Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields and daughter Rowan in A&E adcelebritybabies.blogspot.comI saw this ad in one of my magazines but couldn't find if there was a Biography special on Brooke Shields on A&E in the near future. However, Brooke does star in "The Brook Ellison Story," an original A&E movie which airs Monday, October 25. As they say, check your local listings.Daugher Rowan Francis was born May 15, 2003. Brooke's husband is Chris Henchy, a film writer, who based the series "I'm With Her" on his marriage to Brooke. It may have never made it past the pilot because I can't recall ever having seen an ad for it.

post-5-1098115834.jpg

Shields Wants to Get Violent with Tarantino

imdb.com

Hollywood actress Brooke Shields would love to change her wholesome image by taking on a violent movie role - but only if Quentin Tarantino directs the film. The Blue Lagoon beauty would revel in the opportunity to dole out Kill Bill - style murders onscreen. She says of starring in a violent film, "I think if Tarantino directed it, yes. I would do it for him. I love that stuff but it has to be sort of so far gone, then you can kind of really play with it. I would trust him with something like that."

Brooke Shields Heading Home for Chicago

Monday Jul 11, 2005 8:45am EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Posted Image

Brooke Shields

CREDIT: GREGORY PACE/FILMMAGIC

Tom Cruise's sparring partner Brooke Shields is beefing up her resume, despite his comments about her having no career.

On Sept. 9 the actress is set to return to Broadway, this time in the long-running revival of Chicago, once her current run in the London version of the show comes to an end.

Shields, 40, plays Roxie Hart, the role of the merry murderess performed by Renee Zellweger in the 2002 Oscar-winning movie version.

The former Suddenly Susan star last appeared on the Great White Way last season, when she stepped into the role of writer Ruth Sherwood in the musical revival of Wonderful Town. She previously appeared as Rizzo in Grease, as Sally Bowles in Cabaret and in one of many roles in the off-Broadway show Exonerated.

Shields was back in the news a few weeks ago when she was criticized by Tom Cruise, who took issue with her having taken anti-depressants for post-natal depression after giving birth to daughter Rowan Francis in spring 2003.

"To suggest that I was wrong to take drugs to deal with my depression ... shows an utter lack of understanding about postpartum depression and childbirth in general," Shields responded in a New York Times essay. "If any good can come of Mr. Cruise's ridiculous rant, let's hope that it gives much-needed attention to a serious disease," she added.

As for another critical view of the actress, Variety had nothing but praise for her Chicago performance, which apparently fits her like a glove. In the trade paper's review, it said: "Shields sounds like the very vaudevillian Roxie has long dreamed of being, lacking only the cigar."

(People.com)Brooke Shields: I Want Another BabyBy Stephen M. Silverman Brooke Shields on Tuesday revisited her clash with Tom Cruise, discussing with Oprah Winfrey the issues of postpartum depression and how she faced them. Shields also revealed that she wants to have another baby. "I do. I've always wanted more than one child," she told Winfrey when asked about the idea of having more kids. In May, Shields, 40, revealed that she suffered postpartum depression after the birth two years ago of her daughter Rowan Francis and was "drowning in a pool of suicidal thoughts." But it was Shields's admission that she used antidepressants to deal with her problem that got her into a war of words with Cruise, who – while promoting his movie War of the Worlds – said of the actress: "I care about Brooke Shields because I think she is an incredibly talented women, (but) look at where has her career gone" and called her use of antidepressants "irresponsible." Of her decision to take medication, Shields told Winfrey Tuesday that it's a personal choice every woman has to make. "This was one plan of action that worked. … I feel good about the choices I made. These are choices I made in conjunction with my doctor." Cruise had also suggested that Shields could have dealt with her problem with "vitamins and exercise, (because) drugs are not the answer." Of Cruise's advice, Shields said: "It's what he believes, I guess." However, she added: "I think exercise and vitamins are a very important part of a person's life. I don't think they would have helped me through my problems alone." As for Cruise, "I don't know him personally," said Shields, who recalled that he had a small role in the 1981film Endless Love in which she starred. In an op-ed piece Shields wrote for The New York Times at the height of their debate last summer, she suggested that Cruise leave large issues such as postpartum depression to medical experts and that he instead should stick to defending the world from aliens. As Shields, breaking into a sheepish smile, told Winfrey: "His movie was premiering that week, and it just seemed like an appropriate response."

EOnline.com

STORK WATCH: Brooke Shields expecting her second child with husband, Chris Henchy, her rep confirmed to E!. No word on when the tot is due.

Did anyone else watch her E! True Hollywood Story?? Sounds like giving birth almost killed her, hope the next labor is easier!!

She has one of the cutest celeb babies w/ Rowan. Hope things go well for her. I always liked Brooke, especially more since telling off TC. Hopefully it will be easier this time around......

(MSNBC.COM) Brooke Shields’ second child was “unplanned,” she says, but she’s not worried about post-partum depression like she suffered last time around because, she says, she knows how to recognize the symptoms.

Posted Image

people.com

Brooke Shields couldn't hold the news back any longer. "It's a girl!" she tells PEOPLE exclusively, speaking about her and husband Chris Henchy's baby, due in May.

"I wasn't sure I was going to make this public," says Shields, whose daughter Rowan is 2. But, she said, "I'm thrilled for my daughter to have a little friend. Two Tauruses, it's this huge trick being played on me."

Shields, 40, who announced her pregnancy in October, suffered from postpartum depression after the birth of her first child. The actress wrote a book on the subject, Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression, and has spoken out about her use of antidepressants – prompting an outcry from Scientologist Tom Cruise, who opposes psychiatry and prescription medication to battle depression.

During an appearance on the Today show in November, when asked if she feared a return of her postpartum depression, Shields responded: "No. I'm informed now."

As for Rowan, Shields tells PEOPLE: "Most 2-year-olds say no before they open their eyes in the morning. Rowan says no and then has reasons why it's no. She digs her heels in, it's amazing how stubborn (she is)."

She's still a hottie...but wow, does her husband have a huge cro-magnon head!!

Must be some event/fundraiser for children--isn't Angie Harmon holding her own daughter?I don't care how good Brooke looks in them, I still don't like those "whisker" jeans!!!

people.com

Brooke Shields gave birth to her second child, a daughter named Grier Hammond Henchy, on Tuesday, her rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The baby, who was born in Los Angeles, weighed in at 7 lbs., and measured 20 inches.

Shields, 40, and husband Chris Henchy, 42, who wed in 2001, also have a daughter, Rowan, who will be 3 next month.

Just last month, the couple celebrated the impending birth of their second child at a Moroccan-themed baby shower hosted by actor Steven Weber and his wife, Juliette Hohnen, at their L.A. home.

"Brooke was simply glowing all evening," her friend, event planner Jo Gartin, who organized the fete, told PEOPLE.

Of her second go-around as an expectant mom, Shields told PEOPLE, "This pregnancy has been a lot easier."

The actress suffered from postpartum depression after the birth of her first child. She wrote a book on the subject, Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression, and has spoken out about her use of antidepressants.

Last year she was famously criticized by Tom Cruise, who as a Scientologist opposes psychiatry and prescription medication to battle depression.

This time Shields, who had trouble getting pregnant the first time, did not need the IVF treatments required to conceive Rowan. "And nothing is going to shock me anymore. I am more prepared," she told PEOPLE – though, she admits, not everyone is ready for the new addition.

"I said to Rowan, 'The baby is going to live in our house.' There was a long pause, then she looked at me and said, 'She is going to live in my house?' " Shields said with a laugh. "But she's been helping me decorate the room. It's been sweet. I'm glad she'll have a sibling."

What a crazy coincidence. Brooke Shields and TomKat having their baby ON THE SAME DAY!The only thing that would sweeten this, is if Katie has post-partum depression (I'm such an asshole).

What a crazy coincidence. Brooke Shields and TomKat having their baby ON THE SAME DAY!The only thing that would sweeten this, is if Katie has post-partum depression (I'm such an asshole).

Great minds, Babloo. I was just getting ready to post the same thing. (Not that I wish PPD on Katie--she has enough problems with having to contend with the GMD.)

What a crazy coincidence. Brooke Shields and TomKat having their baby ON THE SAME DAY!

Do I believe in coincidences? Erm... no!

The only thing that would sweeten this, is if Katie has post-partum depression (I'm such an asshole).

No, you're not! ...oh, and MercurysMaiden has taken the words right out of my keyboard! Edited by niobe

Maybe he'll get sick from all that placenta he's going to be eating... :rolleyes: Prepare for the battle on the end of days between Suri and the Namibian Child of Brangelina's.