princess

Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo DiCaprio's regrets over River Phoenix meeting

Leonardo DiCaprio regrets failing to introduce himself to River Phoenix at a Halloween party - because just hours after their chance encounter the young actor lost his life outside a Los Angeles nightclub.

DiCaprio was at the beginning of his Hollywood career when he spied his longtime hero Phoenix at a party on October 31, 1993.

The "Titanic" star, who was 18 at the time, was desperate to corner his idol for a chat but didn't have time to approach Phoenix before he left the party.

And DiCaprio will always remember the missed opportunity, because 23-year-old Phoenix collapsed and died from a drug overdose outside the Viper Room just hours later.

He tells Esquire magazine, "When I was eighteen, River Phoenix was far and away my hero. Think of all those early great performances - My Own Private Idaho, Stand by Me. I always wanted to meet him. One night, I was at this Halloween party, and he passed me. He was beyond pale - he looked white. Before I got a chance to say hello, he was gone, driving off to the Viper Room, where he fell over and died."

source: http://www.sfgate.com

...Before I got a chance to say hello, he was gone, driving off to the Viper Room, where he fell over and died."

That's a polite way of putting it :ninja:

DiCaprio 'Gets Therapy From Friends'

Leonardo DiCaprio has claimed that he spends time with his friends as "therapy".

The Shutter Island star says that he turns to his friends in order to escape the complexity of the characters he plays.

DiCaprio told Contactmusic: "I go out and have a drink every once in a while. Ooh, I know, that's controversial, isn't it? I sometimes go on a vacation, too.

"I take what I do very seriously and when I'm on the set that's all I focus on, so my vice is to hang out with my friends and talk about absolutely nothing of importance whatsoever and act like a complete idiot because I've got to filter out a lot of the serious stuff I'm dealing with all the time.

"It's like therapy to be a complete idiot with my friends, and it's just fantastic."

Shutter Island opens in the US on February 19 and in UK cinemas on March 12.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

...Before I got a chance to say hello, he was gone, driving off to the Viper Room, where he fell over and died."

That's a polite way of putting it :ninja:

Yeah, Leo. And even Phoenix's death... it's all about you, bud.

Bar Rafaeli 'Told Not To Marry DiCaprio'

Bar Rafaeli has reportedly been advised not to marry Leonardo DiCaprio.

The couple have been dating since 2006 but The Sun says that a Jewish organisation has now sent the Israeli model a letter urging her not to wed her boyfriend.

In the message, nationalist group Lehava said: "It is not by chance you were born Jewish. Your grandmother and her grandmother did not dream one of their descendants would remove future generations from the Jewish people."

The organisation added: "Come to your senses. Don't marry Leonardo DiCaprio."

DiCaprio's co-star Emily Mortimer recently admitted that she believes he will marry Rafaeli in the future.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Bar Rafaeli 'Told Not To Marry DiCaprio'

Bar Rafaeli has reportedly been advised not to marry Leonardo DiCaprio.

The couple have been dating since 2006 but The Sun says that a Jewish organisation has now sent the Israeli model a letter urging her not to wed her boyfriend.

In the message, nationalist group Lehava said: "It is not by chance you were born Jewish. Your grandmother and her grandmother did not dream one of their descendants would remove future generations from the Jewish people."

The organisation added: "Come to your senses. Don't marry Leonardo DiCaprio."

DiCaprio's co-star Emily Mortimer recently admitted that she believes he will marry Rafaeli in the future.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

I thought Lucas Haas was the reason she shouldn't marry Leo.

Bar Refaeli urged to dump Leonardo DiCaprio

An Israeli nationalist group has urged Bar Refaeli to ditch boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio - so she can settle down with a Jewish husband.

The supermodel, who has been dating the "Titanic" star on and off since 2005, was forced to deny rumors she was engaged to DiCaprio earlier this month after she was spotted wearing a ring on her wedding finger.

She told reporters the couple had no plans to marry - but her comments failed to stop an Israeli politician from warning her to stay away from the actor.

Baruch Marzel's letter, sent on behalf of the Lehava organization, read: "It is not by chance that you were born Jewish. Your grandmother and her grandmother did not dream that one of their descendants would one day remove the family's future generations from the Jewish people. Assimilation has forever been one of the enemies of the Jewish people."

Marzel adds that he "has nothing against Mr DiCaprio, who I have no doubt is a talented actor," before concluding: "Come to your senses, look forward and back too - and not only the present. Don't marry Leonardo DiCaprio, don't harm the future generations."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0i0tI7sYw

It brings him PR for his movie and this way, when he doesn't marry her - which he won't - then she has a good out.

I love Leo as an actor ~ He's in my top 3 ~ but I will never buy him as hetero except on the big screen where I can pretend he is. For me, he's like George Clooney that way. Love love LOVE them on the big screen but I don't pretend for one second about their private lives. :smileapprove:

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Sunk By Titanic

The 35-year-old actor didn't enjoy the fame he achieved by starring in the blockbuster movie because his appearance took precedence over his acting ability.

Leonardo - who starred in the movie with Kate Winslet - said: "At first I hated the way I was turned into a pretty boy, as if that was all that was expected of me.

"It made me almost want to stop acting for a while because the attention that was focused on me was not where I wanted to take my career.

"I didn't want to do romantic films or anything which just exploited my image or appearance. I also kind of had to be more careful about the friends I was hanging out with. I was living a pretty big life for a while and then that just gets tiresome."

Leonardo has also revealed children could be on the cards for him and girlfriend Bar Refaeli.

The 'Shutter Island' star admits family has become more important to him since the death of his 93-year-old grandmother Helene Indenbirken in 2008.

He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Family is something I'm starting to think about more and more, especially now that my grandmother is no longer around.

"It makes you think about the importance of things and how important it is to be part of a family - to have some meaning apart from your work."

Source femalefirst

Bar Refaeli urged to dump Leonardo DiCaprio

An Israeli nationalist group has urged Bar Refaeli to ditch boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio - so she can settle down with a Jewish husband.

The supermodel, who has been dating the "Titanic" star on and off since 2005, was forced to deny rumors she was engaged to DiCaprio earlier this month after she was spotted wearing a ring on her wedding finger.

She told reporters the couple had no plans to marry - but her comments failed to stop an Israeli politician from warning her to stay away from the actor.

Baruch Marzel's letter, sent on behalf of the Lehava organization, read: "It is not by chance that you were born Jewish. Your grandmother and her grandmother did not dream that one of their descendants would one day remove the family's future generations from the Jewish people. Assimilation has forever been one of the enemies of the Jewish people."

Marzel adds that he "has nothing against Mr DiCaprio, who I have no doubt is a talented actor," before concluding: "Come to your senses, look forward and back too - and not only the present. Don't marry Leonardo DiCaprio, don't harm the future generations."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0i0tI7sYw

In Judaism, the religion stays with the mother. So if she married Leo, her kids would technically be Jewish.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM ET

The biggest boys in Hollywood!

There are big stars and then there are big stars. And no, we're not referring to the size of their paychecks. Life & Style's new gossip column SCENE QUEENS scoured the showbiz scene to get the lowdown on who's big, ahem, downstairs. According to our very well-placed sources, these celebs are all 8 inches or more. We bring you the LA Pipeline! Members of this exclusive club include some very unlikely names: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ashton Kutcher, Jamie Foxx, David Arquette, David Spade, Jamie Kennedy, Brian Austin Green, Jared Leto, Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum and Andy Dick. "They have nicknames like Tripod and Crooked Stick, in Jamie Kennedy's case," says a source. "Most of these guys don't know one another. But as so many of their exes in LA have been spreading around the gossip about them, when they bump into each other, they give a knowing nod." As for Hollywood's smallest stars? Well, their secret is safe with us -- for now.

For more gossip from the SCENE QUEENS, pick up this week's issue of Life & Style, on newsstands now!

Posted Image

Leonardo DiCaprio. Shirtless. End of Story.

Today 7:30 AM PDT by EOL Staff

Eonline.com

We'll try to keep this brief so you can resume staring.

Sure, we could extract a bunch of quotes from Leonardo DiCaprio's new Rolling Stone interview where he talks about things like his younger years, dating, dealing with fame, blah, blah, blah.

But why should we waste your time with all that when it's the above photo of the Inception star lounging topless on a bed that really counts.

OK. As you were.

Posted Image

Eonline.com

Sure, we could extract a bunch of quotes from Leonardo DiCaprio's new Rolling Stone interview where he talks about things like his younger years, dating, dealing with fame, blah, blah, blah.

But why should we waste your time with all that when it's the above photo of the Inception star lounging topless on a bed that really counts.

OK. As you were.

Amen and Thank You! :4biggrin:

Posted Image

Eonline.com

OK. As you were.

Amen and Thank You! :4biggrin:

Normally Leo doesn't do it for me. Normally. :drool:

Can't people in Hollywood do anything without putting out a press release?

Pretty soon they're going to they're going to be twittering updates about their bowel movements. :rolleyes:

I believe Al Roker may have already done so -- he is taking a lot of crap for it ;)

Pretty soon they're going to they're going to be twittering updates about their bowel movements. :rolleyes:

I believe Al Roker may have already done so -- he is taking a lot of crap for it ;)

Ha ha ha!!!! :banana: