Sign in to follow this  
princess

Nicolas Cage

Hard-up Nicolas Cage sells German castle

BERLIN (AFP) – The global recession has forced Hollywood star Nicolas Cage to tighten his purse strings and sell his sumptuous castle in Bavaria in southern Germany, the actor told a magazine Tuesday.

"Due to the difficult economic situation, unfortunately, I was no longer able to keep it," the 45-year-old told German celebrity weekly Bunte.

Cage bought the 28-room Neidstein castle with 165 hectares (410 acres) of forest and gardens two years ago, reportedly paying 2.6 million dollars for the property, which dates back to the 16th century.

But the "Leaving Las Vegas" and "Wild at Heart" star has not been seen since flying off in a helicopter in 2008, local media reported.

"Even if Neidstein castle is no longer in my possession, it will always have a firm place in my memory," Cage, whose mother has roots in Bavaria, told Bunte.

Nic Cage Sues Biz Manager for 'Financial Ruin'

Nicolas Cage, who has made untold millions over a long career, says his business manager has sent him "down a path toward financial ruin" and he wants $20 million minimum to repair the damage.

TMZ has obtained a copy of a lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, in which Cage claims Samuel Levin -- his business manager -- was so reckless and incompetent with his money, that he has now been forced to sell off major assets and investments and is faced with gigantic tax liabilities.

In the lawsuit, Cage -- who according to Forbes earned $40 mil between June 2008 and June 2009 -- claims over a period of seven years, "Levin placed Cage in numerous highly speculative and risky real estate investments, resulting in Cage suffering catastrophic losses."

Cage also claims Levin failed to pay taxes when they were due. As TMZ first reported, the IRS has filed liens against the actor for more than $6 million in back taxes.

Cage claims it was only this year, after firing Levin, he learned "the gravity of his financial condition."

In the lawsuit, filed by legal pit bull Marty Singer, Cage claims Levin never advised him of his financial bottom line and is guilty of "over-extending [Cage's] line of credit with banks and financial institutions." The suit claims Levin concealed Cage's "true financial condition prior to investments and assets being acquired by [Cage]." Translation -- Levin never told Cage to put the brakes on buying stuff because he was running out of money.

Nicholas Cage PicturesAnd, for bad measure, Cage claims he paid Levin millions and was "grossly" overcharged for his services.

Cage is suing for a minimum of $20 million.

Nicolas Cage's father, August Coppola, dead at 75

(10-29) 11:56 PDT LOS ANGELES, (AP) --

Nicolas Cage's father, literature professor August Coppola, has died. He was 75.

Coppola is the brother of filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola, and he taught literature and served as dean of creative arts at San Francisco State University.

Cage spokeswoman Annett Wolf said he died Tuesday after a heart attack.

Besides Cage, Coppola is survived by sons Christopher and Marc and three grandchildren.

Nicolas Cage Broke?

NICOLAS Cage is on the verge of going broke, reports claim.

The Oscar-winning actor is said to be short on cash and owes $6.3 million in back taxes.

The star, 45, is liquidating much of his vast real-estate empire and blaming his financial woes on his ex-manager, whom he’s sued for $20 million, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Cage — who owns apartments in New York, a Bavarian castle in Germany, Dean Martin’s former home in Beverly Hills, Calif., and a townhouse in Bath, England, among others — is trying to sell several of his luxury properties.

Cage claims in court papers that Samuel J. Levin, his former business manager, is at fault for his financial troubles, giving bad advice that put the actor on a path to his financial ruin.

The actor is seeking $20 million in damages.

Mr. Levin couldn’t be reached for comment, says the WSJ.

Source showbizspy.com

HOW FAN-BOY NICOLAS CAGE THREW $38 MILLION AWAY

Despite making millions from a string of box office disasters, Nicolas Cage is now on the brink of bankruptcy.

Hollywood.com recently reported that between the summer of 2007 and 2008 Cage made over $38 million from a string of near-blockbusters yet Cage recently filed a $20 million lawsuit against his former business manager alleging the manager had failed to file taxes and put him on the road "toward financial ruin."

But that's not where ALL Cage's money went - he seems to be an extreme fan-boy.

Among Cage's purchases were several yachts, a jet, a castle, over 50 cars, over $1 million dollars worth of comic books including Action Comics Number One which featured the very first appearance of Superman, several mansions including one in New Orleans (that may or may not be haunted), two Bahamanian islands, real shrunken heads, and a $500,000 Lamborghini once owned by the Shah of Iran

He also has dropped $276,000 on a dinosaur skull (reportedly out-bidding Johnny Depp), 2 non-malt liquor real King Cobras (Moby and Sheba) and a pet octopus.

On the other hand Cage gave $1 million to the Red Cross to aid Hurricane Katrina victims,and $2 million to Amnesty International, the human-rights group.

CAGE STALKED BY A MIME

Nicolas Cage fans are FAR crazier than Robert Pattinson's!

The Ghost Rider star who's money troubles has been the butt of jokes lately confesses he feared for his life when he discovered a silent and "maybe deadly fan" -- a dreaded white-faced Marcel Marceau-esque mime when lensing on the streets of New York.

"I was being stalked by a mime - silent but maybe deadly," Cage revealed.

"Somehow, this mime would appear on the set of Bringing Out the Dead and start doing strange things. I have no idea how it got past security.

"Finally, the producers took some action and I haven't seen the mime since.

"But it was definitely unsettling."

As well it should be, Nic.

Nicolas Cage's Silent Terror

Nicolas Cage was stalked by a mime artist.

The 'Bangkok Dangerous' actor joked about his ordeal at the hands of a "silent but maybe deadly" performer but admitted he found the white-faced stranger "unsettling".

Nicolas, 45, said: "I guess it would fall into the stalker category more or less.

"I was being stalked by a mime?silent, but maybe deadly. Somehow, this mime would appear on the set of 'Bringing Out the Dead' and start doing strange things.

"I have no idea how it got past security. Finally, the producers took some action and I haven't seen the mime since. But it was definitely unsettling."

A mime artist performs wordlessly, expressing stories through bodily movement alone, and traditionally paints their face white.

Meanwhile the actor - who is presently facing financial difficulties after being handed an unpaid tax bill of $6 million - has also told of the challenge he faced in portraying a drug-addicted corrupt policeman in 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans'.

He told Parade magazine: "I was trying to find a way to play a guy who was high on crack and other illegal substances and at the same time be responsible and not glamorize the drugs or drug-taking but show the hideous effects.

"I wasn't exactly sure I could do it, especially being totally sober, which I was. Different kinds of drugs produce different kinds of behaviours - like coke makes you hyper and heroin kind of zombies you out.

"So you have to keep it all straight. I did speak with some people that were recovering drug addicts, but I was trying to make it more of an impressionistic kind of performance. And I was going back 25 years in my own life and trying to recall what it was like."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Johnny Depp Rescues Cage

Johnny Depp has vowed to save Nicolas Cage from financial ruin.

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' hunk was horrified to hear the actor has ran into difficulties over a $6million tax bill and has pledged to support the 'Con Air' hunk through his plight because of the assistance he gave Johnny when he was first trying to make it in Hollywood.

A friend of the pair told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Johnny called Nicolas and basically told him not to worry and he'd help him and sort everything out.

"Johnny feels he owes his career to Nicolas and now wants to repay him - if Nicolas agrees.

"Johnny has never forgotten what Nic did for him."

Nicolas met Johnny over 20 years ago when the 'Sleepy Hollow' star was a struggling musician.

The 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans' actor linked Johnny up with his agent, a move which eventually secured him his breakthrough role in 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'.

The Hollywood pair first met in the 80s when Johnny was a struggling musician.

Film star Nicolas saw Johnny's star potential and sent him to his agent, who got him a role in 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'.

Nicolas - whose films have grossed £3.9billion - is facing financial ruin after getting landed with his staggering tax bill.

He owes $6 million in back taxes from 2007 and is suing his former manger for bad financial advice.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Cage uncuffs inner bad cop for `Bad Lieutenant'

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer David Germain, Ap Movie Writer

TORONTO – Nicolas Cage figures he owes no apologies when critics gripe about all the Hollywood action flicks he's done.

An Academy Award winner for "Leaving Las Vegas," Cage says those commercial movies provide the freedom to do smaller, smarter films such as his offbeat cop tale "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans."

And he notes that his big studio flicks, including the "National Treasure" adventures, also do something his critics overlook: entertain big, big audiences.

"I am eclectic, and I do like to make many different kinds of films. And it's true that if you can have a certain level of bankability, you can get movies greenlit, movies that maybe would not have a chance because of the material. The subject matter is too edgy," Cage, 45, said in an interview at September's Toronto International Film Festival, where "Bad Lieutenant" played in advance of its theatrical release Friday.

"But that's not to denigrate the movies that I've made like `National Treasure,' because those movies make a lot of people happy. They provide a ritual, if you will, for families to go and share something with their children... I feel that I'm applying myself in a very decent way to be able to make movies like that."

Cage — who is suing his former business manager for $20 million, claiming mismanagement that led him toward financial ruin — has a busy release schedule to help restore his personal fortune.

He has three movies due out in 2010: the supernatural saga "Season of the Witch," with Cage as a 14th century knight transporting a woman whose sorcery is blamed for the black plague; "Kick-Ass," an action comedy in which he plays a vigilante dad who meets up with a teenage superhero wannabe; and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," in which he reunites with "National Treasure" director Jon Turteltaub for a live-action tale that expands on the Mickey Mouse escapade in Walt Disney's animated classic "Fantasia."

Adapted from a poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" stars Cage as a 1,500-year-old disciple of the wizard Merlin who takes on his own pupil to combat rising evil.

Cage said it's another family-friendly fantasy tale, the opposite of "Bad Lieutenant," whose explosive violence and extreme drug use are leavened by raucously twisted humor.

Directed by Werner Herzog, the film stars Cage as a New Orleans police detective traipsing about post-Katrina New Orleans, snorting, popping and smoking whatever drugs he can while threatening witnesses in pursuit of savage killers.

The film is not an outright remake of 1992's "Bad Lieutenant" starring Harvey Keitel, but rather Herzog and Cage's take on the idea of a cop without conscience, doing his job in a sometimes hallucinatory fog.

"While we were maneuvering the film into some very stark, dark, abysmal humor, black humor, I always sensed it would work, because sometimes I would see Nicolas Cage at arm's length from me in front of the camera... and I was exploding in laughter," Herzog said, adding that he would gag himself with a handkerchief to keep from disrupting the scene.

"He notices how I'm gagged and turning purple, and he adds something else, and the moment that we call 'cut,' I'm exploding in laughter. I knew it would come across to an audience in a similar way."

Early in his career, Cage changed his last name from Coppola, saying he did not think he would get a fair shot from filmmakers who knew he was the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola.

Though he worked with his uncle on "Rumble Fish," "The Cotton Club" and "Peggy Sue Got Married," Cage made his own way, mixing things up with smaller films ("Birdy," "Wild at Heart," "Racing With the Moon"), acclaimed fan favorites ("Moonstruck," "Raising Arizona," "Adaptation") and volcanic action ("The Rock," "Con Air," "Face/Off").

"Bad Lieutenant" marked Cage's first time back working in New Orleans since he shot his directing debut there with 2002's "Sonny." Cage said he was anxious about returning, because he had a life-changing experience in New Orleans during the "Sonny" shoot.

"In some ways, you could say that I was reborn in New Orleans, and I had this terrifying, mystical experience," said Cage, who would not provide details about what happened.

Critics may assail Cage for his action movies, but they're heaping praise on the actor for the frenzy and fearlessness of his role in "Bad Lieutenant."

New Orleans might have something to do with that, Cage said. Going back was a catharsis, and the city's spirit helped inspire his performance, he said.

"New Orleans is not like any place else in the world. It was colonized by the French and Spanish, it has these African energies, and all these things sort of roll into one to create this genius loci, which is the reason we have jazz," Cage said.

"I felt that I could embrace that, and that I could maybe have a bit of jazz, or my understanding of jazz, in the delivery. Which, my understanding is, that you know the lines so well that you go off-page and you improvise, and you can riff, and you can soak that energy up if you're willing to listen to it. And that's what I think happened."

Cage accused of squandering his fortune

Nicolas Cage's former business manager has filed a countersuit against the actor, accusing him of squandering his fortune.

Cage filed suit against Samuel Levin last month, alleging he had sent the star "down a path of financial ruin," by misleading him and overcharging for his services.

The accusations stem from a $6.26 million tax lien Cage has been handed by the IRS, alleging he failed to pay income tax on wages dating back to 2007.

Cage is also facing other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, while he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million loan last month.

But Levin claims Cage is to blame for his financial woes, detailing the star's extravagant spending habits in a countersuit, obtained by TMZ.com.

Referring to the actor by his birth name -- Nicolas Coppola -- the suit reads, "(By the time Levin was hired in 2001) Coppola had already squandered tens of millions of dollars ... and owed millions of dollars in ... income taxes, with no funds available to pay the tax debt."

He claims in 2007 alone Cage spent $33 million on three new homes and bought 22 new cars, including nine Rolls Royces.

Levin alleges his client needed to earn $30 million per year to maintain his lifestyle, which included spending "huge sums taking his sizable entourage on costly vacations and enormous, Gatsby-scale parties at his residences."

The lawsuit adds, "The pinnacle of (Cage's) spending spree came with his Quixotic acquisitions of Midford Castle in England and Schloss Neidstein Castle in Bavaria."

Cage has since been forced to offload both properties, and list his New Orleans, Louisiana home for sale.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0XE98fVSX

Johnny Depp Cage Rumors Denied

JOHNNY Depp won’t be lending a helping hand to his financially-troubled pal Nicolas Cage — despite recent claims to the contrary.

It had been reported that the Pirates of The Caribbean actor was shocked to hear Cage is on the brink of financial ruin and and has pledged to support the Con Air star through his difficulties.

“Johnny called Nicolas and basically told him not to worry and he’d help him and sort everything out,” a source told UK newspaper the Daily Express.

“Johnny feels he owes his career to Nicolas and now wants to repay him — if Nicolas agrees.

“Johnny has never forgotten what Nic did for him.”

But Cage’s rep says the report is “not true.”

Nicolas met Johnny over 20 years ago when the Sleepy Hollow star was a struggling musician.

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans actor linked Johnny up with his agent, a move which eventually secured him his breakthrough role in A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Nicolas — whose films have grossed over $5 billion — is facing financial ruin after getting landed with his staggering tax bill.

He owes $6 million in back taxes from 2007 and is suing his former manger for bad financial advice.

Source showbizspy.com

Nicolas Cage Targeted Again in Fraud Lawsuit

The stand-in-line-to-sue-Nicolas-Cage saga has just deepened -- Nic's being sued again for allegedly stiffing someone over a loan.

According to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ, Red Curb Investments loaned Cage $3.5 million for a real estate deal back in July, 2007. In return, Nic agreed to pay $29,166.67 a month, which includes 10% interest.

The suit goes into a lot of detail over how repayment was structured, but bottom line, Red Curb claims Nic owes a balloon payment of $1,850,269.67. But that's not all Red Curb is after.

Red Curb says Nic committed fraud and wants an additional $15 million. The fraud, according to the suit, is that Nic never disclosed he was deeply in debt to the IRS and needed the money to pay back taxes.

And there are millions more Red Curb wants to collect from Cage and co-defendant Samuel Levin, who incidentally Cage is suing. Cage claims Levin, his former business manager, is the reason he's gone belly up.

Cage's lawyer, legal pit bull Marty Singer, says, "Any claim that our client engaged in any fraudulent conduct is ridiculous."

Source TMZ

Nic Cage Not Being Sued for Fraud

Nic Cage isn't being sued for fraud and lawyers for a real estate company are going after him for much less than a previously reported $36.7 million, PEOPLE clarifies.

Cage, who says he's facing financial ruin after allegedly being duped by his former accountant, is being sued by Red Curb Investments for failure to pay back approximately $3 million in loans.

Red Curb, a small private lender, is also seeking more than $3 million each from his former accountant and a mortgage broker, accusing them of defrauding the real estate company by not disclosing Cage's true financial picture, including his enormous tax debt.

Marty Singer, Cage's lawyer, tells PEOPLE: "Any claims that Nic Cage engaged in fraud or wrongful conduct is absurd and ridiculous."

Source People

Nicolas Cage Will Pay IRS $14 Million

Nicolas Cage is determined to get his financial house in order and to pay the IRS all that he owes in back taxes.

While the government recently placed a tax lien on his real-estate holdings, including an additional $6.7 million from 2008, "over the course of my career I have paid at least $70 million in taxes, unfortunately, due to a recent legal situation, another approximate $14 million is owed to the IRS," Cage tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement. "However, I am under new business management and am happy to say that I am current for 2009, all taxes will be paid including any to be determined state taxes."

Cage will next be seen in the thriller Season of the Witch in March.

Source People

Nicolas Cage Sued Over Cars

The actor - who is rumoured to owe around $6 million in unpaid taxes - leased two vintage Rolls Royce cars in 2007 on a 60-month agreement, at a cost of over $10,000 a month.

However, he reportedly couldn't afford the repayments and returned both vehicles and now the leasing company, Premier Financial Services, are suing him over breach of contract for the money they lost by selling the car wholesale.

The company wants $104,490.68 for one vehicle and $137,077.06 for the other.

Last October, the 'National Treasure' actor - who has been forced to put several of his properties on the market after failing to pay millions of dollars of tax - filed a lawsuit in October claiming Samuel Levin, his former business manager led him "down a path of financial ruin".

Levin- who was branded "incompetent" by the actor over his financial advice, which Cage claims has led him towards financial ruin - then filed a cross complaint in Los Angeles Superior Court against the star, insisting he was already in deep debt when he hired him in 2001.

In the complaint Levin insisted Cage refused to listen to his advice, resulting in him having an unpaid tax bill.

He said: "From the start of our Business Management Agreement he knew about his perilous financial situation and he knew he was behind on paying his taxes."

The business manager claimed he "warned" the actor he needed to earn a minimum of $30 million a year to support his lavish lifestyle and agreed a string of financial objectives which included selling "more than a dozen" of his cars and his $1.6 million comic book collection.

Source femalefirst

Cage Loses California Properties

Three of NICOLAS CAGE's California properties have allegedly been repossessed by a U.S. bank after they failed to sell at auction.

The Hollywood actor is currently selling off his property empire in a bid to settle his ongoing financial problems, and his Bel Air mansion, as well as two homes in Malibu, California went under the hammer on Wednesday (07Apr10).

All three properties were put up for auction with a minimum bid of $10 million (£6.7 million) each, but they failed to attract any buyers and ownership of the houses has now been handed to Cage's bank, according to TMZ.com.

The Con Air star is facing a massive $14 million (£8.75 million) tax bill and is currently embroiled in a legal battle with his former business manager Samuel Levin, who he has blamed for causing his money woes.

Source contactmusic

Nicolas Cage Dreamed of Having Superpowers

NICOLAS Cage dreamed of having superpowers when he was a child.

The financially-troubled Gone in Sixty Seconds star says new movie Sorcerers Apprentice took him back to his childhood when he wanted to shoot fire out of his hands.

“This is what I’ve been waiting to do my whole life,” says Nic of his magical role as a wizard. “As a kid I was always flying around and killing monsters and shooting energy out of my hands.

“The role also lends itself to do what I love doing which is pratfalls and standing awkwardly and getting to shoot plasma out of my hands at the same time, so it’s just a marriage of my two passions.”

Cage recently revealed that his role as Balthazar Blake in Sorcerers Apprentice was his dream part.

“I knew that this would be a good fit for me, but I don’t think people know that, so that was what was new about it, I was getting to play something that had been a dream of mine for a while,” he said last week.

“So, in terms of my comfort zone, that wasn’t in the balance, I felt pretty confident with it. But taking risks and doing work that challenges me is how I learn or how I grow or how I possibly get something.

“I don’t really know what I’m gonna get, but when I hear it, I can intuit, I intuitively know its right. I can’t keep doing things that I am comfortable with, that I love too much.

“I gotta do things that I don’t love too much, because that way I will be pushed and pulled in new directions.”

Cage can currently be seen starring in new movie Kick Ass — which is, quite frankly, an amazing film!

Source showbizspy.com

Nobody Wants Nic Cage's Bel Air Home

by Deidre Woollard (RSS feed) Apr 7th 2010 at 10:02PM

www.luxist.com

We've know for years that Nicolas Cage's house in the Bel Air area of Los Angeles was a hard sell. After all we've seen the home linger on the market since 2007 going from a high of $35 million to $17.5 million in 2009. Cage, whose money troubles have already cost him most of his other real estate, was set to lose his Tudor-style home at an auction on April 7. It was up for auction with several other foreclosed properties at the county courthouse in Pomona. The LA Times reports that the bidding opened at $10.4 million. There were no takers and it was all over in a flash with ownership going back to the foreclosing lender, one of six that have queued up to get their share of the $18 million owed on the house.

Why can't Cage unload this one? He bought the home in 1998 from Tom Jones for $6.469 million and it was also owned by Dean Martin. The vintage Tudor is classic old Hollywood but Cage's tastes which run toward the baroque and bizarre may have thrown off some buyers. A tour shot by Everett Fenton Gidley reveals comic books framed on the wall in the dining room and a massive amethyst geode dominating another room. The core bones of the seven-bedroom home are great and it is on over an acre of land with a pool but the pervasive air of wackiness may have worked against it.

TMZ reports that Cage lost more than just the Bel Air house on Wednesday. He also owned two adjacent properties in the hills of Malibu which represented hundreds of acres total. Both of those properties were being auctioned for a minimum of $10 million but with no takers they were also surrendered to the lenders.

Cage, who also saw both his New Orleans homes go back to the bank, has sued his former business manager, Samuel J. Levin, claiming that Levin mismanaged Cage's funds and left him destitute. In return Levin has countersued saying that Cage was a binge spender.

For photo tour: go to:

http://www.363copadeoro.com/

Posted Image

Edited by k80cat

Nicolas Cage 'Purchases Pyramid Tomb'

Nicolas Cage has reportedly purchased a 9-foot tall pyramid-shaped structure built in a New Orleans cemetery.

According to TMZ, the National Treasure star bought the pyramid with the expectation that it will be his final resting place.

It is unclear how much Cage paid for the tomb or why he intends to use it as his gravesite.

The 46-year-old was recently ordered to pay East West Bank more than $2m (£1.29m). He also sold two historic New Orleans homes in a foreclosure auction because of his financial woes.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

NEW ORLEANS — Oscar-winning actor Nicolas Cage was arrested in New Orleans after a drunken argument with his wife outside a residence in the French Quarter, police said Saturday.

The 47-year-old film star was taken into custody at about 11:30 p.m. on Friday and booked on suspicion of domestic abuse battery, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness, New Orleans Police spokesman Garry Flot said in a written statement.

Cage was ordered to appear in court on May 31.

E! Online reported Sunday that Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman posted Cage's $11,000 bond . "I am a truly dedicated fan of Mr. Cage and will not be granting any interviews about my client as I wish to respect his privacy. I performed my duties as a bail bondsman and not in connection with our show. This is what I do for a living," Chapmant said in a statement to E! News.

According to the police statement, Cage was seen arguing with his wife on a street in the city's French Quarter.

"(Cage) and his wife were standing in front of a residence that he insisted was the property the couple was renting," Flot said in the statement.

"She disagreed and Cage grabbed her by the upper arm and pulled her to what he believed was the correct address."

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoices

Advertise | AdChoices

.The actor then began striking cars and tried to get into a taxi cab, Flot said.

"At that point, an officer who had been flagged down by on-lookers drove up on the couple, immediately observed that Cage was heavily intoxicated and ordered him out of the cab, which prompted Cage to start yelling. The officers subsequently took Cage to Central Lock-Up," Flot said.

There were no visible injuries to Cage's wife, he said.

Cage, the nephew of film director Francis Ford Coppola, is best known for such films as "Raising Arizona," "Gone in 60 Seconds" and "National Treasure."

He has twice been nominated for an Academy Award, winning the Oscar for his portrayal of a down-and-out alcoholic in the 1995 film "Leaving Las Vegas."

Reuters and E! Online contributed to this report.

How Nicolas Cage Became the Direct-to-Video King

The curious case of an Oscar-winning actor, the IRS, and a stolen dinosaur skull.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/07/how-nicolas-cage-became-the-direct-to-video-king

Kind of a sad what has happened to his career.

OMG for a second I thought this was posted in the "Celebrity Deaths" thread, and I was thinking, 'ooooh Princess, you are one shady lady..."

:P :P :P

• Like 2

He is one actor that I used to enjoy his movies, but his private life has turned me off from liking his films.