MMM1

What are you reading?

Year One by Nora Roberts. I liked it.

Was recommended to me by my mother who doesn't even like post apocalyptic stuff. She said she read it. Then read it again she liked it so much. The second book comes out end of the year. Haven't convinced her to watch The Walking Dead yet because of it, but she doesn't poo poo the walkers anymore :D

Wednesday Martin who wrote "Primates of Park Ave" has a new book out - Boyfriends of Dorothy". I just downloaded it free from Amazon prime....

I think (hope) it's fiction - I thought Primates would have been better as fiction because it was crap as non-fiction/faux academic...

On 6/17/2018 at 5:07 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Wednesday Martin who wrote "Primates of Park Ave" has a new book out - Boyfriends of Dorothy". I just downloaded it free from Amazon prime....

I think (hope) it's fiction - I thought Primates would have been better as fiction because it was crap as non-fiction/faux academic...

It was....not good. Cringey, really. 

Currently reading The Royal We by the Fug Girls (Heather Cocks, Jessica Morgan). Fiction, but about a british royal couple. Love it ?

I just read Baby Teeth -- it's just out and making a big splash right now. It's being billed as a cross between We Need to Talk About Kevin + Gone Girl + The Omen.

I feel like they threw Gone Girl in there to attract readers cause that one is a bit of a stretch but man this was some crazy shit.

Reading new Deborah Harkness - Time's Convert. So far so good.

Also they're making the first book into a streaming movie. Grr. I'd like things to be on TV so I can actually see things....

https://tvline.com/2018/10/08/the-dresden-files-tv-series-jim-butcher-novels/

(Also new TV remake of Dresden Files, which I'm happy about too!!)

• Like 1

Did everyone but me know Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writes Sherlock Holmes novels??? The 2nd just came out and I grabbed it at the library, then realized I needed the first which I grabbed for $1.99 on my Kindle ?

1. Mycroft Holmes

2. Mycroft and Sherlock

Finished Mycroft yesterday and started the second today. I recommend!

If you're a fan of Holmes-ish fiction, I would also recommend the Charlotte Holmes series by Sherry Thomas. 2 out so far with a third on the way:

A study in Scarlet Women
A Conspiracy in Belgravia
The Hollow of Fear

Thanks Hoya, our county library has each book and a comic by written by  Abdul-Jabbar titled  Mycroft  Holmes and the apocalypse handbook 1.  I  requested each one.  Reading Ambush by James Patterson now.

• Like 1

Mycroft Holmes and the graphic novel Mycroft Holmes and the Apocalypse.  I have Mycroft and Sherlock  next.  Thanks Hoya!

• Like 1

I'm reading Busy Phillips book and My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. Loving them both so far!

Is anyone on Goodreads? I set a reading challenge at the beginning of every year. I failed miserably this year.....womp womp.

• Thanks 1

I’m on goodreads. I usually set my challenge to 52 and finish with somewhere between 70-90. This year I just finished 52 last week. Slow reading year for me too. I just finished The Woman in Cabin 10 and am currently on the Witch Elm and Turtles All the Way Down (dont judge, I use my teens as an excuse). 

• Like 1

I joined goodreads to look up or do something, but I don't track my reading on it. I do like the monthly emails with new books they send out. My library started doing that too, on facebook and twitter.....

I used to be super active on Goodreads. I was friends with a lot of book bloggers and wrote some reviews. Then I had kids. They destroyed my reading life. I hope when my younger daughter is in full time school I can find the time and mental energy to read again. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 9:54 PM, witchkitten said:

I used to be super active on Goodreads. I was friends with a lot of book bloggers and wrote some reviews. Then I had kids. They destroyed my reading life. I hope when my younger daughter is in full time school I can find the time and mental energy to read again. 

Same same same same same

At any rate, I'm reading The Water Cure right now and I'm liking it!

• Like 2

Just finished That Churchill Woman by Stephanie Barron. Really good (about Jenny Jerome - Winston Churchill's mother, married to Randolph CHurchill). Barron wrote a series of mysteries with Jane Austen as the sleuth - loved those!

Next up - most recent Sophie Kinsella that just came out - I Owe You One. I have a few non-fiction on my nightstand too - I've expanded the sources I follow on twitter and have found a lot of reading recommendations - getting out of my white privilege & educating myself.....

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 4:43 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Reading new Deborah Harkness - Time's Convert. So far so good.

Also they're making the first book into a streaming movie. Grr. I'd like things to be on TV so I can actually see things....

NOT just streaming!! A Discovery of Witches will air on AMC/BBCAmerica.  Starts next week (Apr 7) and I've just added it to the DVR ?

https://ew.com/theater-reviews/2019/02/10/a-discovery-of-witches-amc-bbc-america/

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1