Sign in to follow this  
princess

Britney Spears

Outside instigator makes a LOT of sense.

I wonder if Lynne was worried that because Jamie was (is?) sick, he hasn't been able to be as vigilant over Britney and that's one reason she's struggling? I hate TMZ (they are SO misogynistic!) so it's hard to know what's really going on from their coverage.

• Like 1

I hope that even though Jamie and Lynne are not cordial, they will figure this out together.  Britney is the end game, and I find it hard to believe that Lynne does not appreciate what Jamie has done.   

My parents did everything in their power to not talk to one another after their divorce.  However, when it came to matters of my brother and me - united front.   We knew we were doomed when Mom and Dad had to talk to us.   But it worked!  Thankfully we are both not menaces to society ? (most days)

Edited by branchop
  • Like 3

bird-in-cage-1.jpg

Freedom Is Going To Be Slow

May 6, 2019

[Blind Gossip] There’s a legal proceeding coming up in the next couple of weeks for this well-known female entertainment figure.

While she has not been well, at least she is well enough to know that she is not well.

What impact will that have on the legal proceedings?

Even though her fans think she should be cutting ties fast, that is not going to happen. She knows she has to tread very carefully and take care of her health and avoid doing anything dumb.

So it looks like all of those of you who think that she needs to free herself quickly are going to be disappointed by the result!

Similar: Legal Tug Of War

Woman:

[Optional] Do you think she should free herself immediately or take her time?

No surprises except that her Mom is living with her now??

Britney Spears She'll Appear in Court ... In Showdown with Parents

5/10/2019 11:05 AM PDT

EXCLUSIVE
TMZ

Britney Spears will make the drive from Thousand Oaks to downtown L.A. Friday ... appearing in court as her mom fights to get her medical files in what is turning into a family war.

Sources with knowledge tell us, Britney will appear with her mom, Lynne Spears, who is trying to gain access to her medical information. We're told Lynne does not want to become a co-conservator, which creates a weird legal argument ... the right to medical information but no right to act on it.

Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, has been her sole conservator for more than 11 years, and is widely credited with saving her life back in 2008, when the singer was off the rails. 

As we reported, Lynne has been staying at Britney's home for more than a week. The 2 have been estranged for nearly 15 years. We're told Britney cut Lynne out of her life right after her breakup with Justin Timberlake. Over the last few months, Lynne has tried to reestablish a relationship.

TMZ has reported, Lynne became alarmed when she read various posts on social media that Jamie was allegedly forcing Britney into the mental health facility where she stayed for 30 days, and that he ordered doctors to ply her with certain drugs. FYI, Jamie does not have the power to do either.

Britney, we're told, will side with her mom in court, for obvious reasons. Jamie has imposed certain restrictions to keep her and her family safe, and Britney wants freedom ... it's what happens in most conservatorships. She's banking on Lynne easing the restrictions.

As we have reported, Britney is not doing well. The meds that stabilized her for years stopped working and doctors are still struggling to find the right combination. Multiple sources have told us she did not come out of the mental health facility in great shape and her judgment is impaired. 

It's an odd ask to look at medical records when you're not part of a conservatorship. Legally speaking, Lynne's parental rights are trumped by the conservatorship, and she doesn't want to be part of it.

We'll be at the courthouse, so stay tuned. 

this must be mortifying for Britney to have so much of this public, especially because it all revolves around her mental health. It's one thing for your love life and career to be the subjects of rumor and gossip, but if I had people whispering about my mental health, I think I would never want to leave the house again. 

I'm torn on this. I actually haven't heard anything bad about this being Britney's mental health - I think it could be doing a lot toward destigmatizing mental health issues. Mental health is health. Drugs don't always work. Things get messed up and need to be fixed......

TMZ

Britney Spears' dad is taking no chances ... he's just filed legal docs stating his intention to make his conservatorship over his daughter valid in 3 key states.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jamie Spears is giving notice to the California judge who has been handling Britney's 11-year-plus conservatorship that he intends to file the docs declaring him conservator in Florida, Louisiana and Hawaii.

We're told Britney has no plans to visit the 3 states in the immediate future, but our sources say Jamie knows what's up and believes there are people out there in social media pulling the strings in the "Free Britney" movement who might attempt to wrestle her away if she leaves California. 

Our sources say in the next 2 hours Jamie will file his conservatorship docs in the 3 states. We're told these are the 3 states that Britney likes to visit.

• Like 2

Ruling overnight to keep Jamie as conservator. But this is an OLD appeal, not a recent one, I guess? So there will probably be more activity.

Personally, I don't think her family should be conservators but I'm withholding judgement on whether or not she still "needs" the conservatorship itself. I think probably so, given all the scrutiny, if not a real need, I think they'd rescind. But I'm not a lawyer or a psychiatrist so, you know.....

• Like 1

Lots happening lately, and not just PR stuff. 

Note Britney's attorney (Sam Ingham?) has not filed to actual remove the conservatorship to date.  If that does happen, then all her therapists, docs, etc get involved about if this is in her best interest.

Jody Montgomery (in charge of personal conservatorship) said Britney is free to marry, have babies - no restrictions.  Bet she’s pissed she gets thrown under the bus by PR people.

Jamie Spears (Britney's Dad and in charge of financial conservatorship) – even if he is doing everything exactly right, would not be worth the stress!

Few interesting bits I found:

Company Set To Co-Manage Britney Spears' Conservatorship Asks To Withdraw

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/1012290964/company-asks-to-withdraw-from-britney-spears-conservatorship

Not stupid, they don’t want to get involved in a messy case!

On the plus side, Jamie does always seem to have his daughter’s best interest at heart, even if everyone throws eggs at him.  But I wouldn’t do it, not worth the stress and destroying the day-to-day relationship with his daughter.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/30/britney-spears-jamie-conservatorship-life-miserable/

In another document, Jamie's lawyer says, "Mr. Spears believes it is important for the integrity of the conservatorship proceedings and in the best interests of Ms. Spears for the Court to order an investigation into the issues and claims raised by [Britney] at the June 23, 2021 status hearing."

Jamie's lawyer goes on ... "Either the allegations will be shown to be true, in which case corrective action must be taken, or they will be shown to be false, in which case the conservatorship can continue its course."

Sounds reasonable to me - instead of trading insults time to do some digging and find out what the real deal is.

-----

No idea if this is true, but part of me thinks Britney's attorney is just grandstanding, making a name for himself and earning some extra $.  I have personal experience with dementia, mental health, etc. in my family and I've seen people taken advantage.  Attorney actually said I should seriously consider conservatorship over my own Dad.  So I do tend to follow this situation a little more than I usually do with celeb gossip. :blink:

• Like 2

woman-headphones-2-e1627509259824.png

Manic Panic

July 28, 2021

[Blind Gossip] This performer has been covered by the press for decades. She gets so much attention and so much publicity that you might think you know everything about her.

You don’t.

One thing that you may not have noticed is that her family has never discussed her medical conditions or how she behaves outside of the public eye.

Not every celebrity with a medical problem has received the same treatment.

For example, the Kardashian family has talked very publicly about Kanye West and his bipolar disorder.

kanye-west-blue-eyes-met-gala.png

Having your relatives talk about your medial condition in public doesn’t work for every family. Our performer’s family chose to follow her wishes in that regard.

After one particularly horrible incident where she [redacted], she was treated and stabilized. She made her family promise not to talk about her [medical conditions] and her meds. She didn’t want that to be what defined her. She wanted to keep performing and “live a normal life.” They kept that promise for years.

They also never publicly disclosed multiple incidents of extreme behavior that happened out of the public eye.

The mania was extreme. During her highs she would babble in long run-on sentences for minutes at at time. She would sometimes not sleep for days, but instead of being tired she would be hyperactive. She would sometimes talk about things she said she could hear or see that no one else could, which was really scary. She would also behave extremely inappropriate sexually.

Then the pendulum would swing the other way.

During her lows, she was horribly depressed and crying and she needed to be watched 24 hours a day. They were always afraid that if they left her alone for even five minutes during the lows, she would harm herself and not live through it.

While they experimented with many different treatments over the years, there were a few occasions where they lost control.

Of course she hates the meds and she hates the testing and she hates the monitoring and she would prefer for all of it to stop.

There were a few times where she stopped taking her prescribed meds and consumed huge amounts of illegal drugs and alcohol, probably as way of self-medicating. She wanted to drive even when she was drunk or high.

She even disappeared for days at a time. They didn’t know where she was or who she was with or what she was doing.

She would be found at some stranger’s house or sleeping in a car somewhere. It’s a miracle that worse things didn’t happen to her.

Then her family would have to retrieve her, get her sober, get her back on her meds, etc.

She is a sweet girl and very talented, so is hard for someone on the outside who sees her perform to recognize how far the pendulum swings, how erratic she can be, and how scary it is for everyone around her. Her illnesses are sad and exhausting for her family and sad and frustrating for her. 

Her family is in a panic about what life will be like for her if she is on her own. Will someone take advantage of her? Will she stop taking her meds? Will she go back to doing drugs and drinking? Will she hurt herself or others?

While you may have strong feelings about people being in complete control of their own lives, you now know a little more about what has been going on outside of the public eye.

It’s a difficult situation for everyone. We hope that our performer finds a way to live a safe and happy life.

Similar: The 5150

Performer:

[Optional] Should she be given total control over her own life? Always use real names and keep your comments civil.

I definitely assumed it was that bad for the conservatorship to be renewed (though I know it's easier to maintain the conservatorship than to have it granted in the first place). I'm still so torn on this issue - I feel really strongly about bodily autonomy BUT if you have an illness that prevents rational decisions.....

• Like 2

Jamie Spears is stepping down as Britney’s conservator. I think this is for the best regardless of whether the allegations against him are true or not. 

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/britney-spears-father-jamie-spears-quits-conservator-1235040690/?fbclid=IwAR1wbPY8ZuHKzyeKCux0dzWNIBt3F7X7a_SxGp1eH9MU4Yfg3bIUqRkLxN8

• Like 2

I’ve seen conflicting reports on this. Is he really stepping down? It seems like the paperwork is ambiguous and I read something else where he walked it back qnd said that’s not at all what he is doing. 

• Like 1

cupcake-birthday-5.png

The Five Year Forecast

August 12, 2021

[Blind Gossip] This singer finally got what she wanted.

Chances are she is celebrating her freedom right now.

While she may be happy about it, not everyone around her feels the same way.

Her family is frightened.

Everyone thinks it’s about the money but it’s not. They are terrified for her. She is a sweet and innocent girl who needs to be protected.

They have been talking about the five year forecast of what will happen to her.

What is the five year forecast?

Within one year: n*de photos, more tattoos, married and pregnant.

Within three years: surrounded by users, at least half her money spent, substance abuse and hospitalization.

Within five years: gone.

Dang! That is one grim forecast. Nothing sweet or innocent about it.

We wish our singer well in her new life.

Similar: His Mess To Fix

Singer:

This is what I fear too. On the other hand, most people who die that way were allowed to do it, never under conservatorship (thinking Amy Winehouse right now). So, which is better? Neither, right?? 

I've always supported a non-family member conservator, but not having seen the evidence, not sure taking away conservatorship is a good idea.....

• Like 2

Britney Spears called police to report theft at her home last week

https://pagesix.com/2021/08/19/britney-spears-called-police-to-report-theft-at-her-home-last-week/

Accused of Battery Against Housekeeper ... Britney and Camp Say Nonsense, Claim Fabricated, Going Nowhere

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/19/britney-spears-housekeeper-assault-argument-dogs-criminal-complaint/

Jamie Spears The Inside Story on His Move to End Britney's Conservatorship

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/08/jamie-spears-britney-move-to-end-conservatorship-the-inside-story/

One source said they don't believe Jamie really wants the conservatorship to end, and certainly not without a medical evaluation. We're told Jamie does not believe the judge would terminate the conservatorship without a mental evaluation, and he has said privately he's sure that evaluation would present an insurmountable case to maintain the conservatorship.

So, he would get what he wants -- maintaining the conservatorship -- while also ending the lingering attacks targeting him. It might also ingratiate himself with his daughter.

When it was announced yesterday, this was my first thought.  When the judge gets the evals back and refuses to end the conservatorship, Jamie is no longer the bad guy.

• Like 1

I feel like that’s what this is - the dad knows if a judge sees this they’re not going to let her out of it because I truly believe she has complex medical issues. Maybe I am naïve, but I don’t believe she would’ve been kept under this for this many years if she didn’t. That gets everybody off his back and still keeps her under the conservatorship. Which if she really does have a medical condition, I hope that’s what happens because as excited as my teenagers were about free Britney, my first thought was I hope she doesn’t end up dead in six months. And maybe if that’s how it goes down, people will start to think, hey maybe there’s more to the story that I don’t know about and I should, as a random stranger on the Internet, stay out of it. But again, maybe I’m just naive. 

• Like 4

I sure hope they put together an ironclad prenup before they revoke that conservatorship. I really hope this isn’t a case of be careful what you wish for. 
————

Britney Spears and boyfriend Sam Asghari are engaged

Britney Spears and Sam Asghari at the "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" film premiere in Los Angeles.

(CNN) — Well, baby, she's a put-on-a-show kind of girl.

Britney Spears and boyfriend Sam Asghari are engaged, Asghari's talent manager Brandon Cohen of BAC Talent confirmed in a statement to CNN.

The couple made their long-standing relationship official today and are deeply touched by the support, dedication and love expressed to them," Cohen told CNN.

Spears posted a video on her verified Instagram account Sunday that sent fans into a frenzy as she showed off her engagement ring.

The couple, who have been together for nearly five years, were seen in the video laughing and smiling as she posed with the ring. When Asghari asks if "she likes it" as Spears put her hand over her mouth in surprise, she yells out "yes."

"I can't f**king believe it," she captioned the video with multiple ring emojis. 

Asghari shared his own Instagram photo of the couple, appearing to be kissing as Spears showed off the ring. He captioned the post with only king and queen emojis. 

The ring was designed by New York-based designer Roman Malayev, according to Cohen.

The pair first met in 2016 when Asghari co-starred with Spears in the video to her single, "Slumber Party." 

Their posts come days after Britney Spears' fight to end her court-ordered conservatorship took an unexpected turn on Tuesday when her father and the conservator of her estate, Jamie Spears, filed a petition to end the arrangement.

The elder Spears has served has conservator of his daughter's estate since it was established in 2009. He was also the conservator of her person, overseeing her health and medical issues until he stepped aside in 2019. That's when Jodi Montgomery was appointed the temporary conservator of Spears' person.

Correction: A previous version of this article misidentified Brandon Cohen. He is Sam Asghari's talent manager.

• Like 2

🤣

Can't link to the photo on Lainey's site but it's Asghari's Instagram (I think) saying for sure they'll have a prenup to protect his jeep & shoe collection in case she dumps him. I think it's quite funny - obv they know what everyone is saying & thinking.

https://www.laineygossip.com/mtv-vmas-celebrated-40th-anniversary-last-night-with-madonna-and-her-ass-blowing-up-on-social-media/69342

Edited by Hoyaheel