich along with her fiancé , Paul Anderson, and daughter Ever Gabo Jovovich Anderson are spotted at LAX.

Posted Image

Cute baby and I like Jovovich but - once again - if it's bright enough to require giant sunglasses your baby needs to be wearing a HAT. What is it with these celebs and neglecting proper head-wear for their spawn? It is bugging the crap out of me.

I don't even have any kids and I know better than to take babies in the bright sun without a hat. It's summer in L.A. you morons - get a clue.

What is it with these celebs and neglecting proper head-wear for their spawn? It is bugging the crap out of me.

I don't think it's just celebs, hedda. Whatever my shortcomings as a parent--and I have many--I've always been a stickler about properly attiring my kid for the weather. Sun hats in the sun, warm hats and a good coat in the cold, raincoat and boots in the rain, shoes he can actually play in w/out breaking his neck, etc. This doesn't mean that I overprotect him--when he's covered in mud and paint and marker and has scraped or bruised himself once or twice, I know he's had a good day of hard playing.

But I think I must just be super old-fashioned. Everywhere I go, I see kids who aren't dressed for the elements. They're just totally exposed. I'll never understand it.

And it's the exact logical problem you're pointing out that really gets to me ... the parents protect themselves but not their kids. Whuzzat all about? If a grownup is cold or hot or blinded by the sun, it stands to reason that a human infant or child will be, too. But it seems like some people cannot extend their awareness to their kids' bodily needs. It's just common-sense stuff, but I guess sense is in short supply.

Example: I have some family friends--smart people, actually--who used to visit us with their son who was then one and a half or two. Once, we went into a FRIGID air-conditioned cafe, and the kid was wearing a thin cotton onesie, and that's it--no shoes, no socks, no hat, no jacket. Any living being dressed that way in that building would've been freezing. So in as inoffensive a way as possible, I asked if they would like to borrow one of my child's jackets or blankets, since the restaurant was so cold. (They were traveling, so it was pretty easy to ask in an innocent way.) But the dad was like, "No, he doesn't need it. He always feels warm." Good Lord. I guess it'd never occurred to the guy that the poor kid felt warm to the touch all the time because he was losing all his body heat. Sadness for the kid.

But I think I must just be super old-fashioned. Everywhere I go, I see kids who aren't dressed for the elements. They're just totally exposed. I'll never understand it.

Good point! It's not just celebs, it's everywhere. I can't go to Von's without seeing some kid inappropriately attired for the season or weather.

I join you in old-fogeyness on this issue. Even as an aunt or sitter for friends' kids - if we go out and it's chilly, they have to bring a jacket and put it on when told to do so. No socks, no shoes, no shirt - guess what? We're not going anywhere until the kid gets the proper gear on.

Your point about the cafe is also well taken. With babies, you throw a few items in the bag along with the rest of their gear so you're covered for whatever comes up. They're tiny little scraps of fabric - what's the big deal? It does, however, require that you take what is actually going on with kids into account - not just what you, as an adult, want/need to do.

It's so strange to me that they don't even notice. You can immediately see babies pulling away from the bright sun. They don't like it, it bothers them, they need a friggin' HAT. If they are hat-phobic and I've known some babies who are, they need to be in a stroller with a shade cover.

You're right - it's common sense which is unfortunately uncommon.

They may need a hat........... but ever try keeping one on a little one? My kids all thought the caps were chew toys. Brats <_<

Milla Jovovich's Intergalactic Diet

Milla Jovovich worked like "a crazy alien" to lose her baby weight.

The model-and-actress - who has 16-month-old daughter Ever Gabo with her fiance Paul Anderson - put on 70lbs while pregnant and admits she found it hard to get back into shape.

She said: "Diet and lots of exercise, I worked my big, little butt off. I do want another baby but not for a little bit. I've only just lost all the weight so I want to enjoy my old body for a while before I have to become a crazy alien again."

Milla enlisted the help of renowned Hollywood trainer Harley Pasternak to shed the weight, but admits she found the strict diet plan tough.

The 33-year-old beauty added to Fox News: "It's been a lot of work and I've been working with Harley Pasternak and his 5-Factor programme, they actually have diet food sent to my house. At one point I just ate oatmeal, salmon and artichokes everyday for a week. It was definitely a lot easier putting it on!"

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Milla Jovovich's Work Bonus

Milla Jovovich's main priority is her family.

The 'Resident Evil' actress insists she no longer worries if she is turned down for acting roles because husband Paul WS Anderson and daughter Ever, two, are her focus.

She said: "Even if I don't get the job, I know I'm going to be really busy at home.

"Now it's all about my baby, her growing up well and getting everything she needs. Everything else is just a plus."

The 33-year-old model also said becoming a mother has curbed her feelings of self-doubt.

She explained: "Before you have kids, you create so many problems that are centred in yourself.

"You're thinking, 'Am I ready for this audition? Am I good enough?'"

The actress - who is currently filming 'Resident Evil: Afterlife' in Canada - admitted she was so loving being a mom that she planned to grill her daughter over every detail of her life in order to stay in the loop.

She added to Parade magazine: "I know when Ever goes to school I'll be letting my little bird go, but I just want to make sure she tells me everything that happened, good or bad."

Source contactmusic

Milla Jovovich Not Keen on 3-D

MILLA Jovovich says it’s “hard” for her to make movies in 3-D — because she tends to “gesticulate” when she talks.

The actress has revealed how she had to rein-in her body movements while filming the new Resident Evil movie because of the problem they caused with the new-fangled 3-D cameras.

“I do tend to gesticulate a lot when I talk but you just can’t do that when you’re shooting in 3-D because every movement is magnified,” explains Mila. “It took a lot of effort for me to keep still.

“Also, the cameras are so heavy and take so long to set up, there was a lot of waiting around. So it was all very hard for me.”

Milla — who gave birth to daughter Ever in November 2007 — recently revealed how she has a more relaxed approach to her career since becoming a mom.

“She’s the biggest single teacher in the world for me,” she said in August last year. “When you have a baby, the baby becomes so important that only really tangible problems become important rather than all these emotional concerns that you have before.

“Pre-children you create so many problems for yourself, like, ‘Am I ready for this audition?’ and you fret loads about whether you’re good enough, but now I have Ever, it’s not such a big deal.

“Even if I don’t get the job, I know I’m going to be really busy as a mum. And even if I didn’t do another film again, being a mum is a full-time job.”

Source showbizspy.com