Sign in to follow this  
Guest cherry

Jude Law

Jude Law Judges Scholarship

Jude Law is to judge the Heath Ledger Scholarship competition.

The 'Alfie' actor - who along with Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell took over the late actor's role in 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' after he died of an accidental prescription drug overdose midway through filming in January 2008 - said he was "delighted" to be asked to pick this year's winner.

He said: "I am delighted and honoured to do what I can to keep Heath's legacy alive. He was a brilliant actor and a wonderful man and it is only fitting that this scholarship has been developed in his name."

The Australians in Film Heath Ledger Scholarship is awarded to an emerging Australian actor who wants to pursue a career in America.

This year's finalists will be announced in February 2010.

Source femalefirst

Law, Miller 'To Set Up Home Again'

Jude Law and Sienna Miller have reportedly started making plans to live together again.

According to The Sun, the on-off couple will set up home together in London in the New Year after reuniting in New York recently.

A source said: "They have told staff that they are in love and will be moving back to London in the spring and they will be living together as a couple once again."

On how the reconciliation came about, the insider added: "Jude was reluctant at first for anything to happen. But Sienna convinced him that she was still in love with him."

The pair are said to have grown close over the past few weeks after meeting up regularly as they appeared in separate Broadway plays.

Law split from Miller in 2006. Their relationship had allegedly been stormy ever since he confessed a year earlier to being unfaithful.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Jude Law Refuses To Regret

Jude Law doesn't want to have any regrets.

The 36-year-old actor - who has four children, including a two-month-old daughter Sophia from a brief fling with model Samantha Burke - doesn't want to look back over the years and wish he had done something different with his life.

He said: "I don't want to get to an age where I look back and say, 'Oh, I never did that.' "

Jude portrays Dr. Watson - the sidekick of fictional detective Sherlock Holmes, who is played by Robert Downey Jr. - in Guy Ritchie's big screen reimagining of the Arthur Conan Doyle character.

The 36-year-old actor initially had doubts about starring in 'Sherlock Holmes', but because of his new mantra, he was desperate not to miss out on working with such a highly-regarded actor.

He said: "That was in my mind when I met Robert for the first time. I wanted to work with him, so I said I'd do 'Sherlock Holmes'. Then, of course, two days later I thought, 'What am I doing? I'm going to play Dr. Watson and this is insane because is it really what I want to do?

"Luckily it evolved into a wonderful experience."

Jude also used the role to dispel previous beliefs his character was "bumbling and stupid".

He explained to the Daily Mirror newspaper: "One of the dynamics missing from the earlier film interpretations was a more accurate representation of Watson.

"There's no mention in Conan Doyle's stories of him being bumbling and stupid. That came about in the earlier movies because actor Basil Rathbone wanted a comic actor to play opposite him so that he looked more important and more serious in comparison. I rather liked the opportunity of bringing back some of the more accurate and edgy qualities."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Jude Law and Sienna Miller soak up the sun in Barbados

Jude Law and Sienna Miller have fuelled speculation they've reignited their romance after jetting to Barbados for a festive break in the sun.

The actress was spotted relaxing in a bikini with Law and his three children on one of the Caribbean island's white sand beaches on Sunday. They were also photographed giggling with delight during a dinghy ride.

Miller is said to have spent Christmas Day in Barbados, while the actor and his sons Rafferty, 12, and Rudy, seven, and daughter Iris, nine, flew in on December 26 after spending time with their actress mother Sadie Frost in London.

The couple has reportedly checked into a beachfront villa, where they will celebrate Miller's 28th birthday on Monday and Law's 37th on Tuesday.

It is the first time the "Alfie" co-stars have been photographed together since they split in 2006 after Law's fling with his children's nanny was exposed in the press.

Despite almost four years apart, both stars have struggled to find lasting love - Miller ended her on/off relationship with actor Rhys Ifans, and endured a romance with married actor Balthazar Getty earlier this year, while single Law became a dad for the fourth time in September following a brief fling with American model Samantha Burke.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Jude Law Heading For 'Disaster'

Jude Law's parents think his renewed romance with Sienna Miller is a "recipe for disaster".

The 'Sherlock Holmes' star has angered his family by reuniting with 'Factory Girl' actress Sienna - whom he was engaged to in 2005 - and taking her for a festive break to the Caribbean island of Barbados.

Jude usually spends the festive period with ex-wife Sadie Frost and their three children Rafferty, 13, Iris, nine, and Rudy, seven.

Butt his year he has taken the kids with him and Sienna on their tropical holiday.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "They have made it abundantly clear he doesn't have their blessing. They want him to be happy but think the two of them together is a recipe for disaster.

"They believe the relationship was a rollercoaster the last time and they were left to pick up the pieces when it finished."

Jude originally met Sienna on the set of 2004 film 'Alfie' and they got engaged in 2005. She broke off the wedding plans later that year after it emerged he'd cheated on her with his children's nanny. They finally split in 2006.

Sienna, who is 28 today, sparked rumours she was dating Jude again after they were spotted together on several occasions in New York, where they were both appearing in plays.

Jude, 37 tomorrow, became a father for the fourth time in September when model Samantha Burke gave birth to daughter Sophia. The couple had a brief romance after meeting in a nightclub in December 2008.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Jude Law Plans Meeting With Lovechild

Jude Law has reportedly decided to meet his 4-month-old lovechild with model Samantha Burke.

The Sherlock Holmes star, who became a father for the fourth time last September, is said to be willing to meet daughter Sophia within the next few weeks.

A source told the News of the World that Law plans to visit "within a few weeks" and said of Burke: "[she's] over the moon. She was hurt he had not seen Sophia."

Law also has a 13-year-old son called Rafferty, 9-year-old daughter Iris and 7-year-old son Rudy with ex-wife Sadie Frost.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Jude Law Ready To Propose

Jude Law is set to propose to Sienna Miller.

The 'Alfie' actor - who first got engaged to 'Factory Girl' star Sienna in 2004 - has rekindled his romance with the actress in recent months and is now ready to make her his fiancee again.

A source said: "Sienna was always the one. And now she is back in his life he never wants to let her go again.

"Jude did some serious thinking over Christmas in Britain with his ex-wife Sadie and the kids. And he realises just how important family life is to him.

"He needs a good woman to look after him. Sienna's fed up of the single life and wants to be with Jude for good."

Sienna's family are believed to be preparing themselves for a big announcement in the coming weeks.

The source added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: "It's only a matter of time before Jude pops the question. He and Sienna have never been happier together."

Jude and Sienna spent the festive period on the Caribbean island of Barbados together with his three children, Rafferty, Iris and Rudy, from his marriage to Sadie.

Last year, Jude became a father for the fourth time after American model Samantha Burke fell pregnant following a brief relationship.

Source femalefirst

Jude Law Silent On Baby

Jude Law refused to speak about his baby daughter during a TV interview.

Despite showing he is willing to laugh at himself in a range of sketches on US TV show 'Saturday Night Live' - which he co-hosted last weekend and dressed as a Spanish lothario serial killer and a Soviet ballet dancer - the 'Alfie' star was surprised to be quizzed about six-month-old Sophia, the child he fathered with model Samantha Burke following a brief fling.

Interviewer Ravish said to him: "According to the National Enquirer in December 2008, you impregnated a woman..."

Jude nervously smiled and said: "OK, OK, that's enough Ravish... that tabloid stuff isn't really nice to talk about in an interview. Maybe I should just go."

While Jude was reluctant to speak about the tot, the 'Repo Men' actor - who has three other children with ex-wife Sadie Frost - has reportedly agreed a custody settlement with Samantha.

He is said to have agreed to visit Sophia twice a year and will pay £5,000-a-month maintenance on the agreement his former lover won't speak to the media about him.

A source said: "Jude will visit his daughter at least twice a year, once around Christmas. His visit to meet Sophia in February was fleeting and seemed mainly business-like."

Source contactmusic

Jude Law Silent On Baby

Interviewer Ravish said to him: "According to the National Enquirer in December 2008, you impregnated a woman..."

Ok, that WAS an SNL skit... it was a joke. Is someone pulling that totally out of context or am I reading the article wrong.

Jude Law Silent On Baby

Ok, that WAS an SNL skit... it was a joke. Is someone pulling that totally out of context or am I reading the article wrong.

No, you're not reading it wrong. It's absolutely ridiculous the number of sites that are reporting that skit as if it was a real interview.

Jude Law's Book Anger

Jude Law is reportedly fuming over his ex-wife Sadie Frost's plans to reveal all about their marriage and subsequent divorce in a forthcoming autobiography.

The Alfie star was married to Frost for six years before they split in 2003 and now the fashion designer is set to lift the lid on their life together in her memoir.

But Law is not impressed and is said to be seeking legal advice from his girlfriend Sienna Miller's lawyers about the book.

A source tells Britain's Mail On Sunday, "Jude has told Sadie that he wants to know exactly what is written about him. "He is very worried that some of the revelations could be damaging to his career and upsetting for their children when they are old enough to read it.

"Jude... has consulted Sienna’s lawyers for advice. Sienna is also concerned because she doesn’t know what Sadie will say about her either."

The autobiography will also discuss Frost's childhood, career and celebrity pals, including supermodel Kate Moss.

Source femalefirst

Jude Law wins damages over tabloid photos

Jude Law has won $15,000 in damages after suing the editors of a British magazine for publishing photos of his children.

Law was appalled when pictures of his three children with ex-wife Sadie Frost holidaying with him and girlfriend Sienna Miller in the Caribbean over Christmas appeared in Hello! magazine.

The images of his sons Rafferty, 12, and Rudy, 7, and daughter Iris, 9, on a secluded beach were purchased and published by the U.K publication in January, and Law hit the editors with a breach of privacy lawsuit.

The case was settled in court earlier this week.

As part of the agreement, Hello! bosses have been ordered to cover Law's legal costs and they have agreed not to publish pictures of the actor with his kids until they reach the age of 18.

The settlement also states the magazine must not publish any images of Law in circumstances where "he has a reasonable expectation of privacy."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...8#ixzz0kjW3JR8z