Sign in to follow this  
princess

FAQ: Registration Features

To be able to use all the features on this board, you will need to register for a member account. Registration is free and only takes a moment to complete. ChitChat will not share your information with anyone, nor will we send you spam - promise!

During registration, you will need to supply a valid email address. This is important as you will need to validate your registration via an email. If your e-mail does not arrive, then on the member bar at the top of the page, there will be a link that will allow you to re-send the validation e-mail.

Once you have registered and logged in, you will have access to your personal messenger and your control panel. Be sure to also review our Code of Conduct for important tips on registration and posting.

A few of the benefits to having an account at ChitChat:

1. Get emailed when a new reply is added to an individual topic you're interested in. For instance, get emailed every time someone adds to the "Lost TV show Spoilers" thread. Have a favorite actor? Get an email every time someone posts in the "Keanu Reeves" thread.

This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

There are three ways to subscribe to a topic:

-- Click the 'Track This Topic' link at the top of the topic that you wish to track

-- On the posting screen when replying to or creating a topic, check the 'Enable email notification of replies?' checkbox

-- From the E-Mail settings section of your User CP (My Controls) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to

Please note that to avoid multiple emails being sent to your email address, you will only get one e-mail for each topic you are subscribed to until the next time you visit the board.

To unsubscribe from any topics that you are subscribed to - just go to the 'Subscriptions' section of 'My Controls' and you can do this from there.

2. Get emailed when a new thread is added to a forum you're interested in. For instance, get emailed every time a new Blind Item is added to the Blind Items forum.

You are also able to subscribe to each individual forum on the board, to be notified when a new topic is created in that particular forum. To enable this, click the 'Subscribe to this forum' link at the bottom of the forum that you wish to subscribe to.

To unsubscribe from any forums or topics that you are subscribed to - just go to the 'Subscriptions' section of 'My Controls' and you can do this from there.

3. Get emailed when big Hollywoods news & events happen. For big events - such as Michael Jackson verdict and Ben & Jen's wedding - ChitChat often sends out an email to our users so you can be the first to know. These notices will not be sent out on any kind of regular basis, only on news items we feel is BIG HOLLYWOOD NEWS, so you won't be getting them daily or even weekly. Should you decide to change your mind, you can always uncheck this option and stop getting the notices. In order to get email notify on big Hollywood news, you need to:

Go to "My Controls"

Click "Emails Settings"

Check the "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" option.

Save settings!

4. Personal Messenger.

Your personal messenger acts much like an email account in that you can send and receive messages from members of ChitChat and store messages in folders.