princess

Fashion Industry News

Four More Accusers Hit Celeb Designer with Sex Charges

Anand Jon Alexander, the celebrity designer accused of raping two people, is facing 13 shocking and lurid new charges from four new victims.

Clad in an orange jumpsuit, Alexander stood emotionless inside a Beverly Hills courtroom as a Los Angeles District Attorney announced the new charges, which include forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by a foreign object, sexual exploitation of a child, sexual battery and assault with intent to commit a felony. Anand's family members were in court and wept uncontrollably as the new charges were read.

In total, fifteen of the charges are felonies, while five are misdemeanors.

The 33-year-old designer was initially charged on March 13 with seven counts, including forcible rape, lewd act upon a child, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, sexual battery by restraint and attempted forcible oral copulation.

Earlier this month, Jon's attorney, Ronald Richards, told the L.A. Times that the allegations were were made up by models looking to get even with Alexander for not hiring them. "These girls fly in for model jobs after months of dialogue filled with flirtation, they have sexual interaction and if he doesn't put them in the show ... then sometime later they claim they had unwanted sex," said Richards.

Maria Fugita Alonso

Why is Maria Conchita Alonso on the floor?

Posted Image

Her dress might be sort of cute, if she weren't busy obscuring it by genuflecting to the photographers at L.A. Fashion Week. Perhaps she's trying to prove the girls are legit, or perhaps she's suggestively trying to see just how deeply one dandy lensman's zoom can penetrate. Either way... we really just wish she'd get up, because it seems a bit needy and sad, and also, we're sure whichever random starlet she borrowed the knee pads from could really use them back.

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yo..._fugita_al.html

NY DAILY NEWS

To PETA guy, celebs are beastly

PETA vice president Dan Matthews recalls memorable experiences with the world's top designers in his soon-to-be released memoir, "Committed."

Although he "helped terrify much of his staff and vandalize his office," the animal rights activist became friendly with Calvin Klein after the two met in an East Village gay bar. He said they bonded over "how gays overstyle, and how to create a sensational ad campaign."

Marc Jacobs agreed to meet, but wasn't moved by stories of animal cruelty. "Plastic surgery isn't pretty to watch either, but look at the results," he allegedly said.

Oscar de la Renta, Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld and Donatella Versace all get theirs in the book.

But "Most crass of all was Michael Kors, who told me, hands aflutter, 'If people will buy it, I'll design anything.' "

Matthews described to Kors a particularly brutal procedure to obtain the pelts of newborn lambs. Kors' defense of the fabric, Matthews claims, was: "It's really drapey."

Gisele's Rump is in High Demand While Wang is at War

Filed under: Clothing , Designers , Fads , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Gisele Bundchen , Style

Posted Image

Lady Bundchen is one hot commodity. After bidding a fond "peace out" to Vicky's Secret, the arm candy of Tom Brady is keeping busy. She has signed a new deal with H&M. Detail are limited, but the word is that she "negotiating a lingerie line with the label." Gisele is also being tapped for her talents by YSL. She will be the vixen to star in the Fall/Winter 2007 ads.

The battle of the Vera's has also begun. Vera Wang, maker of dresses that brides dream about, is in the in the final stages of unleashing her "Simply Vera" line. The line whose original name was "Very Vera" is under fire from Vera Neumann. Page Six reports that a war is brewing.

"Vera Neumann began designing textiles in 1946, and the 'Vera' trademark was first used in 1947. So Vera Wang is a little late to the party - the name is taken," The rep said Wang had even gone as far as using her high-powered, stockbroker hubby as an attack dog. "Her husband, Arthur Becker, called our company and said, 'I have $5 billion with Kohl's behind me, and we're going to take on any opposition. I'm putting The Vera Company on notice," the rep said. The case is now in court, with Vera Wang insisting it's not infringing on Vera's trademark because her fashions will be sold exclusively at Kohl's.

We all need to bow down before the all powerful Wang.

The Famester Forums are becoming one hot hangout. Check out some my favorite section of polls. Vote for your favorite "Saved by the Bell" character or voice your opinion on Paris' jail sentencing. Or if you saw "Spiderman" this weekend throw out your love/hate feelings on the film in the Critics Lounge.

Posted by: Cara Harrington

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/07/gisele...g_is_at_war.php

Fashion Fix: "Ho on the Go" - Interview With the Genius Behind the Product

Filed under: Accessories , Design , Exclusives , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Style

Posted Image

"Ho on the Go' isn't just a catchphrase. It is a complete kit for the prepared woman looking for one night lovin'. The kit comes with a thong, toothbrush and paste, 2 condoms, and a towelette. Everything you need to survive the night and the next morning (should you decide to stick around that long). The product was conceived by Sunny Merry. Her idea has grown into a business for her that has even caught the attention of Patricia Field.

Cara Harrington: Where did the "Ho on the Go" idea stem from?

Sunny Merry: I have to thank my friend Bella. It was back in 1993 that we heading out for a night fun. Stocking up my purse with a fresh thong and some toothpaste, Bella asked if it was my "ho on the go" gear. It became a joke around the dinner table for quite some time. The idea grew from there.

Cara: Was it a battle to get the idea into a market?

Sunny: It hasn't been so much of a battle per say. I just recently got the kit and tops on the market in September. I thank the radio and word of mouth for the growth of popularity. It has really been an adventure. Having Patricia Field behind my product is worth its weight in gold. I am very thankful to have her behind me.

Cara: What other products can we look forward to in the near future?

Sunny: I am currently in the works on several additions. First, the Man Whore kit is well underway. It is focused on the gay may who is prepared! So far the kit will include fitted cotton boxers, lube and have a sailor boy logo slightly similar to the "Ho on the Go" girl. (She has her panties around her ankles as will the Sailor Boy) Also, I am working on bringing "Ho on the Go" to a higher end label status, but remain affordable to allow a disposable aspect to the products. Having my own brand is an overall goal. A pair of boy-shorts bearing the logo is due late this June.

Cara: You have lived in Japan, Belgium, London, and San Francisco. Do you living in such diverse places made you who you are today or would you have preferred a more settled life?

Sunny: I preferred my adventures around the world. Risk taking is key to being an entrepreneur. I thank my mother for her influences. She was a huge part in not only who I am, but in my success with my endeavors. I can never give her enough credit for her help in getting my product into the world.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/10/fashio...the_product.php

[snip]

Sunny: It hasn't been so much of a battle per say.

[snip]

Cara, dahling (sic), any socialite worth her salt would know that the phrase is per se.

Good catch. :)

Kate Moss' Replacement...Catherine McNeil

Filed under: Designers , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Fashion Shows , Models , Style

Posted Image

Mario Testino has hit modeling gold. Catherine McNeil is on the lips of every power player in the fashion world. The barely legal babe is expected to be "the next Kate Moss or Gisele Bundchen." Catherine has already secured a six month contract and she will also be staring in a Versace campaign next to Kate Moss this August. That is just an addition to opening the Givenchy show in Paris. McNeil also sports a tongue ring and loves her tomboy side.

The Australian native is more of a classic beauty and even boasts (gasp) curves. The new kid on the block already has over 34 shows under her belt as she walked the runways of Paris, Milan and New York last February. Testino couldn't be happier with his rare find.

"I think Catherine has got what it takes to be an amazing model. That's why I've put her on an exclusive contract. It's one thing to spot someone early in their career--I'm never afraid to take risks on a new girl--but it's a great luxury to be able to develop what starts as an instinct and turns into a rich working relationship. It means we'll have time to make some fantastic photographs together." Mario gushes.

Lets all just hope she keeps her nose out of trouble. (Lame pun intended.)

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/15/kate_m...rine_mcneil.php

Kate Moss' Replacement...Catherine McNeil

Filed under: Designers , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Fashion Shows , Models , Style

Posted Image

Mario Testino has hit modeling gold. Catherine McNeil is on the lips of every power player in the fashion world. The barely legal babe is expected to be "the next Kate Moss or Gisele Bundchen." Catherine has already secured a six month contract and she will also be staring in a Versace campaign next to Kate Moss this August. That is just an addition to opening the Givenchy show in Paris. McNeil also sports a tongue ring and loves her tomboy side.

The Australian native is more of a classic beauty and even boasts (gasp) curves. The new kid on the block already has over 34 shows under her belt as she walked the runways of Paris, Milan and New York last February. Testino couldn't be happier with his rare find.

"I think Catherine has got what it takes to be an amazing model. That's why I've put her on an exclusive contract. It's one thing to spot someone early in their career--I'm never afraid to take risks on a new girl--but it's a great luxury to be able to develop what starts as an instinct and turns into a rich working relationship. It means we'll have time to make some fantastic photographs together." Mario gushes.

Lets all just hope she keeps her nose out of trouble. (Lame pun intended.)

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/15/kate_m...rine_mcneil.php

omg her face looks like it was smashed with a sledge hammer! all smashed on one side. it is cause of her cheek bones and the shading

The World Braces Itself for Another Celebrity Clothing Line

Filed under: Clothing , Fads , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Style

Posted Image

Will.i.am, one of the founding fathers of the Black Eyed Peas, is joining the ranks of every other semi-noteworthy celeb. A "denim fashion line" will be in stores near you this August. Blue Holdings Inc will be helping Will.i.am bring the line called "i.am Antik" to life. The goal is to create a high-end clothing range that will show the true talents of William James Adams. It shouldn't be too difficult for the alumnus of the Fashion Institute of Design in Los Angeles.

"I produce and write my own music, and the same creativity, energy and imagination I put into making music is the same creativity, energy and imagination I put into designing clothes. I am excited to collaborate with Antik to create a fresh remix of denim. I want to design the line and score it the way a composer scores a film and tour the collection like a band will tour an album. I want to make a fresh stylistic collection that everyone wants but limited and special to keep them looking for more."

I am not sure how much the world really needs a line of overpriced denim. Watch, he will be like the African American version of Tim Gunn.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/17/the_wo...othing_line.php

If I Were A Doll...

Filed under: Clothing , Fads , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Style

Posted Image

These dolls make Barbie look like a common street urchin. The collection of "Fashion Editor Dolls" were brought to life by Madame Alexander. Suzette Morgan, Amanda Fairchild, Alexandra Fairchild Ford, and Paris Williams, Jadde Lee, Sofia Cruz, and Sienna Evans make up the fashion guru collection.

Current editors, Linda Wells, Eva Hughes and Cleo Glyde gave NY Mag a critic of haute toys. Eva Hughes feels the dolls are more of fantasy. The reality of it is, the editors of today don't wear red carpet dresses to work every day. Linda Wells of "Allure" feels that this would only be something worn by "Scarlett O'Hara (if she) was editor-at-large."

Personally my doll would be wearing last night's little black dress and have a semi-matted bed head. And in place of decadent accessories it would come with a laptop, half a martini, a jumbo bottle of aspirin and box of Captain Crunch.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/18/if_i_were_a_doll.php

The Ladies Turned Out For Chanel

Filed under: Fashion Shows, Karl Lagerfeld

Posted Image

Karl Lagerfeld is never known for being subtle, and he did not disappoint with his cruise collection show in an aircraft hanger at Santa Monica Airport. It may sound like a mundane location, but it was all about the execution. A jet cruised up to the hangar and out came the Chanel clad models.

The real-life runway was then transformed into a catwalk as models paraded in front of Demi Moore, Smile singer and Chanel muse Lily Allen, Victoria Beckham and mum-to-be Milla Jovovich.

Recently back from a week of partying in the Bahamas and Janet Jackson's birthday party in the Big Apple, a Chanel-clad Lindsay Lohan arrived a full five hours before the extravaganza began - catching up with her pal Karl who let her try on his designs.

Meanwhile, Victoria, who is in LA for a fortnight to film a fly-on-the-wall programme about her and husband David Beckham's imminent move there, was paying close attention to the proceedings. The stylish former Spice Girl, who was looking ultra chic in her mint green vintage Chanel jacket, is hoping to establish herself on the fashion scene in America and is busy designing a new range of jeans.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/21/the_la..._for_chanel.php

Liz Hangs Up Her Riding Crop While Audrey Tautou Snags Chanel Role

Filed under: Clothing , Fads , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Models , Style

Posted Image

Heidi Klum will takeover the dog and pony show for Jordache jeans. The model and Project Runway queen has replaced Elizabeth Hurley as the face and body representing the denim line.

Heidi is already filling out the jeans. Last week the model mother shot the new campaign with Brett Ratner wielding the camera. Looks like Liz will have more time to play Godmother of Romeo and Brooklyn Beckham.

Meanwhile Audrey Tautou scores the role of a lifetime. Ms. Tautou will have the honor of portraying fashion vixen Coco Chanel. The film will be centered around Coco's childhood and rise into the world of couture. The biopic isn't due to start filming until 2008, but another picture is already underway. Danielle Thompson has begun the first stages of her Chanel biopic.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/22/liz_ha...chanel_role.php

Vicky Gets To Pass Judgment...

Filed under: Clothing , Design , Designers , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Fashion Shows , Style

Posted Image

Upon wide eyed graduates that will be throwing themselves into the world of fashion and design. Graduate fashion week started in 1991 as a way to showcase the upcoming talent that one day might dress the likes of Madge and be a highlight on red carpets.

This year Victoria Beckham snagged a seat on the panel of judges for the showcase. Creations by the haute hopefuls will strut down the runways with the dream of receiving the River Island Gold Award and the prize money. June 3rd through June 6th Becks will be sitting at the alongside of Alber Elbaz, Glenda Bailey from Harpers Bazaar and Richard Bradbury. Bradbury is the director of River Island.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/23/vicky_...ss_judgment.php

Scarlett's Bringing Louis Back

Filed under: Accessories , Designers , Fads , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Louis Vuitton , Style

Posted Image

The second wave of Scarjo studded Louis Vuitton campaigns has hit. The newly remodeled model echos the likes of Grace Kelly. Sex appeal oozes from her scantily whiteness. Seriously, Snow White has got nothing on her skin tone in this ad. She takes sexy from the spring/summer sex kitten image to a relaxed seductress.

The fall line is all about the Scarlett. Her character in "Girl with a Pearl Earring" was the inspiration behind the collection of bags and accessories. You won't see the "real thing" in magazines until August of this year.

Posted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/25/scarle..._louis_back.php

Jessica Paster's Dog Needs A Diaper

Filed under: Clothing , Fashion , Fashion Don't , Fashion Fix , Style

Posted Image

I wonder if Kate Hudson and the Simpson girls know exactly what they are wearing when Jessica Paster dresses them. Perhaps a silk ensemble by Vera Wang or a lacy cocktail dress by Chanel soaked in dog urine. Page Six was informed by possible assistants for the stylist to the stars of the disgusting conditions she works and lives in. Paster held a marathon of interviews for the available position. As the gaggle of hopefuls entered her domain, one at a time, they were greeted with a disaster.

"It was a mess. There were disorganized racks of dresses and piles of clothing she had pulled from designers all over the floor. Her little dog peed everywhere - including on the clothes - throughout the day, and we had to follow it around and clean up after it. It smelled."

The interviewees were then given "Lean Cuisine and Red Bull" for their troubles. Paster was reportedly fired as Ashlee Simpson's stylist last year. Gee...I wonder why.

http://socialitelife.com/

Pissing On Jessica Simpson

Posted Image

Jessica Paster is fashion stylist to such celebrities as Jessica Simpson and Sarah Jessica Parker. Jessica charges up to $5k a day and recently held a cattle-like casting call to find a new assistant. A spy told Page Six that they were horrified when they entered Jessica's Hollywood Hills home for the interview.

They said, "It was a mess. There were disorganized racks of dresses and piles of clothing she had pulled from designers all over the floor. Her little dog peed everywhere - including on the clothes - throughout the day, and we had to follow it around and clean up after it. It smelled."

So that's what Jessica Simpson's new fragrance is?! I thought it smelled familiar. You know Paster's dog watches Access Hollywood, laughs and says to itself "Hahaha I peed on that dress she's wearing. Awesome."

http://www.dlisted.com/

Marc Jacobs Skews Young

Filed under: Hook Ups , Marc Jacobs

Posted Image

About 27 years younger. According to the young man kissing Marc Jacobs, who featured in the photos, Ronny Giangualano is now dating the designer. How did the two meet? On MySpace. They apparently got along so well, that Marc flew Ronny first class from his home in Toronto, to Paris, last week.

Okay.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted by: Kimberly London

http://socialitelife.com/2007/06/28/marc_j...skews_young.php

Chloe is Going All Gwen Stefani on Topshop's Ass

Filed under: Busted , Clothing , Designers , Fads , Fashion , Fashion Fix , Lawsuit , Style

Posted Image Posted Image

The dress that launched a thousand attorneys into action has been pulled from Topshop shelves and destroyed like it had the plague. While it is still available on the website, it claims the merchandise is "out of stock." All due to the strikingly similar features the lemon yellow mini dungaree has compared to the Chloe version.

Topshop's version is a bargain at just under $50, while the dress designed by the French fashion house will set you back about $250. Around 774 dresses were already sold by Topshop before team Chloe stepped in. After the problem was addressed by the chain wrote Chloe a check for . The fashion haute house has adopted a "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to design infringement. Several other "design infringement cases (are) in the pipeline," according to Chloe's law firm.

"We paid them £12,000 without any admission over whether it was or wasn't [a copy]. We felt it was easier to do that and get on with the rest of our lives." Sir Philip Green admitted.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/27/chloe_...opshops_ass.php

AT LAST, A BABY FOR KELLY AT 50

August 28, 2007 -- KELLY Klein is finally about to become a mother. Childless through her 20-year marriage to fashion czar Calvin Klein, Kelly, at age 50, is having a baby.

Page Six has learned that Kelly is employing a surrogate mother in California to give birth to a baby boy using one of her eggs and the sperm of a friend. The due date is Nov. 1, when Kelly will fly out for the joyous event.

"She is expecting a baby and it is with a surrogate," Kelly's spokesman, Paul Wilmot, confirmed. He said she is keeping the identity of the father a secret for now.

One rumor is that Kelly's brother-in-law was the donor, but Wilmot denied that, adding that no family member or relative was involved. Once her son is born, "Kelly will be living with the baby in New York and Palm Beach," Wilmot added.

It's no secret the brown-haired beauty has wanted a child for many years. But that became less and less likely as her marriage to the billionaire clothing magnate fell apart. The two lived separately for the last 10 years of their union before officially divorcing in April 2006.

Just before her 40th birthday, Kelly lamented how she could feel her biological clock ticking and said she might consider adopting at some point. "She has wanted a baby for a very long time. She loves children. She is very excited about this," a friend said.

Another insider said that, "Even though Calvin has a daughter, Marci, from his first marriage, none of us ever really heard any talk of Calvin and Kelly starting their own family."

The newborn will carry his mother's maiden name, which is Rector. Less certain is the boy's first name. A source told us Kelly was torn between Owen and Lewis, but Wilmot said that's not the case.

Kelly, an avid equestrienne, isn't the first well-known person to employ a surrogate. In 1995, gorgeous actress and model Toukie Smith and Robert De Niro became the proud parents of twin boys using a hired womb for her egg and his sperm.

NY fashion runways lack black and Asian models

By Christine Kearney

NEW YORK (Reuters) - As spring collections are paraded on the catwalks at New York's Fashion Week, ethnic diversity is noticeably lacking among the models and some fashion industry insiders say discrimination is prevalent.

This week's fashion shows, which are known for diversity among the clothing designs and the audience, come just weeks after famed black model Naomi Campbell accused fashion magazines of passing over black beauty in favor of fair-skinned models.

"It is unfortunate that a white girl with blond hair is still the ideal of beauty," said fashion art director Frank de Jesus, who said he could not find an Asian model for Sabyasachi. "I wish there were more girls of color and Asian girls."

A spokeswoman for the Council of Fashion Designers of America, the U.S industry's trade group, said it was up to the designers to establish ethnic diversity.

At New York's Fashion Week many top designers chose to employ one or two black models and a few Asians in shows and some had none, Reuters reporters who attended over 40 shows by found. Blacks, and blacks in combination with another race, make up about 13 percent of Americans, U.S. Census data shows.

Diane von Furstenberg and Baby Phat were among the few that had a more equal racial mix of models. At least half the models used for Baby Phat, which features Kimora Lee Simmons' glitzy urban designs, were black or Asian.

J. Alexander, a runway coach on TV's "America's Next Top Model" who helped produce Baby Phat's show, said the standard for using black models is "two girls, three maximum" per show.

"And you normally get one to make it clear that she is obviously dark too so they don't get any lip from journalists or any backlash for being racist," he said.

BLONDES AND BRUNETTES FAVORED

While Campbell directed her criticism at the dearth of black models gracing magazine covers, some black models at fashion week said that also spilled onto runways.

Model Godeliv Van den Brandt, of Belgian and Congolese heritage, said black models were used much less than whites.

"They like to use a lot of blondes and brunettes," she said. "Sometimes they use more (black models) when there is an inspiration, such as an African-themed style of clothes ... but otherwise it is not too much."

Several designers and a few models, including top black model Alek Wek, were reticent to comment on race, although Wek acknowledged difficulties at the start of her career.

"There were people who criticized me but I took no notice," the Sudanese model told Reuters. "You can see I am black, that's who I am.

"Whether you are black or white, modeling is hard work and you have to be really determined to succeed."

Some designers and casting directors said if their shows were not diverse it was due to problems finding black and Asian models. Others, like designer Carmen Marc Valvo, said the ethnic mix had improved.

In the past, he said, "You always had the token African-American girl, but everybody else was blond and blue-eyed. Now you have South Americans, so you have some brunettes," he said, noting Japanese supermodel Ai Tominaga was also emblematic of change.

Some designers said it was their artistic right to choose the color and body shapes that matched their fashion styles.

"My clothes transcend ethnicity," said Thuy Diep, a female designer from Vietnam. "My samples are a certain size and they have to fit right ... and that's more important than having one black person and one Asian person."

Rebecca Taylor said her only black model pulled out of her show and that the issue is "not something that should be over-analyzed."

"I don't feel like, 'Ooh, that girl's pulled out, we have got to replace her with another one,"' she said.

George Coleman, a designer attending but not showing a collection in New York, said some designers use models to cater to their desired demographic.

"For urban lines, you are going to have more (black models)," he said. "But is say, Ralph Lauren, gearing his stuff towards African-Americans? It's more for Caucasians."

But a minority of designers and models, like Campbell, who has promised to start a modeling agency in Kenya to redress the imbalance, have taken the issue in their own hands.

"America is a melting pot. I like diversification," Valvo said.

"They like to use a lot of "They like to use a lot of blondes and brunettes," blondes and brunettes," she said. "Sometimes they use more (black models) when there is an inspiration, such as an African-themed style of clothes ... but otherwise it is not too much."

In other words, REDHEAHDS are the real victims of discrimination here!!

This Can't Be Comfortable

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

I don't have titties and I can tell you that this bra is not comfortable. It's squeezing her luscious breasts! That's breast abuse.

So, this scientist named Joanne Morgan invented this special new bra for women with large breasts. She calls it the Faveo Freedom Bra. I call it retarded.

She came up with the idea when she bought a backless dress and couldn't find a bra that went with it. She said, "I tried the dress on at home. I didn't want to take it back to the shop and so started to experiment with new ways to invent a bra. I had my Eureka moment after a couple of glasses of wine.

"I wanted to test it straight away so I cut up lots of pieces of clothing to create a prototype. I worked well into the night, but realized pretty quickly that even my own crude attempt was a comfortable and supportive backless, strapless bra."

The bra will set you back $50 and unfortunately it's only available in the UK and Australia. You big tittied American women are out of luck. Actually, just make one using duct tape and Elmer's glue. It will probably be more comfortable.

Again, I don't have large breasts, so maybe this Joanne character is on to something! You tell me.

Michael K