BobbyD

Eddie Murphy

From ET.Online...Eddie Murphy to Divorce August 5, 2005 ET has learned that EDDIE MURPHY and his wife, NICOLE, are divorcing after 12 years. Nicole filed the petition for divorce Friday morning in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences.Murphy released the following statement to ET: "The welfare of our children is our main concern and their best interest is our first priority." The couple has four daughters and one son.News of the split has stunned many in Hollywood, as DONALD TRUMP told ET exclusively: "I feel very badly for both of them. They're both wonderful people and I wish both of them well."Signed to "Saturday Night Live" when he was just 19 years old, the now 44-year-old actor is known for hits like 'Beverly Hills Cop,' 'The Nutty Professor,' 'Dr. Dolittle' and more recently as the voice of Donkey in the 'Shrek' films.Watch ET tonight for all the latest.

Edited by BobbyD

Eddie Murphy & His Wife Split

Friday Aug 05, 2005 6:00pm EST

people.com

Posted Image

Eddie Murphy and Nicole Murphy.

CREDIT: SARA DE BOER / RETNA

Comedian Eddie Murphy and his wife, Nicole, are splitting up.

On Friday, Nicole, a 37-year-old former model, filed for divorce from the Nutty Professor and Shrek star in Los Angeles after 12 years of marriage, PEOPLE has confirmed.

"The welfare of our children is our main concern and their best interest is our first priority," Murphy, 44, said in a statement issued by his rep, Paul Bloch.

The pair have five kids. Their youngest daughter, Bella Zahra, is 3 years old. Their eldest, Bria, is 15.

The couple met in 1988 and wed in 1993.

Murphy, who began doing stand-up comedy at age 15, became the youngest comedian ever hired by Saturday Night Live at age 19. In the 1980s, he starred in series of hit films such as 48 Hours and Beverly Hills Cop.

Later his career hit a lull, but he shot back into the limelight with several family films including Dr. Dolittle, The Adventures of Pluto Nash and Shrek.

I got a hunch that the marriage agreement expired...Like Cruise and Kidman. Then again, the wife facilitated it...

She sure did ,because the gay, oops! I mean the" tranny" episode would have sent me hauling ass out of there..

I'm leterally surprised it last this long. I guess she could not competeJust hope the children are all OK. THey are beautiful.

i'm thinking this divorce filing solves a NYPOST (I think) blind item from a few weeks ago...the one about the NJ actor that has 2 families in the same town...

I head one of her and Eddies first kids was actually fathered by Eddies brother and he took the kid as his own. Its an old rumor or something I read somewhere.

From imdb.com:Haunted Mansion star Eddie Murphy and his wife Nicole are divorcing because of the pressure of a showbiz marriage, according to her pal Kimora Lee Simmons. The pair stunned Hollywood on Friday when former model Nicole filed for divorce, ending their 12 year marriage. Simmons - whose husband is hip-hop boss Russell Simmons - is equally shocked, but can understand how the break-up happened. She says, "We never would have thought anything like that would have happened. To be a high profile couple in the limelight. It's a lot of stress." ------------------------------------------------------------------------I need to go hunt down an old blind item from a year or so ago - something about a record producer's model wife having an affair with another model and the husband didn't mind because he was into his own bi-thing as well? At the time, the guesses were Kimora Simms and Tyra Banks but what if it was Eddie's wife?

From imdb.com:Haunted Mansion star Eddie Murphy and his wife Nicole are divorcing because of the pressure of a showbiz marriage, according to her pal Kimora Lee Simmons. The pair stunned Hollywood on Friday when former model Nicole filed for divorce, ending their 12 year marriage. Simmons - whose husband is hip-hop boss Russell Simmons - is equally shocked, but can understand how the break-up happened. She says, "We never would have thought anything like that would have happened. To be a high profile couple in the limelight. It's a lot of stress." ------------------------------------------------------------------------I need to go hunt down an old blind item from a year or so ago - something about a record producer's model wife having an affair with another model and the husband didn't mind because he was into his own bi-thing as well? At the time, the guesses were Kimora Simms and Tyra Banks but what if it was Eddie's wife?

Oh my God. Tyra Banks. Is she or isn't she? What a shocker. Just don'tknow these days. :wacko:

Divorce buzz: Murphy a Beverly Hills flop nydailynews.comFriends of Eddie Murphy's wife, Nicole, aren't happy that she filed for divorce last week - but they aren't surprised, either."Frankly, I have no idea how their marriage lasted this long," one pal, who's known the couple since they wed in 1993, was telling us yesterday. "I mean, they both love their five children. Eddie is an amazing dad. But I think Nicole got fed up with other things."Fed up with what?"Eddie is a very reclusive guy," said the friend. "He likes dinner at home. When they do go out to a restaurant, he likes to have a private room."Another friend remembered "a night where everybody was going on to the next party. Nicole really wanted to go along. Eddie wanted to go home."This is a young woman who spent most of the last decade having children. She had all the trappings of fame and wealth, but no real fun."While it's unclear whether the couple signed a prenup, Nicole stands to seek her share of revenue from the string of movie hits Murphy made during their marriage.Eddie, 44, is also said to have discouraged Nicole, 37, who used to model, from working. "You make tradeoffs," said one of the friends. "I think this is an opportunity for her to breathe."One source contends that Nicole may already be breathing easier with a new guy, now that she's separated. Nicole's lawyer, Neil Hersch, didn't return a call yesterday. Eddie's lawyer, Marty Singer, said, "I can't comment on the reason for their divorce. It's a personal matter."But Singer was adamant that the "irreconcilable differences" Nicole cited in divorce papers had nothing to do with Eddie's infamous 1997 incident when police stopped Murphy's car while he was in the company of a transsexual prostitute. The "Doctor Dolittle" star sued the National Enquirer and the Globe for $5 million each, charging that their stories about his "secret sex life" damaged his reputation and made him physically ill.Murphy ended up dropping both suits. His rep confirmed that the Enquirer paid him nothing. Then-editor Steve Coz said at the time that Murphy paid the Enquirer's legal costs. Singer vowed his client would vigorously defend his good name against any new allegations. "I'm not going to comment on the [Enquirer] resolution," said Singer. "My client was satisfied by the result."

Radarmagazine.comEddie Murphy, Boomerang BachelorEddie Murphy doesn’t waste any time. The 48 Hours star didn’t even wait that long before setting out on a hunt for hotties after his wife of 12 years filed for divorce last week. The Dr. Doolittle star showed up with a large entourage at Joseph’s in L.A. Monday night and Murphy—who survived an embarrassing episode with a transexual hooker a few years ago—kept his eyes trained firmly on the ladies. “He was flirting with every girl that came up,” says an eyewitness, “and there were lots of them!”Back in the eighties, the hard-partying comic was a familiar presence at Hollywood’s hot spots, but over a decade of marriage and five children seemed to stall his partying streak. Last week his British wife, Nicole, filed flor divorce citing irreconcilable differences. But a string of recent hits like Shrek and Daddy Day Care seems to have perked up his libido as well as his bank account. “Eddie had this big grin and was all decked out in black with platinum jewelry. His whole crew was with him, buying bottles of Cristal while a bunch of women danced on his lap,” says our source. “I felt like I was back in the Rick James era.”The fact that Murphy is signed on to co-star with Chris Rock in an as-yet-untitled project helmed by director Brett Ratner suggests his bachelor party has only just begun.Murphy’s spokesman, Paul Bloch, declined to comment on the comic’s swinging shindig, but we suggest the ladies of Tinseltown—and anyone remotely resembling ladies—watch out. :D

(NYDailynews.com)Murphy makes merry with Mariah Eddie Murphy and Mariah Carey hooked up Friday night in Miami.The songbird - in town for an appearance at last night's MTV awards - heard her cell phone ring while she was holding a dinner party for friends at the Raleigh Hotel's penthouse. It was newly single Murphy, demanding she come over to Prive, where the $20-million movie man was hanging out with pals Quincy Jones and Ice T and the latter's cantilevering cutie, Coco. Carey did decide to leave her party but may have taken too long at the makeup mirror. By the time she arrived, at 2:30, Murphy had been standing at the top of the stairs for 20 minutes, with his arms folded, saying: "Where the hell is she?"Carey, who's ditched the tube tops and two-sizes-too-small cutoffs for more sophisticaed styles, finally showed up, looking sexy and relaxed, report our spies. Both stars immediately started whispering into one another's ears and nuzzling.Back at a banquette with pals, Murphy, also looking relaxed, "held hands with her under the table," one nearby spywitness adds.By 3:30, the pair had slipped out the back door unnoticed (perhaps driven by a pesky drag queen named Wanda who suddenly snapped at Ice T, "Stay away from my man!"). They were holding hands as they slid into the backseat of a Mercedes, and zipped over to the five-star Hotel Setai.Our helpful spy, who followed them, says: "They were sitting in the car 15, 20 minutes until nobody was on the street and then they went in together."

(NYDailynews.com)Murphy makes merry with Mariah Eddie Murphy and Mariah Carey hooked up Friday night in Miami.The songbird - in town for an appearance at last night's MTV awards - heard her cell phone ring while she was holding a dinner party for friends at the Raleigh Hotel's penthouse. It was newly single Murphy, demanding she come over to Prive, where the $20-million movie man was hanging out with pals Quincy Jones and Ice T and the latter's cantilevering cutie, Coco. Carey did decide to leave her party but may have taken too long at the makeup mirror. By the time she arrived, at 2:30, Murphy had been standing at the top of the stairs for 20 minutes, with his arms folded, saying: "Where the hell is she?"Carey, who's ditched the tube tops and two-sizes-too-small cutoffs for more sophisticaed styles, finally showed up, looking sexy and relaxed, report our spies. Both stars immediately started whispering into one another's ears and nuzzling.Back at a banquette with pals, Murphy, also looking relaxed, "held hands with her under the table," one nearby spywitness adds.By 3:30, the pair had slipped out the back door unnoticed (perhaps driven by a pesky drag queen named Wanda who suddenly snapped at Ice T, "Stay away from my man!"). They were holding hands as they slid into the backseat of a Mercedes, and zipped over to the five-star Hotel Setai.Our helpful spy, who followed them, says: "They were sitting in the car 15, 20 minutes until nobody was on the street and then they went in together."

You know,I am one of the people who believes that when someone like Eddie( (meaning the tranny incident, etc.) is in the process of a divorce I wait for the court papers to see what his wife's reason was.But hooking up with Mariah is not doing him any good because rumors use to swirl about the baseball player Derek Jeter's preferences and then he was alledgedy hooked up with Mariah.Unless Eddie is trying to make a record,these photos of him and Mariah are suspect,at least to me. <_<

(NYDailynews.com)Seats of power Eddie Murphy's wife, Nicole, may have filed for divorce from the "Beverly Hills Cop" star — but she and her new beau still aren't averse to dropping Eddie's name.Nicole and businessman Alan Daniels, whom she's dating, came looking for a good time at Tuesday's Bunny Chow party at Cain.Finding all the dance-floor tables occupied, Daniels informed one of his fellow patrons, "I want your table." The patron said no, to which he responded, "Don't you know who we are?" Another pal piped up, "She is Eddie Murphy's wife."A surprised staffer muttered, "Not anymore she isn't."After an awkward silence, the table's occupants shifted to the bar. That was a good thing for the owners of Cain. We hear that Daniels may be a big investor in a possible spinoff of the club, keeping with the Genesis theme, a restaurant named Abel.

(IMDB.COM)Murphy Calls Up Pre-Nup As Divorce Heats UpFunnyman Eddie Murphy is recalling a 12-year-old pre-nuptial agreement with his estranged wife Nicole as their divorce gets messy. In court papers filed by the Shrek star, Murphy insists the couple's "premarital agreement" is "valid and enforceable" and he intends to use it to make sure he doesn't lose a valuable chunk of his fortune to his soon-to-be ex. And the bitter comedian is calling for his and Nicole's kids to be kept away from his estranged wife's new man, businessman Alan Daniels. In the divorce papers, he insists, "Nicole Murphy shall be restrained and enjoined from having the children in the physical presence of Alan F. Daniels." The couple, who split in August, will also be battling over two New York homes, worth a combined $37 million, and a Beverly Hills, Los Angeles estate, worth upwards of $10 million.

Good lord Eddie has more money then he needs. Just give her some!

12 year Prenup...and that's exactly how long Eddie's marriage lasted...Tom Cruise's marriage lasted 10 years and the prenup was for 10 years...then HE filed. (Takes notes) Nobody needs to ever question whether these marriages were scams or not... :angry:

12 year Prenup...and that's exactly how long Eddie's marriage lasted...Tom Cruise's marriage lasted 10 years and the prenup was for 10 years...then HE filed. (Takes notes) Nobody needs to ever question whether these marriages were scams or not... :angry:

Are there any real marraiges in Hollywood. I've read on another forum that Paul Newman is gay and Joanne Woodard was his beard and she is a lesbian!

12 year Prenup...and that's exactly how long Eddie's marriage lasted...Tom Cruise's marriage lasted 10 years and the prenup was for 10 years...then HE filed.  (Takes notes)  Nobody needs to ever question whether these marriages were scams or not... :angry:

Are there any real marraiges in Hollywood. I've read on another forum that Paul Newman is gay and Joanne Woodard was his beard and she is a lesbian!
I always thought his wife was so pretty....you would never know she had 5 kids by looking at her but I heard her new guy is a bad guy who went bankrupt and wasted millions on some internet investment thing. I also always heard Nicole had her first kid w/ Eddies bro but Eddie took it as his own and married her......maybe that is what started the contract in the first place...he covered her and she covered him....Also...I heard the same thing about Newman and Woodward....Did they have kids ever? Edited by Rebelgirl

Actually a pre-nup in any state of the U.S cannot have a term on it(wether it be 2,5 or 10 years..What Eddie is calling for is that the judge re-inforces the pre-nup agreement that was signed before they got married.When Donald Trump divorce both his previous wives that was the first thing he asked the judge to do and all the other wealthy divorcee usually do.So does any one who has more assets in a relationship to begin with.Only Joan Lunden formerly of Good Morning America was not so lucky.She had to pay her ex big bucks.However,Nicole will get more than enough money.They were married in the state of New York and she will recieve accordindly to the laws of the state.It is not like in California where they have a no-fault divorce proceeding.She will be taken care of.And the guy she is keeping company with was alledgedly involved in some money laundering and I think most people would want their probably vulnerable family or ex be kept away.