princess

Diva Behavior Reports

When Tennis Players Attack

Friday August 13, 2004

National Enquirer Online

Tennis star Serena Williams didn't volley any "love" when she asked for a duplicate key to her room at the Beverly Hills Hotel -- and was refused! Discreet Serena had registered the room under the name of her male friend for privacy and forgot her key when she went out -- but when she returned and requested a duplicate, a female desk clerk told her hotel policy forbids issuing a key without permission from the registered occupant. "You stupid BITCH," screamed Serena, stopping lobby-ists dead in their tracks and shocking the clerk -- who was just doing her job -- into tears! "I'll have you FIRED for this!" A manager rushed over and did what weasel managers always do -- apologized for "the inconvenience." It was game, set and match to Serena, who snatched her key and stormed off!

From the Daily News

I'm obsessing over the interview with Thandie Newton in the latest issue of Trace magazine. First of all (you'll have to imagine the snaps), she doesn't even want an Oscar, okay?

"The Oscars mean nothing to me now," she says. "After 'Beloved,' I realized that a lot of people in the Academy just don't get to watch a lot of the movies that come out."

Newton, who left icicles on my notepad after my own brief encounter with her, addresses rumors that she's perceived by African-Americans as being cold. "It might be because I'm English and educated." Brrr! "It may also be the accent and the very cool sophistication people see in me." Double brrr!

She concludes, "Emotionally I'm a chameleon, and when I'm presenting myself in a formal way, it may seem rehearsed. I guess I carry some of my mum's spirit with me, and perhaps African-American audiences can sense that bottomless African sadness in me."

So remember, the next time you're called out for your attitude, just blame it on your "bottomless African sadness."

popbitch.com

>> Stolen by Streisand <<

Babs goes on the take

Forget Winona, Barbra Streisand is the most

famous klepto in Hollywood. Something in her

trailer goes missing every day. For example,

the crew will come in and find a bunch of fresh

flowers thrown in the bin because she's walked

off with the vase. And it's always the cheap

horrible things that get taken.

DOWN ON BROWN

Page Six

FOXY Brown, you've worn out your welcome at the Louis Vuitton flagship on Fifth Avenue. A fed-up staffer called us Friday while the rapper was throwing a tantrum inside the store to plead for us to expose Foxy's abominable behavior. "She comes in here all the time and yells at people, curses at us, snaps her fingers at us. She's just awful. We've all had it." Foxy also has a habit of returning anything she buys if she doesn't get a "celebrity discount."

FOXY HOUNDED

Page Six

MISTREATED retail minions are piling on the beleaguered Foxy Brown , the hip-hop hoochie accused of terrorizing staffers at the Louis Vuitton flagship and beating a nail salon girl with her cellphone this week. Yesterday, a Barneys staffer e-mailed us claiming Brown called her a "stupid bitch" because she couldn't find the size Brown was looking for. "She literally got three inches from my face and told me that she would have me fired because I did not have the size she was looking for," relayed our tipster. "After she left, I informed management, who promptly did nothing due to her washed-up celeb status. Keep up the good work, guys!"

Page Six sure is gunning for her lately. :D

TIGHT-FISTED

Page Six

THERE'S an imperfection that might offer a clue as to why Tiger Woods and Swedish stunner Elin Nordegren have reportedly split. He's cheap. A valet at the Rio in Las Vegas tells us Woods is one of the worst tippers ever. "Tiger is arrogant and cheap," the valet said. "He would rather carry his own bag than tip us. But if Tiger is traveling with his dad, his dad compensates for his son's thoughtlessness." On the other hand, another Woods, actor James Woods, is the nicest man — "great guy, friendly, egoless, and great tipper."

filth2go.com

Naomi Campbell is difficult. OK, that may not be a startling revelation. It’s like saying Faye Dunaway has a bit of a temper. But Naomi is well on her way to becoming a regular feature in this column, joining the ranks of Fayewatch and Ross Rage. You’ll recall that the model was forced to get anger management counseling after throwing a cell phone at her personal assistant in 1998. In Naomi’s defense, she didn’t like the way the assistant’s hair looked that day! She’s currently being sued by another personal assistant (we’re well into double digits here) for brutally slapping her and holding her hostage back in 2001. And on top of that, last month, Campbell was investigated by the NYPD for beating her maid! Allegedly, Naomi has struck back (so to speak) and leaked to the authorities that said maid used a forged Social Security card to get a driver’s permit. Good help is SO hard to find!

Leona Helmsley was known for being “particular” (a nice was of saying she was difficult, too). I’m told that time has mellowed the 84-year-old widow. Well, time and 18 months in the slammer. Ironically enough, Leona spent her sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Connecticut – the same joint where Martha Stewart is soon to reside! My sources tell me that Leona has sent Martha a message that she’d like to give her some tips on how to make her “stay” as comfortable as possible. Something tells me Martha could teach Helmsley a thing or two!

NAOMI GOES BATTY BACKSTAGE

Page Six

NAOMI Campbell lived up to her diva reputation backstage in the Bryant Park tents last week. At the Esteban Cortazar show, she refused to get changed with the other models and insisted that a hair and makeup room be converted into her personal dressing room. Then she refused to walk in one of the designer's creations because she didn't like the way it looked on her. "Esteban ran over to her and begged her to come out, but she wouldn't do it," tattles our mole. Later on, Campbell erupted at her makeup artist ? who, along with her hairdresser, publicist, personal assistant and camera crew, followed her to all the shows ? because she didn't like her makeup job. "She almost didn't walk, but finally they convinced her to do it," says our spy. The next day, before strutting in the Rosa Cha swimsuit show, Campbell berated a producer who had told Campbell's entourage to stay out of the way of the other models, snapping, "I can make sure you'll never work at another fashion show again!" But even our eyewitness had to admit, "Naomi really looks great. She was probably the only model at Rosa Cha over 21, and she looked every bit as good as them. It's too bad she's so ugly on the inside."

Ted C. of E!

Leonardo DiCaprio , making a semi-fuss for the entire crew on a New Yawk-to-Hell-Ay flight. American. The graceless A-lister was indignant and stubborn about hanging up his cell phone. Wearing a purple jogging suit and a sideways cap--a too-perf pimp getup--Leo whined and growled about his meal. Mr. D. may be Gisele's number-one hunk, but this aircraft was ready to say so long quick.

histar.com

MONICA LEWINSKY must be feeling a little feisty these days. After Monica cut in line at a New York ice cream shop, a fellow customer snapped a picture of her with a digital camera. This did not sit well with Monica, so she asked the woman if she would mind erasing the picture. The woman told her, "No... that's what you get for cutting in line"... and CHAOS ENSUED!!! Monica... now enraged... bombarded the woman with a string of obscenities, then smeared ICE CREAM all over the woman's shirt!!! Monica told the "New York Post" that she did NOT cut in line, but she admitted that she, quote, "ICED" a woman.

Ted C. of E!

It was just too (Hollywood-ized) American-dream perfect: There at the beach, at the superbusy Marmalade, to be exact, waltzed in the blindingly beautiful Cindy Crawford (in pink), Rande Gerber (in chinos) and little-baby-Jesus-esque offspring, Presley Walker and Kaya Jordan.

The family Gerber (okay, let's be real--Crawford) requested a table in the very crowded establishment, with piles of folks already waiting. The management said it would be 20 minutes at the very least.

"We can't wait," Papa G. is reported to have responded, ever so nicely.

Well, doll-muffins, I think you see where this item is going. After all, is this a column that heat-seeks butt-licking in less time than it takes Ben Affleck to do a combover. Exactly.

So, 'course, the G-C party was seated immediately. This caused the head of a not as attractive fam-unit that had been waiting for more than 45 minutes to storm over to Gerber in a machismo flush of freshly laundered testosterone and spout:

"You're just being taken care of because you're married to Cindy Crawford!" Mr. Sassy sniffed. "Otherwise, you wouldn't be seated!"

Further nastiness ensued, but, I swear, no fist exchanges took place. And then both parties ended up leaving in a huff of heterosexual bitchery.

Just another sordid day in Malibu.

JUNKET JUNK

Zap2It.com gossip

Billy Burke and Balthazar Getty were acting every bit the spoiled celeb while doing press for "Ladder 49." Burke who apparently thinks he's a rock star with his spike black hair wore dark sunglasses throughout the interview wile co-star Balthazar Getty gave a cheeky wink to one of the female journalists.

gossiplist.com

The oddest sighting I have ever had, and that has colored

my perception of the actor ever since, was Vince Vaughn

several years ago (just after "Swingers" came out). A

friend and I were sitting right near him and a couple

friends for lunch at a deli, and he just went off on

the waitress for not bringing him "half and half french

fries and onions rings" (they let you order that in place

of just fries or just rings). To clarify: she brought

him both fries and onions rings, but the distribution was

apparently not 50/50 enough for his liking (he kept

slamming his arm on the table in a dividing motion to

signify "half and half"). He completely went nuts, yelling

at the waitress etc. (who was very polite, and seemed

quite upset by the encounter). My friend and I couldn't

stop laughing b/c it was so bizarre. Now every time I

see him on screen, all I can think of is him doing that

arm slam-down motion and yelling "half and half".

The Answer Bitch

EOnline.com

Have you ever met any celebrities who are genuinely as nice as they like to portray during interviews? Also, are there any whose personalities are completely opposite their public persona?

Kimberly Taylor, Greenville, North Carolina

Nice: Anybody from American Idol, Survivor or any reality show. Brendan Fraser. Unpleasant: P. Diddy, John Goodman, David Schwimmer, Nicky Hilton, et al.

Page Six

FULL OF HIMSELF

JARED Leto should be more polite. The "Alexander" star's bad behavior is being chronicled on the blog Lindsayism.com. In 2002, while touring with his band, 30 Seconds to Mars, Leto was a stickler about not using his name to promote the group; when being interviewed, he wouldn't talk about anything but the music. "It's all about the music, man," the blog quotes him. Worse, when he was invited to share Thanksgiving dinner with a bandmate's family, Leto did "not even acknowledge that this family had prepared dinner for everyone and just walked around talking on his cellphone." Leto's rep did not return calls.

pagesixsixsix.com

ometimes, life is better than fiction, especially when one of the Desperate Houswives is involved!

Diva Nicolette Sheridan was recently called a "nasty, nasty lady star" for being, well, a nasty, nasty lady star - and she did not like it one bit.

According to reports, Sheridan was dining at LA's Sushi Nozawa when she tried to send back some "too fishy" flounder.

Seems the temperamental chef Nozawa, known to many as the Sushi Nazi, wouldn't allow it, though. All his regular customers understand there are no returns and no exchanges--ever. But the episode quickly became a diva duel, complete with voices raised (as Hollywood heavyweights including Lucy Liu looked on).

One eyewitness said, "Nicolette had a meltdown--she was absolutely seething." Nozawa himself said, "She kept yelling how angry she was. I told her, 'No, I am angry with you! You need to get out now and never come back!" Sheridan shouted he couldn't treat people like that and called him a "weird old man." He reportedly screamed, "You're nasty, nasty lady star. That's it. You are banned for life. No sushi for you!"

popbitch.com

>> Beyonce flips her lid <<

Tales of the autograph hunters

Beyonce Knowles was browsing in the Burberry

Shop at Heathrow when she was approached by

a fan, who asked for her autograph. Beyonce

graciously agreed, and the fan handed over

a pen and piece of paper. Beyonce looked in

horror at the pen, and handed it back to

the fan who had to take the lid off before

she would sign.

PARIS HILTON IGNORES HOTEL RULES

March 17, 2005

Provided by: National Enquirer Online

Displaying her utter contempt for the "little people," Paris Hilton bopped into a swanky BevHills apartment building, ignored the doorman when he asked who she was visiting - and headed for the elevators. The doorman stepped in her path and insisted, "This is not the Hilton Hotel. You have to be announced - just like any other guest." Refusing to answer or acknowledge him, Paris whipped out her cell phone, called her driver outside and told him: "Deal with this!" Then she handed the phone to the flabbergasted doorman, who finally stepped aside after her driver divulged the tenant's name. Said an eyewitness: "Paris had such a bad attitude it was sad." . . . And how was YOUR week?

Mariah's Diva Demands(Sky Showbiz - Powered by Sky News)There's nothing more amusing than a B-list star acting like a Queen and issuing ridiculous demands.This is the position that Mariah Carey has put herself in after news of her recent trip to London.The singer was due to stay at the Baglioni hotel in Kensington, where her entourage had booked 15 rooms...However, the hotel had foolishly forgotten to roll out the red carpet flanked by the correct large white candles - at 2.15 in the morning.This oversight was so appalling to poor Mariah, that she had to suffer the indignity of driving around the block in a cavalcade of limos until everything was in order.Her aides had rocked up at 2am to check everything was set for her arrival, when they were met with ordinary pavement and lighting.Clearly this wouldn't do, so hotel staff were summoned to rectify the situation - as Ms Carey will not step on a dirty pavement.But once the plush red rug was rolled out and the big fat candles were lit, Mariah finally turned up to take residence in one of the 15 rooms she'd booked."It's not unheard of for us to rush a red carpet out for a guest," the hotel's operations manager said."We're used to dealing with high-profile guests and everyone has their own requirements."Mariah, who flew over to the UK on a private jet, is in the country to promote her latest album.Back in January she paid £1,500 to have her Jack Russell flown first class from New York to join her in Los Angeles.

superficial.com

"Last time I [Pamela Anderson] met her [Paris Hilton] we were in a restaurant together - she [Paris] slammed the menu down and screamed, 'I hate reading! Someone tell me what's on the menu!' I mean, I'm blonde but c'mon."

popbitch.com

>> Desert Storm <<

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz are

real-life lovers and star together in

ludicrous new action movie Sahara.

When making the film, Cruz happily made do with

the production's hair stylist and make up guy.

McConaughey, on the other hand, insisted that he

needed his own personal make up artist and hair

stylist and two hair colourists.

nydailynews.com

We love Téa Leoni on screen, but the actress is apparently a tad tricky in real life.

She was in New York recently with hubby David Duchovny to promote their movie, "House of D."

"She had been working her publicist very hard," says a source close to the flack. "Then while she was still in town, a big box arrived at their office. The girls thought it might be a thank-you present."

No such luck. It was Leoni's dirty clothes for dry cleaning.

"There was a note in the box that said: 'I can't deal with this. Can you?'"

The official word from Leoni's West Coast rep? "It's not true. Miss Leoni's assistant sent the clothes to the Regency Hotel to be dry-cleaned for her talk appearances."

NY POST...PAGE 6 JANICE Dickinson's foul mouth is supposedly sending some members of her West Hollywood gym scrambling for the exits. One fed-up staffer at the Equinox sweat shop called us to complain that the self-proclaimed "world's first supermodel" has been hurling abuse at her fellow gym rats. "She had a meltdown in the ladies' locker room and started calling everyone the c-word," claimed our snitch. "She is very abusive and out-of-control. Some people are leaving the gym because of her behavior. The management has had meetings about her, but they haven't approached her yet." But Dickinson - currently causing chaos on VH1's "The Surreal Life" - denied all. "Every time I go, people are very nice to me," she told us from the set of TV's "Charmed," where she was filming a cameo. "I've got a lot of [bleeping] enemies. I'm confounded. Maybe people are trying to make me look like Naomi Campbell, but I'm not Naomi Campbell, I'm Janice Dickinson. I'm sure there are a lot of really angry ladies there because I do have an amazing body . . . There's a lot of angry, jealous bitches." Dickinson is currently rehearsing for her one-woman show, "What Would Janice Do?," at Hollywood's El Rey Theater from Aug. 29 to Sept. 1.

JESSICA'S DIVA DEMANDS

August 11, 2005

Provided by: Star

Jessica Simpson, 25, likes to act clueless, but she can swing her celebrity weight like a pro.

According to a studio source, weeks before the press tour for The Dukes of Hazzard began, "we were bombarded with a six-page pamphlet of demands for Jessica from the office of her dad, Joe Simpson."

Among Jessica's requests: paid accommodations for her hairstylist and assistant in the same hotel as Jessica; a wardrobe budget estimated in the thousands of dollars; cases of Evian water; and paid private airfare for Jessica and her crew. "If we did not accommodate her, then she would not do the press tour," claims the source, who adds that she even demanded to know why her costar Johnny Knoxville was booked in different hotels. (He was traveling with his wife, a source says.)

The same diva routine played out at a recent magazine photo shoot, according to another source. "She was just yelling out demands the whole time, and if she didn't get what she wanted, she'd complain that she felt sick and go cry to her father." Her rep denies the story, calling it "ridiculous."

Although Jessica did travel with her regular stylists, the rep said, it "is not at all unusual for a 14-day promotional tour like this one."

Ted C. of E!

We hate her."

--Barneys New York sales clerk, regarding Angelina Jolie

No, Ms. J. ain't bitchy to the help. Jennifer Lopez she's not. But the overly buffed beauties who hail from behind the counter at the supersnotty Manhattan department store nevertheless are displeased with Camp Jolie.

Take earlier this week, for ince. Ms. J., with daughter Zahara and enough goon-guards to make Wilmer Valderrama seethe with jealousy, walked in to shop. Or not.

"She does this all time," sniffed a clerk whose closet at home would most likely outdo Jolie's. "She gets her assistants to mark down the [style] numbers on the outfits she wants and then calls the designer direct."

Quelle horreur!

Ms. J.'s official reppers did not comment. They rarely do. They're sorta like their boss, come to think of it--they walk with a big stick of salacious silence.

Sure enough, on Ms. J.'s recent posh retail trip, which had onlookers staring practically comatose in a sort of marriage-wreck trance, she picked up nada. Save said tracking numbers.