cydonia

Oddly Enough

Police pull man from toilet waste tank

A US man was arrested after a teenage girl saw him staring up at her from a

cesspit below a toilet seat.

Police pulled the 45-year-old from the waste tank under a public toilet at a

beauty spot in Albany, New Hampshire.

Captain Jon Hebert, of the Carroll County Sheriff's Department, said

firefighters hosed the man down before police handcuffed him.

"We had to decontaminate him. We treated him as if he were hazardous

material," he told the Union Leader.

"I started this business in 1980, and I have never in my career encountered

anybody in this type of situation."

The man, from Gardiner, Maine, was arrested in the White Mountain National

Forest after the 14-year-old girl's parents called the police.

Police said the door to the waste tank was locked so he must have gone in

through the toilet. He was wearing waders.

Police charged the man with criminal trespass, and say he could face more

charges.

Teacher Used Sick Days for Pro Wrestling

Fri Jul 1,12:24 PM ET

A high school social studies teacher took 11 sick days so he could perform as a professional wrestler with moves he called the "lungblower" and the "over drive," investigators said.

The school system is seeking reimbursement from Matthew Kaye, 31, who has resigned.

According to investigators, Kaye told school officials he was taking the sick days in December and February to care for an ill sister, and he sometimes provided doctors' notes. They said they later discovered that his wrestling Web site listed him as being on tour for World Wrestling Entertainment on those days.

Kaye's site lists him as Matt Striker, saying he has also performed under names including Matt Martel and Hydro, part of a tag team called Los Lunatics.

"He is known for his charisma, his ability to adjust and his innovative manuvers like: The Over Drive (a modified swinging neckbreaker) as well as the Lungblower and other unusual submission and impact moves," the site says.

Kaye, who taught social studies at Benjamin Cardozo High School, stepped down in April after investigators tried to interview him about his second career.

Schools Special Investigator Richard Condon recommended that Kaye not be rehired. Kaye said he was willing to repay the money and hoped to get his job back.

In a statement on his site, Kaye said he didn't realize sick days and personal days "were two entirely different things." He said he had good relationships with his students and many of them did well on their examinations "because I taught them!"

"I would have been better off beating a kid, because those teachers always seem to keep their jobs," he told the Daily News.

Thu Jun 30, 9:13 AM ET

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Two failing students face arson charges after accepting teacher Tramesha Lashon Fox's offer of a passing score in exchange for torching her car in a botched insurance scheme, authorities said on Wednesday.

"All three have confessed," senior fire investigator Dustin Deutsch of the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office said.

Fox, 32, was in the process of surrendering to authorities, Deutsch and Fox's attorney told Reuters. Roger Luna, 18, was arrested on Tuesday while Darwin Arias, 17, was not yet in custody, Deutsch said.

The two males each face one count of arson, punishable by two to 20 years in prison. Fox faces charges of arson and insurance fraud, also punishable by two to 20 years in prison.

Fox's 2003 Chevrolet Malibu was reported stolen on May 27 and was found burned with signs of forced theft 12 days later in a wooded area near Arias' home, investigators said.

Investigators became suspicious when they learned Fox had bought a new 2005 Toyota Corolla a week before the Malibu -- on which she owed $20,000 -- was reported stolen.

"During preliminary interviews with the teacher, she advised us it was the work of students and gave us a list of six or seven, which I thought was kind of suspicious," Deutsch said, noting Luna and Arias were not on the list.

A check of calls made from Fox's cell phone pointed toward one of the other suspects, Deutsch said. Fox confessed in a subsequent interview and fingered Luna and Arias, he said.

Fox's attorney told Reuters he did not have enough information to comment on the details of the case.

dumbasses..... :rolleyes:

A high school social studies teacher took 11 sick days so he could perform as a professional wrestler with moves he called the "lungblower" and the "over drive," investigators said.

Hum... maybe we should spread the word to all teachers about an alternate carear :D

Estonians snatch world wife-carrying title again

Estonia reigned supreme once again in the wife-carrying world championship on Saturday, as Margo Uusorg sprinted home to win the Baltic country's eighth straight title in the offbeat competition.

Forty couples from 10 countries gathered in the remote Finnish village of Sonkajarvi to complete a 253.5-meter-long obstacle course. A man must carry a woman, not necessarily his spouse, through a pool and across hurdles.

The few rules require a minimum weight of 49 kg (108 lb) for the "wife" and state that all contestants must have fun.

Uusorg, 25, completed the course in 59 seconds with friend Egle Soll, 23, clinging to his back in the trademark "Estonian Carry" -- hanging upside down with her legs clenched around his neck.

Uusorg's prizes were his partner's weight in beer and a high-tech mobile phone.

It was his fourth victory, and the third in a row for his family. Brother Madis won in 2004.

"We don't have a secret, we just try to run fast and hope the legs work," said Uusorg, who works in Stockholm as an embassy driver. He warned that the family would be even stronger contenders next year when brother number three, Urmet, takes part.

"He holds the Estonian record for the 800 meters," Uusorg said.

Uusorg and Soll received first prize from the hands of visiting U.S. basketball legend Dennis Rodman, who declined to compete, saying he lacked both a wife and proper training.

"I'm not in shape ... It could hurt the back," said the former Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons forward. But he promised to train for next year.

"I'll carry the kids around the house or something," he said.

Some 9,000 people came to view the event, set deep in forests and lakes a couple of hours' drive from the Arctic Circle. It began in 1992 as a purely Finnish contest based on local legend, according to which wife-stealing was once commonplace in the region.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/new...egion-apnewyork

this is just sad........

July 3, 2005, 11:15 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) _ Two teenagers were under arrest Sunday on suspicion of killing another teen for his iPod portable music player, police said.

Samuel Darran, 16, and Daryl Stephen, 17, were facing charges of murder, robbery and weapons possession in the death of 15-year-old Christopher Rose, police said.

Rose and three friends were accosted by a group of young men Saturday evening in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn, police said. Members of the group demanded Rose's iPod and stabbed him twice in the chest when he resisted. The group fled, taking Rose's iPod and a backpack, police said.

Police also have reported a wave of iPod robberies on city subways, saying in April that 50 iPods had been stolen this year, compared to none over the same period last year.

It's believed that most robbers kept the devices, which can retail for about $100 to $500, for personal use rather than selling them.

Body of Steelers Fan Viewed in Recliner

James Henry Smith was a zealous Pittsburgh Steelers fan in life, and

even death could not keep him from his favorite spot: in a recliner,

in front of a TV showing his beloved team in action.

Smith, 55, of Pittsburgh, died of prostate cancer Thursday. Because

his death wasn't unexpected, his family was able to plan for an

unusual viewing Tuesday night.

The Samuel E. Coston Funeral Home erected a small stage in a viewing

room, and arranged furniture on it much as it was in Smith's home on

game day Sundays.

Smith's body was on the recliner, his feet crossed and a remote in his

hand. He wore black and gold silk pajamas, slippers and a robe. A pack

of cigarettes and a beer were at his side, while a high-definition TV

played a continuous loop of Steelers highlights.

"I couldn't stop crying after looking at the Steeler blanket in his

lap," said his sister, MaryAnn Nails, 58. "He loved football and

nobody did (anything) until the game went off. It was just like he was

at home."

Longtime friend Mary Jones called the viewing "a celebration."

"I saw it and I couldn't even cry," she said. "People will see him the

way he was."

Smith's burial plans were more traditional - he'll be laid to rest in

a casket.

A US man was arrested after a teenage girl saw him staring up at her from a cesspit below a toilet seat.

Those portable toilets have long freaked me out. This is just something new to worry about. -_-

"I would have been better off beating a kid, because those teachers always seem to keep their jobs," he told the Daily News.

Okay, I was with him paying the money back and him getting his job back until this comment. Obviously he's an idiot and this was just a good enough reason to fire him. :rolleyes:

Uusorg's prizes were his partner's weight in beer and a high-tech mobile phone.

That's just funny.

Man faints, dies after seeing epidural 2 hours, 55 minutes ago

This is sad....man dies as child is coming into the world.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A California woman is suing a hospital for wrongful death because her husband fainted and suffered a fatal injury after helping delivery room staff give her a pain-killing injection.

Jeanette Passalaqua, 32, filed the suit against Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Southern California Permanente Medical Group Inc. in San Bernardino County state court last week.

In June 2004, Passalaqua's husband, Steven Passalaqua, was asked by Kaiser staff to hold and steady his wife while an employee inserted an epidural needle into her back, court papers said.

The sight of the needle caused Steven Passalaqua, 33, to faint and he fell backward, striking his head on an aluminum cap molding at the base of the wall.

Jeanette Passalaqua delivered the couple's second child, a boy, later that day. Steven Passalaqua, however, suffered a brain hemorrhage as a result of his fall and died two days later, the lawsuit said.

The suit seeks unspecified damages related to Steven Passalaqua's death and to Jeanette Passalaqua's emotional distress at being widowed with two young children.

Because Passalaqua was solicited by Kaiser to assist in the epidural, the lawsuit said, the hospital "owed him a duty to exercise reasonable care to prevent foreseeable injuries resulting from his participation."

A spokesman for Oakland, California-based Kaiser Permanente called the death "a tragic accident."

"Some of the allegations in the lawsuit are simply that -- allegations. The legal process is under way and we should respect that," said Kaiser spokesman Jim Anderson.

Man Lights Himself on Fire to Propose Wed Jul 6, 8:02 PM ET GRANTS PASS, Ore. - To prove his love, a 38-year-old man set himself on fire before getting down on one knee and asking his girlfriend to marry him. About 100 people gathered to watch Todd Grannis perform the flaming stunt on Monday, which involved wearing a cape soaked in gasoline.Grannis climbed up a 10-foot scaffold, was set on fire and then plunged into a swimming pool, dousing the blaze. Emerging unscathed, he got down on one knee and proposed, as a friend standing nearby slipped him the engagement ring."Honey, you make me hot," he told his sweetheart, Malissa Kusiek. "I hope I'm getting the point across that I'm on fire for you."Kusiek, who has been dating Grannis for several years, said "yes," but added that she was a little angry because of the danger."At first I was mad, because I thought, 'He's not a stuntman,'" Kusiek said. "Then, of course, the tears started flowing. Of course I said yes. I was so thrilled."Grannis said he came up with the stunt through the help of his friend, professional stuntman Eric Barkey. Barkey pulled out a photo of himself on fire and said, "You could do that," Grannis said.Grannis met Kusiek, the owner of a local hair salon, when she cut his hair."I kept telling her sometime before I'm 50," said Grannis, who co-owns an Internet wholesale company. "She wasn't expecting it. She had no clue."

Man faints, dies after seeing epidural 2 hours, 55 minutes ago

and she needs to sue why? He whimped out and fainted. He hit his head. He died. It is called an accident. Accidents happen. I know I am cold hearted,,,, I don't care. This is why insurance is as high as it is. Cause she will sue and get a boat load of money. Some stupid ass old woman does not have enough common sense not put a hot cup of coffee between her THIGHS! and burns herself and gets a couple of million for McDonalds. Give me a break

My question about the epidural business, is why did the hubby look at the needle is he was squeamish? Jeez, it wasn't even being inserted into him.I agree that was an accident. A tragic accident. Why should the hospital pay out millions to this woman b/c her hubby couldn't handle it? If the hospital had not allowed the husband to be there during the procedure, I'm sure they would have sued. Sometimes you can't win.

I dont think the above lady should sue either but its sad that the guy died that tragic way as he was becoming a father. http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....yEnoughNews&s... Granny grows tired of prostitution at age 63 Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:15 AM ET BERLIN (Reuters) - A Berlin grandmother who has worked the city's diplomatic quarter as a prostitute for the last 49 years plans to retire when she turns 64 next year, according to Germany's Bild newspaper. Even though prostitutes were forced to leave the area after the Berlin Wall, fell because dead-end streets in the downtrodden district were re-connected to east Berlin and property values surged, Renate Dolle was allowed to stay, Bild said. "I've got a lot of regular clients," the blonde woman told the newspaper, pictured wearing a short red mini skirt and high-heeled white boots as she stood near the Japanese embassy. She said she charges 30 euros ($36) and on good nights she has four to five clients. "I'm going to stop at 64 and retire," said Dolle, whose husband drops her off for work each night after the television evening news and who has a nine-year-old granddaughter. She is one of 10,000 prostitutes in Berlin and 400,000 in Germany, where prostitution is legal. Dolle said she tried to work in a popular red light district nearby recently but was chased away by younger competitors. "What do you want here, you old whore, get lost," Dolle said they shouted at her. "What did I ever do to them?"

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....sticNews&stor...

Elderly woman hoards more than 300 cats

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:57 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - About 300 cats, nearly a third of them dead, were

removed from an elderly woman's Virginia home after neighbors complained of

a stench coming from the house, police said on Tuesday.

The house, less than a mile from late President George Washington's historic

Mount Vernon estate, looked neat from the outside with manicured lawns and

bright flowers, but inside it was overflowing with wild cats, feces and

urine.

"Cats were coming out of the cabinets and drawers and were inside the walls.

There were hundreds of them," Fairfax County Police officer Richard Henry

told Reuters.

He said animal control officers removed 273 cats -- 86 of them dead -- over

the weekend and slapped a condemnation order on the door of the house. The

woman, her husband and daughter were told to leave.

Later on, Henry said, the woman returned and attempted to smuggle an

additional 30 cats from the house. These animals were confiscated, bringing

the total to more than 300.

Ruth Knueven, 82, was charged with failing to care for her animals and of

improperly disposing of them. Dozens of dead cats were found in plastic bins

around the house. Its her new stylish decor!

Most of the cats were inbred and sick and were unfit for adoption, said

Henry. "These were feral cats who were given free range of the house and

almost all of them will, unfortunately, have to be put down," he said.

Two weeks earlier, a 58-year-old woman in nearby Falls Church, Virginia, had

her home condemned after neighbors complained of an overpowering stench

coming from the property. She had hoarded 88 cats and 29 of them were dead.

LOL! We used to accuse my mother of hoarding birds. She had like 7 parrots at one time. Her frickin house was noisy.

Drunk picks fight with bear A drunk Ukrainian who boasted to friends of his amazing strength was left fighting for his life when he picked a fight with a 42 stone grizzly bear. The 22 year-old man, not named, had been drinking with friends in the town of Cherkask when he decided to show them how strong he was by wrestling with the biggest animal he could find. They went to the local zoo where he climbed over the railings into the bear cage and started to hit one of them on the leg. The bear pushed the man away with a swipe of his paw but when the man hit him again the bear pinned him to the ground and began mauling him. Staff managed to drag the man out of the cage and calm the bears down, local daily Ukrainsky Novini reported. Doctors at a hospital in the town where he was being treated said his condition was serious. A spokesman for the zoo said: "The whole thing lasted less than a minute and the other bears were just getting ready to join in and attack him as well. If we hadn't got him out of there he would have been killed."

Corpse Falls Into Traffic in Texas DALLAS - The body of a Louisiana man strapped to a gurney fell from the back of a pickup truck Tuesday onto a south Dallas highway and into the path of oncoming traffic. "I didn't think it was possible for that to happen," said Mary Ellen Douglas, who was driving to work when she saw what she initially thought was a package that had fallen from a truck. "I wanted to get out of there. It was too freaky for me," she said in a story in Wednesday's editions of The Dallas Morning News. Authorities said the driver was carrying the body to a Shreveport, La., funeral home after the man died Monday at a Mesquite hospital. "The driver of the truck was not aware that he had lost the body," Dallas police Lt. Rick Andrews said. "He saw the open door. He stopped and looked. He turned around, went back and retraced his steps and found the body." Drivers swerved to avoid the corpse and gurney. Dallas police Senior Cpl. Max Geron said no charges are expected to be filed.

Woman Grows a Penis

Hlaing Thar Yar, Myanmar - Chicken-seller Thin Sandarin had always

dreamt of being a man.

When she inexplicably grew a penis last month, the 21-year-old treated

it as an awe-inspiring omen - as have the thousands of stunned

villagers who have travelled to a pagoda to see him.

"On the morning of the full moon day of June 21, I noticed my thing

(sex organ) was not the same as before," Thin Sandar, who now goes by

the male name Than Sein, said on Wednesday.

"And my breasts disappeared," Than Sein added. "So I called out and

showed it all to my mom and dad. It was very strange."

Experts have examined him, and he awaits test results from a women's

hospital. - Sapa-AFP.

Man allegedly had sex with guide dog

Tallahasseean charged with breach of peace

By James L. Rosica

DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Local prosecutors are apparently in a bind: How do they charge a blind Tallahassee man who has been accused of having sex with his Seeing Eye dog?

Florida, like many other states, has no bestiality statute - that is, a law specifically prohibiting sexual contact between humans and animals.

So Alan Yoder, 29, originally was charged with felony animal cruelty, but court records show that charge was dropped last Friday and replaced with a misdemeanor - disorderly conduct.

Yoder now is charged with a "breach of the peace, by engaging in sexual activity with a guide dog," according to a court document.

One of two prosecutors on the case, Assistant State Attorney Owen McCaul, did not return a call Thursday. The other, Assistant State Attorney Stephanie Usina, said she could not answer specific questions, including explaining why the charge was lowered to a misdemeanor.

Yoder, reached by telephone Thursday, declined to be interviewed. James D. Varnado, his attorney, said he has filed a not-guilty plea on his client's behalf but declined to discuss details of the case.

"However lurid the allegations may be, we should resist a rush to judgment," he said.

Here's what happened, according to Tallahassee police reports:

Yoder, who lives in a local apartment complex, last month asked a female acquaintance to join him in a sex act with the dog, a male yellow Labrador named "Lucky."

She demurred, but later told a friend about it. That person called a social worker, who called police.

Investigators spoke to Yoder on June 16, who admitted performing certain sex acts with the dog, even going into detail with them, but denied doing others. He was arrested and booked June 22, charged with animal cruelty.

An animal-control officer took the dog to Dr. Sondra Brown, a veterinarian at Northwood Animal Hospital, who could not determine whether the dog had been sexually abused.

Warren Goodwin, who recently retired after 30 years as an assistant prosecutor, said he could not recall a similar case in Leon County.

Annemarie Lucas, a New York-based special investigator for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said sexual contact with animals "probably happens more than it's actually reported."

Bestiality - illegal in New York state - is "just not a natural thing," she said. "Animals can't consent ... They're probably fearful and in physical pain. It's like any kind of abuse.

"It's a cowardly act," added Lucas, who also appears on "Animal Precinct," a program on the Animal Planet cable-television network. "It's a domination thing, something an animal would never instigate."

Stephanie Shain, spokeswoman for the Humane Society of the United States, said her organization takes a similar position.

"It's doing something to an animal that they have an inability to stop," Shain said.

Last year, an Ocala man pleaded no contest to felony animal cruelty after being charged with having sex with his then-fiancee's female Rottweiler, according to the Pet-Abuse.com Web site.

A judge withheld adjudication and ordered five years of probation and a psychological evaluation. He also prohibited the 27-year-old man from "owning pets of any kind while on probation and from having unsupervised contact with other people's pets," the site said.

Enumclaw-area animal-sex case investigated

By Jennifer Sullivan

Seattle Times staff reporter

King County sheriff's detectives are investigating the owners of an Enumclaw-area farm after a Seattle man died from injuries sustained while having sex with a horse boarded on the property.

Investigators first learned of the farm after the man died at Enumclaw Community Hospital July 2. The county Medical Examiner's Office ruled that the death was accidental and the result of having sex with a horse.

A surveillance camera picked up the license plate of the car that dropped the man off at the hospital, which led detectives to the farm and other people involved, said sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart.

Deputies don't believe a crime occurred because bestiality is not illegal in Washington state and the horse was uninjured, said Urquhart.

But because investigators found chickens, goats and sheep on the property, they are looking into whether animal cruelty — which is a crime — was committed by having sex with these smaller, weaker animals, he said.

The farm was talked about in Internet chat rooms as a destination for people looking to have sex with livestock, he said.

"A significant number of people, we believe, have likely visited this farm," said Urquhart.

The Humane Society of the United States intends to use the case during the next state legislative session as an example of why sex with animals should be outlawed in Washington, said Bob Reder, a Humane Society regional director in Seattle.

"This and a few other cases that we have will allow us a platform to talk about sex abuse of animals," Reder said.

Thirty-three states ban sex with animals, he said.

Susan Michaels, co-founder of local animal-rights organization Pasado's Safe Haven, said she has been fighting to have bestiality made illegal. "It's animal cruelty behind closed doors," Michaels said.

Life-Sized Statue of Betty Boop Beheaded Sun Jul 24, 2:33 AM ET Her ebony hair perfectly parted and saucer-like eyes perpetually staring, the life-size Betty Boop statue became a local landmark on the city's Shore Drive. But Sunday morning, a patron discovered the $1,600 figure a block away from its home in front of Cool & Eclectic Furniture and Fashion - without its head. Six days later, the head remained missing. "Without it, she's nothing," said store owner Larry Estes, who filed a police report Friday. Estes collected Boop's body and placed it in a storeroom. Then he began searching up and down Shore Drive. He is offering a free store item to anyone who comes forward with Boop's head. "She's made a lot of people smile," he said of the mascot. "Who would do this?" Betty has had run-ins before. Two years ago, Hurricane Isabel's winds tossed the statue down Shore Drive, severing limbs and crushing her head. "From heel to head, I had to reconstruct her," Estes said