princess

Star Jones

Posted Image

After much hullabaloo, The View cohost Star Jones, 42, wed banker Al Reynolds, 34, in a posh New York City affair on Nov. 13. The bride, who says she's been planning her nuptials since childhood, wore a white Reem Acra strapless gown with a 27-foot train, had 12 bridesmaids and enlisted R&B diva Patti LaBelle to sing at the ceremony. "Every single wedding fantasy I ever had was fulfilled," Jones told PEOPLE. Among the 450 guests were Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Vivica A. Fox, Donald Trump and Barbara Walters.

NY Post Page Six

November 24, 2004 --  WE survived the wedding — next might come Star "Bridezilla" Jones's baby. The large and in-charge star of "The View" — who has never publicly admitted she had stomach-stapling surgery — has been losing the lard to improve her chances of conceiving with new hubby Al Reynolds. "Everyone assumed Star was dieting to become the perfect bride," an insider tells InTouch Weekly. "While that was a factor, she really wants a baby and knows her chances will improve with every pound lost." Jones' weight loss is for health reasons, said spokeswoman Jennifer Plante: "She's losing weight because she wants to be as healthy as she can be."

-_- Star, baby, if you want a child with that man, you better not use your turkey baster on the bird tomorrow.....if ya know what I'm sayin'.

Lawsuit Claims Star Jones Stiffed Gardener

Tuesday Dec 14, 2004 4:05pm EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

The honeymoon may be over for Star Jones Reynolds, as the bride of barely a month is being hit by critical bricks from two different directions.

First, the popular co-host of The View is being sued by a Manhattan nursery that claims she never paid a $7,189.20 bill after the company helped "beautify" her penthouse garden before it was photographed by Architectural Digest magazine, according to legal documents obtained by the Smoking Gun Web site.

Nursery owner Dimitrios Gatanas claims that originally he agreed to work on the garden for free provided the nursery got credited in Architectural Digest. When that didn't happen, the nursery issued a bill for its work. Gatanas told the Smoking Gun that instead of money, Jones offered his company a plaque with her picture on it. He declined.

Jones, according to the Web site, counters by saying that the garden was poorly built and damaged her condominium apartment with its leaks. Smoking Gun reports that Jones made her claim after Gatanas?s legal filing.

The talk show personality is also under fire from the activist group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "With the number of dead animals she wore at her wedding, it looked more like a funeral," PETA said of Jones?s splashy Nov. 13 event when she married banker Al Reynolds.

As such, PETA put the unabashed bride at the top of its Worst Dressed list for this year. Jones, 42, has made the PETA roster four years in a row. (Others on the new list: Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Lopez, Susan Lucci and Ashley Olsen.)

people.com

ALTERED: Star Jones Reynolds, who worked as an assistant district attorney for six years before turning to TV work in 1992, for the first time listed her profession as TV personality instead of attorney while filling out customs forms during a European trip. "I guess I've crossed over to the dark side," she tells the Associated Press. "It felt truthful. I'm sure it's strange for my father, who wants to know where all the money went for law school."

pagesixsixsix.comNow, on to the show. Have we got some juicy Star Jones tidbits for you.We are surprised to admit this, but Star looked good! She really has lost a lot of weight and looks quite fetching. We?ll give her props for that. Next time we balloon up to 300 lbs, we are sooooo getting our stomach stapled too!Though Star looked good, she was still bad as ever, at one point during the show claiming that because she has her day job at The View and is also doing red carpet coverage for E! that she has "18 jobs. I?m Jamaican," perpetuating an oh so lovely ethnic stereotype.The real tasty morsels came during the commercial breaks, when the audience was able to ask the hosts questions. Star seemed to receive the most attention, and all the women in the audience kept asking her to show off her ring. BARF!Star revealed to the audience that Big Gay Al is back in NY, but that his assistant called her and asked, ?Mrs. Reynolds, what is your favorite jewelry store in Los Angeles?,? and then she started to squeak like a pig. Al is joining his new bride this weekend for the Grammys, where she will be working the red carpet and moaning about the Glamazons. It?s good to know that Star doesn?t need her husband?s gay cock inside her vag, she?s much happier with a rock hard diamond.Also, Al has an assistant?? A guy we're sure!Someone in the audience asked Star if she really wears Payless shoes, to which she replied yes and announced that she is going to be coming out with her own line of Payless shoes, called ?Starlet,? which she promises are going to be great knock offs of all the designer shoes.Star also gave the ladies a sneak peak as to what she will be wearing at the Oscars, a blush/nude creation by Richard Tyler. Ewww. We don?t even want "the illusion" of Star naked!The newlywed admitted that she loves Los Angeles because she gets to go to The Ivy with all her ?girlfriends.? Double barf! And, she said she loves to shop at Saks Fifth Avenue ? you know, the one where Winona Ryder was arrested for shoplifting ? but that she only looks at the sale racks. Cheap ho!

Posted Image

Al Reynolds and Star Jones-Reynolds at the 11th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, California

Page SixIn other Grammy gossip:Star Jones Reynolds' coverage of red carpet arrivals for E! only got her so much juice at the Grammy after-parties. A music industry source tattled that Star "had her assistant call all the music labels and RSVP herself plus four guests. But the thing was, she wasn't invited. People had to call her back and tell her, 'Sorry, the party is only for artists and label executives.' " Star and her posse did manage to make it to the Sony BMG bash at the Roosevelt Hotel, where she shared a VIP room with Ricky Martin and Cyndi Lauper.

LOL about her not getting into the parties. Ugh. That is one woman who really gets on my nerves, and why was her gay husband standing behind her the whole time, on camera no less??

She probably was keeping him from wandering off with Usher or other "straight" entertainers. LOL! :D Welcome to the board, Bronx... :lol:

NY DAILY NEWS/RUSH AND MOLLOY....

Star Jones may have the red carpet pulled out from under her.

Insiders are buzzing that the E! network is unhappy with some of Miss

Jones' awards-show antics, which include wheedling celebrities to come

on her ABC show, "The View," and babbling about her lavish wedding

instead of focusing on the stars.

In a bizarre "Live From the Red Carpet" turn at the Grammys, Star's new

hubby, Al Reynolds, lurked behind her on the runway, taking no pains to

avoid being seen on camera.

While E! consistently beats a number of other awards preshows, Star's

Nielsen ratings at the Grammys were 40% below what Joan Rivers' were

the year before.

A rep for Jones said any talk of her and E! severing ties is

"ridiculous."

"Star loves E! and E! loves Star," spokeswoman Jen Plante said.

But it sounds like tough love at the entertainment network, and Star's

going to have to tiptoe on her Payless stilettos at the Oscars Sunday -

her last gig on her contract - if she wants to be reupped.

E! chief of development Jeff Shore told us: "We have her for 2005, and

we have the option for 2006. We're very happy with her, and she is

kicking Joan's a-. We'll take a look at the option after the Oscars."

Star Jones may have the red carpet pulled out from under her.

Insiders are buzzing that the E! network is unhappy with some of Miss

Jones' awards-show antics

Oh please, please, please get rid of her!! Hell, I could do a better job at it then her!!

But it sounds like tough love at the entertainment network, and Star's

going to have to tiptoe on her Payless stilettos at the Oscars Sunday -

her last gig on her contract - if she wants to be reupped.

If they renew her contract after this, I'll scream! I still can't find Joan and Melissa on TV Guide channel, TiVo can't find their names, and the channel I have just shows the regular TV Guide lineup. :angry:

Joan and Melissa are on the regular TV Guide channel. You should be able to flip over to it on Sunday and see their coverage. TV Guide even gets rids of the channel listings when they are on the red carpet.I have Dish tv and I believe the channel is 102

MSN.comStar's Shopping JonesStar Jones has dropped some major poundage, but is she still throwing her weight around? A former doorman at high-end department store Barneys complains to the New York Post that the freebie-favoring host of "The View" is responsible for his demotion to basement security guard.Employee Tyrone Harris tells the paper that Mrs. Al Reynolds has it in for him because she wrongly believes he was the mole responsible for tipping off pesky paparazzi to her arrival at the retailer on March 3.According to Harris, Star's driver pulled up to the front door of the store on the day in question and asked whether there were any snappers around. He answered in the affirmative and suggested using a side entrance. Alas, the ploy didn't work and photographers captured the fur-loving diva on film.Harris claims Jones later complained to Barneys that he alerted the lensmen to her whereabouts and warned she wouldn't shop there again unless he was fired."I thought I was doing her a favor, and she got my job," he tells the paper of losing his tip-heavy gig. Harris, who was hired by Barneys two years ago in the security department, said he was trying "to move ahead in life, not down. Right now, she just put me back down in the basement."A paparazzo confirms to the Post that Harris did not rat out Jones, who hasn't yet responded to the allegations.

people.com

PUNK'D: Star Jones Reynolds, 43, is keeping a sense of humor about a new ad campaign by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which features a 6'-tall drag queen named Flotilla DeBarge who's dressed to look like the View cohost. The "Fur is a Drag" ad will feature DeBarge wearing a fur-accented bridal gown splattered with blood. "As long as no laws are broken, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," Jones Reynolds said in a statement to the Associated Press. "I hope his hair and makeup look fabulous and he remembers to shave."

Posted Image