Sign in to follow this  
krysbabe

Evangeline Lilly - Dominic Monaghan

They're engaged and she's still married to the Canadian hockey player? Haven't heard any news about her divorce.

Is she really married? :o I looked her up on imdb and couldn't find anything about that!

Lilly lashes out

11/08/2006

Sympatico

(KP International) Lost's Evangeline Lilly has recently reprimanded the lazy and selfish socialites of the world too concerned about themselves to give to others in need.

"I need to help people or I'd be no better than the Paris Hiltons of the world, waltzing around with their Louis Vuitton bags and their little dogs," said the 27-year-old Alberta native. "Those people couldn't give a rat's a*s if somebody was starving in the street next to them."

In contrast, Lilly has praised those in Hollywood who are trying to make a difference. "Hollywood is the Sodom and Gomorrah of today. It's a world I avoid because it's destroying our culture. And yet, I've recently seen a turnaround. People like George Clooney and Michael Moore are using Hollywood as a platform to send out positive messages."

Rather than glaming it up for a gaggle of galas, Lilly prefers the calmer, less flashy life. Lilly said she enjoys resting in Hawaii, where the hit ABC TV series Lost is filmed, or participating in philanthropic activities.

Kind of off topic but did anyone watch the Miss Teen USA pagaent last week? Miss North Carolina (think it was NC - the first runner-up) looked JUST LIKE Evangeline Lilly. Honestly, it could have been her twin.

Emmys Best & Worst Dressed -- EVANGELINE LILLY: BEST

The Lost star didn't let her show's lack of nominations keep her from winning on the red carpet in her Versace strapless stunner and dazzling diamonds.

Posted Image

HOME PRIDE

It's no secret Lost's Dominic Monaghan is a man from Manchester – and proud of it – as he and girlfriend Evangeline Lilly take a sunny stroll in Hawaii on Saturday.

Posted Image

'LOST' AT SEA

Dominic Monaghan takes advantage of a break from his Lost shooting schedule and hits the Pacific Ocean for a few strokes in Hawaii on Thursday.

Posted Image

SYNCRONIZED SWIM

Real-life couple and Lost costars Evangeline Lilly and Dominic Monaghan find themselves in sync Sunday in Oahu as they head out for some surfing and canoodling in the Pacific.

Posted Image

I was shocked and surprised to read the recent cover article in Self magazine on Evangeline Lilly. I don't see her very much off the show, and was very surprised to read that she had such a hard time with being a celebrity. Apparently she was so taken aback by it all that she almost didn't come back for the second season, and also almost starved herself to nothingness in order to stay thin. She was also extremely depressed. I am just paraphrasing a few points in the article, but it was very interesting and definitely shed some light on who she is a person and what she thinks about the Hollyweird thing.

From what I understand, this is her first speaking role she ever got as an actress. I'm sure fame has come as a shock to her.

Did anyone else besides me glimpse her in Freddy Vs. Jason? She was a highschooler in a hallway and they showed her in passing. When I saw that movie it was when Lost first came out and I was incredibly hooked, so I recognized her right off the bat. She definitely was the prettiest girl in the shot, and you could tell she had the "it" factor even then.

Did anyone else besides me glimpse her in Freddy Vs. Jason? She was a highschooler in a hallway and they showed her in passing. When I saw that movie it was when Lost first came out and I was incredibly hooked, so I recognized her right off the bat. She definitely was the prettiest girl in the shot, and you could tell she had the "it" factor even then.

forget where but just yesterday saw a pic of teenaged Dom. So pimply geekie awkward! In a sweet way. looks pretty much the same.

forget where but just yesterday saw a pic of teenaged Dom. So pimply geekie awkward! In a sweet way. looks pretty much the same.

His first (I think) real role was in a TV series shown here in the UK called Hetty Wainthropp Investigates. It was made by the BBC. The imdb page is here and shows it was made between 1996 and 1998. I caught some re-runs the other day on a channel that shows a lot of old BBC stuff but the point I wanted to make is that he did look like a fairly typical pimply teenager in that show.

As for Evangeline Lilly, you can see by going back through the pics in this thread that she's lost weight over her time on Lost.

Fire destroys home of 'Lost' actress Lilly

By Dave Dondoneau and Mary Kaye Ritz

Advertiser Staff Writers

Evangeline Lilly was on set this morning when a fire destroyed the home she rents in Kailua.

The fire that destroyed the Kailua home of a "Lost" actress brought quick response from neighbors, who used hoses to douse the flames.

Firefighters responded to the blaze within 20 minutes of the call. The fire started before 6:30 a.m. and was put out around 7 a.m. Nobody was at home at the time and nobody was injured in the fire.

The Kailua home that "Lost" actress and recent Golden Globe nominee Evangeline Lilly rents with two other women was engulfed in flames this morning and appears to be a total loss.

Five fire trucks responded to the call around 6:45 a.m. Neighbors said the fire started at least by 6:30 and quickly spread. There was nobody home at the time. "Lost" was filming at a Waialua Beach this morning and one of Lilly's roommates who works on the set returned home after the fire was out.

She declined comment.

The early-morning fire at 684 Iana St. in Kailua brought quick response from neighbors, many who said they heard "popping" noises as the fire raged.

"I woke up to my dogs barking," said Morgan Janus, a neighbor who lives across the street. "There were loud popping sounds, like something electrical."

Janus said by the time she got outside, firefighters had already been called and were on the scene within 20 minutes.

By 7 a.m. the fire was doused and soon after firefighters were able to enter the home. Part of the problem slowing the firefighters were the bars on the house's windows. Firefighters had to pull the bars off the weakened wood to get inside to check if anyone was home.

Nobody was, said fire department captain Kenison Tejada.

Jorge Duarte, a neighbor who lives across the street, was one of the first on the scene. He said when he saw the flames he ran across the street and broke the glass at the front door hoping to help anyone who may have been trapped inside.

However, when he broke the glass "smoke poured out," so he said he knew he couldn't go inside. He grabbed a hose and started to hose down the home and surrounding area until the fire department arrived.

Another neighbor, Jill Turner — a former firefighter — said she was in bed when she heard the popping.

When she got to the home smoke was pouring out, so she covered her mouth with her sweatshirt and started spraying water on the back and surrounding areas.

She said she heard popping glass.

"It was bad pretty quickly," she said.

Another neighbor who helped was Dian Grant.

"I was wrapping Christmas presents. I thought it was someone throwing packages through that window (by her house)."

Grant said when she saw the flames, she went outside and grabbed a hose to water down the house. She only left it to bang on the window of her own home where her 19-year-old grandson was staying.

The cast of "Lost" was scheduled to break for Christmas tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by WillyWonka

Evie has hinted she will quit ‘Lost’ unless the show’s fans stop hassling her. The actress is growing weary of the constant attention she receives from followers of the programme and admits she sometimes considers walking away from her role as sexy fugitive Kate in the hit series. Lilly, who is dating her ‘Lost’ co-star Dominic Monaghan, said: "I am an incredibly private person, and it’s so exhausting to me that everywhere I go people know me or think they know me. If I could act and make the income I make and be anonymous, I would never want to leave the job." This is not the first time Lilly has complained about her fame. She previously admitted she would like to go on holiday to a remote island where no one would recognise her because she is so sick of being hounded by fans and the media wherever she goes. She said: "I want to go somewhere like Mongolia or Timbuktu. Someplace where they don’t watch ‘Lost’!"

Originally posted at seriouslyomgwtf.blogsome.com

From imdb.com today...

'Lost' Stars Bemoans Screen Time

Lost stars Naveen Andrews and Dominic Monaghan are bemoaning the lack of screen time they have in the third season of the desert island show. The British actors earn a reported $78,000 a week playing Sayid Jarrah (Andrews) and Charlie Pace (Monaghan), but admit they spend a lot of time sitting around with nothing to do. Andrews says, "Even though I like getting paid for doing nothing, it is nice occasionally to work." Monaghan adds, "As one person works more, work is being taken away from another. You have to make your peace with that. Executive producer Carlton Cuse explains, "The actors are frustrated. They're all really good at what they do and it's difficult when they don't get a chance to do it."

Evangeline Lilly, Dominic Monaghan and her parents at the beach (03/11/07)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

JustJared.com