princess

Jada Pinkett-Smith & Will Smith

Will Smith Gets £7k Live 8 Goody bag July 10, 2005, 10:31:20 WILL SMITH ACCEPTS CONTROVERSIAL LIVE 8 GIFTS WILL SMITH has sparked controversy by accepting a $12,749 (£7,000) goody bag for appearing at Saturday's (02JUL05) Live 8 concert in Philadelphia. The Hollywood actor, STEVIE WONDER and BON JOVI enjoyed a backstage gourmet menu of crispy calamari salad and salmon sushi whilst appearing at the American charity event to end poverty in Africa. And the stars have been accused of undermining the concert's message, by going home with HUGO BOSS suits, watches, jewellery and guitars.

Will Smith's Wife Can Rock

Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith is the lead singer in the heavy rock band Wicked Wisdom.

You have to take a good look to realize it's her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image hehehe

ACK! should this be in the music category? sorry i'll move if needed..

Edited by krysbabe

NY DAILY NEWS/LLOYD GROVE...

Party?

What party?

Hollywood A-lister Will Smith wants the world to understand that he and

wife Jada Pinkett Smith never, ever planned a lavish New Year's Eve

celebration at their home to be paid for - to the tune of $625,000 - by

corporate sponsors.

"It's not his style," Smith's spokeswoman, PR doyenne Pat Kingsley :rolleyes: ,

told me yesterday, the same day word came that the Smiths had "pulled

the plug" on the event after Lowdown pronounced the cheapskate scheme

"tacky, tacky, tacky."

Kingsley added: "Will agrees with you - it would be tacky. ... When I

talked to him about it, he was, like, dumbfounded. I hate for Will to

be tarnished by somebody's exuberance in overstepping their bounds.

Because this guy is very careful about what he does and he keeps his

private life totally private. No one has ever been to his home

professionally."

That "exuberant somebody," in this case, is New York publicist and

celebrity wrangler Lori Levine.

This week Levine E-mailed a detailed pitch to company flacks on the

Smiths' alleged quest for "synergistic partnerships with select

corporate sponsors." Levine's E-mail gushed: "This exclusive occasion

offers your brand an opportunity to create and solidify unique

one-on-one relationships with Celebrities and key Hollywood influencers

in a relaxed and celebratory setting."

But yesterday, Kingsley insisted: "This would just never happen" - not

even to raise money for the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation.

"They work very hard for the charity, but it's always associated with

the work - like if there's a movie that can benefit the charity. But

they're not going to open up their home."

Flying Television's Levine, meanwhile, advised this column: "I have no

comment. Never E-mail me again - about anything."

Will Smith's Wife Can Rock

Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith is the lead singer in the heavy rock band Wicked Wisdom.

You have to take a good look to realize it's her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image hehehe

ACK! should this be in the music category? sorry i'll move if needed..

Now is it just me or did you sneak a picture of Rick James in there Krysbabe? :P

Will Smith thinks of everything.To congratulate his wife Jada Pinkett Smith on her band's final Ozzfest show, Smith reportedly filled a private plane with balloons and flowers and whisked her home. But that wasn't all. Pinkett Smith told Us, "And he had a van waiting to take the flowers and donate them to a children's hospital."

people.com

An identity thief who posed as Will Smith and ran up credit-card debts is headed back to prison for two years for violating probation, a Pittsburgh judge ruled Tuesday.

Senior U.S. District Judge Alan N. Bloch concluded that Carlos Lomax, 45, formerly of Duquesne, was "not amenable" to probation after he failed to rehabilitate himself and make restitution to his victims while on supervised release, U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan tells the Associated Press.

Lomax was sentenced to 37 months in prison – later reduced to 30 months – after pleading guilty to opening 14 bogus credit accounts at Pittsburgh-area stores using the identity of Willard C. Smith, the legal name of the 37-year-old Hitch star. Lomax was released from a halfway house in June.

Lomax has an earlier identity-theft conviction involving former Atlanta Hawks basketball player Steve Smith, now a TV commentator for the team.

Lomax was on probation after serving time for that crime after having run up $81,000 in American Express-card charges in the basketball player's name when he was arrested in the Will Smith case – for having charged nearly $33,000 on accounts he opened in Will Smith's name.

Bloch ordered Lomax to pay about $64,000, a sum that includes purchases Lomax made using Smith's name and that of a retired, unidentified pro football player.

Aishwarya Rai has hitch: Will Smith wants dates she has already committed ASSOCIATED PRESS NEW DELHI, March 27 — Here's the hitch — and it involves Will Smith: Aishwarya Rai has charmed the Hollywood actor, who wants her to appear in his new film. But Rai is busy on the dates he wants. Smith, 37, raved about Rai during his first visit to India last month. He wants her to shoot with him for three months starting in July — the same dates she has committed to Indian director Ashutosh Gowariker, the DNA newspaper reported Saturday. Gowariker is working on a period film, ''Jodha Akbar,'' the story of an arranged marriage between Emperor Akbar and his wife that later blossomed into love. ''We are in a bit of a situation. Aishwarya will obviously stick to her earlier commitment to 'Jodha Akbar' as she is very professional. But if she loses out on Will Smith's film, it would be a great loss. Let's see what happens. We're hoping for the best,'' Hari Singh, Rai's business manager, was quoted as saying. Smith has said he wanted Rai to star with him in the 2005 romantic comedy ''Hitch,'' but was told she was filming ''Bride & Prejudice.'' The newspaper said Rai planned to ask Gowariker to free her up on those dates, but that might not be possible because co-star Hrithik Roshan, a major Bollywood star, would also have to reschedule.

I don't know how many people know Aishwarya Rai...but personally, she's just coasting on her beauty (which is very exotic). She can't act. She can dance (which is a must for Indian movies). Other than that, all she's got going for her is the fact that she's absolutely beautiful.I saw the Will Smith stuff in India...they really seem to like him in India, which surprised me, because I didn't even know he was that popular there. I like Will Smith. There, I said it.

Exactly, Soho!He seems to be so gracious and nice to everyone and it doesn't seem to be all show like GMD. I really do think that he's extremely thankful that his fans gave him the success he now has.

He's totally for real. He is friendly and social and great to everyone he is working with. Usually with stars that big, the only way they will interact with you that much (if you aren't another major star or a director or something) is if they are trying to hit on you -_- (and I'm talking about whether you are male OR female...LOL) But not with him - he is just so friendly to everyone while also being totally professional. You just get the impression he just really likes people and likes to be nice (and be the center of EVERYONE's attention, LOL). And it makes the filming run really smoothly.Also, he was CONSTANTLY talking to anyone who would listen about his wife and kids on the movie I was on, which was also very sweet. So even though this was awhile ago, I would definitely bet that he is still married.I really can't say enough great things about him. I loved him :wacko:

Edited by soho2chelsea

I've heard a lot of people say the same thing about him, so you didn't just catch him in a good mood that day/movie. :)

There is already a Wll Smith thread, so maybe Princess could be a princess and merge this new thread so we don't get confused??

I've heard a lot of people say the same thing about him, so you didn't just catch him in a good mood that day/movie. :)

Yay! I am glad. I always worry b/c I am cynical since I have so often had the opposite experience. But with him, I was there awhile and it really did seem genuine, so it is good to hear.

When he was in India, I watched some of the shows he was on, one of which was the Bollywood Oscars type of awards show...He just seemed so genuinely excited to be in India and was so happy that they were just trying to show him a good time. Very cool and very chill...Kind of OT: But Sharon Stone had made an appearance too and she acted the same way. Maybe she was hopped up on drugs or something...but she seems nice to me.

I don't know how many people know Aishwarya Rai...but personally, she's just coasting on her beauty (which is very exotic). She can't act. She can dance (which is a must for Indian movies). Other than that, all she's got going for her is the fact that she's absolutely beautiful.

Aishu came to fame via her Miss World title. And if you get me started on who can't act, I'll hog the board until kingdom come ;)

I saw the Will Smith stuff in India...they really seem to like him in India, which surprised me, because I didn't even know he was that popular there. I like Will Smith. There, I said it.

Like soho, I've found Will Smith to be a genuinely friendly, nice, and professional guy. There don't seem to be that many around - that's why I didn't mind catering to his whims when I had to work with him because he didn't seem to take anything for granted, I had the impression that he really appreciated my work.

I don't know how many people know Aishwarya Rai...but personally, she's just coasting on her beauty (which is very exotic). She can't act. She can dance (which is a must for Indian movies). Other than that, all she's got going for her is the fact that she's absolutely beautiful.

I saw the Will Smith stuff in India...they really seem to like him in India, which surprised me, because I didn't even know he was that popular there.

I like Will Smith. There, I said it.

Ohhh...she's fine! :P I heard she made some controversy or something for kissing someone onscreen? Like a big ass no-no in Indian Cinema...

Posted Image

Who's Will Smith? :D

Freck, your like a dude? I thought you were a chick...LOL!

She is exceptionally beautiful. But she can't really act...as for the kissing stuff...well they're starting to open up in Bollywood which is a very good thing.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: India today is what America was in the fifties.

Aishwarya Rai:

Posted Image

and my favorite Indian actress, Rani Mukherji:

Posted Image

Will Smith Crashes Bar MitzvahThursday, April 20, 2006 6:50 PM EDTThe Associated PressJERUSALEM (AP) — He never got an invitation and he certainly didn't R.S.V.P., but that didn't stop Will Smith from crashing Atir Cohen's bar mitzvah at Jerusalem's Western Wall.Cohen, 13, was deep into his Torah reading Thursday when he heard shouting and saw girls pushing against the barrier separating men from women at the holy site to catch a glimpse of the Hollywood superstar."At first I didn't know who it was," Cohen said. Smith compensated for the interruption by shaking the bar mitzvah boy's hand and posing for a picture with him.Surrounded by a security detail, Smith approached the wall and put a note in the cracks in keeping with tradition.Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, then took a tour of an excavated tunnel alongside the wall. The tour leader was Shmuel Rabinovitch, chief rabbi of the holy site, who said the couple took notes and spent several minutes praying."He is a very nice man, he was very excited and showed his emotions," he said.Smith and his wife later visited the nearby Church of the Holy Sepulcher, built on the site where many Christians believe that Jesus was crucified.