princess

Star Jones

NY Daily NewsApparently Star Jones still believes the best things in life are freebies.Lowdown hears that a rep for the handout-hungry co-hostess of ABC's "The View" recently called the Cornelia Day Spa and tried to wrangle an appointment for Star and hubby Al Reynolds, with the goal of celebrating their one-year wedding anniversary last weekend with some free, high-quality pampering.In exchange, the rep promised the midtown spa coverage in an upcoming OK! magazine fluff piece about how Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds spent their anniversary.But the posh facility found the offer eminently refusable.A Lowdown spy reports: "It was like a barter for being in the magazine, but Cornelia isn't desperate for press. And not only were they fully booked, but they were afraid of the backlash that people got for Star's wedding freebies."Jones earned a swag-a-riffic reputation - not to mention a wrist-slap from ABC - when she tried to get corporate sponsors to underwrite the expenses of her Waldorf-Astoria wedding reception, not to mention the bridesmaids' styling for the ceremony at St. Bartholomew's Church, in exchange for plugs on the show.Yesterday, Jones' publicist responded: "No complimentary services were requested on their behalf. We have receipts for the spa, florists, hotel and dinner. Once again, this is a misrepresentation of the truth."A spokeswoman for Cornelia told Lowdown: "We would have loved to accommodate Star and Al on such a special day, but unfortunately we have been booked solid, especially on Saturdays. We send them our warmest wishes and hope to pamper them both at Cornelia Day Resort sometime in the near future!"An OK! flack confirmed that the magazine was doing a story on their one-year anniversary and declined further comment. :rolleyes:

Just what would you call the expression on his face in that photo as he's being mounted?? Is he counting down the days til he can divorce her? The dollar signs?? I'm just wondering......

Page Six We Hear... . . THAT Star Jones' manly hubby, Al Reynolds, sang along to all the show tunes Robert De Niro's wife, Grace Hightower, belted out at the Operation Smile benefit at Café Carlyle . . .

Star Jones Getting Down @ Eva's (ANTM) B-day Party This is just so....wrong. :ph34r:

I don't care how straight you are, that could make a guy take the other bus across town.

Just what would you call the expression on his face in that photo as he's being mounted?? Is he counting down the days til he can divorce her? The dollar signs?? I'm just wondering......

I couldn't decide between he looks so bored he was going to fall asleep :( or if he looks like he is going to throw up. -_-

NY Daily News

Star says Reynolds'

wrap keeps things hot

Star Jones is fed up with those gay whispers about her husband, Al Reynolds.

In her new book, "Shine," the "View" hostess portrays the 35-year-old banker as nothing short of a superstud.

"The first time he held me in his arms sexually, it was almost frightening because we knew our erotic interest in each other could take over every other thing," Star writes breathlessly. "We had an intoxicatingly sexual connection the first two months of our relationship." Posted Image

So volcanic was their lust that they consulted their pastor, who advised them to remain celibate until their wedding.

"It wasn't an easy decision," recalls Star. "Al is a beautiful man. He's got the legs of a stallion. He'd be a perfect Ralph Lauren model."

If only those mischief-makers from Al's past would stop telling people like us about his bachelor days on Fire Island.

"One day, we would read in the press that Al was out gallivanting with a bunch of women," Star writes. "The next day, we'd read a story questioning his sexuality. I remember my husband saying to me, 'Baby, what am I today?' And me answering, 'Just who you were yesterday, baby.'" Star tells People magazine, where her book is excerpted, "I don't even deal with that question [of his sexual orientation]. … I know who my husband is."

She'd also rather not deal with questions about whether she had a gastric by-pass operation.

At her heaviest, she writes, "I started reading about different weight-loss plans, from pills to surgery."

She admits to People that "a medical intervention" helped her "jump-start" her 150-plus-pound loss, but she won't talk specifics.

"I will not be the poster child for a particular method," she says. "Only your doctor can tell you what will work for you." The 43-year-old Star reveals that she used to weigh more than 300 pounds. She won't divulge her current weight, but her husband says, "I think maybe the two-piece is coming out this summer!"

And, when it does, no doubt her loverman will be drawing the blinds.

justjarad.com

Monday, January 9

The Star Jones Blog Timeline

Star Jones Reynolds launched a (short-lived) blog last week to help promote her new book, Shine : A Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love. Readers were encouraged to "post questions and comments for BV Celebrity Blogger Star Jones between now and March 2006, when she ends the Shine book tour." The life of Star Jones's blog? Three days. Here's the breakdown --

Thursday, January 5, 8:47:26 PM EST

Star Jones launches her official blog, introduces the word hateration to her blog and lays the smackdown in her very first blog entry with "Star's Rules" --

RULE #1 :: Since you know who I am but I don't know who you are, I insist that you play fair. I don't do insults, mean-spirited comments or undue nastiness. If that's your thing...do it somewhere else. I will debate and discuss an issue with you but anything that falls under the category of pure hateration will just be deleted from my blog.

RULE #2 :: Please remember not to post on my blog in all caps; it's equivalent to screaming at someone. I'm new at this, but even I know that...so act like you know.

RULE #3 :: Try to keep track of the conversation. No reason to repeat what's already been said.

RULE #4 :: Don't use foul language; that will get you nowhere. If you're upset about something, please keep it clean. Otherwise your post will be deleted and I certainly won't respond.

Friday, January 6, ~10PM ::

Bloggers (specifically LiveJournal community OhNoTheyDidn't in "The Post," which has since been deleted) take notice of Star Jones' blog and post literally hundreds of comments and pictures. Star Jones (or her blog minions) takes immediate action, deleting 'hateration'-filled comments and banning users like excitabledude23 (this was one of the nicer comments left for Star) --

Posted Image

Star, you better warn Al [Reynolds] that the

authorities are after him for bestiality, there

are reports that he was seen kissing a gorilla.

Saturday, January 7, 12PM

Star Jones blogs a second entry addressing all of the aforementioned 'hateration' --

"See...I told you that I was new to this. Only I could already annoy the heck out of some people and I just got here. Anyway...I wasn't trying to tell you how to behave, I was telling you how I behave. You guys do you...just don't expect me to join in if your comments are hurtful or mean spirited."

Saturday, January 7, ~10PM

Star Jones deletes her blog, leaving readers with this -- "You Cannot Access This Private Journal. The AOL Journal you are trying to read has been restricted by the owner."

And thus marks the end of the road for the Star Jones blog. Goodbye Star, we will miss you! [sheds tear.] But like all webpages that fall to the wayside, screen captures always save the day! We will not forget you Star! You can bet that if the Star Jones blog is ever resurrected, it's certain that comments will be moderated. Ahem, ONTD. For more Star Jones than you (and your momma) can handle, visit StarJones.com and StarandAl.com, listen to the Star Jones podcast [mp3], watch videos (yes, videos) of Star Jones giving Sex & Love tips, or chat with Star Jones on her AIM screenname at "StarJRblogger". No joke, Star's online right now as I type this. But the last time I checked, she had her away message up!

Page SixJanuary 10, 2006 -- "THE View" co-host Star Jones may have sworn off Burger King, but when it comes to negotiating perks, she still has it her way. Publishing sources familiar with the newly svelte daytime diva's contract for "Shine," her recently released book about her "Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love," say the first-time author demanded and ultimately received an astronomical $85,000 budget to promote the sudsy self-helper - three times the amount allotted to Nicole Richie for her quasi-fictional debut, "The Truth About Diamonds." Though it's still too early to tell if the investment will pay off, one passage in Jones' book - described on the dust jacket as "laugh out loud" funny - already has the Web world in hysterics. Alongside makeup tips and weight loss advice, Jones offers an all-too-detailed answer to those who question her hubby Al Reynolds' robust heterosexuality. "The first time he held me in his arms sexually, it was almost frightening," Jones writes of Reynolds, who once famously attended a Fire Island beach party in his bachelor days wearing only a banana hammock. "We had an intoxicating sexual connection the first two months of our relationship." One particularly nasty reviewer on Amazon.com, where the book has been awarded two stars out of a possible five, suggests the following alternate title: "Swine: The Star Jones guide to being a self-deluded washed-up hag with a husband as straight as Tom Cruise is sane." Meanwhile, we also hear that Star's 35-year-old beefcake banker won't be her only companion as she traverses the country dispensing her special brand of womanly wisdom. In an almost unheard of move, sources say Jones's contract also stipulates that her publisher, ReganBooks, provide her with bodyguards at all of her public appearances - presumably to protect her from those gangs of surly soccer moms known to obsess over her every word. Asked about Jones's promotional budget, her rep at ReganBooks offered the following nondenial: "It's not true, but we would never comment on it if it was." And the security detail? "I've worked with a lot of lesser authors who had security and it would not be unusual for someone at her level."

... Asked about Jones's promotional budget, her rep at ReganBooks offered the following nondenial: "It's not true, but we would never comment on it if it was." And the security detail? "I've worked with a lot of lesser authors who had security and it would not be unusual for someone at her level."

I don't know how many times she has to show her face for those $ 85,000, it sounds indeed astronomical because they have to pay accommodation, transportation etc. on top. Usually an author gets about $ 2,000 per signing, more if it's a combined reading/signing appearance. The security thing is plausible, though.

I cannot believe the things that come out of this woman's mouth.NY Post

Yesterday, the co-host of "The View" told viewers that the war on terror was nothing more than a clash of male egos between President Bush and Osama bin Laden."You know what? At some point, one of these men has to put it back in his pants and zip up the zipper," she said during a discussion of bin Laden's latest audio tape

"Swine: The Star Jones guide to being a self-deluded washed-up hag with a husband as straight as Tom Cruise is sane."

I love that title, much more appropriate B)

"You know what? At some point, one of these men has to put it back in his pants and zip up the zipper," she said during a discussion of bin Laden's latest audio tape

Now she's trying to make us believe she knows what's behind a man's zipper? :D

Media Take Out has learned that Star Jones and Al Reynolds marriage may be on its last legs. Al Reynolds and Star Jones have been frantically touring the country to promote Star's new book, Shine. However, the busy schedule and pressure to sell books is taking its toll on the usually happy couple - causing them to fight constantly. According to sources close to the couple, this weekend the fighting exploded. A close friend to Ms. Jones says, "Star is so upset with Al that she's not even wearing her wedding ring." Media Take Out has confirmed that during today's taping of ABC's The View, Ms. Jones was NOT wearing her wedding ring. Developing...

"Star is so upset with Al that she's not even wearing her wedding ring."

What amuses me, not only in this case but in all the others out there too, is that celebs are so stupid. If I don't want the public to speculate, I keep my private life private, including wearing that ring in public until I've filed.

"Star is so upset with Al that she's not even wearing her wedding ring."

What amuses me, not only in this case but in all the others out there too, is that celebs are so stupid. If I don't want the public to speculate, I keep my private life private, including wearing that ring in public until I've filed.
Exactly! I would continue wearing the ring until I was positively sure I was through with my marriage. The celebs enjoy taunting and teasing, but then they get pissed when the media starts questioning their marriage status. <_< Edited by pitt-lover

Maybe she's just feeling bloated and her ring was too tight--I have those days! Doesn't mean anything is wrong with my marriage--just means I'm cranky and don't want anything on my fingers :lol: