princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

concreteloop.com

JAY-Z’S BABY MOMMA REVEALED?

The rumor mill with this dude is out of control. First, he and Yonky aren’t together anymore or are taking a break, then reports on his baby momma are suddenly revealed.

Apparently, Jay-Z paid gorgeous trinidadian model Shenelle Scott $1 million bucks to keep his name off “their son’s” birth certificate. Shenelle, who is currently dating Lil Fizz, was discovered by Jigga in Trinidad while he filmed his 1998 ‘Big Pimpin’ video.

I’ll let you all draw your own conclusions because I don’t see Jay-Z giving up a mil even if he was claiming the baby. I’m sure he’ll be in the studio soon to spit something out of this rumor…

I can't see that this was posted:

February 26, 2007.

Two weeks ago, MediaTakeOut.com first reported that Jay Z and Beyonce were having difficulty in their relationship. Yesterday afternoon, we received official confirmation that Jay Z and Beyonce have split up!!

In an exclusive interview, MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a member of Jay Z's inner circle who gave us the official word. The insider, who spoke to us on the condition of anonymity, told, "[Jay Z]'s not 25 - he's been ready to settle down and have a family for a while now. But Beyonce was asking him for more time." Our source continued, "It got to the point where [Jay Z] was constantly pressuring her and it wasn't good for the relationship ... So they both decided that it would be best if they just stayed as friends."

And according to our insider, Beyonce's family is happy with the couple's decision. The source tells, "Beyonce's family was completely against her getting married. They're cool with [Jay Z] and all ... they just felt that he was a little too serious for her at this point in her life. And at this point in her career."

But there may still be hope for the superstar couple. Our insider explains, "They still love each other and they're still good friends so you can't expect them to just cut things off completely ... For now, it's over. But who knows what might happen in a couple of months."

Jay Z, who is 38 years old, began dating Beyonce nearly 5 years ago.

Developing...

NY DAILY NEWS

Beyoncé and Jay-Z are still together, despite Wendy Williams' claims yesterday on WBLS. "They were at a basketball game together [Tuesday] night," points out a pal. Rumors rolled when the hip-hop exec stayed in New York Oscar night and the "Dreamgirls" star walked the red carpet alone.

A SOCIALITE'S LIFE

Beyonce's Not At Risk, Y'all

Sometimes a diet can be lifesaving. Beyonce Knowles didn't eat anything at the recent Sports Illustrated party that has people concerned over possibly contracting hepatitis A, so she's in the clear.

"Thank goodness, neither one of us ate. According to the health department, she wasn't at risk," said publicist Alan Nierob.

All of this hubbub is over an infected cook who was working for Wolfgang Puck Catering, the company that was providing the food for the event. But apparently, those who didn't come in contact with the food shouldn't be concerned.

It's a damn good thing I wasn't at that party, because I pretty much feel obligated to eat all the free food I come into contact with. Not to brag, but I'm something of a legend in the free sample circuit.

F'Day

"Dear God, it's me, Beyonce,

Posted Image

I'm so grateful the Oscars are over. Having to sit there and look happy for everyone when I wasn't nominated for anything was hard. Thank you for allowing me to remain calm and collected when You Know Who won. I was scared I might lose my shit -- er, I mean, my stuff. Um, sorry about that. I was also worried that I might snap during our musical number and shove her into the orchestra pit. So I really appreciate the fact that I did not. And thank you for her terrible gold bolero. I felt much better about myself once I saw her in that. Thank you also for these shoes, they're very cute. And, finally, thank you for giving me the courage to wear a zip-up, hoodie-style camo gown on TRL. Not everyone could do this. Oh, also, if you could get Solange to stop singing 'And I'm Telling You I Am Not Going' to me over breakfast, that would be awesome. Today, I shoved a bagel in her face. I hope she forgives me. Amen!"

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yo...07/03/fday.html

panachereport.com

Yesterday, it was reported, Jay-Z is unloading the Roc-A-Wear clothing line - that he co-founded with Shanny Herrera, and Dame Dash. The purchase price is a reported $204 Million. With this deal, Jay-Z is on pace to become the first billionaire in rap music.

This figure will put Jay-Z’s personal net worth at nearly $500 million dollars (1/2 a billion dollars). He will be named the “richest person in hip-hop for 2007,” and for years to come.

Signing more than checks for a star-struck Obama

Sen. Barack Obama may be a rock star in the Democratic party, but he's a groupie when it comes to Beyoncé (r.). Monday night, Island Def Jam chairman L.A. Reid threw a fund-raiser for Obama at his upper East Side home. Just as he did two weeks ago at a Hollywood party that drew Steven Spielberg, Jennifer Aniston and Eddie Murphy, Obama worked his magic on a crowd that included designer Tommy Hilfiger, singer Babyface Edmonds, Island Urban president (and Janet Jackson beau) Jermaine Dupri, Universal Music honcho Doug Morris and record execs Steve Bartels, Sylvia Rhone and Andre Harrell. Each paid $2,300 for sushi cones, pomegranate margaritas and Obama's vision of the future.

"He spoke for about 20 minutes, never mentioning Hillary Clinton," one guest tells us. "He was very impressive. People formed a circle around him. He shook everybody's hand and asked what they did."

One lady needed no introduction. Feasting his eyes on Beyoncé, the candidate said: "I never do this, but can I ask for your autograph?" The admiration seemed mutual as they posed for a photo. "I want a copy of that picture!" said Obama.

Naturally, he was also cordial to her boyfriend, Jay-Z, who laid his money down despite having had dinner a few nights earlier with Bill Clinton. Obama asked the rapper/ Def Jam CEO/co-owner of the Nets how his basketball team is doing.

The candidate also took questions from guests. Among them was Benny Medina, who asked if he had a running mate in mind.

"Are you available?" Obama asked Mariah Carey's manager. "Can you pass the FBI background check?"

"Absolutely not," said Medina.

Despite Obama's brazen invasion of Hillary Country, some well-known African-Americans are still doing their own background checks on the primary rivals.

"This is not the year to give anybody the election," Queen Latifah told us at Monday's premiere of her affecting HBO movie, "Life Support," "I'm a woman. And I'm an African-American. It's an exciting race, but we need to scrutinize everybody. Let 'em earn my vote."

Patty Jackson's 4-1-1

Despite rumors of breakups and a secret love child, “BEY-Z” continues.

Jay-Z and Beyonce are currently on vacation in the islands. Jay-Z recently sold his Roc-a-wear clothing line for $204 million in cash.

Jay sold it to the Iconix Brand Group. IBG licenses and markets popular brands such as Candies, Joe Boxer, Mudd, and London Fog.

Jay will remain as a figurehead, and he will release his Shawn Carter Collection in 2008.

Sightings . . .

JAY-Z and Beyoncé at Tao on East 58th Street, celebrating the $204 million sale of his Rocawear clothing line to Iconix with Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson and a dozen other people, who downed shots of Patron tequila and four bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne . . . "War of the Worlds" director Steven Spielberg lunching at Gabriel's yesterday with two suits from Time Warner across the street . . . YOUNG jazz singer Michael Bublé - after dinner with uber-publicist Liz Rosenberg at Patsy's restaurant - breaking out into a couple of choice Frank Sinatra classics . . . TONY Bennett, Tom Brokaw and Donald Trump bumping into each other at Sirio Maccioni's Le Cirque at the Bloomberg building and having a triangular chat . . . BILLY Joel with his much younger wife, Katie Lee, devouring sashimi and Kobe beef with Silvano and Marisa Marchetto and Jason and Hayley Binn at O Asian Grill in South Beach.

panachereport.com

Beyonce is so rich, she is embarrassed by how much money she has in the bank.

The singer was named in Rolling Stone magazine's list of top money-makers of 2006 after earning $16.1 million from her numerous ventures in music, movies and fashion in the last year (06).

And while the former Destiny’s Child star has never confirmed her true financial status, she admits she is mortified by her own wealth.

She says, "I never imagined I would be so blessed. I just wanted to be financially stable, and it embarrasses me, and I don't feel comfortable talking or thinking about it. "I'm not a flashy girl, and I don't flaunt it."

NY DAILY NEWS

It looks as if Jay-Z has ended the ban on Cristal he set after an exec there made disparaging remarks about the hip-hop community.

A bottle of the bubbly was brought to his table at PM, where he and fiancé Beyoncé celebrated the birthday of "America's Next Top Model" contestant Toccara Jones

Hollywood News

Hunter slams Beyonce

London, March 15:

Rachel Hunter, rocker Rod Stewart's ex-wife, has slammed celebrities like Beyonce Knowles saying they spoilt the hopes of young girls who want to become professional models.

Hunter thinks the 1980s era of high profile supermodels getting to walk in runways and appear on magazine covers are over. Hunter says she is afraid for young aspiring models because she believes they will get overshadowed by movie and music stars, reports contactmusic.com.

She said: "For years now we have seen people on the covers of magazines that aren't models, they are actresses and it's disappointing. Sports Illustrated this year had Knowles on the cover. What's left for young girls to aspire to if they want to be models? Not much!"

--- IANS

panachereport.com

Jay-Z and actress Rosie Perez have ended their war of words after the star criticized the rap mogul for his verbal attack on one-time rival Nas.

Puerto Rican Perez admits she feared for her life after making her feelings known in a XXL magazine article, but now she and Jay-Z are friends again after a surprise meeting backstage at a Cirque Du Soleil show in Las Vegas.

Speaking on “The Jimmy Kimmel Show,” the actress said, "He (Jay-Z) went below the belt by talking about Nas' ex-girlfriend. I think Jay-Z is better than that.

He doesn't have to resort to dissing another man's girlfriend... I just thought it was a bitch move." Perez admits mutual friends told her Jay-Z was far from happy about her comments and so she was delighted when the rapper greeted her warmly at the Cirque Du Soleil show. She added, "We hugged."

NY DAILY NEWS

Jay-Z definitely did not drink the Cristal sent to his table at PM Wednesday night - he was up at 7 a.m. when he read our item yesterday and blew his stack.

We had wondered if he'd ended his ban of the bubbly - issued when Cristal exec Frederic Rouzard said: "We can't forbid [hip-hop] people from buying it."

Jay-Z exec deal looks def jammed

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 4:00 AM

Have money and ego come between Jay-Z and L.A. Reid? Two years ago, Reid, chairman of Island/Def Jam, surprised the record industry by naming the hip-hop superstar as CEO of his Def Jam label. Some wondered whether the big-pimpin', Beyoncé-datin' rapper had the patience for corporate life. But not only did Hova look good in a suit, he showed up bright and early and promptly reestablished the division as an urban hitmaker, with young artists like Rihanna and Ne-Yo and his own album, "Kingdom Come."

Now, with his contract up at year's end, Jay wants more money - more, say sources, than Reid is willing to pay.

"Jay is asking for several million as a base salary," one insider tells us, "plus big bonus 'bumps' on records that do well. L.A. isn't going for it. They're miles apart."

Reid is said to question how much time Jay plans to spend in the office now that he's emerged from rap "retirement" and is touring again. Among Jay's other distractions are his chain of 40/40 nightclubs and stakes in Rocawear, the New Jersey Nets and a Champagne company.

Insiders also claim the charismatic Reid, the guy who's supposed to be boss, feels like a second banana. "When Jay walks into a meeting, he sucks the air out of the room," says a spy. "Even without trying. At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame awards, Jay and L.A. were sitting at the same table. But it was like L.A. was invisible."

Reid laughs off talk of tension. "We really love Jay," Reid tells us.

"He's so important to our company, there's not much we wouldn't do to keep him here, money being the least of them."

As for Jay's outside businesses, Reid says, "Everything he does is a complement to our business. We encourage it.

"People at other labels may wish there was trouble," he goes on. "If you put the two of us in a room with an artist we want, we will sign that artist. It's very hard to turn us down. I hope to work with him for many, many years. He's magical. I need him."

SIDE DISH

Jay-Z is hitting out at Internet rumors that he fathered a child with 26-year-old Trinidadian model Shenelle Scott. According to the blogs, Beyoncé 's boyfriend paid Scott $1 million to keep his name off the baby's birth certificate. "There is no truth to these ridiculous rumors," the rapper's rep told allhiphop.com. "People should be ashamed of using this kind of story."

Beyonce Accused of a Musical Cover Up

Posted Apr 18th 2007 12:06PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Beyonce Knowles

Beyoncé Knowles is going to war with a pop star from the past who claims the former Destiny's Child star covered her song, but didn't cover her ass.

According to a lawsuit filed yesterday in Manhattan Federal Court by music administators, Beyoncé allegedly never obtained proper clearance to cover a song called "I'm Kissing You," originally co-written by a singer named Des'ree -- famous for her 1994 smash hit, "Gotta Be." Des'ree's version was used in Baz Luhrmann's 1996 film "Romeo and Juliet," Beyoncé's version can be found on the re-release of her album, "B'Day."

In the lawsuit, Des'ree and her reps claim that Beyoncé, along with her record company people, originally tried to work out a deal to use the song. When they weren't satisfied with the proposed terms -- which included not being able to change the title or make a music video for the song -- Beyoncé allegedly blew off copyright law completely, and recorded the song and video without permission. The song was eventually released on Beyoncé's album, "B'Day - Deluxe Edition" on April 3, 2007, with the title "Still in Love (Kissing You)."

Des'ree is suing to halt distribution of the song, video and album and seeking at least $150,000 in damages.

Lawyers for Beyoncé and Des'ree couldn't be reached for comment.

Singer/actress Beyonce Knowles sometimes becomes so upset by unwanted media speculation about her private life she wants to "kill somebody".

The Crazy In Love star admits she has learned to live with being a paparazzi target.

Knowles tells US magazine Vibe, "Everybody messes with celebrities. At a point, you just have to decide if you really want it. If you do, you have to have a tough skin. And after you get a certain amount of success, you have no choice.

"Either you're gonna turn to other things to take away the pain you feel, or you have to deal with it and move on.

"If it's something about my sister or my nephew or it's something evil, then yes, I'm upset. I wanna kill somebody. If it's a rumour that's vindictive, or something harmful, or something everybody's believing that is completely not true, then it's frustrating because there's nothing you can do about it.

"If someone misquotes you, or says some complete lie, and then they go back and retract that, people still don't believe you didn't say it.

"So sometimes it hurts. Sometimes I wanna cry. Sometimes I wanna scream. Sometimes I wanna curse people out."

femalefirst.co.uk

"So sometimes it hurts. Sometimes I wanna cry. Sometimes I wanna scream. Sometimes I wanna curse people out."

femalefirst.co.uk

And then hopefully you remember how well you get paid for what you do, excluding all the extra perks, and then shut the hell up about it.

Edited by plick