princess

Star Jones

BGA won't just dump star because she won't have enough money for him. He'll also dump her because she will no longer have access to glamourous events and glamourous people. She'll just be hawking cheap shoes for Payless and that is not nearly swishy enough for our BGA.

I saw Star on ET last night and her head is the size of New Jersey. Literally.That woman has the biggest head I've ever seen on any woman.She's lost a gadzillion pounds and her shoulders are all wrinkly small but that head! Can't stand Rosie but she's right. Ain't no way Star lost all that weight dieting! NO WAY! :wacko:

I turned on the TV just as Star started her spiel. I couldn't believe it! Joy made some comment (I can't remember what it was). I thought it was all planned. Whoa. But good riddance. I think her "has been" career has begun. She does have a face for radio though.... ;)

Joy made some comment like, "I can't believe it!" It didn't sound very genuine, that's for sure.

Blondie, I"d PAY for that dream. It's a great one. What do you bet Star releases a statement saying that she decided to leave The View because she was on to bigger and better things...so to speak. (She can always go back to being a lawyer...maybe a public defender or something.) :D

No one better hire her. Can you imagine that woman in front of a jury? :D (i know she claims to have done it before as a prosecutor, but I bet she didn't go over well even then, and at this point....)

(no public defender's office would hire Star. their clients have enough problems without Star further alienating every prosecutor, judge and jury on the planet.)but oooh oooh oooh. they should make a reality show pitting all these former "lawyers" who are now celebrities against each other in some sort of courtroom competition. sort of like that failed "law firm" show but campier and uglier. Star Jones, Nancy Grace.... who else "used to be a lawyer" and yipes about it all the time? (ok, I know Nancy Grace probably was a pretty good lawyer, but I can't stand her pointy sour self).

I don't think Barbara Walters usually gets down in the mud, so she must have been pretty dang pissed off yesterday when Star pre-empted the "goodbye Star" party with a departure comments of her own. She's been REALLY fired as of today and Walters is now saying that people didn't like Star anymore and thought that her weight loss and icky wedding made her unlikeable "her poll numbers were WAY down". I could have told Walters that MONTHS ago. Star is gross. She lied about losing weight, she made a mockery of her wedding with the freebies and she married the gayest man next to TC. Good riddance to VERY ugly and idiotically vain rubbish.

Damn-I wish I'd seen it. I wonder if someone will have it up on youtube.I just looked on the ABC page, and they took her off already.

Edited by Persiaa

THIS IS THE CLIP FROM BABA WAWA, and it is funny....tvgasm added a passive aggressive meter....you can ignore it and just see the clip, however.Star was booted and we're glad

thanks for the clip - anyone have a clip of star making the announcement the day before? i can't seem to find one...eta: i actually just found one on youtube, although i could hardly hear what star was saying due to poor sound quality Edited by fykeylicious

I don't like Star, but I really liked her announcement on the View was great. It was well worded and I dont' think it made the show look bad at all. Being the nosy person I am, I'm glad that Barbara made a statement and that it is all coming out, rather than us all just guessing what is going on. I don't remember the last time there was a celebrity fight where people were open and honest in the public.

Lucky me ~ The first time I watch The View in months and months and I get to witness a glorious moment! I did figure it was a surprise simply in that Star took over the show to make herself the dramatic center of attention. She didn't even care that it took time away from their guests or the spotlight away from their guests. Star went out the way she was for 9 years ~ completely self-centered and full of herself. Good riddance to the woman!

I don't like Star, but I really liked her announcement on the View was great. It was well worded and I dont' think it made the show look bad at all. Being the nosy person I am, I'm glad that Barbara made a statement and that it is all coming out, rather than us all just guessing what is going on. I don't remember the last time there was a celebrity fight where people were open and honest in the public.

I kind of agree. Just read this thread again and didn't see that Star said anything horrible. Yes, it totally sucks that she made that announcement without warning anyone, but damn, canning her immediately and then that statement Barbara gave basically confirming that Star was fired was COLD.I won't lose any sleep over it, because I dislike Starzilla immensely, but dayumn. Edited by soho2chelsea

I thought Barbara was more pissed about her telling People magazine she was fired prior to making any announcement on TV. I didn't see the show, but I agree she did word her statement well. If she had let it go at that, there wouldn't have been a problem, IMO.

^^^Agreed. I think Barbara was more upset that Star made some comments to People. Her comments on Tuesday's show were nice but the ones she made to People were more argumentative and seemed to point the blame. The fact that she made her anouncement on Tuesday with no warning just so that she could catch them off guard and because she wanted to get the first word in before the People story broke is rather spiteful. She's known about this for a long time. Why not wait 2 more days to officially break the news, especially when that's what you'd been planning to do all along and ABC/the View was willing to back up whatever lie you wanted in order for you to save face? Nah. People was about to break the story, something needed to be said, and this way she got to do it on her terms.

Edited by Cutielb99

OOOH didn't realize that she told People BEFORE she went on the show. That does suck. Okay, Barbara's not quite as cold as I thought.

I'm assuming that's what happened... doesn't People typically go to press on Tuesdays? If so, the interview would have to have taken place before then if it is to appear in the issue that'll be on stands this Friday. In which case, Star had to say something on Tuesday's show if she wanted to get a word in before the news of her People interview broke!

I also think her timing was an annoyance by bringing it right up at the beginning of the show. How does a guest follow that? Every guest, beginning with Charles Gibson had to stop and discuss Star before going on to talking about themselves ~ tell me that self-centered "B" didn't know that would happen! And now she intends to play it out on the entertainment shows like she's a victim?! Star might have helped to make the show a success in its first few years, but I also think it can be stated that she singlehandedly almost killed this show off in the last few years with her need to be the center of attention. Add her to the spaceship with GMD and let's blast that sucker off! -_-

What happened in Stargate was this:ABC had been wanting Star out as of last fall, because her Q ratings were in the sewer. Barbara Walters went to bat with ABC to keep Star, asking them to give her time, that the audience would forget the wedding hell etc. The numbers did not bounce up as BW had hoped and the decision was made Star would not be coming back. BW kept fighting with ABC for Star, not wanting to a.) give up and b.) especially drop the bomb at a bad time (like when Star's book was coming out). At this point, Star was made aware of her situation--*before* Rosie was hired, according to ABC and BW. (Star has suggested she found out a day or two before Rosie, which BW has said repeatedly is a lie.) At the time, it was suggested to her that she find other employment and at the end of the season, they could then announce she was going on to great new projects. BW was especially wound up about "protecting Star" and not letting her be seen publicly as fired. At this point in time, she made repeated statements in the press about it being "Star's decision" to return in the fall--the idea being so that nobody would know Star's contract wasn't being renewed, so Star would come out publicly as a winner, not a firee. Okay, so fast-forward in time. It was agreed by all parties that they'd officially announce Star was going the last week of June, the Thursday of that week. On Tuesday of this week, Star went off-script and made an announcement that she was leaving the show. This bothered BW because a.) they'd agreed to do it Thursday, and by that time everyone--including Joy, Elisabeth--would know (nobody other than the producers, BW, and Star knew as of Tuesday), b.) BW was *still* trying to change ABC's minds, as of this 11th hour, so she felt hung out to dry by Star without warning making the announcement and c.) (the big one) without letting BW, ABC, etc., know, Star had done a pity-me story with People, saying she'd been cruelly fired, that she'd been blindsided by the news her contract wouldn't be picked up, that the shows about her wedding had brought in the biggest ratings so she *must* be popular, etc. It was transparently obvious to BW et al. that the reason Star decided to move up her "announcement" on the show was because the story would be out as of Tuesday afternoon, thanks to People's publishing schedule. And that was it. That's why BW feels "betrayed" (her words) and that Star chose to leave w/o dignity. In BW's mind, she's been fighting all year long to either keep Star or release her without the whole world knowing she'd been fired. Star sabotaged that effort, aired dirty laundry in public, and embarrassed Barbara Walters. This morning, either Star was informed that she should not come back to the View--ever--or Star refused to go in to work. Either way, ABC made the decision that Star was not welcome back. (She was supposed to leave in mid-July; they've fired her immediately, rather than let her work off her remaining days.) She was removed from the opening credits, removed from the Website, and BW went on, first thing, to announce Star was not welcome back at The View. That light you see on the horizon is a bridge being burned! And apparently it's all because Star couldn't wait 2 extra days to reveal her departure, and hold off on doing a People interview until she actually left the show/was about to leave the show.

Star might have helped to make the show a success in its first few years, but I also think it can be stated that she singlehandedly almost killed this show off in the last few years with her need to be the center of attention.

I loved The View for the first couple of years, but I quit watch because of Star -_- and because the women argue over each other. If I want to listen to a bunch of women bickering I'll go to family functions. :D

Star might have helped to make the show a success in its first few years, but I also think it can be stated that she singlehandedly almost killed this show off in the last few years with her need to be the center of attention.

I loved The View for the first couple of years, but I quit watch because of Star -_- and because the women argue over each other. If I want to listen to a bunch of women bickering I'll go to family functions. :D
EXACTLY.although i don't know why BW should feel Star embarrassed her; if anything, BW came off looking graceful and dignified. but i'm still glad star is gone.i've also seen several online news reports about the story --- and quite a few of them are using pics of "fat Star" which is just really funny to me :P