cydonia

Sci Fi TV

I don't get the buzz on BSG...so I'm screwed with the exception of TZ repeats and Dr. Who. :D

*changes Avatar to honor MST3K* I am actually watching Mitchell on Youtube. In case y'all didn't know, some beautiful human being uploaded MST3K to Youtube....including Manos, The Hands of Fate!

We stopped watching for about a year after they cancelled Farscape--that was the first time they had a change in management and went for more "mainstream" offerings, I think. We don't watch BSG (yet....My husband hasn't discovered it, but give him time....We just started watching Dr. Who a few months ago---it takes him a while to "find" things ;) ) I like Eureka--that's the only other original series I can think of they've done that I like. But my husband says after the first few episodes it got too "fantastical" for him--again, moved away from the "science" aspect....And we wonder why our country produces so few scientists and engineers (relatively speaking) these days....Nothing to inspire them as children!

I don't get the buzz on BSG...so I'm screwed with the exception of TZ repeats and Dr. Who. :D

*changes Avatar to honor MST3K* I am actually watching Mitchell on Youtube. In case y'all didn't know, some beautiful human being uploaded MST3K to Youtube....including Manos, The Hands of Fate!

Yeah, I have been watching them all again, so much better than breaking out the old VHS tapes :D

Wrestling over Dresden :huh: WTF :huh: I do love Eureka, can't wait for it to return :lol:

I do love Eureka, can't wait for it to return :lol:

Have you seen any dates/promos for its summer (I assume) return??

I think Monk & Psyche on USA usually come back around July and thought last year Eureka came back at the same time....

Last night, the Top Gear with David Tennant aired. So funny, I adore him. Love Jeremy from Top Gear as well! (originally aired in the UK in Dece 2007 I think, but new to US on BBCAmerica)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmYibCSrOMg

Right around 2:40-3:00 is the highly amusing discussion of his male parts ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

any browncoats out there?

started watching FIREFLY DVD set. . . AGAIN!

GOD, i love this show!

i'm still completely infuriated that FOX (*coughsucksdonkeyballscough*) cancelled this series.

*wails to the 'verse*

"WHY, OH WHY CAN'T HBO or SHOWTIME PICK IT UP??"

*hangs head and cries*

Edited by iieee

any browncoats out there?

started watching FIREFLY DVD set. . . AGAIN!

GOD, i love this show!

i'm still completely infuriated that FOX (*coughsucksdonkeyballscough*) cancelled this series.

*wails to the 'verse*

"WHY, OH WHY CAN'T HBO or SHOWTIME PICK IT UP??"

*hangs head and cries*

Oh yeah - love it. In fact I just watched White Noise 2 this weekend only b/c Nathan was in it :P

Not only does FOX suck for cancelling the series, they majorly suck for not starting the series in the right order! Instead of starting with episode one, they started with the train robbery episode. No wonder people were confused. I hope Whedon doesn't do business with them again :angry:

Say what? Tennant leaving ‘Doctor Who’

Scottish actor has played time- and space-traveling alien hero since 2005

msnbc.com

LONDON - Britain's best-known time traveler is ending his journey. The BBC has announced that Scottish actor David Tennant will leave long-running science fiction series "Doctor Who" in just over a year.

Tennant has played the show's time- and space-traveling alien hero since 2005. He will appear in a Christmas special and four hour-long episodes to be aired in 2009 and early 2010. But he said Wednesday that when the series returns for a full season in 2010, "it won't be with me."

"This show has been so special to me," Tennant said. "I don't want to outstay my welcome."

"Doctor Who" was first broadcast in 1963 and is one of the BBC's longest-running and most popular programs. Tennant is the 10th actor to play the title character, who has the power to regenerate in a new body.

Classically trained Tennant, 37, is currently starring in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" for the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Heroes: Tim Kring says sorry

Simon Brew

We're not all saps and dipshits anymore, according to Heroes creator Tim Kring. Phew.

The trials and tribulations that the Heroes TV show is undergoing right now – with speculation rising about whether it stands much chance of a fourth season – wasn’t helped recently when its creator, Tim Kring, was quoted effectively calling fans “saps” and “dipshits”. This was at Screenwriting Expo, where he was talking about the ways people watch their TV in the modern day viewing era. Sadly, it's fair to say that his comments didn't come across well, seemingly insulting the very devotees that his show needs right about now.

Kring, however, has now issued an apology for his comments, arguing “It was a boneheaded attempt at being 'cute' and making a point. Instead, it turned out to be just plain insulting and stupid." He also said that “I need to strongly apologise for the slightly mangled quote of mine that is making its way around the internet. It was made while trying to explain the rise in DVR and online audience for the show.”

The fall of Heroes since its maiden season has been well charted, (and debated - there is a case that season three has seen a general improvement, even if that isn't the consensus) and the show needs all the good PR it can get right now, given its high budget, low critical reaction and disappointing ratings.

Mr Kring's comments, it’s fair to say, probably didn’t help…

Heroes: Tim Kring says sorry

Simon Brew

We're not all saps and dipshits anymore, according to Heroes creator Tim Kring. Phew.

The trials and tribulations that the Heroes TV show is undergoing right now – with speculation rising about whether it stands much chance of a fourth season – wasn’t helped recently when its creator, Tim Kring, was quoted effectively calling fans “saps” and “dipshits”. This was at Screenwriting Expo, where he was talking about the ways people watch their TV in the modern day viewing era. Sadly, it's fair to say that his comments didn't come across well, seemingly insulting the very devotees that his show needs right about now.

Kring, however, has now issued an apology for his comments, arguing “It was a boneheaded attempt at being 'cute' and making a point. Instead, it turned out to be just plain insulting and stupid." He also said that “I need to strongly apologise for the slightly mangled quote of mine that is making its way around the internet. It was made while trying to explain the rise in DVR and online audience for the show.”

The fall of Heroes since its maiden season has been well charted, (and debated - there is a case that season three has seen a general improvement, even if that isn't the consensus) and the show needs all the good PR it can get right now, given its high budget, low critical reaction and disappointing ratings.

Mr Kring's comments, it’s fair to say, probably didn’t help…

Tim Kring is an asshat.

Well, Heroes will be off the air sooner than later. Good Riddance... -_-

I guess he can blame the audience again...as opposed to having sucky ass writing.

Casualty star Paterson Joseph could become first black Dr Who as BBC set to announce David Tennant's replacement

By Simon Cable

02nd January 2009

Doctor Who fans will discover the identity of the latest actor to play the Time Lord.

Paterson Joseph is the runaway favourite and would become the first black man in the role.

David Tennant announced in October that he was stepping down after filming four special episodes in 2009. Since then fans have been busy debating on internet forums who will take over.

David Morrissey, who starred in the Doctor Who Christmas special, was previously a favourite.

There has also been speculation that Billie Piper, who played the Doctor's assistant Rose Tyler, would become the first woman to take the part.

Tennant's replacement, the eleventh Doctor since the programme was first aired in 1963, will be revealed in Doctor Who Confidential on BBC One at 5.35pm.

The BBC have kept the actor's identity a close secret but did admit they made the decision over Christmas. He or she will star in the 2010 series, due to begin filming in the summer.

Joseph, 44, was the leading contender, with bookmakers William Hill last night putting him at 4/6.

He has starred in two previous Doctor Who episodes, both in 2005, and once commented 'any actor would love the challenge' of playing the character.

He starred alongside Leonardo di Caprio in the film The Beach and has had a number of roles in TV dramas such as Soldier Soldier and Casualty.

Rupert Adams at William Hill said: 'All the betting in the last 24 hours has been on Paterson.'

One-time favourite David Morrissey, 44, was second and 31-year-old Chiwetel Ejiofor third.

Comedian Jennifer Saunders, Hollywood star Catherine Zeta-Jones and comedian David Walliams have also all been mentioned as possible candidates.

Fans on internet forum doctorwho.com were divided over the prospect of a new Doctor.

One, WhoFanatic said: 'Good luck to whoever plays the 11th incarnation of the Doctor. I hope it's Paterson Joseph.'

Another, Bradley Edwards said: 'It will never be the same when David Tennant has gone, no matter who the actor is.

This "syfy" crap? Oy. It's SCIence FIction. Why must the letters be changed?

Watched Warehouse 13 last night. Cute. I'll continue to record it (what can I say - I like the Librarian movies with Noah Wyle too :unsure: )

Also--something I had not heard about (bad me!) is the new Torchwood miniseries that starts July 20 on BBCAmerica - I know I'll want to watch that: http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/262/index.jsp

And--Eureka season 3 part 2 starts up on Friday (July 11) Summer is so much more fun (on tv) than it used to be!

This "syfy" crap? Oy. It's SCIence FIction. Why must the letters be changed?

Watched Warehouse 13 last night. Cute. I'll continue to record it (what can I say - I like the Librarian movies with Noah Wyle too :unsure: )

Also--something I had not heard about (bad me!) is the new Torchwood miniseries that starts July 20 on BBCAmerica - I know I'll want to watch that: http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/262/index.jsp

And--Eureka season 3 part 2 starts up on Friday (July 11) Summer is so much more fun (on tv) than it used to be!

The name change must be because it's cute and trendy :rolleyes:

Hoya, did you ever see Sanctuary? I'm wondering if Warehouse 13 is similar to that show, just with a different location and different actors/actresses.

Hoya, did you ever see Sanctuary? I'm wondering if Warehouse 13 is similar to that show, just with a different location and different actors/actresses.

Never saw that - looking at the description, it's different (but, like the Librarian stuff, similar in concept) Looks like Sanctuary gathered beings? Warehouse 13 gathers objects.

Agreed with the new Scifi name sucking. Would it hurt to play reruns of MST 3000, Six Million Dollar Man or Bionic Woman? I watched Warehouse 13...it was ok. I liked the original concept and it seems like this could follow in the footsteps of The Night Stalker(Kolchak). I think the series needs more humor and better storylines.

not real happy about the name change either

watched Warehouse 13, not as good as I had hoped but it has potential, I'll watch again

I haven't watched the scifi channel for some time. Mainly because I don't have as much time as I used to (I am trying to lose weight so i am at the gym alot). I also have found that I did not miss it much even though I have a DVR now and on demand. BSG really killed it for me. On it's own it's a pretty decent show but they just messed with something I really enjoyed as a kid. If they ever do a series based on The Lord Of the Rings, I suppose Frodo will be the young gay lover of Gandalf.

Edited by alpierce

Agreed with the new Scifi name sucking. Would it hurt to play reruns of MST 3000, Six Million Dollar Man or Bionic Woman? I watched Warehouse 13...it was ok. I liked the original concept and it seems like this could follow in the footsteps of The Night Stalker(Kolchak). I think the series needs more humor and better storylines.

loved that show BobbyD!

loved that show BobbyD!

Me 2...great minds...think alike. ;)

I need to get the DVD collection.

BobbyD, I'm with you on MST3K...WHY WON'T THEY GIVE IT BACK

I know...I'm too lazy to buy the MST3K DVD's so I watch them in parts on Youtube. But damn....it would be soooo good to see it on TV again. Instead, we have to sit through those HORRIBLE Scifi Original Movies. I keep hoping Crow T Robot will show up and start making fun of the Scifi movies like "Gargoyle," "Ogre," and "Mutant Chronicles!" :4biggrin:

I guess it's like the Twilight crap - marketed at a different demographic...(I'm speaking in generalities here - but I think most of us posting are a little older than teens?) We actually want a decent plot, not just nifty special effects?

Although I freely admit I like some of the cheesy - I prefer my scifi with humor, not drama, and that tends to be more on the cheesy side....